Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I really hope we get other tour dates announced soon. It is difficult to make a decision only knowing one part of the jigsaw. 

There is a really cool venue near me that Eddie would be brilliant in. Jack White (as part of the Raconteurs), QOTSA, Jack Johnson have all played there and I hope one of them has mentioned it to him. 
    https://www.edensessions.com/ 
    https://www.edensessions.com/line-up/previous-line-ups/

2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    dottles said:
    I really hope we get other tour dates announced soon. It is difficult to make a decision only knowing one part of the jigsaw. 

Yeah, that's why they do it. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    Fun times for some of us

So this was your “some of us” hint earlier?  A one off show with The Who.  Hmm.....  not very exciting.   
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    Fun times for some of us

So this was your “some of us” hint earlier?  A one off show with The Who.  Hmm.....  not very exciting.   
    Yea. At all 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Geez people. Obviously it's the first announcement of the rumored EV Europe tour. 
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,384
    What a bummer. Im sure Europe is great in the summer, but come on through the US for a tour too
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Geez people. Obviously it's the first announcement of the rumored EV Europe tour. 
    Indeed... however people are able to speculate and to comment at will on what might be as part of that. 
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles said:
    Indeed... however people are able to speculate and to comment at will on what might be as part of that. 
    I just don't get the animosity towards @dimitrispearljam
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Eddie and Pete.  Fucking awesome anyway you look at it. Wish I could be there.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Fun times for some of us

Not for you or me, but for plenty of others I'm sure this is plenty exciting.

Also...I doubt this is a one off show.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 67
    PJNB said:
    We are happy to announce that Eddie Vedder will be performing in London supporting The Who at Wembley Stadium on Saturday, July 6th!

Why would they put supporting there and not opening then? Probably looking too much into it but would hate to go all that way for a couple of Eddie songs and a bunch of The Who.
    I'm betting he'll be an opener, but will also come out and collaborate with them. He's done that so many times, they respect the hell out of each other and love playing together. Plus if you go see a bunch of The Who, that's a win as well!
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • Options
    BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 67
    EV loves Europe, huh? So much EV solo has taken place outside of the US. I want a true PJ us arena/amphitheater tour, but if we don't get that, would love to see EV back in the US in theaters like 2011.
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Fun times for some of us

A 2017 Euro solo tour, a 2018 Euro band tour, now either another Euro solo tour or a one off or two off shows halfway around the globe. Fans commenting here they are "so tired from touring."

With one semi regional US band tour in 5 years...and that "forthcoming album" six year follow-up.

Its impressive to have success so profound it surpasses ones connectivity to its homeland fans. That's intentionally positive.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    dottles said:
    I just don't get the animosity towards @dimitrispearljam

I meant no animosity towards @dimitrispearljam.  I am glad he gives us the hints.

I was just commenting about his original hint.  I was hoping it would be a PJ tour announcement and it appears it is just an EV show (or perhaps he meant an EV tour). 

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    dottles said:
    PJNB said:
    We are happy to announce that Eddie Vedder will be performing in London supporting The Who at Wembley Stadium on Saturday, July 6th!

Why would they put supporting there and not opening then? Probably looking too much into it but would hate to go all that way for a couple of Eddie songs and a bunch of The Who.
    There are other acts announced, Eddie Vedder and the Kaiser Chiefs. 
    Quite often 'support acts' are referred to as special guests over here. Ozzy Osbourne has Judas Priest as special guests on his tour, Bon Jovi have Manic Street Preachers as their special guests. Sort of less supporting or opening for the artist but also playing if that makes sense. 

One of the biggest crimes is the Manics never "made it here" in the US.

Would have loved to see them but they just don't play here that much. We tend to overly focus on just a few bands  and greatly raise their profile internationally.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Fun times for some of us

Not for you or me, but for plenty of others I'm sure this is plenty exciting.

Also...I doubt this is a one off show.
    Probably not.  It is exciting for some for sure, but I'm figuring it will be Eddie singing 4-6 songs with the Who.  Very cool but if you are hoping for Pearl Jam it is not even close (imo).
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 921
    The manic street preachers are one of my faves. The holy bible..everything must go
     And this is my truth. All amazing lps

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    Fun times for some of us

The night is still young
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Fun times for some of us

The night is still young
  • Options
    Young ?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    dottles said:

There is a really cool venue near me that Eddie would be brilliant in. Jack White (as part of the Raconteurs), QOTSA, Jack Johnson have all played there and I hope one of them has mentioned it to him. 
    https://www.edensessions.com/ 
    https://www.edensessions.com/line-up/previous-line-ups/

Musis is business
    For exable Who will buy tickets to Florence festival EV show at 2017 is they announce Taormina same time or before the  Florence festival show? 
    We don't like it  but... 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016
    Fun times for some of us

The night is still young
    I’m guessing Pearl Jan-wise we have an itinerary similar to the 2013 Lightning Bolt release/tour?
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    So Eddie Vedder in Europe again. I really wish they would give us a nod on Pearl Jam playing this year. It is not like he won't sell out his tickets. I have vacation in August and September hoping for a Pearl Jam tour then but not looking good imo. 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,932
    Fun times for some of us

The night is still young
    yup , more dates are surely coming.

as i said above there were  very strong rumours about a EV date in Lisbon for quite awhile and there are also some talk about a spanish date .
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    Fun times for some of us

The night is still young
    Supporting Neil on his euro tour? 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,558
    if i were ed i'd vacation in europe with my family every summer too.  sounds like a great life.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    ComeToTX said:
    if i were ed i'd vacation in europe with my family every summer too.  sounds like a great life.
    And have the company pay for it.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,558
    exactly.  a great vacay where you make money!  
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023
    Get_Right said:
    ComeToTX said:
    And have the company pay for it.
    Play a couple of 10k arenas with 125 euros tickets and a few festivals generates much more money than a new PJ album would
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Can't knock the hustle