Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    https://www.indievinylden.com has 20% off all in stock vinyl. "PUSH" is the coupon code.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    reesdog said:

How does that Ice Cube album hold for today?  I find him laughable now and can't take him serious.  Just curious as to what you think?
    Yeah I kind of agree with you, that album has definitely dated, but its still a classic in the rap game. It's just these days we associate Ice Cube with some lame family movies..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:

I've read a lot of great stuff about The Fall and Buzzcocks but neither have registered will with my inner ear to this point.  I just can't seem to get into them, and yet they are so well received my many people with similar tastes to mine.  I keep waiting for the music of those bands to click with me.  Of course, if and/or once they do, there goes some more money, haha!
    Yeah, sometimes certain bands take a while to click, I know The Fall did for me. I'll give ya two tracks to seek out Brian, if you don't like them then The Fall and the Buzzcocks are doomed for you my friend.

The Fall - Living Too Late.
    Buzzcocks - I Believe.

Thoughts are welcome..
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    Traded in a bunch of my stuff for nirvana unplugged, fugazi and a bob marley for a friend. Thinning out my collection or rather concentrating it into stuff I listen to. It's hard to decide but kinda worth it. Just choose wisely because I dont want to reach for one and realize I traded it in...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:

I've read a lot of great stuff about The Fall and Buzzcocks but neither have registered will with my inner ear to this point.  I just can't seem to get into them, and yet they are so well received my many people with similar tastes to mine.  I keep waiting for the music of those bands to click with me.  Of course, if and/or once they do, there goes some more money, haha!
    Yeah, sometimes certain bands take a while to click, I know The Fall did for me. I'll give ya two tracks to seek out Brian, if you don't like them then The Fall and the Buzzcocks are doomed for you my friend.

Buzzcocks - I Believe.

Thoughts are welcome..
    The Fall - Living Too Late.  Nice bass line and I was digging it until it went all mental break up on me, lol.

Buzzcocks - I Believe  Great song, for sure.  I'm just not sure I'll ever get into the vocals (is that Shelley?) 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:

Buzzcocks - I Believe.

Thoughts are welcome..
    The Fall - Living Too Late.  Nice bass line and I was digging it until it went all mental break up on me, lol.

Buzzcocks - I Believe  Great song, for sure.  I'm just not sure I'll ever get into the vocals (is that Shelley?) 

Haha fair call's Brian, I like the break down part on Living Too Late, but I do like a lot of weirder music. Yep, Pete Shelley, he's an acquired taste I guess!
  • Options
    reesdog said:
    reesdog said:

How does that Ice Cube album hold for today?  I find him laughable now and can't take him serious.  Just curious as to what you think?
    Yeah I kind of agree with you, that album has definitely dated, but its still a classic in the rap game. It's just these days we associate Ice Cube with some lame family movies..
    I just associate Ice Cube with lame now.  One of the greatest posers in the rap game and for a while we all bought into it, lol.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    reesdog said:
    reesdog said:

I just associate Ice Cube with lame now.  One of the greatest posers in the rap game and for a while we all bought into it, lol.
    Isn't that just getting older?  No one was edgier than Eddie Murphy back in the day.  
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Barbershop is a fucking classic, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Barbershop is good but his rapping is not...mrussel1 said:
    reesdog said:
    reesdog said:

Isn't that just getting older?  No one was edgier than Eddie Murphy back in the day.  
    No we just got wiser and found out the truth about Cube, lol.

Listening to Eddie Murphy now is wild.  Most of what he says you can not get away with now.  It would be professional suicide.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    reesdog said:
    reesdog said:

Listening to Eddie Murphy now is wild.  Most of what he says you can not get away with now.  It would be professional suicide.
    I give Cube a lot of credit for bringing something that was seen as thug or sub-culture into the mainstream.  I'm not a rap guy so I'm not arguing whether his music is lame, but I think he was pretty creative and very important culturally.  
  • Options
    BH87446BH87446 Posts: 113
    Just won an eBay auction for this in the last 10 seconds. $26! 😊

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I give Cube a lot of credit for bringing something that was seen as thug or sub-culture into the mainstream.  I'm not a rap guy so I'm not arguing whether his music is lame, but I think he was pretty creative and very important culturally.  
    He's still doing it so if you are into fake story telling give him a listen, lol.

My problem with him is he lied about pretty much everything he was rapping about.

I admit that I loved NWA but didn't care for solo Cube.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Zucchero self titled 
  • Options
    I just got in the Ten Club Green River Demos.
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    BH87446 said:
    Just won an eBay auction for this in the last 10 seconds. $26! 😊

Great job!!
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Loved this back in the day.

BDK was so smooth!
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I still jam this regularly. It came on randomly the other day and i had to laugh considering Cube's foray into mainstrem hollywood...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mrussel1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    anyone going for the Kissteria boxset????
    Am I the only one that hates Kiss?  They paved the way for Motley Crew, Ratt, Poison and all of the other terrible hair bands of the 80's.  
    Kiss is the WORST.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited January 2019
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    Am I the only one that hates Kiss?  They paved the way for Motley Crew, Ratt, Poison and all of the other terrible hair bands of the 80's.  
    Kiss is the WORST.
    Their music blows... but their concerts are a damn good time. If a cheap or free ticket comes my way for a KISS show I'm all over it. The fans are a riot, and the spectacle is just plain fun. The music is irrelevant, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Loved this back in the day.

BDK was so smooth!
    lol, I told you he was nothing but a poser and bullshit artist!!!

He became the "doughboy" persona from Boyz n the hood.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    Kiss is the WORST.
    Their music blows... but their concerts are a damn good time. If a cheap or free ticket comes my way for a KISS show I'm all over it. The fans are a riot, and the spectacle is just plain fun. The music is irrelevant, lol.
    Although I won’t completely agree that their music blows... I do agree 100% with this comment. I own 1 KISS album, but I’ve seen them 5 times. One of my top 5 shows of all-time was KISS with Motley Crue. Just an all-round fun show!  (I consider Motley Crue  to be The same as KISS.)
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Tiki said:
    mrussel1 said:
    lolobugg said:
    Kiss is the WORST.
    Although I won’t completely agree that their music blows... I do agree 100% with this comment. I own 1 KISS album, but I’ve seen them 5 times. One of my top 5 shows of all-time was KISS with Motley Crue. Just an all-round fun show!  (I consider Motley Crue  to be The same as KISS.)
    I have to disagree with my friend @Tiki, currently Imagine Dragons are "the worst".  
  • Options
    I love this album (came today):

Been listening to this a ton. What an underappreciated album.

Among the most notable songs from this album, Straight Into Darkness is an absolutely fantastic tune.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Easily my favorite album of 2018. I love it.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Few things I grabbed while visiting Berlin:
    The Saints Eternally Yours
    Joe Strummer Global A Go-Go
    The Kinks Greatest Hits
    The Undertones 
    Danzig Danzig (bootleg)
    Danzig Danzig 2 (bootleg)
    Eagles of Death Metal Peace, Love & Death Metal
    GG Allin Always Was
  • Options
    jamhead64 said:
    The Kinks Greatest Hits
    The Undertones 
    Danzig Danzig (bootleg)
    GG Allin Always Was
    GG Allin, That is a rare find!
  • Options
    jamhead64 said:
    The Kinks Greatest Hits
    The Undertones 
    Danzig Danzig (bootleg)
    GG Allin Always Was
    GG Allin, That is a rare find!
    Shoulda noted it is a bootleg. There were copies all over the Berlin flea market on Sunday for €15.