2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Islanders are for realzzzz
    You an Islanders fan?  I loved the 80's Islanders.  Mike Bossy, Brian Trottier, Clarke Gillies, Denis Potvin (he could sure deliver a great hip check), just a great team then...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    You an Islanders fan?  I loved the 80's Islanders.  Mike Bossy, Brian Trottier, Clarke Gillies, Denis Potvin (he could sure deliver a great hip check), just a great team then...
    Hell yes I attended lots of games back then fantastic years here on the island 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    booooo all star weekend..
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Agree.  Even though the Kings suck eggs and the Flyers suck almost as badly I still am going to go Jones for hockey.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Agree.  Even though the Kings suck eggs and the Flyers suck almost as badly I still am going to go Jones for hockey.

nothing a few shots of vodka couldn't fix... ha  Yeah, Im gonna hate not setting my line ups in my hockey pools...not to mention my daily proline bet.  oh well, guess I will have to entertain the NBA odds over the weekend. 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    I hope the Islanders win the cup ... how sweet for Isle fans to win it a year after Taverras bolts...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I hope the Islanders win the cup ... how sweet for Isle fans to win it a year after Taverras bolts...lol
    POTVIN SUCKS!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Félix Potvin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Félix_Potvin

Felix had a decent career...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Nami said:

nothing a few shots of vodka couldn't fix... ha  Yeah, Im gonna hate not setting my line ups in my hockey pools...not to mention my daily proline bet.  oh well, guess I will have to entertain the NBA odds over the weekend. 
    Hardly a thing can stand up in front of some good vodka!

Give Peas A Chance…
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Nami said:

Hardly a thing can stand up in front of some good vodka!
    am I the only one who thinks it's dumb for the NHL to go to the All-Star break on a weekend the NFL is not playing?  they should be showcasing their best teams this weekend not a stupid made for TV event.  
    Tough to argue that

im lost here no hockey lol.  i watched a bit f the skills competition, a bit fun but no substitute. agree too... Saturday night hockey man!  best day of the week.

Repeat in 2019...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Hawks trying to make a wild card push?!  7 in a row. Toews & Kane each with a goal yesterday.  Since joining the team, the Blackhawks are 80-6-5 when The Captain & Showtime find the net in the same game.  Add the playoffs and they're 86-6-5.
    Can't think of a more deserving guy... :i_dunno:
    Unlike those pussies in the NBA, he's a Canadian hockey player, he is tough...and will tough it out.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Can't think of a more deserving guy... :i_dunno:
    Was thinking the same thing.
    I hope someone hammers James Neal
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    100 points for the Lightning already.  They better not choke it up this year. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    Go Bolts! 

Did anybody see that mic’d up four-year-old? Too cute. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    I hate seeing my Rangers lose. But if we are we better get that #1. I don't remember when ever had a #1 pick. Most likely won't get it though
    I miss igotid88
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Go Bolts! 

Did anybody see that mic’d up four-year-old? Too cute. 
    Was it at the Kings game last night?
    Kings is Lose for Hughes mode.  They suck so badly.  

edited March 2019

He may be the best pure goal score since Mike Bossy?
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…

How do you make that argument when Gretzky has much better goal numbers than both.  Even Lemieux has better numbers.  And none of those guys are Putin stooges. 
    mrussel1 said:

How do you make that argument when Gretzky has much better goal numbers than both.  Even Lemieux has better numbers.  And none of those guys are Putin stooges. 
    Mike Bossy had 573 career goals, if his career did not crash due to injuries he would have surpassed 750 goals.  Ovi has 658 career goals and shows no sign of letting up...5 more years averaging 40 goals he surpasses Gretzky.  

If if you had noticed, I said pure goal scorer.  No one is calling Wayne Gretzky a pure goaler ... and Gretzky would tell you In a heart beat that Ovechkin May very well be the greatest pure goal scorer ever...

i could care care a less about your feud with Putin.  You 2 need a room.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:

Mike Bossy had 573 career goals, if his career did not crash due to injuries he would have surpassed 750 goals.  Ovi has 658 career goals and shows no sign of letting up...5 more years averaging 40 goals he surpasses Gretzky.  

If if you had noticed, I said pure goal scorer.  No one is calling Wayne Gretzky a pure goaler ... and Gretzky would tell you In a heart beat that Ovechkin May very well be the greatest pure goal scorer ever...

i could care care a less about your feud with Putin.  You 2 need a room.
    1. Agree on Bossy with his numbers, and only 10 years or whatever, but you can't discount health or assume someone can continue a pace.
    2. Your math would leave Ovi short by about a season, excluding playoffs (where the gap widens).  But I think it's a stretch to think he can keep up the same production in the twilight of his career.  We shall see.
    3. I don't know what 'pure scorer' means.. if it means that he doesn't have comparable assists to Mario, Jagr or Wayne, then sure I'm with you there.  If it means he doesn't like to play defense, absolutely agree. To me, the stats are the stats.  Until he passes Wayne (or Jagr, or even Hull), I don't know how you call him the best scorer.  
    4. Why would I want to get a room with Putin, I hate the guy.  C'mon man, I have standards!