ANALYSIS: Why people are freaking out about Howard Schultz running for president

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Because people who run 3rd party do not understand US Government and need to go back to civics class?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    CM189191 said:
    Because people who run 3rd party do not understand US Government and need to go back to civics class?
    This
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Gtilley8 said:
    CM189191 said:
    This
    +2
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Looks like the Dems have their next excuse all ready to go...
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Who's freaking out? Freak out flavor of the hour.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    No more excuses are necessary. The idiots and a-holes who vote for Trump would be the only excuse needed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    No more excuses are necessary. The idiots and a-holes who vote for Trump would be the only excuse needed.
     Nope. If the Dems can’t run and beat this guy it’s yet another terrible failure. Trumps already ruined the Republican Party. If he beats the Dems 2x he will have ruined them too.  The run to the left is what could be the killer. I sure as hope they don’t elected a candidate so far left....but I bet they do. I still will vote for whoever I think can’t beat trump, my most important issue. But not everyone will.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The guy sold the Seattle Supersonics to OKC.  I don't know how anyone could trust him.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Jason P said:
    The guy sold the Seattle Supersonics to OKC.  I don't know how anyone could trust him.
    He's not trusted in Seattle, I can tell you that! 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    jeffbr said:
    Jason P said:
    He's not trusted in Seattle, I can tell you that! 
    Yeah, I was living in Seattle when that charade was carried out.

He sold them for $350 million.  10 Years later OKC is valued at $1.3 Billion.  I'm guessing if they stayed in Seattle they would be closer to $1.75 Billion.  But he couldn't get the taxpayers to build a new stadium so he threw a tantrum. 

edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
     Nope. If the Dems can’t run and beat this guy it’s yet another terrible failure. Trumps already ruined the Republican Party. If he beats the Dems 2x he will have ruined them too.  The run to the left is what could be the killer. I sure as hope they don’t elected a candidate so far left....but I bet they do. I still will vote for whoever I think can’t beat trump, my most important issue. But not everyone will.
    I just disagree because literally ANYONE is better than Trump, so anyone who thinks "the Dem candidate isn't good enough", they're idiots, assholes, or both. Who the Dems run is neither here nor there IMO, as far as this point goes.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I just disagree because literally ANYONE is better than Trump, so anyone who thinks "the Dem candidate isn't good enough", they're idiots, assholes, or both. Who the Dems run is neither here nor there IMO, as far as this point goes.
    Well I understand even though it’s tough for me to swallow. There are several Dems that would give me pause 
    hippiemom = goodness
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Well I understand even though it’s tough for me to swallow. There are several Dems that would give me pause 
    Sure, I don't blame you for feeling that.... But still they'd be better than Trump, right? At the very least, none of them are fucking senile and none of them answer to Putin, lol.
  • Jason P said:

Just when the team was on the cusp on potential greatness: Durant, Westbrook, and Harden... wow... could have been the best 'big three' of the modern era (I know they all weren't there in Seattle).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sure, I don't blame you for feeling that.... But still they'd be better than Trump, right? At the very least, none of them are fucking senile and none of them answer to Putin, lol.
    50% right! 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I would think the dems could nominate Carter and beat Trump.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    CM189191 said:

Gtilley8 said:
    CM189191 said:
    This

PJ_Soul said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    CM189191 said:
    This
    +2
    Say, say, say what?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I have no problem with him running but for me my problem is that he is wimping out on not running in a primary.  if he is that confident that the "silent majority" is not being represented by both parties than put that to the test and run in a primary.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Starbucks blows
    you would think so but like Bill Maher once said " americans are stupid"
    fife said:
    I have no problem with him running but for me my problem is that he is wimping out on not running in a primary.  if he is that confident that the "silent majority" is not being represented by both parties than put that to the test and run in a primary.
    He is running as an independent.  He does not need the primaries.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    fife said:
    Trump is not getting re-elected.  Would not surprise me if he resigns sometime in 2019.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    fife said:
    I understand that but he says that he is more of a democrat than republican so if he believes that and believes that the democrats have gone to far left then run in the democratic primary and put that to the test.
    fife said:
    Trump is not getting re-elected.  Would not surprise me if he resigns sometime in 2019.  
    i think you can find articles about that before he was elected the first time.  I do not put anything above him and the R. party.
    fife said:
    fife said:
    I understand that but he says that he is more of a democrat than republican so if he believes that and believes that the democrats have gone to far left then run in the democratic primary and put that to the test.
    Why should he?  If he wants to run as an independent, then good for him.  He saw what happened 4 years, he probably feels he has a better chance as independent...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • The Dems are trying to protect our electoral process. They don't want to see a third-party candidate with no shot at winning taking votes away from one of the major party candidates...unless of course that third-party candidate is Ross Perot and the major party candidate he's taking votes away from is George Bush. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    fife said:
    fife said:
    Why should he?  If he wants to run as an independent, then good for him.  He saw what happened 4 years, he probably feels he has a better chance as independent...
    by running as an independent, he actually makes his chances less to become president cause you are just splitting the votes.  if you run in a primary and win then you don't split the vote.  
  • fife said:
    fife said:
    fife said:
    by running as an independent, he actually makes his chances less to become president cause you are just splitting the votes.  if you run in a primary and win then you don't split the vote.  
    Which is why Trump ran as a Republican. He's been planning a third-party candidacy for years but Roger Stone would always talk him out of it citing he just can't win as a third-party. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    fife said:
    fife said:
    fife said:
    Yes but the primaries are the problem. The wacko wing of each party has more of a voice. Moderates don’t appeal as much in primaries.

hippiemom = goodness
    fife said:
    fife said:
    fife said:
    He likely feels he has no chance to win the Democratic nomination.  As an independent, he will be part of the show, which is what he probably wants more...
    Give Peas A Chance…