Chris Cornell Tribute Concert

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Chadplam said: Tom Morello, Brad Wilk, Robert Trujillo, Dave Grohl - Show Me How To Live
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVOCzumBXhA
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • lowenanlowenan Posts: 79
    lowenan said:
    Strange about Metallica. 
    Why is that strange? They toured together in 96, and Hammett was a big Soundgarden fan from the beginning.
    I was thinking about the songs they played, and what they commented on stage. 
  • lowenan said:
    lowenan said:
    Strange about Metallica. 
    Why is that strange? They toured together in 96, and Hammett was a big Soundgarden fan from the beginning.
    What did they comment?

Weird of any bands to play their own songs.. if the songs do not in some way can be linked to Chris.

What has Master of Puppets to do with anything...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • prlprl Posts: 124
    edited January 2019
    lowenan said:
    lowenan said:
    Strange about Metallica. 
    What did they comment?

Weird of any bands to play their own songs.. if the songs do not in some way can be linked to Chris.

"Master of Puppets" is about drug addiction and "For Whom the Bell Tolls" has that line "take a look to the sky just before you die... it's the last time you will". I think that's what @lowenan meant by a weird choice of songs to play. Didn't hear anything wrong with their comments though.
    Post edited by prl on
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    lowenan said:
    lowenan said:
    Strange about Metallica. 
    What did they comment?

totally agree, felt the same about the Melvin's opening, I got really concerned for the fans there that it was gonna be like a mini show for everyone playing with like one Chris song. But Metallica commented about how their first album was better I think it was supposed to be tongue in cheek about how you hear that about their music, "I think we liked the first album, nothing bad about the others but the first was really good", then they went into Head Injury at the wrong tempo, which seemed like a tasteless pick IMO
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • No Eddie Vedder on the setlist?.
    Wonder if it is becouse he could not make it through or if he is against this hole thing from happening... 
    What did the Romans ever do for us?
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/heres-the-full-set-list-from-last-nights-i-am-the-highway-chris-cornell-tribute-concert/?fbclid=IwAR0BDOuVpL2ZNupExd4nQ2uQGhSFhZE2oep42AnKCbB8aYgM2R7LjmhDdtc

According to this I'm a little off with who plays what but I swear Melvins only did 3 tunes... nonetheless this is super thorough so enjoy 
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Nice. Sad. Hope it helped ccs friends family and fans deal. Hope anyone who needs help gets it. 
  • alexross42alexross42 Posts: 352
    edited January 2019
    'Miley Cyrus' and 'Say Hello 2 Heaven' are two things I never thought I'd see together in the same sentence. Wonder how it came about?
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • lowenanlowenan Posts: 79
    prl said:
    lowenan said:
    lowenan said:
    Strange about Metallica. 
    What did they comment?

"Master of Puppets" is about drug addiction and "For Whom the Bell Tolls" has that line "take a look to the sky just before you die... it's the last time you will". I think that's what @lowenan meant by a weird choice of songs to play. Didn't hear anything wrong with their comments though.
    "I think we liked the very very first album."
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    'Miley Cyrus' and 'Say Hello 2 Heaven' are two things I never thought I'd see together in the same sentence. Wonder how it came about?
    She sounded fantastic. Easily one of my highlights. Brandi Carlisle also sounded great all night. Pretty hard to beat Dave fronting Audioslave though. Hot damn. Managed to make my 12:59 flight. What a day
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • nosajh9nosajh9 Akron, Ohio Posts: 121
    audio bootleg?
    9/22/96 Toledo, OH. 8/26/98 Cuyahoga Falls, OH. 8/21/00 Columbus, OH. 8/25/03 Cleveland, OH. 8/26/03 Pittsburgh, PA. 10/03/04 Grand Rapids, MI. 5/20/06 Cleveland, OH. 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, PA. 6/22/08 Washington, DC. 5/06/10 Columbus, OH. 5/09/10 Cleveland, OH. 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA.
    nosajh9 said:
    audio bootleg?

I taped. Will upload this evening most likely 
  • Miley Cyrus is fucking cool. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • nosajh9 said:
    audio bootleg?

You little rascal
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    nosajh9 said:
    audio bootleg?

You've won this day, my friend.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 'Miley Cyrus' and 'Say Hello 2 Heaven' are two things I never thought I'd see together in the same sentence. Wonder how it came about?
    She sounded fantastic. Easily one of my highlights. Brandi Carlisle also sounded great all night. Pretty hard to beat Dave fronting Audioslave though. Hot damn. Managed to make my 12:59 flight. What a day
    My guess is Miley Cyrus (and some of the others who, I'll be honest, I've never heard of) were chosen by Chris' children. I think that's really fucking cool if so.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Pretty sure that Kimmel introduced Temple of the Dog at the wrong time. Stone came out and said they were going to play some CC solo songs first. TOTD didn’t start until All Night Thing. 

Stone mentioned Ed and Mike as ‘blood brothers’ when he listed people who couldn’t make it. Tim C was missing too.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    I haven't read the whole thread but where was Mike?
  • Yeah really surprised no mike. Reach down wasn't the same without his epic solo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    damnit man, that everlong.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    The whole show was professionally recorded.  There was a sign that the recording would be used for an upcoming documentary, therefore being in the arena was agreement to being in the documentary.  I would think there would be an official audio release as well.  
  • Who took Mikes spot?
    Who took Mikes spot?
    Alain Johannes played the solo on Reach Down
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Who took Mikes spot?
    Alain Johannes
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    No Eddie Vedder on the setlist?.
    Wonder if it is becouse he could not make it through or if he is against this hole thing from happening... 
    Stop asking, no one knows.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I still think they should have had Ian Thornley do a couple songs with Alain. But the show, from what I could stay awake for, was amazing. Metallica playing their own shit was stupid. Dave playing Everlong, however, was a nice tribute. 

The Melvins are just bloody awful. 

I'm a fan of Juliette Lewis but, at least on my feed, she sounded horrible. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2019
    kramer73 said:
    No Eddie Vedder on the setlist?.
    Stop asking, no one knows.  
    Stop with the rude thread policing.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I still think they should have had Ian Thornley do a couple songs with Alain. But the show, from what I could stay awake for, was amazing. Metallica playing their own shit was stupid. Dave playing Everlong, however, was a nice tribute. 

I thought Metallica playing two SG songs and two of their own was pretty good.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:

I thought Metallica playing two SG songs and two of their own was pretty good.  
    I guess I just see it as a tribute show. you play his songs or songs that fit in a tribute, like everlong did. thrash metal doesn't fit that description, in my opinion. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.