2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    MayDay10 said:
    Sabres at 10 in a row.  

Been a long bunch of years.  This is terrific.  The Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart/Pominville line is lethal
    Read the ESPN article this AM on 'Worst to First' Sabres and thought of you and other long-suffering Sabres fans.
    Good for you all.  Deserve some good play after this rotten stretch
    Thanks.  Its great that the arena is lively again.  It has been a crypt in recent years, which is strange because the seats have been filled.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Sabres at 10 in a row.  

Been a long bunch of years.  This is terrific.  The Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart/Pominville line is lethal
    Read the ESPN article this AM on 'Worst to First' Sabres and thought of you and other long-suffering Sabres fans.
    Thanks.  Its great that the arena is lively again.  It has been a crypt in recent years, which is strange because the seats have been filled.
    I have not been paying attention.  Buffalo is leading the conference, Dahlin's stats are good.  Is he impressive?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Leading the league! (im not betting it lasts, but they are banking points for playoff qualification).

Dahlin is looking anazing right now.  Every game he looks better and better and he may have played his best game last night.  Its hard to believe he is 18 and wont be 19 until April 2019.

Here is him in overtime defending on Karlsson, another Swedish D-man he was in awe of/star struck in their previous meeting

then on the other end of the ice, right after, here he is, setting up the winning goal, while making a behind the back pass to himself on the way

And this goal by Ristolainen last night....  it was basically right in front of our seats.

MayDay10 said:
    And this goal by Ristolainen last night....  it was basically right in front of our seats.

He looks good.  It's good to see the Sabres find some winning ways.  Make it more interesting when long-suffering teams start to put it together...Toronto as well.  Should make the leafs rivalry better...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Yeah, I like it.  Especially when its a hockey market, like Winnipeg and Calgary too.  I always root for Edmonton as well.  Might be a changing of the guard from Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Los Angeles... and soon Washington.  

I still think the Sabres are 1.75 seasons away from their 'contention window'.  

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Sabres at 10 in a row.  

That's awesome.  We checked out a game there earlier this month against the Senators when we were in town for the Bears-Bills game.  It was a good time...that place has to be rocking lately

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Seattle hockey in 2021.  Arizona moving to the Central.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I've been waiting for decades! I cursed the old Sonics owner (and the team) when he renovated the Key Arena to be basketball only in the late 80's. The NHL wanted to be in Seattle then, and would have awarded us a franchise if we'd had a venue. Well, we're about to have a world class venue, and we exceeded all expectations for season ticket deposits, so bring it on. Bummer that it won't be 2020, but that gives us plenty of time to get the new arena done, build the organization, do some scouting and build a roster. Now for a name. I just hope it isn't something like the Sockeyes.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited December 2018
    jeffbr said:
    I've been waiting for decades! I cursed the old Sonics owner (and the team) when he renovated the Key Arena to be basketball only in the late 80's. The NHL wanted to be in Seattle then, and would have awarded us a franchise if we'd had a venue. Well, we're about to have a world class venue, and we exceeded all expectations for season ticket deposits, so bring it on. Bummer that it won't be 2020, but that gives us plenty of time to get the new arena done, build the organization, do some scouting and build a roster. Now for a name. I just hope it isn't something like the Sockeyes.
    Seattle Six Strings

THE TRIPLE S 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:
    Seattle Six Strings

THE TRIPLE S 
    :lol: seems better than some of the suggestions that are floating around the city. I'd prefer we embrace our legacy and be the Seattle Metropolitans. We're already engraved on the Stanley Cup. First American team on it. We can do it again 105 years later. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08

Pretty cool.  Sucks for Arizona...they're getting hosed being pushed to the central.  So much more travel for them now.
    I suspect they might be Houston-bound anyway
    MayDay10 said:
    I suspect they might be Houston-bound anyway

Yeah good point.  The chances of them still being in Arizona then are pretty slim.  Is Houston really the top contender for them?
    edited December 2018
    fuck that. give eastern canada a team. or saskatchewan. you'd never see an empty seat in saskatchewan.

