what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Magoo2Magoo2 Posts: 94
    edited December 2018
    Searching to buy a Subaru Crosstrek - as I was watching this review on you tube, I noticed Pearl Jam is on the radio in the car they are reviewing! 2:26 min into video and again 7:48. It's a sign! Of course,  my husband thinks I am nuts   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdegTQRCZWc
    Post edited by Magoo2 on
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I really like my job. It's data management, and I love it. I really like my co-workers.

I'm still learning the ropes, and I'm putting in a lot of weekend and holiday hours to finish projects. I'm making too many mistakes to feel comfortable in my job. I'm getting very down. I really like this job, and I should be good at it. I'm kind of sad.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Ms. Haiku said:
    I really like my job. It's data management, and I love it. I really like my co-workers.

I'm still learning the ropes, and I'm putting in a lot of weekend and holiday hours to finish projects. I'm making too many mistakes to feel comfortable in my job. I'm getting very down. I really like this job, and I should be good at it. I'm kind of sad.
    Give yourself more time. You'll get better. Mistakes are learning opportunities. Sometimes we are our own toughest critics. You got this. :hug:
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Ms. Haiku said:

Give yourself more time. You'll get better. Mistakes are learning opportunities. Sometimes we are our own toughest critics. You got this. :hug:
    Great advice Asterik.  Sending you (((Hugs))) ms. Haiku.  Be patient and kind with yourself.  
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    23scidoo said:
    That was really interesting - how the economic hardships have given birth to so many grassroot bands.  Looks like a really exciting scene!

That lead singer for Night Stalker made me chuckle and the lead singer for Planet of Zeus (i think that's right) looks INTENSE. 

Enjoy on your birthday & forward..  :rock_on:
    Ms. Haiku said:

Great advice Asterik.  Sending you (((Hugs))) ms. Haiku.  Be patient and kind with yourself.  
    Just want to add my support with the previous posters'  great advice. Just enjoy your job, don't be afraid to ask questions when you don't know something.  Believe in your awesomeness!! :hug:
    My goal is to be kind to myself in the new year but to also push my comfort zone in order to heal and get back into the game of life!

I just realized earlier that I am cigarette free for one year and 6 months today. Never thought I'd do it. Now just hoping for mental and physical wellness. For myself and for others....
    njnancy said:
    23scidoo said:
    That was really interesting - how the economic hardships have given birth to so many grassroot bands.  Looks like a really exciting scene!

That lead singer for Night Stalker made me chuckle and the lead singer for Planet of Zeus (i think that's right) looks INTENSE. 

Enjoy on your birthday & forward..  :rock_on:
    Thank you Nancy!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    njnancy said:
    My goal is to be kind to myself in the new year but to also push my comfort zone in order to heal and get back into the game of life!

I just realized earlier that I am cigarette free for one year and 6 months today. Never thought I'd do it. Now just hoping for mental and physical wellness. For myself and for others....
    Well done Nancy!  Congratulations!  That’s a big one.  Your strength in fighting and surviving your addictions is inspiring.  Pat yourself on the back and definitely be kind to yourself.  You absolutely derserve it!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    njnancy said:

Well done Nancy!  Congratulations!  That’s a big one.  Your strength in fighting and surviving your addictions is inspiring.  Pat yourself on the back and definitely be kind to yourself.  You absolutely derserve it!
    Thank you. :smile:   

23scidoo said:
    Tuber from Serres!!!! :rock_on:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    njnancy said:

I'll echo what Fifth said - DO (continue to) be kind to yourself, and excellent job on your 1-1/2 year marker of no smoking.  Letting go, and change...man, those two are tough nuts.  Hell, life is a tough nut.

Damned nuts.

Me, I'm gonna keep doing what I've been for the past few months...and, then some, hopefully.
    edited January 2019
    hedonist said:
    njnancy said:

I'll echo what Fifth said - DO (continue to) be kind to yourself, and excellent job on your 1-1/2 year marker of no smoking.  Letting go, and change...man, those two are tough nuts.  Hell, life is a tough nut.

Damned nuts.

Me, I'm gonna keep doing what I've been for the past few months...and, then some, hopefully.
    I have stopped making lists because they cause me extreme anxiety - and I'm agoraphobic right now. So this is a nut I have to crack in order to get to the meat of the nut. 

Acknowledging that it's time to stop that damn negative cycle is hard enough, I'm going day by day and, no matter how insignificant the action might be to a well functioning person, I am considering it a step forward. We both are addressing major issues that we need to go through, not around, and it may seem slow but that's the only way to do it. Growth is painful. That's why we remember our struggles so well. 

Wishing you the best @hedonist - you deserve a life of peace. 

It's nice to know that there are people who care. Really, it means a lot. :smile:

njnancy said:
    hedonist said:
    njnancy said:

Damned nuts.

I have stopped making lists because they cause me extreme anxiety - and I'm agoraphobic right now. So this is a nut I have to crack in order to get to the meat of the nut. 

Acknowledging that it's time to stop that damn negative cycle is hard enough, I'm going day by day and, no matter how insignificant the action might be to a well functioning person, I am considering it a step forward. We both are addressing major issues that we need to go through, not around, and it may seem slow but that's the only way to do it. Growth is painful. That's why we remember our struggles so well. 

Wishing you the best @hedonist - you deserve a life of peace. 

It's nice to know that there are people who care. Really, it means a lot. :smile:

Amen, and amen!

I may not ever be "normal", but am working on getting through this new normality.  Surprisingly, I'm handling life with no alcohol better than I am dealing with the physical / emotional repercussions, but...it must be done.

Thank you :)

• Powerful people both. I admire your spirit . You are winning even when you feel you are not. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Powerful people both. I admire your spirit . You are winning even when you feel you are not. 
    I've meant to thank you for this - so, thank you :)
    njnancy said:

Congratulations, njnancy!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    So pround for our boy..we are a small country with big people..

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited January 2019
    Post edited by Pap on
  • Fucking After Effects won't open my project I've worked on all day. Getting stuck at 91%. 

Fuck.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited January 2019
    hedonist said:
    Powerful people both. I admire your spirit . You are winning even when you feel you are not. 
    I've meant to thank you for this - so, thank you :)
    Thank you from me also @lastexitlondon

Ms. Haiku said:
    njnancy said:

Congratulations, njnancy!
    Thank you @Ms. Haiku

Nice people are awesome. :smile:
    Post edited by njnancy on
    Go Stefanos!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

My boss called me quiet today, but she isn't the first person at my job to remark about me being introverted. I didn't think my introversion was glaringly obvious, but there you go. As a result I disabled my Plenty of Fish app. I just started to use it, so it's not much of a loss. It doesn't seen like the right time, and my to-be-read pile is growing like mold :)
    Me, some days...shit's not all fucked up, but fucked up.

For those who can relate :peace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbhYqV17CoQ
    hedonist said:
    Me, some days...shit's not all fucked up, but fucked up.

For those who can relate :peace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbhYqV17CoQ
    . God bless Warren Zevon - for the short time we had him.

My shit's fucked up. Some days I feel like I am this close to breaking free, some days (like today) I can't fathom being free of this all encompassing anxiety.

If you can avoid PTSD - I recommend it highly.

:peace: to you my friend - you are on the right path. 
    I'd like to see the following 2 videos being re-uploaded on YouTube: :prayer:
    1. Pearl Jam - Future Days (Fall Tour 2014)
    2. The Hula Girls - Mele Kalikimaka (the 2:07 and not the 1:30 video)