NCAA College Football -

Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I saw a Super Bowl and a NCAA championship game in Superdome.  It was fun.
    hopefully pre 2005. too many bad vibes in that place now. NOLA as a city is bad enough.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    lolobugg said:
    hopefully pre 2005. too many bad vibes in that place now. NOLA as a city is bad enough.
    Nope, post. 
    I did expect we might be stabbed a few times after the Super Bowl.  Ravens fans are pretty low on the scale of 'Human Behavior' based on what I saw -- and they won!  Imagine if Crabtree could make a catch / Kaep could throw an accurate pass...

I did see a lady blowing a dude about 5 feet from Bourbon on a side street corner.  It was very Dead Man-esque, although it was not Gibby Haynes, it was a black dude.
    (Makes me wonder -- was Dead Man the last truly good movie Depp has been in?) 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    lolobugg said:
    Nope, post. 
    I did expect we might be stabbed a few times after the Super Bowl.  Ravens fans are pretty low on the scale of 'Human Behavior' based on what I saw -- and they won!  Imagine if Crabtree could make a catch / Kaep could throw an accurate pass...

I did see a lady blowing a dude about 5 feet from Bourbon on a side street corner.  It was very Dead Man-esque, although it was not Gibby Haynes, it was a black dude.
    Damn brother...I knew our paths had crossed at some point!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    lolobugg said:
    Nope, post. 

:lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    lolobugg said:
    Nope, post. 

She was going to town on you.  Hope you didn't get busted!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

you were drunk out of your mind.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

you were drunk out of your mind.
    Nah.  Afterword, yes.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    lolobugg said:
    Nope, post. 

/Harbaugh didn't call the same dumb play 3 times in a row...
    But yes, living in Maryland I can attest to Ravens fans being utterly insufferable. They're so obnoxious that I actually root for the fucking Steelers now when the two play each other.  I once swore I'd never root for the Steelers, not even if they were playing the Nazis.  Well, enter Ravens fans.
    Ha!
    Just saw that tickets for the final are going for 115-135.  :lol:.  
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Just saw that tickets for the final are going for 115-135.  :lol:.  
    Just saw that too....that's wild.  Last year the get-in price was $1,700!!  Not surprising though with how far away it is from both schools and it's in one of the most expensive areas in the country.
  • lolobugg said:
    Nope, post. 

But yes, living in Maryland I can attest to Ravens fans being utterly insufferable. They're so obnoxious that I actually root for the fucking Steelers now when the two play each other.  I once swore I'd never root for the Steelers, not even if they were playing the Nazis.  Well, enter Ravens fans.

We were at a Chargers game vs the Ravens a few years back in San Diego. Chargers won. After the game... massive (and I mean MASSIVE) brawl outside the venue. It was 20 on 20. Maybe 30 on 30.

We tried to make our way around the perimeter of the action to get to our vehicles, but that melee spread like wildfire and we had to dodge and weave through haymakers.

I don't know who started the event, but I'd wager the Ravens fans were the more unhappy of the two sides and most likely to express their dissatisfaction with the result. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    lolobugg said:
    Nope, post. 

We were at a Chargers game vs the Ravens a few years back in San Diego. Chargers won. After the game... massive (and I mean MASSIVE) brawl outside the venue. It was 20 on 20. Maybe 30 on 30.

We tried to make our way around the perimeter of the action to get to our vehicles, but that melee spread like wildfire and we had to dodge and weave through haymakers.

I don't know who started the event, but I'd wager the Ravens fans were the more unhappy of the two sides and most likely to express their dissatisfaction with the result. 
    Scary.  The only time I was around something like that was in Vancouver in 2011, when in town to see PJ.    (Granville maybe?  No idea how it started but we could see a wave of violence happening as it unfolded.)
    My wife was awestruck and I had to drag her into the closest place that was open -- it was on a street lined with bars and people were randomly beating the shit out of one another.  She didn't realize that standing there and watching = asking to get clocked in the side of the face.

• lolobugg said:
    Nope, post. 

Scary.  The only time I was around something like that was in Vancouver in 2011, when in town to see PJ.    (Granville maybe?  No idea how it started but we could see a wave of violence happening as it unfolded.)
    My wife was awestruck and I had to drag her into the closest place that was open -- it was on a street lined with bars and people were randomly beating the shit out of one another.  She didn't realize that standing there and watching = asking to get clocked in the side of the face.

lol @ wives

No kidding: there was a couple we did not know directly in front of us looking to exit the venue as well. The girlfriend/wife said to her guy, "I kinda wanna see it." The guy replied, "Don't worry. You'll be seeing it soon enough."

