Worst Pearl Jam song ever....

167891012»

Comments

  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USAPosts: 3,076
    kst said:
    I don't like Grievance or Breakerfall, among others.  Nonetheless I like an incredibly high percentage of the catalog.
    they've had worst songs.  most of Binaural felt off kilter to me.  the band was just not playing playing well on the album imo.
  • B-GirlB-Girl Posts: 91
    I don’t get the hate for The End. I really don’t. I think it’s a beautiful tune. Heartbreaking lyrically, actually. Maybe it’s a better Ed solo song, but it’s still a good song. 
    Too melodramatic and cliche.  I'm not there yet either.  Gonna live forever....
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 2,639
    B-Girl said:
    I don’t get the hate for The End. I really don’t. I think it’s a beautiful tune. Heartbreaking lyrically, actually. Maybe it’s a better Ed solo song, but it’s still a good song. 
    Too melodramatic and cliche.  I'm not there yet either.  Gonna live forever....
    Its 100 times better than future days 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • B-GirlB-Girl Posts: 91
    honestly, Foxy Mop and Pry, To and the other "experimental songs" aren't filler. same with Writer's Block and everything else. They are creative expressions of how the band were feeling at the time. sometimes they seem like a "bridge" from one song to the next. I don't ever skip them like I skip Future Days or Sirens. 
    Thank you for this ^^
  • B-GirlB-Girl Posts: 91
    NewJPage said:
    B-Girl said:
    I don’t get the hate for The End. I really don’t. I think it’s a beautiful tune. Heartbreaking lyrically, actually. Maybe it’s a better Ed solo song, but it’s still a good song. 
    Too melodramatic and cliche.  I'm not there yet either.  Gonna live forever....
    Its 100 times better than future days 
    No, but I'll agree that Future Days is most probably bad as well.  I tried really hard to like Lightening Bolt......but I couldn't.  Tabled that whole album a few months after it was released so, I really can't name most of the tracks.  And while I'm here, my least favorites are Just Breathe, The End, Sirens and most of LB (save Pendulum).  Not gonna say they are their worst songs but, I am super tired of side 1 of Ten.  Experimental songs are rad....
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 2,639
    B-Girl said:
    NewJPage said:
    B-Girl said:
    I don’t get the hate for The End. I really don’t. I think it’s a beautiful tune. Heartbreaking lyrically, actually. Maybe it’s a better Ed solo song, but it’s still a good song. 
    Too melodramatic and cliche.  I'm not there yet either.  Gonna live forever....
    Its 100 times better than future days 
    No, but I'll agree that Future Days is most probably bad as well.  I tried really hard to like Lightening Bolt......but I couldn't.  Tabled that whole album a few months after it was released so, I really can't name most of the tracks.  And while I'm here, my least favorites are Just Breathe, The End, Sirens and most of LB (save Pendulum).  Not gonna say they are their worst songs but, I am super tired of side 1 of Ten.  Experimental songs are rad....
    Agree on experiments. LB actually has a couple. Its above backspacer for me at the back end of the catalog. LB is generally fine for me...couple high spots (infallible, pendulum), many decent songs, and then future days...
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 17,227
    NewJPage said:
    B-Girl said:
    NewJPage said:
    B-Girl said:
    I don’t get the hate for The End. I really don’t. I think it’s a beautiful tune. Heartbreaking lyrically, actually. Maybe it’s a better Ed solo song, but it’s still a good song. 
    Too melodramatic and cliche.  I'm not there yet either.  Gonna live forever....
    Its 100 times better than future days 
    No, but I'll agree that Future Days is most probably bad as well.  I tried really hard to like Lightening Bolt......but I couldn't.  Tabled that whole album a few months after it was released so, I really can't name most of the tracks.  And while I'm here, my least favorites are Just Breathe, The End, Sirens and most of LB (save Pendulum).  Not gonna say they are their worst songs but, I am super tired of side 1 of Ten.  Experimental songs are rad....
    Agree on experiments. LB actually has a couple. Its above backspacer for me at the back end of the catalog. LB is generally fine for me...couple high spots (infallible, pendulum), many decent songs, and then future days...
    yeah, if LB were an 8 or 9 song EP, it would have been a home run. 
    "It's so nice when toxic people stop talking to you.
    It's like the trash took itself out"
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 11,292
    I would say that Infallible was different.  Kind of like You Are on Riot Act.  Pendulum would fall under the different category to me.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 11,190
    I would say that Infallible was different.  Kind of like You Are on Riot Act.  Pendulum would fall under the different category to me.
    Agree. 
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • NamiNami NewfoundlandPosts: 5,689
    kst said:
    I don't like Grievance or Breakerfall, among others.  Nonetheless I like an incredibly high percentage of the catalog.
    dont like grievance?  wtf 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 17,227
    There is nothing experimental on Lightning Bolt.
    yeah, when i'm talking experimental, i'm talking a young girl in a mental institution on a loop. lol
    "It's so nice when toxic people stop talking to you.
    It's like the trash took itself out"
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,646
    I would say that Infallible was different.  Kind of like You Are on Riot Act.  Pendulum would fall under the different category to me.
    I agree, too.

