Anticipated albums for 2019

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Anybody have a report on that new Greensky Bluegrass?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • nooramnooram Posts: 388
    edited January 2019
    Badflower - 2/22
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    rgambs said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprbsKvztKc
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Band of Horses recorded an album last fall, I think, so I'm waiting for that one.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Josh Ritter produced by Jason Isbell
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Air23 said:
    Josh Ritter produced by Jason Isbell
    Preordered it this morning!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Pearl Jam
    Cage the Elephant
    Raconteurs 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 270
    RS151862 said:
    Quaker City Night Hawks 3/1

Saw them with J Roddy Walston a few years back. Been a fan ever since. Stoked about the new record.
  • rgambs said:
    hey thanks for that link PAP !!

but to answer yer question rgambs...upon first listen it's not as great if sorrows swim but it's very hard to beat that masterpiece. imo
    and like many albums they sometimes take awhile and/or to fully be appreciated i need to see it go down live in concert
    this band is killer live. that is where the usually shine. they pick amazing cover songs for their live shows. i saw them do billy joel's big shot once and all i could think of was "who does that?" no one ! they nailed it.
    they are in a league of their own right now...kind of like when sam bush started new grass revival
    rgambs said:

but to answer yer question rgambs...upon first listen it's not as great if sorrows swim but it's very hard to beat that masterpiece. imo
    and like many albums they sometimes take awhile and/or to fully be appreciated i need to see it go down live in concert
    this band is killer live. that is where the usually shine. they pick amazing cover songs for their live shows. i saw them do billy joel's big shot once and all i could think of was "who does that?" no one ! they nailed it.
    they are in a league of their own right now...kind of like when sam bush started new grass revival
    I haven't heard all that much, I was drawn in by their cover of Into the Mystic, and listened to a handful beyond that.  Not sure if they are on a Railroad Earth level for me, but need to dig further to find out.
    I can't get my head out of Mandolin Orange and Amos Lee long enough to listen to anything else right now.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I haven't heard all that much, I was drawn in by their cover of Into the Mystic, and listened to a handful beyond that.  Not sure if they are on a Railroad Earth level for me, but need to dig further to find out.
    I can't get my head out of Mandolin Orange and Amos Lee long enough to listen to anything else right now.
    Going to see them on February 15 for the first time. Excited to finally see their show live. Heard great things about their live performances.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by Yefa on
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Going to see them on February 15 for the first time. Excited to finally see their show live. Heard great things about their live performances.
    I will check back and see how it went!  They are pretty quiet and melancholy for live performance, but they are killing it on the live scene nonetheless.
    I have tickets for them June 1 at an outdoor amphitheatre in mountains of Virginia supported by the Winston-Salem Symphony.
    I can't wait, my wife isn't as excited.  My overwhelming response to them has put her off lol
    The wild ponies up in the Grayson Highlands will definitely give me an assist in bringing her around.
  • GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 398
    New Cage the Elephant album Social Cues out April 19th
  • new zac brown band. new tour. they are a music machine. call em country if u have to...
    The Little Ships - Like Shadows (22/02/19)
    James Walsh
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Pap said:
    The Little Ships - Like Shadows (22/02/19)
    James Walsh
    Their first album had a few really good songs on it. Looking forward to this one.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

edited February 2019
    Reignwolf - Hear Me Out (01/03/19)
    Post edited by Pap on
    Meat Puppets - Dusty Notes
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Collective Soul new Album - Blood
    edited March 2019
    Rising Appalachia - Leylines (03/05/19)

Post edited by Pap on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Bedouin Soundclash!!!

Yeassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Bedouin Soundclash!!!

Omg, I HATE them!!!!!
    I'm glad you're excited though, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Bedouin Soundclash!!!

Omg, I HATE them!!!!!
    How could you not like your North American brethren?!?

Not a fan of their reggae style?  I am actually very fond of Malinowski's guitar chops.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Bedouin Soundclash!!!

Omg, I HATE them!!!!!

Not a fan of their reggae style?  I am actually very fond of Malinowski's guitar chops.
    I don't like reggae, and they have an especially annoying version of it going on - there is something about them in particular that absolutely drives me NUTS, so much more so that with most bands I just don't like. No joke, I have often named this band when people are talking about the bands they hate the most out of all bands, lol. I even once wrote an email asking a radio station to please stop playing that fucking hit song of theirs so much - I couldn't take it anymore. :lol: That was back when radio mattered to me of course. But again, to each their own, haha! I hope you like the album! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Bedouin Soundclash!!!

Omg, I HATE them!!!!!

I don't like reggae, and they have an especially annoying version of it going on - there is something about them in particular that absolutely drives me NUTS, so much more so that with most bands I just don't like. No joke, I have often named this band when people are talking about the bands they hate the most out of all bands, lol. I even once wrote an email asking a radio station to please stop playing that fucking hit song of theirs so much - I couldn't take it anymore. :lol: That was back when radio mattered to me of course. But again, to each their own, haha! I hope you like the album! ;)
    When The Night Feels My Song?
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Bedouin Soundclash!!!

Omg, I HATE them!!!!!

That's the one.

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Bedouin Soundclash!!!

Omg, I HATE them!!!!!

That's the one.

I have never met anyone that didn't like that song...

Not sure if we can be friends anymore.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    You have to check out Radiodread!

www.cluthelee.com