Fox News

Comments

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    "Various exotic sexual groups" lol

Bentleyspop said:
    Fair and balanced?
    Just another homophobic, islamophobic, racist, xenophobic anti-semite preaching a rhetoric of fear, hate, ignorance, and lies to the base.....

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Tucker has a point:

immigrants make us poorer because they are paid sub-human waves.

they make us dirtier because picking crops is much harder work than sitting behind a desk, spewing hate.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Ignorant hateful racist piece of shit....

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    who is watching MSNBC all of the sudden?  
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    vaggar99 said:
    There are a lot of people that like to watch the opposing viewpoint of those in power. I hate Fox News and MSNBC....but I watched some Fox News when Obama was in and I watch s decent amount of MSNBC now. Still dislike a bunch and the presentation of “facts” but I find it more interesting than the cheerleading :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Hope for society or did they just move to Infowars or even crazier sites.

Fox started to be mean to ol prez sometimes.
    Keep watching focksnooze see where that gets you...

focksnooze the preferred news source for incels...

Fair and balanced and not at all racist...  

• Queue the Q’s Deep State conspiracy where Hillary and Obama have a secret medical facility and serum that they’re using to keep her alive despite her incapacitation and it’s really Lannie Ganier who is writing her opinions.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786

Hannity arrested next?  Who was his lawyer again?  Wasn't it Cohen?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:

Hannity arrested next?  Who was his lawyer again?  Wasn't it Cohen?
    Lock him up!  the real fake news and dangerous white house/kremlin propaganda machine.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    vaggar99 said:
    There are a lot of people that like to watch the opposing viewpoint of those in power. I hate Fox News and MSNBC....but I watched some Fox News when Obama was in and I watch s decent amount of MSNBC now. Still dislike a bunch and the presentation of “facts” but I find it more interesting than the cheerleading :)
    I used to do this for a while too (back when I still got any of the US network news channels).... And then I realized that even though I totally know what I'm watching and why, there is no way it could be good for my psyche or my views about reality to be watching something like Fox News. They are masters at manipulation and subtle propaganda. I think there are very few people who could actually regularly consume that kind of media without it getting to them for real, in the way Fox News et al what it to get to people. I think someone with a left wing PhD in media communications could probably get sucked in by some of the negative (lying) aspects of Fox News, et al, at least at a subconscious level. I bet you'll find people doing this at least start picking up certain debate tactics that Fox News is saturated with: red herrings and strawman arguments. I think it's crazy to think that watching Fox News somehow creates some kind of balance with, say, CNN. Those two networks are not comparable opposites at all, so that theory just doesn't work.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    I used to do this for a while too (back when I still got any of the US network news channels).... And then I realized that even though I totally know what I'm watching and why, there is no way it could be good for my psyche or my views about reality to be watching something like Fox News. They are masters at manipulation and subtle propaganda. I think there are very few people who could actually regularly consume that kind of media without it getting to them for real, in the way Fox News et al what it to get to people. I think someone with a left wing PhD in media communications could probably get sucked in by some of the negative (lying) aspects of Fox News, et al, at least at a subconscious level. I think it's crazy to think that watching Fox News somehow creates a balance with, say, CNN. Those two networks are not comparable opposites at all, so that theory just doesn't work.
    I compared fox news to MSNBC not CNN.  CNN is my regular news source.  I much prefer it to the other 2.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    I used to do this for a while too (back when I still got any of the US network news channels).... And then I realized that even though I totally know what I'm watching and why, there is no way it could be good for my psyche or my views about reality to be watching something like Fox News. They are masters at manipulation and subtle propaganda. I think there are very few people who could actually regularly consume that kind of media without it getting to them for real, in the way Fox News et al what it to get to people. I think someone with a left wing PhD in media communications could probably get sucked in by some of the negative (lying) aspects of Fox News, et al, at least at a subconscious level. I think it's crazy to think that watching Fox News somehow creates a balance with, say, CNN. Those two networks are not comparable opposites at all, so that theory just doesn't work.
    I compared fox news to MSNBC not CNN.  CNN is my regular news source.  I much prefer it to the other 2.  
    I know - I was speaking more generally (even my "et al" probably doesn't include MSNBC - I don't find MSNBC to be massively biased or right wing). Generally, people trying to "balance" their news consumption with the current right wing crap that is saturating that market are making a mistake, IMHO. That doesn't create balance at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    I know - I was speaking more generally (even my "et al" probably doesn't include MSNBC - I don't find MSNBC to be massively biased or right wing). Generally, people trying to "balance" their news consumption with the current right wing crap that is saturating that market are making a mistake, IMHO. That doesn't create balance at all.
    Ah....I too don;t find MSNBC to be right wing...but it is certainly massively biased (liberal).  Just not as massively biased as Fox News is on the right. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    MSNBC is garbage. Any time I've watched a clip of those half wits drumming up outrage over nothing it just makes me feel like I'm watching a democrat version of Fox Lite. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

