Important Change To Ten Club Membership Benefits

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    SDNick484 said:
    As my membership renews on 1/20/19, I went ahead and "downgraded" to Digital just now.  While I'm not thrilled about it, I understand dropping the vinyl, but I really wish we'd get confirmation whether anything will be replacing it or not (again, fine either way, just wish we had an answer).  At this point all I can do is hope that if they do add something for Analogs, they give everyone a heads up and a window to upgrade if it's something we care about. 
    I think the fact that they are now openly selling the analog membership without the single is all the confirmation we need from 10C. They have what an analog membership includes up on their website - everything is the same except no vinyl single. It is clear that they are not replacing it with anything IMO. If they were, they'd say so there. They wouldn't keep that a secret while a huge number of the analog memberships downgrade to digital. At BEST, they have absolutely no idea if they're going to add something else later or not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    So they are now giving you less and the consumer continues to pay the same. That's quite a business plan, BRILLIANT!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    MedozK said:
    So they are now giving you less and the consumer continues to pay the same. That's quite a business plan, BRILLIANT!
    Yes, that should lead to a dramatic increase in revenue! Brilliant!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    jeffbr said:
    MedozK said:
    Yes, that should lead to a dramatic increase in revenue! Brilliant!
    maybe they'll just add a third wrigley show next time. problem solved. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    We're still debating "what this means?"  It's been in writing since the beginning of the month.
    MedozK said:
    I mean, to be fair, inflation is a thing, sadly. They could have also raised the price of membership and it wouldn't have been an unusual move. Just an unpopular one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    MedozK said:
    I mean, to be fair, inflation is a thing, sadly. They could have also raised the price of membership and it wouldn't have been an unusual move. Just an unpopular one.
    I've wondered why they charge for a fan club in the first place.
    I *think* it has to do with rules allowing them to secure and sell their own tickets way back in the day, but the Grateful Dead and Phish never had fan clubs or charged anything and allowed fans to order tickets directly from the bands.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    SDNick484 said:
    As my membership renews on 1/20/19, I went ahead and "downgraded" to Digital just now.  While I'm not thrilled about it, I understand dropping the vinyl, but I really wish we'd get confirmation whether anything will be replacing it or not (again, fine either way, just wish we had an answer).  At this point all I can do is hope that if they do add something for Analogs, they give everyone a heads up and a window to upgrade if it's something we care about. 
    My thoughts exactly.  Is it really too much to ask for a bit of information as to what being an analog will entail?  No, I don't think that's unreasonable at all. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    It's all laid out on the page that explains membership levels. Has been for almost a month now. Not sure what's so hard to understand about this...

• my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    edited January 2019
    It's all laid out on the page that knexplains membership levels. Has been for almost a month now. Not sure what's so hard to understand about this...

it's not that it's hard to understand, it's that people are just confused/frustrated because there has been no communication since the initial announcement that there would no longer be a vinyl single as to why/if the analog price hasn't/will change or if something will replace the vinyl, which is why many people have switched to digital, because for most people the vinyl single was the only reason to be analog...
    Post edited by my_wave on
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
    It's all laid out on the page that explains membership levels. Has been for almost a month now. Not sure what's so hard to understand about this...

Yep, same price, less stuff
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011

I don't think there's anything difficult to understand about this - I think members are simply being inquisitive, and rightfully so, about 1) Why is this still an "Analog" membership, if we're not getting anything analog?, and 2) If Digital membership still costs the same and the included items/benefits did not change, yet "Analog" membership still costs the same, and had a popular, fan-favorite item removed (which for some was apparently the prime reason for having an Analog membership), will there be an item to replace it, or are we simply getting less now for that particular membership level?

Does the band "owe" us an explanation beyond that? No. Would it be nice to get one? Yes.

