Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Analog should continue to be called analog because you get a paper copy of Deep.  Paper.  Palpable.  Sooooo oldschool!!!  T-shirt and paper and $20, oh my!!!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    njnancy said:
    NewJPage said:
    PB11041 said:
    NewJPage said:
    PB11041 said:
    Would certainly be swell to get at least an inkling of clarity on the next phase of TC Analog vs Digital.
    It's already been clarified. Not sure what else they would say
    JFC, nothing has been clarified other than definitively no single moving forward.  I doubt very much their grand plan of we look forward to what the future of the club has to hold is an awkward naming convention that splits digital over analog that include no music in either tier.  Long story short, the annual single is the first change and casualty.  It could get worse, it could get better, and  it could take another 3 years for a clear answer, hoping not on the years, but the club tiers and benefits are going to change more than just the single.
    It is clarified on the benefits page. For 2019 that is what you get at each level. That is not going to change for this year. In the future it might change again. They will let us know at that point. I'm not sure what you are looking for. 
    A simple request. 

Change the names of the membership levels because they are not representative of what is offered. 

Asking for clarity is not being a BAD FAN, it is a human instinct. 

I don't get why there is a battle between people who want to know more information and those who don't care what tenclub does.
    Names of levels certainly are not representative. But in general these "requests for clarity" are people assuming SOMETHING is coming and they want to know what it is. I'm just saying nothing is coming, at least for this year. In the future, my guess is that any changes are going to be a continuing reduction in benefits or a more expensive option with something else thrown in. But again, that has nothing to do with current membership benefits. Nothing needs to be clarified with those and I'm not sure why people keep asking.

And I did not call anyone a bad fan. I don't think the "battle" you reference actually exists. If there is a "battle" between fans is a different one, although I wouldn't use that term
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    NewJPage said:
    njnancy said:
    NewJPage said:
    PB11041 said:
    NewJPage said:
    PB11041 said:
    Would certainly be swell to get at least an inkling of clarity on the next phase of TC Analog vs Digital.
    JFC, nothing has been clarified other than definitively no single moving forward.  I doubt very much their grand plan of we look forward to what the future of the club has to hold is an awkward naming convention that splits digital over analog that include no music in either tier.  Long story short, the annual single is the first change and casualty.  It could get worse, it could get better, and  it could take another 3 years for a clear answer, hoping not on the years, but the club tiers and benefits are going to change more than just the single.
    It is clarified on the benefits page. For 2019 that is what you get at each level. That is not going to change for this year. In the future it might change again. They will let us know at that point. I'm not sure what you are looking for. 
    A simple request. 

Change the names of the membership levels because they are not representative of what is offered. 

I don't get why there is a battle between people who want to know more information and those who don't care what tenclub does.
    Names of levels certainly are not representative. But in general these "requests for clarity" are people assuming SOMETHING is coming and they want to know what it is. I'm just saying nothing is coming, at least for this year. In the future, my guess is that any changes are going to be a continuing reduction in benefits or a more expensive option with something else thrown in. But again, that has nothing to do with current membership benefits. Nothing needs to be clarified with those and I'm not sure why people keep asking.

And I did not call anyone a bad fan. I don't think the "battle" you reference actually exists. If there is a "battle" between fans is a different one, although I wouldn't use that term
    I never accused you of using the terms bad fan or battle. They were terms I chose to use. I wasn't even directed my comments directly at you. I was just expressing how I feel. 

Bad fan is a term that gets tossed around and we all know what it means, someone who hasn't been around since Day 1, people who complain, there are a myriad of reasons why that term is used.Not being content with clarity does not a bad fan make. . 

You can call the back and forth whatever you wish, I chose battle. The whole discussion of this issue in threads  comes down to people who want more information and people who feel that tenclub has made it clear and don't understand why people can't understand that. Both sides are absolutely valid in their beliefs and feel what they do. No one is wrong. 

I don't know what other 'battles' may be around and I don't wish to know. 