"no gaps in the seats, just in our teeth!"

The Saskatoon Pantaloons
    The Regina Manginas
    The Labrador Troubadours
    The Atlantic Titanix ("x" for awesomeness)
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I really thought Moosejaw had a shot.  You haven't lived until you've been to Moosejaw.  Oh well, NHL's loss.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    had a band trip there once as a teen. it was....uneventful.....save for the "hand in the warm water" trick we pulled on one of our hotel mates. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

the problem is, Saskatchewan does nothing for the television footprint, and neither does Quebec City, and most of those people are already NHL consumers as it is.  Houston is the 4th largest city in the US with many potential eyes to chase. 
    Although, I suspect Quebec City might someday get the Panthers (or maybe even the Senators, lol).  The problem is, the NHL wants a more wealthy owner.
    Phoenix is the eastern most city of all the Pacific division teams. I thought maybe Edmonton was the easternmost, but ya know, the earth is round, not flat like a map.  But I too figure they won't stay in Phoenix too much longer.
    Phoenix 112*04' W
    Edmonton 113*30' W
    Calgary 114*04' W
    Phoenix is the eastern most city of all the Pacific division teams. I thought maybe Edmonton was the easternmost, but ya know, the earth is round, not flat like a map.  But I too figure they won't stay in Phoenix too much longer.
    Phoenix 112*04' W
    Edmonton 113*30' W
    Calgary 114*04' W
    Yes, but you would figure that any chance Arizona would have, would be helped by fostering rivalry with driving distance teams like Vegas, LA, and Anaheim.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    My Jackets cants hold a lead to save their asses. Up 2-0 on NYI, loss. Up 4-1 on Calgary, loss. Tonight up 3-1 on Philly, now tied at 3. Sanheim scored the last two Philly goals which are his first 2 of the season. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Man the Wings are surprising me with each game- no way did I expect the turnaround.  I loved last nights game...and of course had to point it out to my Bro inlaw (Major Leaf fan).... They, like the Jackets KC, have been blowing their leads as well.   It drives me nuts too.

I hope Mickey Redmond didn't jinx them with all the playoff talk lol

I'm stoked, the wife got me a Frk#42 DRW t-shirt for Xmas... man that guys got a wicked shot and needs to be played more.   With all the injuries I hope he gets more ice time.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Every Blackhawks game should just start at the 10 minute mark of the 1st with the score 2-0 other team.  I mean, that IS how every Blackhawks game starts, so just cut the first 10 minutes off the clock and go from there.
  • I was at the Carolina Whalers game last night versus Boston.  Part of me thinks it's rather fucked up for Carolina to cash in on the Whalers, but gotta admit I felt like a little kid seeing those green jerseys.  And I couldn't stop quoting Mallrats, either.  "Hartford, the Whale?!"
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    No hockey today.  :(

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I was at the Carolina Whalers game last night versus Boston.  Part of me thinks it's rather fucked up for Carolina to cash in on the Whalers, but gotta admit I felt like a little kid seeing those green jerseys.  And I couldn't stop quoting Mallrats, either.  "Hartford, the Whale?!"
    Too bad they weren't playing Vancouver!  "It's only the 2nd period and I'm up 12-2!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    No hockey again today.  I know they are just people with families and enjoy the holidays as well -- but these were 3 prime days of viewing!  The NBA ran all day yesterday....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I like that the NHL is like fuck it, everyone go home and enjoy Christmas!  It's like Chik-Fil-A being closed on Sundays.
    I like that the NHL is like fuck it, everyone go home and enjoy Christmas!  It's like Chik-Fil-A being closed on Sundays.

I like it.  And honestly it would be dumb for the NHL to try to go up against the NBA and NFL around Xmas time...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Islanders are for realzzzz
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....