For me however, my mind is made up. Come May of this year, my 145xxx membership # I've had since 1995 will cease to exist.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    I'm already set to drop down to digital at my renewal date. It's not worth the extra cash without the vinyl.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    MedozK said:

$50 international for less stuff... I've given upon hoping for something to replace the vinyl, but the price should be reduced accordingly. At the very least international and US should be the same price. You can't tell me that a printed Deep is worth an extra $10...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I've downgraded to "so digitally clean" for now.  They really need to come up with something worthwhile for me to change back to analog. 

And again, my biggest frustration as with may others here is the lack of communication.  What's being offered is clear enough but the communication is lacking and the justification for same price/ less stuff is a bit... odd (to put it nicely).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

I don't think there's anything difficult to understand about this - I think members are simply being inquisitive, and rightfully so, about 1) Why is this still an "Analog" membership, if we're not getting anything analog?, and 2) If Digital membership still costs the same and the included items/benefits did not change, yet "Analog" membership still costs the same, and had a popular, fan-favorite item removed (which for some was apparently the prime reason for having an Analog membership), will there be an item to replace it, or are we simply getting less now for that particular membership level?

Does the band "owe" us an explanation beyond that? No. Would it be nice to get one? Yes.

For me however, my mind is made up. Come May of this year, my 145xxx membership # I've had since 1995 will cease to exist.
    Digital members lost their mp3 when they discontinued the single.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    JimmyV said:

Digital members lost their mp3 when they discontinued the single.
    True...I guess technically both membership levels lost the annual single in their respective formats, but comparing a physical 7" vinyl and a link to an existing file is apples and oranges. Analog members lost a physical item with intrinsic value far more than a link to a compressed file. Should be replaced with something of equal value.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)

• The Harden clip is awesome.....

If the "limited edition membership item coupon code" provided the analog members with something more than a shirt....I am in.  If it is just a shirt ...no thanks.

The Harden clip is awesome.....

If the "limited edition membership item coupon code" provided the analog members with something more than a shirt....I am in.  If it is just a shirt ...no thanks.

Well, the shirt is the 2019 item. When they announce the 2020 item, if it's worth it (I would guess, No)... but if it is I will re-up to Analog.
  • goldrush said:
    MedozK said:

$50 international for less stuff... I've given upon hoping for something to replace the vinyl, but the price should be reduced accordingly. At the very least international and US should be the same price. You can't tell me that a printed Deep is worth an extra $10...
    T shirt will be part of the delivery cost as well! Still not happy without the vinyl though!
    4784495 - Thomas 9

The Harden clip is awesome.....

Lol, that Harden gif really is awesome. I absolutely hate basketball, but I'm still kind of a James Harden fan just because of his personality!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Membership Levels page has been updated Feb 1st.

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205285910-Membership-Levels?mobile_site=true

Membership Levels

Tickets February 01, 2019 18:15

Free (Non-Member) Account $0
    (Not eligible for any paid Membership Benefits)

• Express checkout feature in the Pearl Jam Shop
    • Pearl Jam News & Product Emails

Digital $20 *Plus applicable sales taxes
    (Membership Benefits are available digitally in your account)

• Full Website Access
    • Members-only Contest Eligibility
    • Access to Members-only Merch
    • Members-only Merch Discount Events
    • Access to Fan Club only Ticket Pre-sales
      (You must be an active paid Ten Club member as of the pronounced deadline to be eligible for any current pre-sale opportunity.)
    • Deep Magazine PDF

Analog $40 *Plus applicable sales taxes and Int shipping fees
    (Membership Benefits are physically sent)

• Full Website Access
      (You must be an active paid Ten Club member as of the pronounced deadline to be eligible for any current pre-sale opportunity.)
    • Deep Magazine PDF
    • Bootleg Download Coupon Code
    • Limited Edition Hard Copy of Deep Magazine
      (A collectible magazine made by the band and mailed out when finished.)
    • Limited Edition Membership Item Coupon Code

Explanation of Analog Membership Benefits

Membership Item Code:
    Please log in and go to MY ACCOUNT and select MEMBERSHIP. This is where you will find your Membership Item Code.

To redeem this, go to the Analog Member Items section of the Shop and choose the Membership Item that corresponds to the current year of your membership. Then add the item to your cart and continue through checkout. You must enter your Membership Item Code in the promo code space during checkout.

