• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Definitely time for another Maine show.
    Those are awesome!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Add The Who to the growing list of bands announcing 2019 tour plans 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Ohana 9/27-9/29.
    Good call!
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    JimmyV said:
    Those are awesome!
    Indeed! I hope on their next tour they do play Maine and make their way up on the East Coast of Canada. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Down. I am very down with this.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 253

Wow, agreed. Great shirt.  I'm ALL IN for a show back in my home state.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

Wow a band that retired 107 years ago is more active than PJ!
  • Add The Who to the growing list of bands announcing 2019 tour plans 

The Who should have called it a day when John Entwistle died.  Saw them about 2 years ago on their last tour and it was just painful to watch one of the greatest bands ever be reduced to a fraction of themselves.  There is absolutely no shame in calling it a day and leaving at the top.  No need to ruin your legacy.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    SS151546 said:

The Who should have called it a day when John Entwistle died.  Saw them about 2 years ago on their last tour and it was just painful to watch one of the greatest bands ever be reduced to a fraction of themselves.  There is absolutely no shame in calling it a day and leaving at the top.  No need to ruin your legacy.
    Nah. If they can still do it and still want to and people show up, what fool would stop?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • jimfishjimfish Detroit Posts: 51
    Let just let them take their time putting together a string of “in the round” arena shows.  Think about the options for that!   Metallica really did a great job with it.  And... 6 X as many slots on the rail!    PJ loves to experiment - let’s hear it for an In the Round show!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    my english arent good,but im not stupid to not understand when someone tries to twist my words..
    ive been asked if im  travelling to canada this year,when i said i know for sure im travveling..and said nope cos obviously i know im going to other destination...if i have to guess when ill know where and when??hmmm..maybe ..next month..
     ill know that answer 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    So we are going to find out the tour on Monday and then it will take you three weeks to figure out what shows you are going to?    Your riddles are getting easier to figure out. ha.
    So we are going to find out the tour on Monday and then it will take you three weeks to figure out what shows you are going to?    Your riddles are getting easier to figure out. ha.
    seems u have some inside info about monday,i dont..!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I don't know a damn thing about anything!
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    my english arent good,but im not stupid to not understand when someone tries to twist my words..
    ive been asked if im  travelling to canada this year,when i said i know for sure im travveling..and said nope cos obviously i know im going to other destination...if i have to guess when ill know where and when??hmmm..maybe ..next month..
     ill know that answer 
    Perfect,  I will start looking for air B&B’s in Cincinnati, Columbus, Pittsburgh and Detroit for this spring.................😁
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    Ohana 9/27-9/29.
    Good call!
    Important Info: The Ohana Fest in April is a yoga festival in Virginia. Do NOT be confused. Or go to that one too.
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Most of us know you have no idea about anything, stop pretending bro.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    pulling69 said:
    Who invited the good news bear?  Most of us just enjoy the ride. 
    pulling69 said:
    What i know for sure is that most of u dont have any idea who i am and what i know. and the most important thing is i dont care about it..at all.
    the most funny part of all is that im alot of years around here and nothing can buly me or any kind of assult or insolts can affect me,,im the master of ignore people whi means nothing to me.

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    pulling69 said:
    What i know for sure is that most of u dont have any idea who i am and what i know. and the most important thing is i dont care about it..at all.
    the most funny part of all is that im alot of years around here and nothing can buly me or any kind of assult or insolts can affect me,,im the master of ignore people whi means nothing to me.

Just ingore it DImi, we the crazy count on your Ghostly insights.  Keep on Rockin.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited January 2019
    Based on what Dimi has said, plus using some logic, it looks like:

- EV Summer Europe
    - Possible announcement in February or March for some late Summer/Early Fall shows, maybe USA?
    - Watkins Glen in August
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Based on what Dimi has said, plus using some logic, it looks like:

- EV Summer Europe
    - Possible announcement in February or March for some late Summer/Early Fall shows, maybe USA?
    - Watkins Glen in August
    No, EV would not be Euro.
  • RenaeRenae Perth, WA Posts: 38
    Australia will only happen this year if there’s a new album to spin! 

I was just thinking this the other day and agree.  
    Lets hope, whenever they return, they have a better experience than the previous tour thanks to the fuckwit manager who agreed to tour in the ridiculously shithouse BDO.  I am still dark on that one. It was a disgrace to the band!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Renae said:
    Australia will only happen this year if there’s a new album to spin! 

I was just thinking this the other day and agree.  
    Lets hope, whenever they return, they have a better experience than the previous tour thanks to the fuckwit manager who agreed to tour in the ridiculously shithouse BDO.  I am still dark on that one. It was a disgrace to the band!
    Why was bdo such a disgrace?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RenaeRenae Perth, WA Posts: 38
    mcgruff10 said:

Just to be clear the band wasn't a disgrace the music festival was (big day out) and has since been cancelled, for the 3rd time.

It was great upon its inception in 1992(ish) for a solid few years, which was probably a given considering the awesome music that was being created during this decade, but its been on struggle street ever since.  People just weren't going, for a long time, for whatever reasons.  In turn it made for pretty poor attendance which was super disappointing and not how our country has welcomed the band in the past, being the usual sell outs.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Renae said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Just to be clear the band wasn't a disgrace the music festival was (big day out) and has since been cancelled, for the 3rd time.

It was great upon its inception in 1992(ish) for a solid few years, which was probably a given considering the awesome music that was being created during this decade, but its been on struggle street ever since.  People just weren't going, for a long time, for whatever reasons.  In turn it made for pretty poor attendance which was super disappointing and not how our country has welcomed the band in the past, being the usual sell outs.

Thanks for the explanation!  So the attendance for the 2014 bdo was pretty bad?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited January 2019
    All I know is that the info we got out of the ghost last year saved me a bunch of money on my hotel.  If you don’t think he’s legit, don’t listen
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    pulling69 said:
    Was this comment really necessary? He’s actually been spot on about several tours in the past. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    pulling is a troll.  A jealous one.