2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Am I the only one who feels it’s pathetic that we have to turn into detectives to figure out they’re next move based on teasing from a fellow member? I guess some of you find it fun, which is cool. Maybe I’m getting old because it all seems pretty ridiculous. What’s the big secret? 
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    nicknyr15 said:
    Am I the only one who feels it’s pathetic that we have to turn into detectives to figure out they’re next move based on teasing from a fellow member? I guess some of you find it fun, which is cool. Maybe I’m getting old because it all seems pretty ridiculous. What’s the big secret? 
    Probably want to announce on their terms when they are ready. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I am glad we are getting some info no matter what it is.  I understand we won't find anything out on here until the band wants it announced.
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Matt Cameron just posted on his IG story a video of him playing the drums and it says “getting ready for the big show” .....
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Matt Cameron just posted on his IG story a video of him playing the drums and it says “getting ready for the big show” .....
    Cornell Tribute I would assume.
    Oh right

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
    Oh right
    Really hoping we get something in your area this year. Wanted to do a California trip forever now. 
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    PJNB said:
    Cornell Tribute I would assume.
    yup, saw him playing Drawing Flies a couple weeks ago and damn do I wish I could be there. About 2 months ago however it showed him actually recording in the studio
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
    edited January 2019
    looks like the new music thing may be true after all... maybe Matt was just doing some touch ups? Single could've been mastered months ago.https://www.facebook.com/groups/10cmembers/search/?query=Jesse vaughan&epa=FILTERS&filters=eyJycF9jaHJvbm9fc29ydCI6IntcIm5hbWVcIjpcImNocm9ub3NvcnRcIixcImFyZ3NcIjpcIlwifSJ9
    Post edited by Chadplam on
    PJNB said:
    Oh right
    Really hoping we get something in your area this year. Wanted to do a California trip forever now. 
    Me too!  Northern CA please!  

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Chadplam said:
    looks like the new music thing may be true after all... maybe Matt was just doing some touch ups? Single could've been mastered months ago.https://www.facebook.com/groups/10cmembers/search/?query=Jesse vaughan&epa=FILTERS&filters=eyJycF9jaHJvbm9fc29ydCI6IntcIm5hbWVcIjpcImNocm9ub3NvcnRcIixcImFyZ3NcIjpcIlwifSJ9
    well who is the dude claiming this?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• It wasn't announced on the radio.  Friend works for the station.  Woodstock (or whatever the festival is) is also trying hard to book them but nothing is confirmed.  They are after PJ, Neil Young, Phish and Foo Fighters.

Stickman24 said:
    I hope this is right.  I’m in the philly area and often listen to wmmr. I did not hear this myself but glad you guys/gals(?) are reporting it. 

Chadplam said:
    wmmr, Philly radio host. Im not from Philly but I've heard he's got connections with the band and that they were the first to play the MYM from lightning bolt, I don't know if any of that is true but just what the threads on facebook have been saying. apparently decently reputable but well see. 
    edited January 2019
    Chadplam said:
    Chadplam said:
    wmmr, Philly radio host. Im not from Philly but I've heard he's got connections with the band and that they were the first to play the MYM from lightning bolt, I don't know if any of that is true but just what the threads on facebook have been saying. apparently decently reputable but well see. 
    Full album in a couple of weeks? That would be crazy especially with no tour lined up in the next 6 months since there are zero rumours floating around. Unless these guys have found away to hide their plans and holds on arena's I call BS. 

Edit: 

Also for those thinking there will be an EV tour in Europe I guess it would be with out Glen as he is touring there in the Spring. It would be possible I guess for them to not tour together just odd they would do it in the same areas around the same time. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    The Greek has ghosted us for the time being. 

Come on buddy, whatcha got for us today?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Chadplam said:
    Chadplam said:

Well, yall celebrities now ;)

http://www.alternativenation.net/major-pearl-jam-new-album-rumor-leaks-is-a-release-imminent/
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
  • SenlickSenlick United States Posts: 80
    Any news to the potential show at Malahide Castle?  My son and I are playing an overseas vacation this year and hope to center the trip around it.

This is my first post on the board! Woot woot!
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Jason7192 said:
    That site is such trash. I've stopped giving it clicks/oxygen. 

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    Senlick said:
    Any news to the potential show at Malahide Castle?  My son and I are playing an overseas vacation this year and hope to center the trip around it.

No plans to play there this year. 
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Senlick said:

Welcome
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Senlick said:

See the source image
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Jason7192 said:
    That is kinda funny, but overall, that site is the laziest click-bait nonsense driven musical journalism.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• SenlickSenlick United States Posts: 80
    PJNB said:
    Senlick said:

No plans to play there this year. 
    Oh no!!!!!! I read a rumor from this past October they were doing a show there.  Oh well, we will probably see a couple Foo Fighters shows in Europe then.

thanks for the welcome!  PJ is the best band ever!
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Woodstock50 dates and location announced: 

Watkins Glen, NY
    August 16-18

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    PB11041 said:
    Jason7192 said:
    That is kinda funny, but overall, that site is the laziest click-bait nonsense driven musical journalism.  
    Oh, I agree 100%. It's garbage.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    A stop in Watkins Glen would line up perfectly with Many overdue cities for a fall 2019 tour such as Cleveland, Columbus, Buffalo, Pittsburgh

But I also wonder how far the radius clause would be for Woodstock 50.  Would either fit right in, or eliminate all of the above listed cities.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2019
    Woodstock50 dates and location announced: 

Watkins Glen, NY
    August 16-18

Historically speaking a great weekend + location combo ;)

(see last year)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Jason7192 said:
    That site is such trash. I've stopped giving it clicks/oxygen. 

I used to frequent it. it is TMZ now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Phish announced for Fenway in July. They've also been rumored for Woodstock.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."