2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    I'm really really hoping for a Pearl Jam 2019 show in Maine. Followed with an Atlantic Canadian Tour.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    demetrios said:
    I'm really really hoping for a Pearl Jam 2019 show in Maine. Followed with an Atlantic Canadian Tour.  
    Co-signed

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Before he ghosted us, Dimi said there would not be a Canadian tour this year.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    Lots of warranted negative thoughts around here lately. I have a hunch that a lot of us will be very satisfied within the next month with a new album announcement and a more proper tour of North America come July and August. Bring on some positivity! In the meantime, let’s spin the black circle.
    +1
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,905
    Any rumours of a PJ show in Madison Square Garden?

Wife and I were thinking of going to New York this year for the 1st time (coming from Portugal) and all of a sudden she says : "why dont we delay the trip and go when PJ plays MSG? In that case we can see them and enjoy NYC".

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    JimmyV said:
    demetrios said:
    Co-signed
    I will join your missions both.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• fl247556fl247556 Posts: 265

"Any rumours of a PJ show in Madison Square Garden?
    Wife and I were thinking of going to New York this year for the 1st time (coming from Portugal) and all of a sudden she says : "why dont we delay the trip and go when PJ plays MSG? In that case we can see them and enjoy NYC"."

the same for me (from France)! NY will be really better with PJ !!!

freddie vedder
  • colorado, california, vegas... are on my hit list. bring it PJ. keep the hippies happy
  • bbiggs said:
    chiefnjk said:
    chiefnjk said:
    stanudes said:
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.
    Most depressing post of the day. They can only redeem themselves if they play Comerica 
    I don't have any info, I would just be shocked if they didn't play at least Wrigley (and Fenway) again either this year or next.
    If this happens I might actually take a pass, even though it’s close to home. I’d have to see when the time comes. I’ve had nothing but great times at Wrigley (and Fenway) but hoping to switch it up a bit. 
    Hahahahaha.....I call bullshit! Your ass will be there and you know it! I know it. We all know it. This time you're bringing a baseball mitt to try to catch a baseball.
    “Fuck that, bring a bat! You see a foul ball coming, hit it back to them.”
    6:10... :lol:
    https://youtu.be/I4C6E89lagg

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    colorado, california, vegas... are on my hit list. bring it PJ. keep the hippies happy
    Exactly this. Throw in AZ and the list is complete. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    just_one said:
    Any rumours of a PJ show in Madison Square Garden?

Wife and I were thinking of going to New York this year for the 1st time (coming from Portugal) and all of a sudden she says : "why dont we delay the trip and go when PJ plays MSG? In that case we can see them and enjoy NYC".

Ironically, NYers, with 60 million people within a 4 hour drive of here, are hoping they also play Hartford, Albany, Philly in addition to Phish style 13 MSG shows

Because those 7% MSG odds are better than 0 :)

(i.e. getting NYC PJ tickets is kinda like matching six numbers in the lotto or taking out a reverse equity mortgage)
    edited January 2019
    chiefnjk said:
    chiefnjk said:
    stanudes said:
    The Baltimore Orioles announced today that Billy Joel will be playing the first ever concert at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 
    New company started called Orioles Entertainment in a partnership with Live Nation.
    Here’s hoping and pitching that one day Pearl Jam will hopefully play in that ballpark. It’s beautiful and I’m sure the huge warehouse will be amazing for acoustics. 
    More PJ baseball stadium shows are likely, whether it's this year or next.
    Most depressing post of the day. They can only redeem themselves if they play Comerica 
    I don't have any info, I would just be shocked if they didn't play at least Wrigley (and Fenway) again either this year or next.

Pretty pretty please no more 10C obstructed view 176 year old stadiums. Its getting very old, in more ways than one.

Or if yall must,  have the tech to let fans know at time of purchase its obstructed view like mlb.com does. Or charge less for 10C obstructed view.

Pretty please.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    2019 just started and someone here already "officially" confirmed there is no Canadian show for all of 2019? That's pretty damn lame & stupid. 
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    demetrios said:
    2019 just started and someone here already "officially" confirmed there is no Canadian show for all of 2019? That's pretty damn lame & stupid. 

I invoke my right to refuse!
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Jbarker said:
    demetrios said:

I would love to see them do a coast to coast of Canada again.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

edited January 2019
    PB11041 said:
    Jbarker said:
    demetrios said:

I would love to see them do a coast to coast of Canada again.I

Its no mystery that the economics for a band to tour across Canadian major cities has a negative appeal, but with the CAD/USD ratio right now I think it would be foolish to not take advantage. 2005, 2011, bring on 2019

