The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    The Yankees are going to be really good.  They could very well win the World Series. At the same rate, they could very well lose in the wildcard game.

That said, this team had a chance to become Golden State this off-season and passed.  Hal is a joke.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    I don't know really anything about this dude, but a Coors Field hitter?

He’s good, cliffy. He’ll make you forget that other DJ.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    The Yankees are going to be really good.  They could very well win the World Series. At the same rate, they could very well lose in the wildcard game.

That said, this team had a chance to become Golden State this off-season and passed.  Hal is a joke.

I can't believe this.  For sure expected Machado to sign with the Yankees.  The fact that it sounds like he was dying to sign with them and it didn't happen is crazy.  Maybe the white sox do actually have a shot with him.

I can't believe this.  For sure expected Machado to sign with the Yankees.  The fact that it sounds like he was dying to sign with them and it didn't happen is crazy.  Maybe the white sox do actually have a shot with him.
    I am kinda shocked now that it is official.  It's honestly a disgrace. A 100 win team just watched their rival stomp their way to the world series and there are perfect upgrades out there.  Granted, what they are trying to upgrade is still really really good, but it's just unacceptable.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Is CarGo next for the Yankees/Coors Field East?

JK, I like the signing
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    They could very well win the World Series.

Hal is a joke.
    No to point 1 (Not with the rotation as it stands currently)
    Big yes to point 2. What a difference from dad to the sons. Dad liked to win, sons like to make money.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    They could very well win the World Series.

Hal is a joke.
    No to point 1 (Not with the rotation as it stands currently)
    Big yes to point 2. What a difference from dad to the sons. Dad liked to win, sons like to make money.
    If they stay healthy, I am fine with this rotation. They don't have a Verlander or a Sale as it stands, but they have a number of very good pitchers.  Hopefully Severino can step up.  Obviously have a stacked bullpen too
    edited January 2019

JK, I like the signing
    The middle infield of the amazing 2015 Rockies.  God damn right, Hal!

Granted neither of them will likely be starters come June, but you know.

JK, I like the signing

$12 Mil/yr for a utility infielder but won't go after Machado...that's some good financing there.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Poncier said:

JK, I like the signing

$12 Mil/yr for a utility infielder but won't go after Machado...that's some good financing there.
    a lot of teams are giving 1-2 year deals. Some sign for 1 year $20+ million. They don't want to give out 10 years
    I miss igotid88
    Poncier said:

JK, I like the signing

It was a joke
    Poncier said:

JK, I like the signing

It was a joke
    As was the reply.
    I went from whatever to furious in a hurry.  Such a joke.
    Severino going to an arbitration hearing.  What a cheap franchise.

Turning into the Mets.  Granted 100 win Mets, but still...
    haha, Yankees taking Severino to a hearing over a million bucks or so.

I can't take credit, saw one of the beat writers post it on Twitter, but...

Fully functional dollar store.
    THIS!!!

1. There are two ways to look at the LeMahieu signing. One is what he’ll provide on the field and what it means for the roster. We’ll get to that in a bit. The other is what it says about the Yankees, or, rather, what it reinforces about the Yankees, and that is they are willing to spend, but only to a certain point. That has been made crystal clear. They passed on Patrick Corbin to sign the cheaper (and not as good) J.A. Happ, and, barring a total surprise, they will pass on Manny Machado to sign the cheaper (and not as good) LeMahieu. That is disappointing at best and infuriating at worst. Machado (or Bryce Harper) would make the Yankees demonstrably better and don’t even waste your time trying to convince me otherwise. (People have tried all winter and nothing has been remotely close to compelling.) The Yankees did everything they needed to do leading up to this offseason. They developed a cheap homegrown core and they reset the luxury tax rate. Now they’re passing on two 26-year-old mega-talents for financial reasons. Even though the Yankees never came out and said they planned to spend big after resetting the luxury tax rate — that was an assumption made by fans and the media — I couldn’t blame fans for feeling conned right now. Ticket prices keep rising and I think many fans assumed getting under the luxury tax threshold was a good faith plan to put the Yankees in better position to spend big on stars. Instead, DJ LeMahieu. Maybe the Yankees will sign Machado or Harper. It’s possible as long as they remain free agents. Chances are they won’t though. Actions peak louder than words, and with their moves this offseason, the Yankees have told everyone they want to be good, but are unwilling to pay the price to acquire the best free agents, even when they are prime-aged generational talents. It is unfathomable to me a team in the Yankees’ position (or the Cubs’ position or the Dodgers’ position, for that matter) would pass on 26-year-old Machado and Harper.

http://riveraveblues.com/2019/01/thoughts-yankees-agree-sign-dj-lemahieu-182839/

Aw man. Mel stottlemyre’s gone. 
    R.I.P. Mel Stottlemyre
    I miss igotid88
    Disgrace the market is where it is for machado and the Yankees aren’t mildly involved 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Disgrace the market is where it is for machado and the Yankees aren’t mildly involved 
    is it possible they just think he is a dog and don't want to give untold millions to a dog? as a Phils fan i am very wary of giving Machado that kind of deal.  i think some team is going to regret paying him in the long term.
    pjhawks said:
    is it possible they just think he is a dog and don't want to give untold millions to a dog? as a Phils fan i am very wary of giving Machado that kind of deal.  i think some team is going to regret paying him in the long term.
    Very possible, but then they shouldn’t have had him in in the first place. I get that line of thinking and I do think he will greatly annoy/piss off whatever team he signs with on occasion. He’s just good 
    I repeat, Hal is a disgrace. The top offer is 7/175 haha

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I don't even dislike the Yankees but this is pretty funny.

you want disgrace? my giants apparently have the second highest payroll in baseball and they suck mightily (and nightily)

cueto, smardzija, longoria, melancon....every one a waste.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

you want disgrace? my giants apparently have the second highest payroll in baseball and they suck mightily (and nightily)

haha well yeah, that is not what you want.  We can't all have nice things
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Wobbie said:

You won 3 World Series in the first half of the decade. Stop whining!
    Wobbie said:

You won 3 World Series in the first half of the decade. Stop whining!

and none of those fuckers had anything to do with it. :angry:

cliffy has a front office who he says won’t spend. Giants have a front office that spends stupidly. Giants WS teams had only one “dumb” contract....Zito, and he won an NLCS elimination game and then beat Verlander.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Yankees need to beat $25 million a year. That's the White Sox offer

I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    Yankees need to beat $25 million a year. That's the White Sox offer

He's not winning a title in Chicago if he goes...