Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    rummy said:
    ...I guess at the end of the day, I feel they are killing their war horses and underplaying epic songs like Last Exit, Hail Hail, Faithfull, etc.
    Agree 100%
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Nobody varies a setlist quite like phish
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,762
    Come back when you have more legitimate Pearl Jam rumors to share. 

;)  I kid, I kid! Sorry, thought it was funny, please don't be offended. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    edited February 2019
    What's going on here..... Wrigley and Fenway rumors again? With a 2 day Alpine thrown in for fun?!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    Mike D88 said:
    Oh Christ. Do you guys even go to other shows? Standard fare is the exact same setlist, screen show and even the same fucking banter every night of the tour.
    Which is why people usually only see those bands once a tour, or once every couple of tours.   Same show different night.  PJ has a whole other culture around it.   They get people repeating because the shows are all different.  Unfortunately repeating does cause people to get tired of the bits that repeat.

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I would like it if they retired all off ten except Release from live shows. But I am happy with whatever they choose to play.  Just schedule some shows please.  I am fine if they choose to play a festival or Wrigley and Fenway every year. Giant party with PJ as the house band!
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 703
    I heard last night they are scheduled to play a private party this summer in August in the Midwest. I believe it to be true
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 647
    I would rather they never tour again than do Wrigley again. 
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 703
    edited February 2019
    nalyd61 said:
    I heard last night they are scheduled to play a private party this summer in August in the Midwest. I believe it to be true
    Private party for 400 ppl. 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Till now,  No pj shows booked for 2019 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ugh.  hello 2017!
  • Options
    This is true but they only play in the US and to all the same people. I'm a Phish fan and it's just unfair to compare them to a band with a huge fan base like PJ. Simple put, they don't have hit songs. One of my best friends has been to over 300 Phish shows and I tell him this all the time. 

I also like to add that if you mention another band in front of a huge Phish fan that their reaction is quite hilarious and kind of rude. 

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,435
    Looks like I'll be standing in line for Randy Watson and his band Sexual Chocolate again this year... which is not a bad thing!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    nalyd61 said:
    nalyd61 said:
    Private party for 400 ppl. 
    Are we all from the forum invited?
  • Options
    nalyd61 said:

And your birthday is....
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Looks like I'll be standing in line for Randy Watson and his band Sexual Chocolate again this year... which is not a bad thing!
    That boy can sing!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    A+. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,914
    I think Fenway has already booked their summer shows and there's not a lot of room for much more. I know that the city petitioned for 12, but not sure if that was granted or not.  The week before ZBB is open (Aug 23-31) but that's about it.  I guess they could squeeze in after Phish (open till the 11th).  

Phish - July 5-6
    ZBB - Aug 31-Sept 1
    The Who - Sept 13
    Billy Joel  - Sept 14

Looks like Dimi has already shot down this rumor, and you'd have to think that something would have leaked by now.  Oh well.  If this means a new album and arena tour spring of 2020 (ala the 2006 tour) then I'm all for it.  

**(Not that they'd do 35 North American dates, but you know what I mean)**
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Wrigley and Fenway? good God lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Wrigley and Fenway? good God lol
    Time for a New York area show. 
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301

I think Fenway has already booked their summer shows and there's not a lot of room for much more. I know that the city petitioned for 12, but not sure if that was granted or not.  The week before ZBB is open (Aug 23-31) but that's about it.  I guess they could squeeze in after Phish (open till the 11th).  

Phish - July 5-6
    ZBB - Aug 31-Sept 1
    The Who - Sept 13
    Billy Joel  - Sept 14

Looks like Dimi has already shot down this rumor, and you'd have to think that something would have leaked by now.  Oh well.  If this means a new album and arena tour spring of 2020 (ala the 2006 tour) then I'm all for it.  

**(Not that they'd do 35 North American dates, but you know what I mean)**
    Meanwhile, Wrigley has only announced 2 shows (both Dead and Co) for this year. The other artists you listed aren't playing Wrigley this year. Wouldn't surprise me if PJ at least has a hold at Wrigley for August. It also kind of makes sense that a PJ Wrigley show wouldn't be announced until after EV's show at Innings Fest (basically Cubs spring training) this weekend.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    I've been wrong before but I seriously doubt the band has any plans to play Fenway or Wrigley again this year.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,923
    So is it time to start a 2020 Rumor Thread already? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    JojoRice said:
    So is it time to start a 2020 Rumor Thread already? 

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I am good with no shows this year.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder and it will save me some cash.
  • Options

I realize that living 35 mins north of Boston I have been spoiled over the past couple of years 2 Boston Shows - 2018 , 2 Boston Shows 2016 , 2 Boston shows 2013 and one Hartford CT show in 2013. So 7 shows in 6 years makes me not feel the pain of them not playing in my area.

That said and everyone is welcome to do what they want, it is crazy to me how far people travel for PJ , as much as I love them I don't even think you could get me to drive to NYC for a show. At the Boston shows in 2018 my wife and I had people from Japan , Australia , Argentina all seating near us , just blew my mind.

For those whom live in the bands hometown I do wish they would do some sort of shows every year for Seattle. Not comparing at all but The Mighty Mighty Bosstones  have been doing there annual HomeTown ThrowDown for 21 years now , ever December 5 shows in a row with different opening bands at a small venue , as they have gotten older they now only do 3 shows at a large Boston Venue ( House Of Blues ) a thank you every year to the city that launched them. Different sets each night always a good time.

I think it would even be cool if PJ could make it so they could put a radius like only 10C members within 100 miles of Seattle can enter to get tickets and they could play a couple nights at a 2K capacity place. I mean hometown shows are the best part of living in or near the city a band is from.

• Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    I mean there is no way they're going to play Fenway/Wrigley again this summer.  Right?  Album and then tour dates please.  In that order.  Bring on that 2nd single.  You know it's ready!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    Get_Right said:
    I am good with no shows this year.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder and it will save me some cash.
    And that is the bright side. But...every year lost is a year we can't get back. Everyone is getting older. Us, them, everyone. Nothing lasts forever. They may tour together for years to come and we'll look back at this stretch as a blip. Or not and we'll look back at this period as wasted time.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Get_Right said:
    And that is the bright side. But...every year lost is a year we can't get back. Everyone is getting older. Us, them, everyone. Nothing lasts forever. They may tour together for years to come and we'll look back at this stretch as a blip. Or not and we'll look back at this period as wasted time.
    Yes, at some point they will just be, well old and not as fantastic live as they still are.  
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    JimmyV said:
    Get_Right said:

These are hopefully healthy and prime years. In six years it is not going to be easy to pull off that solo in even flow. If they don't want to do it now, what's it gonna be like when Uncle arthritis visits?