Post edited by Jbarker on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    demetrios said:
    well he's not usually wrong. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• demetrios said:
    I think it's been confirmed there's nothing booked at the moment that doesn't mean there can't be later 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    demetrios said:
    I think it's been confirmed there's nothing booked at the moment that doesn't mean there can't be later 
    Just means Dimi is not coming to Canada when PJ does come this fall. That's how I am taking it anyway!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I view Canada just like I do the U.S.  Most people in the U.S. have to fly/drive to see a concert, so what is the difference between someone from Atlanta flying to Philadelphia for a show, or someone from Winnipeg flying to Chicago for a show?    I guess we all want a hometown show, but I just see the US and Canada as one big country for PJ.  Now the specific cities matter to me in my wishlist. 
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Just for fun, guessing 2019 shapes up something like this:
    EV plays Innings Fest (Arizona) in March 2019.
    EV solo tour in Europe, May-June (10 shows).
    PJ limited run of US fests/stadiums (NY/Philly/Boston/Chi), August-September (7 shows).
    EV Ohana Fest September 2019.
    New PJ album October 2019.
    PJ U.S. West coast arena tour November-December (12 shows).
    I view Canada just like I do the U.S.  Most people in the U.S. have to fly/drive to see a concert, so what is the difference between someone from Atlanta flying to Philadelphia for a show, or someone from Winnipeg flying to Chicago for a show?    I guess we all want a hometown show, but I just see the US and Canada as one big country for PJ.  Now the specific cities matter to me in my wishlist. 
    states are so much smaller than provinces and travel between major cities can be driven to in as little as 2-3 hours. the same can not be said about canada. now, I'm in the asshole of canada, so when they only hit the big 3 (Van, Tor, MTL), I would have to fly. or hope they hit Minnie (which I've done). and it sucked in 2013 when they only played a couple warm up shows in southern ontario. that is the longest drive for the shortest straight line in the country. 

atlantic canada has it the worst. 

now, obviously, this doesn't work for those in the southern US, as they pretty much have to fly whenever PJ have a show, but both coasts have it pretty good when it comes to travel for shows. not to mention when they play toronto and montreal, it's easy for those in the northeastern states to also attend those shows, which makes it ever harder to get tix. 

I kick myself for not following them in 2005 (pre kids) and 2011 when I could have. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited January 2019
    states are so much smaller than provinces and travel between major cities can be driven to in as little as 2-3 hours. the same can not be said about canada. now, I'm in the asshole of canada, so when they only hit the big 3 (Van, Tor, MTL), I would have to fly. or hope they hit Minnie (which I've done). and it sucked in 2013 when they only played a couple warm up shows in southern ontario. that is the longest drive for the shortest straight line in the country. 

now, obviously, this doesn't work for those in the southern US, as they pretty much have to fly whenever PJ have a show, but both coasts have it pretty good when it comes to travel for shows. not to mention when they play toronto and montreal, it's easy for those in the northeastern states to also attend those shows, which makes it ever harder to get tix. 

I kick myself for not following them in 2005 (pre kids) and 2011 when I could have. 
    I understand how large Canada is. I put 4,000+  miles on my car during the 2011 tour driving from Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and then back to Chicago.   Never expected I would need an oil change in Edmonton and a windshield replacement in Calgary!

I think I went an hour not seeing another car when I was driving around 1am.   Just awesome to truly be in the middle of nowhere.  So relaxing.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on

I understand how large Canada is. I put 4,000+  miles on my car during the 2011 tour driving from Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and then back to Chicago.   Never expected I would need an oil change in Edmonton and a windshield replacement in Calgary!

I think I went an hour not seeing another car when I was driving around 1am.   Just awesome to truly be in the middle of nowhere.  So relaxing.
    you must have been in saskatchewan. every single canadian dreads that part of their westesrn journey. especially if driving with kids. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Further to my earlier point which was more directed at "the bands" fiscal plan for touring. Canada usually falls low on the priority list for tour stops because of the indicated travel distances. The cost benefit ratio is terrible when you think of the travel span in '05 for 16 shows between Vancouver and The Rock and prob worse yet in 2011 when they skipped some stops and zig-zagged southern Ont.

I just think with the currency exchange the way it is right now, 2019 would be a great year to include the "in-between" Canadian cities to the tour sched. and on the flip side - more stops means better ticket chances. yay for everyone.

Never expected I would need an oil change in Edmonton and a windshield replacement in Calgary!

next time that happens let me know... I know a guy ;)

Jbarker said:

Further to my earlier point which was more directed at "the bands" fiscal plan for touring. Canada usually falls low on the priority list for tour stops because of the indicated travel distances. The cost benefit ratio is terrible when you think of the travel span in '05 for 16 shows between Vancouver and The Rock and prob worse yet in 2011 when they skipped some stops and zig-zagged southern Ont.

I just think with the currency exchange the way it is right now, 2019 would be a great year to include the "in-between" Canadian cities to the tour sched. and on the flip side - more stops means better ticket chances. yay for everyone.

absolutely. this is so frustrating to me as some of my favourite canadian bands don't even tour here, or they just hit all the big spots in southern ontario and call that a "tour". it's more fiscally encouraging to fly to fucking europe than drive across this wasteland. as a music fan, it's very frustrating. 

a good friend of mine who is a musician, local to winnipeg. he almost never plays in canada unless he gets a good festival payday. the rest of the time he's in europe for 3 months at a time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Jbarker said:

absolutely. this is so frustrating to me as some of my favourite canadian bands don't even tour here, or they just hit all the big spots in southern ontario and call that a "tour". it's more fiscally encouraging to fly to fucking europe than drive across this wasteland. as a music fan, it's very frustrating. 

a good friend of mine who is a musician, local to winnipeg. he almost never plays in canada unless he gets a good festival payday. the rest of the time he's in europe for 3 months at a time. 

noticed that about Europe this year. the deals just to fly in and out of Europe and then to hear about the travel distances being unbelievable short. I could walk between tour stops after growing up in Canada.

• Comatose PilateComatose Pilate Maine Posts: 353
    Definitely time for another Maine show.
    1996: Augusta
    1998: Montreal, Mansfield I&II
    2000: Mansfield I&II, Montreal
    2003: Las Vegas, Toronto, Montreal, Mansfield I&III
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I&II
    2007: Lollapalooza
    2008: Bonnaroo, Camden I&II, Hartford, Mansfield I&II
    2009: Philadelphia III&IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, New York City II