MSNBC still uses facts, reason and reporting.  Fox News needs none of that.
  • MSNBC is garbage. Any time I've watched a clip of those half wits drumming up outrage over nothing it just makes me feel like I'm watching a democrat version of Fox Lite. 
    Stop it. Chris Matthews is a goddamn sweetheart. Funny too.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Ah....I too don;t find MSNBC to be right wing...but it is certainly massively biased (liberal).  Just not as massively biased as Fox News is on the right. ;)
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

Just because you're less rightwinged doesn't mean you're biased when your telling truths about Donald Trump.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Smellyman said:
    MSNBC still uses facts, reason and reporting.  Fox News needs none of that.
    which is why i called them "fox lite". yes, they do report actual facts, but they also have a heavy dose of hyperbole and outrage during nearly every segment. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    vaggar99 said:
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

Just because you're less rightwinged doesn't mean you're biased when your telling truths about Donald Trump.
    Correct. That’s why CNN isn’t biased. But MSNBC certainly is. Everyday and 2x on Sunday. Just because you agree with them doesn’t make them not biased.

hippiemom = goodness
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    CNN has some bias as well...really, everyone does.  While "the Base" thinks it's essentially MSNBC, I see it as attempting to deliver the news...but it is run by and reported by humans...it cannot be totally without bias.  And I have to admit, when they used "Governor Northam (R), Virginia" there's no way that was an accident.  (I recall Fox doing that same thing with "Mark Foley (D)" way back in the day and I still think that was intentional so who would I be to give CNN  pass).  That said, I am guessing it was one jackass that enabled that to slip by, not an order from the brass.

I do see a different between MSNBC and Fox, though.  I see Fox skipping more stuff they cannot even put a spin on.  I see them as more dishonest.  And they have far more repugnant on-air personalities (white nationalist Ingraham, getting more unhinged by the day Hannity, and all-around scumbag Kilmeade to name a few).  But both are equally biased; there's no getting around that.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    CNN has some bias as well...really, everyone does.  While "the Base" thinks it's essentially MSNBC, I see it as attempting to deliver the news...but it is run by and reported by humans...it cannot be totally without bias.  And I have to admit, when they used "Governor Northam (R), Virginia" there's no way that was an accident.  (I recall Fox doing that same thing with "Mark Foley (D)" way back in the day and I still think that was intentional so who would I be to give CNN  pass).  That said, I am guessing it was one jackass that enabled that to slip by, not an order from the brass.

I do see a different between MSNBC and Fox, though.  I see Fox skipping more stuff they cannot even put a spin on.  I see them as more dishonest.  And they have far more repugnant on-air personalities (white nationalist Ingraham, getting more unhinged by the day Hannity, and all-around scumbag Kilmeade to name a few).  But both are equally biased; there's no getting around that.
    I just can't imagine watching fox news all the time and not finding myself perpetually angry. the few times I've turned on MSNBC I have found myself annoyed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97 said:

I just can't imagine watching fox news all the time and not finding myself perpetually angry. the few times I've turned on MSNBC I have found myself annoyed. 
    I actually watch MSNBC and Fox News in more of an effort to analyze them than I am getting my news from them. The 8pm-11pm block of shows on each interest me. When I say "interest me," I mean it in a sociological study sort of way. Not that I'm interested in what any of them may have to say. The way these shows (Carlson/Hannity/Ingram on Fox, and Hayes/Maddow/O'Donnell on MSNBC) attempt to shape opinions is fascinating (and also a huge part of everything wrong with our society). 

I think the Fox News trio is "better" at what they do than the MSNBC trio. Now when I say "better," I mean they do a better job of brainwashing their base than I think MSNBC does. You're right that Fox is meant to make the viewer angry. And I think Carlson and Hannity do a good job of it. Ingram is horrible. She's like a 5th rate version of Hannity. But I sometimes watch Carlson and Hannity and think to myself,  "I can see how these guys have their base believing we're under and 'invasion' of migrates." They do a good job of spinning it.

MSNBC on the other hand doesn't really try to rile viewers up and make them angry. I think that's part of their problem because, unfortunately, people today somehow LIKE being riled up and angry. If Hannity says that a caravan of migrates is coming to take your jobs, his viewer will get angry about it. On the other hand, Maddow may argue "They're poor people that need our help!" That might tug on someone's heartstrings, and cause them to feel a bit of sadness for the situation. Sadly, the voice of the pissed-off Hannity viewer seems "louder" than the voice of the considerate Maddow viewer in today's outrage culture. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com