We disagree, it happens and it's okay. ;No one is wrong and no one is right, we just don't agree on this particular issue. Life goes on. :peac
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    njnancy said:
    NewJPage said:
    PB11041 said:
    NewJPage said:
    PB11041 said:
    A simple request. 

I can't fathom what the hangup here is, I can only surmise that people have a vastly different definition of what the words clear/clarity mean.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

They are the same type of fans as KISS fans who refuse to see that - their hero - Paul is lipsyncing.
    WHAT

:wink:
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    For the love of God!
    That is at worst the only change, but ultimately a had to do ass covering move so that it would be clear if anyone new was joining or renewing that there is no vinyl any longer.  I don't know why that is so hard to understand.  They'e not said, that is all, nothing else will change.   The freaking policy always and forever has been "Membership benefits are subject to change at any time."

So again, it would be nice for them to provide 100% clarity on the direction, because the announcement email was vinyl done, and a bit ambiguous otherwise.  
    I wasn't referring to this disclaimer, I was referring to the whole page.  Those are the fucking benefits!  The vinyl is done, that's the ONLY change this year!! Jesus you all need to get that through your thick god damn skulls.  They're not gonna suddenly add something new when hundreds if not thousands of renewals have already been processed.
    Whatever. 
    "Whatever" is right.  It's all laid out.  Keep ignoring the obvious if it makes you happy. I'll make this my last post on the subject.  Peace.
  • They are going to bring back the Pearl Jam app
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • They are going to bring back the Pearl Jam app
    I would still use the fake lighter.....
    They are going to bring back the Pearl Jam app
    That was a weird time.  That app.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Link for virtual tour of the Sway (Infinite Colour & Sound) exhibition
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Pap said:
    Link for virtual tour of the Sway (Infinite Colour & Sound) exhibition
    Maybe. Tomorrow is the last day to view the MoPOP PJ Virtual Tour. https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/mopop-pj-virtual-tour

• PB11041 said:
    Never came to Android?

What was in the app? What was the point of it?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    PB11041 said:
    Never came to Android?

No never for android,was suppose to happen,,but
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    PB11041 said:
    Never came to Android?

It was really just a app representation of what was on the website.  It was generally poor timing, because it was built right about the time the need for most native apps became unnecessary as the vast majority of the web was moving to responsive design.

• epieepie Posts: 290
    Hoping for a nice surprise tomorrow.  Been a very quiet start to 2019.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    epie said:
    Hoping for a nice surprise tomorrow.  Been a very quiet start to 2019.
    I love me some Pearl Jam optimism! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• maverickmaverick Posts: 1,181
    Check this cover out.  https://youtu.be/xaXUgsdjWIg

A bit similar to how Toad the wet sprocket slowed down R and R all nite. 
  • derbydave said:

I love it!

+1 to whoever made it and +1 to you for posting it.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    derbydave said:

I love it!

+1 to whoever made it and +1 to you for posting it.
    Seems to be theme here lately!! :wink:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    demetrios said:

For what?
    D.Frank said:
    demetrios said:

For what?

Newsletter: February 10, 2019

Probably up @ 1pm EST.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    hope there is a cool contest this month
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • hope there is a cool contest this month
    No shit Sherlock
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Expect nothing, hope for something, could end up pleasantly surprised.

I think the best one could hope for this month is a surprise "hey we are going to repress Live On 2 Legs and Lost Dogs" - not saying this will happen, but other than a pretty much already confirmed set of Ed dates, nothing major.

• They are going to inform us that the monthly newsletter will now only come out once a quarter

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    edited February 2019
    It’s gonna be this...
    -Ed solo at those 2-3 festivals 
    -Ed opening for The Who 
    -the “find Stone” thing the other day raised money for Real Change News
    -something about Mike and his infinite color and sound project. 
    -contest

Done. 
    Sure hope I’m wrong and there’s something we don’t already know but I highly doubt it 

Post edited by Abe Froman on