Alice In Chains
    I've never even heard of The Waterboys!

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    rgambs said:

Adam Sandler starred in it.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Mad Season
    rgambs said:
    What?! :open_mouth: You should definitely check them out: http://www.mikescottwaterboys.com/. Another great, and as usual, way underrated band! Does the song Fisherman's Blues strike a chord?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Mad Season
    Jeff's shirt from the RRHOF 2017

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Alice In Chains
    rgambs said:

Same
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    edited December 2018
    Alice In Chains
    Pap said:

Great shirt. Not sure why Oasis was included however as they aren't eligible for induction until next year.

(And yes, they should get in)
  • Options
    Mad Season
    rummy said:
    Pap said:

Great shirt. Not sure why Oasis was included however as they aren't eligible for induction until next year.

(And yes, they should get in)
    And Tom Waits was inducted in 2011.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited January 2019
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    I’m surprised Tool hasn’t been nominated and inducted.
    The writers at Rollingstone have no idea who they are plus they only vote people in that they know will show up.  Hell Kiss almost didn't come to their inauguration so I don't think TOOL would even come.
    They’re one of the biggest bands around. I’m sure RS knows who they are and I think they’d show up. They’re more rockstar than their image often informs.
    You don't know TOOL.

One of the biggest bands around hasn't made an album in 12 years...

They don't stream their albums for a reason.

What’s that mean? Yeah, I don’t know them personally but I’ve gleened about as much info on them through the years as a fan could. Maynard and his vineyard is as rock star cliche as it gets, Danny cruises around in a Lambo, and Adam Jones has played the national anthem at big wrestling shows. I’m not saying they some cheesy over the top asshats, but they definitely take advantage of their success.

Hasnt made an album in 12 years and would sell out a tour tomorrow. When their album does come out it will be one of the biggest and best releases of the year.

I don’t get what streaming or not has to do with it.

Tool isn't even on Spotify - not being on streaming platforms absolutely matters now; that is how most people access music now, so if Tool isn't on them, then relatively few people are listening to them, and far fewer are now discovering them. Plus they have been on hiatus for years and years. They are definitely not one of the biggest bands around, not even close. They have a dedicated following, but actually not a very big one in the grand scheme of things.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Mad Season
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    The writers at Rollingstone have no idea who they are plus they only vote people in that they know will show up.  Hell Kiss almost didn't come to their inauguration so I don't think TOOL would even come.
    They’re one of the biggest bands around. I’m sure RS knows who they are and I think they’d show up. They’re more rockstar than their image often informs.
    You don't know TOOL.

What’s that mean? Yeah, I don’t know them personally but I’ve gleened about as much info on them through the years as a fan could. Maynard and his vineyard is as rock star cliche as it gets, Danny cruises around in a Lambo, and Adam Jones has played the national anthem at big wrestling shows. I’m not saying they some cheesy over the top asshats, but they definitely take advantage of their success.

Hasnt made an album in 12 years and would sell out a tour tomorrow. When their album does come out it will be one of the biggest and best releases of the year.

Tool isn't even on Spotify - not being on streaming platforms absolutely matters now; that is how most people access music now, so if Tool isn't on them, then relatively few people are listening to them, and far fewer are now discovering them. Plus they have been on hiatus for years and years. They are definitely not one of the biggest bands around, not even close. They have a dedicated following, but actually not a very big one in the grand scheme of things.
    don't they sell out 10,000-15,000 seat arenas when they tour? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    You don't know TOOL.

That doesn't make them one of the biggest bands around IMO. What are you requirements for this phrase? As I said, they have a dedicated following, which explains their ticket sales.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Mad Season
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    You don't know TOOL.

That doesn't make them one of the biggest bands around IMO. What are you requirements for this phrase? As I said, they have a dedicated following, which explains their ticket sales.
    to sell out arenas when not even touring behind an album I'd say makes them pretty big. But to me it's not even about that. it's about originality and influence. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Alice In Chains
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    You don't know TOOL.

If they do a mini tour yes.  3-4 shows then that's it.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited January 2019
    Alice In Chains
    PJ_Soul said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    You don't know TOOL.

Streaming may be important as far as access, but that’s not the same context to which TnG was speaking. 

They haven’t been on hiatus. They just haven’t put out an album, which is still as highly anticipated as anything despite more false starts and teases than Chinese Democracy at this point. They’ve toured pretty extensively and not 10k venues, but 20k hockey sheds and headlining the biggest festivals all over the world ahead of other big names. I don’t really know what you consider big, but there aren’t many rock bands drawing the same kinda numbers and the only ones way out front are beyond nostalgia acts at this point. Go ahead, name a few bands you think are bigger so I can understand your line of thinking on the matter, 

Are you familiar with their fan base to know how many repeat customers they have over the course of a tour? Can’t be more than Pearl Jam and when I’ve seen them they draw pretty similar crowds.

Post edited by DewieCox on