    Also, Getaway is a great tune but maybe not all that different.
    Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016, Seattle 1&2 2018
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,646
    Nami said:
    kst said:
    I don't like Grievance or Breakerfall, among others.  Nonetheless I like an incredibly high percentage of the catalog.
    dont like grievance?  wtf 
    I think Grievance is great...probably the best "heavy" tune on Binaural.

    I don't dislike Breakerfall but it's weak compared to similar songs they'd done before (and even after, in some cases). 
    Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016, Seattle 1&2 2018
  • KN219077KN219077 MontanaPosts: 344
    kst said:
    I don't like Grievance or Breakerfall, among others.  Nonetheless I like an incredibly high percentage of the catalog.
    Grievance is like top 20 for me...
  • kstkst Posts: 157
    Nami said:
    kst said:
    I don't like Grievance or Breakerfall, among others.  Nonetheless I like an incredibly high percentage of the catalog.
    dont like grievance?  wtf 
    Personal preference, that's all.  If we all liked everything the same all the cars on the road would be identical.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 18,185
    I would say that Infallible was different.  Kind of like You Are on Riot Act.  Pendulum would fall under the different category to me.
    Pendulum has definitely grown on me.  Infallible is a tune I just can’t get into. You are still wears the crown. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 12,265
    mcgruff10 said:
    I would say that Infallible was different.  Kind of like You Are on Riot Act.  Pendulum would fall under the different category to me.
    Pendulum has definitely grown on me.  Infallible is a tune I just can’t get into. You are still wears the crown. 
    I like the lyrics from Infallible..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,646
    mcgruff10 said:
    I would say that Infallible was different.  Kind of like You Are on Riot Act.  Pendulum would fall under the different category to me.
    Pendulum has definitely grown on me.  Infallible is a tune I just can’t get into. You are still wears the crown. 
    You Are is a funny one, isn't it? Some people adore...some people despise it. 
    Would have been a better Soundgarden song, if you ask me.
    Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016, Seattle 1&2 2018
  • NamiNami NewfoundlandPosts: 5,689
    kst said:
    Nami said:
    kst said:
    I don't like Grievance or Breakerfall, among others.  Nonetheless I like an incredibly high percentage of the catalog.
    dont like grievance?  wtf 
    Personal preference, that's all.  If we all liked everything the same all the cars on the road would be identical.
    yes i realize that, but the words/meaning and delivery of this song should never have it at the bottom.... never. 

    I guess thats my opinion hehe
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 45,962
    There is nothing experimental on Lightning Bolt.
    Not even close.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 3,350
    Mind your manners
    boring
    overplayed
    song just goes on and on
    What does that song in for me is the line "or we can something else."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 45,962
    edited January 7
    mace1229 said:
    Mind your manners
    boring
    overplayed
    song just goes on and on
    What does that song in for me is the line "or we can something else."
    I think it's probably the best song on that album. That's not saying too much, but enough for me to like the song, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
167891012»
Sign In or Register to comment.