And just as predicted... within literally 30 seconds... the wave rapidly moved towards us and eventually engulfed us.
  • I was once on the LIRR and a brawl broke out on the car behind us.  I was facing forward and were watching these young teen boys looking behind me then I here them all yell  "WOAH!!!"

I turn around and the whole train car was throwing blows.

Holy shit what a scene.  An undercover op flashed his badge and got tossed aside, no one gave a shit.

Pull into Jamaica and 50 cops were there waiting and hauled the whole car away.

Oh yeah this was after an NCAA playoff game at the Garden.  Fighting over college basketball?!?
    Sounds like a soccer train in Europe
    KC138045 said:
    KC138045 said:
    Thank you LSU!  Hopefully this ends all the UCF talk
    No, their starting QB wasn't playing.

They did hang in there though so theres that.

Good game.  3 guys ejected in the first half, the LSU QB almost got taken out.

What a game.
    LSU was missing something like 9 starters on defense and had another player ejected. LSU mistakes kept UCF in the game plus the pick 6 that should of been called back. Reguardless if the score UCF does not belong in the playoffs 
    One close game doesn't end all talk of teams like UCF belonging in the playoff.  They put up a better fight and played a better game than both Notre Dame and Oklahoma.  The last two seasons proved they do belong in the discussion.  Along with the many seasons of Utah, TCU, and Boise State beating up on teams in bowl games during the BCS era.  What does it hurt to put them in the playoff? Certainly no more than putting two Power 5 teams that got blown out.  If we gather anything from this weekend, it's that Notre Dame needs to stop getting special treatment and getting invited to BCS & CFP games.  They've gone 0-8 with an average margin of loss of nearly 21 points in their last 8 "New Year Six" bowl games.  If anyone doesn't belong in the discussion, it's them.
    I couldn't agree more.

Notre Dame is way hyped.  They continually get their asses handed to them.

CFU w their starting QB in the game I'd think that the game is theirs.

Lots of stupid mistakes by both teams though with the ejections.
    Do you think that UCF wins w/their starting QB and LSU NOT having more than half of their Defense out to await the draft?
    I do not.

That being said, that was one heck of a game, especially the 1st half.  Some baffling non-calls by the refs.

I think there should (and will) continue to be debate about who belongs in the playoff, and that is OK.  Texas beat Georgia, and everyone screaming about ND and OU really was saying they thought UGA should be in and not UCF.  Never know.  Debate on this is good and let the top 1-2 teams fight for it.  (Vs. the way it used to be done when only they were in contention.)

So happy to see Urban out.  They tried like hell to let UW back in control but did just enough to hold them off.  The sport is better when the traditional powers play consistent roles so I hope that they will stay in the hunt annually with the new coach.  Wouldn't hurt to see Penn St or Michigan try to make the next step up on OSU, having those three all be good is only good for the conference and the sport.
    And let's not forget, that UGA was favored by double digits. ND and OU were both at least 12 point under dogs. It was expected that UGA was going to kick the Longhorns asses. This went the complete opposite way. It was also expected that Bama and Clemson were going to kick their opponents asses. That did happen.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    lolobugg said:
    Nope, post. 

She was going to town on you.  Hope you didn't get busted!
    Nah, I didn't get busted. Glad she took her dentures out too! But next time I'm F'ing someone else in the brain, can you save the high 5's and Pat's on the back until I am done?  B)
    But, of course!
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Alabama is getting smoked. Clemson looks to be the far superior team so far. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Clemson looks amazing
  • The grabs Ross is making are awesome.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Congrats Clemson!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Huh...maybe Notre Dame just so happened to run into BY FAR the BEST team in College Football this year. 

Wonder if the haters will admit that ND did deserve their CFP bid. Bama was favored in this game. Not sure by how much. Clemson was favored by 12.5 over ND. Clemson is beating Bama worse than they beat ND.

NOT saying ND is better than Bama, please don't mistake that. Just wondering if the ND haters will be able to be objective about it now.
    We won’t be. :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    God, I fucking hate Clemson. This sucks.

Not that I'm a Bama fan either, but lesser of 2 evils.
    Type your comment.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Bama will ALWAYS be the greater of all evils.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Wobbie said:

Bama will ALWAYS be the greater of all evils.
    Nope, not when Clemson is an option.
    Clemson was largely unimportant in college football before this run.  They had some good teams but not at all on Bama's range.

This team is fucking awesome, and they have had really good teams recently.