Note: This code will be expired on February 1st of the following year, so the last day to use it is January 31st.

Bootleg Download Code:
    The bootleg download coupon is valid for one year or for as long as your membership remains current. This is good for a one-time use on a free MP3 or $10 off of the other digital formats. This cannot be used on CDs.

Please log in and go to MY ACCOUNT and select MEMBERSHIP. This is where you will find your Bootleg Download coupon.

Go to the SHOP and select MUSIC, then click on Bootlegs and filter your search by "Digital" to find the show you would like and just enter your Bootleg Download coupon in the promo code space during checkout.

To view the setlist for a specific show, go to TOUR and click on TOUR HISTORY. Then click on the year in the interactive map, select a city, and hit "See more details" next to it.

Click here for information on how to download Bootlegs

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    demetrios said:

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205285910-Membership-Levels?mobile_site=true

Membership Levels

• Full Website Access
    • Deep Magazine PDF

• Full Website Access
    • Deep Magazine PDF

Explanation of Analog Membership Benefits

Membership Item Code:
    Please log in and go to MY ACCOUNT and select MEMBERSHIP. This is where you will find your Membership Item Code.

To redeem this, go to the Analog Member Items section of the Shop and choose the Membership Item that corresponds to the current year of your membership. Then add the item to your cart and continue through checkout. You must enter your Membership Item Code in the promo code space during checkout.

Note: This code will be expired on February 1st of the following year, so the last day to use it is January 31st.

Bootleg Download Code:
    The bootleg download coupon is valid for one year or for as long as your membership remains current. This is good for a one-time use on a free MP3 or $10 off of the other digital formats. This cannot be used on CDs.

Please log in and go to MY ACCOUNT and select MEMBERSHIP. This is where you will find your Bootleg Download coupon.

Go to the SHOP and select MUSIC, then click on Bootlegs and filter your search by "Digital" to find the show you would like and just enter your Bootleg Download coupon in the promo code space during checkout.

To view the setlist for a specific show, go to TOUR and click on TOUR HISTORY. Then click on the year in the interactive map, select a city, and hit "See more details" next to it.

Click here for information on how to download Bootlegs

This seems fair. It would have been nice when the vinyl  discontinuance was announced that analogue membership will still have premium benefits which are "currently TBD." Could have avoided confusion.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Just switched to digital. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Just switched to digital. 
    My membership is due next month. I'll be converting then also.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    demetrios said:

Membership Levels

• Full Website Access
    • Deep Magazine PDF

• Full Website Access
    • Deep Magazine PDF

So the additional $30 for international Analog membership gets you a bootleg code (that I very rarely use), a hard copy of DEEP (that they are way behind on sending out), and a coupon code (for a t-shirt that most people seem to hate)...

My membership isn't up until October or November, and I will still probably forget to change it then!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:
    demetrios said:

Membership Levels

• Full Website Access
    • Deep Magazine PDF

• Full Website Access
    • Deep Magazine PDF

So the additional $30 for international Analog membership gets you a bootleg code (that I very rarely use), a hard copy of DEEP (that they are way behind on sending out), and a coupon code (for a t-shirt that most people seem to hate)...

My membership isn't up until October or November, and I will still probably forget to change it then!
    You can actually change it right now.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Limited Edition Hard Copy of Deep Magazine
    🤣🤣🤣😵⚰️
  • prlprl Posts: 124
    rockpants said:
    Limited Edition Hard Copy of Deep Magazine
    🤣🤣🤣😵⚰️
    So this means the magazine is no longer annual? It comes out when it comes out?

It's unreal that they make such a change without even warning the club members.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    a5pj said:
    globalman said:
    On the https://pearljam.com/ten-club it says Analog includes  "A new limited edition membership item." I would think this replaces the 7 inch vinyl?
    Pretty sure that's the shirt, or they did the option of luggage tags once.

In 2012, 2013 and 2014 the analog item was a small poster  
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

This discussion has been closed.