BETO for PRESIDENT!

Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited December 2018
    wow, so a guy who is irish pretending to be latino is okay. fleeing from a dui/accident is okay. 90% of his funds came from outside of the state. there were numerous stories of voter fraud in the state. i see you are setting your standards high
    The only reason I would vote for him is to get him out of TX politics, lol. Even better would be if Hillary was running against him :)
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • wow, so a guy who is irish pretending to be latino is okay. fleeing from a dui/accident is okay. 90% of his funds came from outside of the state. there were numerous stories of voter fraud in the state. i see you are setting your standards high
    And this is why you don’t announce your candidacy a year and 11 months out from the election.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    edited December 2018
    wow, so a guy who is irish pretending to be latino is okay. fleeing from a dui/accident is okay. 90% of his funds came from outside of the state. there were numerous stories of voter fraud in the state. i see you are setting your standards high
    pretending to be latino?  dui/accident? Adjudicated , no?

funding. where is your source for that assertion? who were his donors?

same for the fraud. source it.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mickeyrat said:

Why does it even matter if x% came from out of state?  That's neither illegal or immoral if they didn't violate campaign finance laws.  And if there was fraud in TX, why is that more Beto's fault than Cruz, or the governor, or the secy' of state?  Geez, I'm not even a Beto fan but if this is the best that the Right has circulating on 4Chan, then Beto is in good shape. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Why does it even matter if x% came from out of state?  That's neither illegal or immoral if they didn't violate campaign finance laws.  And if there was fraud in TX, why is that more Beto's fault than Cruz, or the governor, or the secy' of state?  Geez, I'm not even a Beto fan but if this is the best that the Right has circulating on 4Chan, then Beto is in good shape. 
    I agree. Wanted to know where dude I dont recall ever seeing before chooses to get his/her info....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah it kinda matters. It was a state election, so $ coming from out of state is not great. But that’s what elections have become. 

Surely you can see that?
    hippiemom = goodness
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah it kinda matters. It was a state election, so $ coming from out of state is not great. But that’s what elections have become. 

Surely you can see that?
    Maybe it's not ideal, but it's in every state.  Making it out like it's a Beto thing is ridiculous.  Do you consider financial support from the DNC out of state money?  What about the RNC?  Because I guarantee they helped Cruz as much as Beto.  

Come to think of it, I don't give a shit that it's US money from out of state.  These are federal offices.  Are just making up goal posts as we go along?
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Surely you can see that?
    Maybe it's not ideal, but it's in every state.  Making it out like it's a Beto thing is ridiculous.  Do you consider financial support from the DNC out of state money?  What about the RNC?  Because I guarantee they helped Cruz as much as Beto.  

Come to think of it, I don't give a shit that it's US money from out of state.  These are federal offices.  Are just making up goal posts as we go along?
    As I understand it , he declined dnc money as well as pac and corporate money.

so whats left? individual citizens....

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Surely you can see that?

As I understand it , he declined dnc money as well as pac and corporate money.

so whats left? individual citizens....
    If that's true, maybe he could have beat Cruz with more money.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    all this talk about beto to me just seems like anti-trump desperation. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Surely you can see that?

It’s definitely not ideal and it’s where our politics are today. So I wasn’t saying him getting that $ was bad, it is what it is. But it does highlight the issue with our politics. And perhaps campaign finance reform should really eliminate $ from out of state donors for local or state positions...and being the elected Senator from a State is a state position in the federal government. 

It just got me thinking about this and it bothers me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    edited January 2019
    I don't agree.  When you think about potential candidates, they tend to be older (Biden, Bernie) and/or women.*  I think Beto is the most Obama-like candidate out there.  Fresh face.  Maybe less-than-ideal experience (but that's a good thing since there's less to criticize him on).  Positive.  Energetic. Smart.

Is he the most qualified?  Maybe not.  But that's never what it's been about.  I think if Mitt Romney was sitting in office for his second term, and "Trump-Derangement Syndrome" wasn't a thing, Beto would still have the same momentum.

*I don't think a woman can beat Trump.  
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    OnWis97 said:
    I don't agree.  When you think about potential candidates, they tend to be older (Biden, Bernie) and/or women.*  I think Beto is the most Obama-like candidate out there.  Fresh face.  Maybe less-than-ideal experience (but that's a good thing since there's less to criticism him on).  Positive.  Energetic. Smart.

Is he the most qualified?  Maybe not.  But that's never what it's been about.  I think if Mitt Romney was sitting in office for his second term, and "Trump-Derangement Syndrome" wasn't a thing, Beto would still have the same momentum.

Experience is out the door.  The GOP can't use that excuse against any candidate after the tRump debacle.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    OnWis97 said:
    I don't agree.  When you think about potential candidates, they tend to be older (Biden, Bernie) and/or women.*  I think Beto is the most Obama-like candidate out there.  Fresh face.  Maybe less-than-ideal experience (but that's a good thing since there's less to criticism him on).  Positive.  Energetic. Smart.

Experience is out the door.  The GOP can't use that excuse against any candidate after the tRump debacle.

Or ethics...  They've lost all the higher ground on presidential character.  It's an amazing turn of events.  
    edited January 2019
    El Beto for Presidento!!!!!
    ”Presidento” not a real Mexican word?  That’s okay, Beto is not a real Mexican! 
    Campaign slogan: “Beto, por que carajo no!”
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    So no Hispanics for president?  I can get behind that.  I don't want none of those eye-talians either.  And no fucking pope-lovers either.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:
    why do people keep running with this "fake mexican" shit? Wasn't he given that nickname by someone else down the line? I don't believe he's ever claimed to be hispanic or anything other than he actually is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:
    why do people keep running with this "fake mexican" shit? Wasn't he given that nickname by someone else down the line? I don't believe he's ever claimed to be hispanic or anything other than he actually is. 
    More so due to the idiots that are voting for him because they think he is (I’ve personally talked to one or two) I don’t think he has ever claimed to be.
    I would personally vote for him for the primaries because of the campaign slogans alone; “Up with Beto, down with Cheeto” and so on, lol
    No bueno.  I consider myself a minor wonk, so someone who can't opine on pretty important things is either 1. Not thoughtful or 2. Afraid to take a position.  Neither is better than the other.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    No bueno.  I consider myself a minor wonk, so someone who can't opine on pretty important things is either 1. Not thoughtful or 2. Afraid to take a position.  Neither is better than the other.  
    Anyone seriously considering to run or having already done so, is only opening themselves up to a longer period of time of being criticized, mocked and torn to shreds by your own party as well as the repub machine. This period of time should be spent making “no comments,” and quietly building your base, whether grass roots, party establishment or a combination. The time for wonk is closer to the primaries when radical or controversial policy ideas might get lost in the din. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:
    Anyone seriously considering to run or having already done so, is only opening themselves up to a longer period of time of being criticized, mocked and torn to shreds by your own party as well as the repub machine. This period of time should be spent making “no comments,” and quietly building your base, whether grass roots, party establishment or a combination. The time for wonk is closer to the primaries when radical or controversial policy ideas might get lost in the din. 
    True, but why sit down for an interview then?
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    True, but why sit down for an interview then?
    Media presence? I agree with you, if you sit for an interview today, you better be prepared to answer everything from boxers or briefs to tell me about your energy plan, gun law reform, etc. That said, there shouldn’t be anything wrong with saying, “I’m still formulating my thoughts on the subject and coming up with a policy that’ll be successful, an announcement will be made in the future.” But we all know how thoughtfulness gets ripped.

Brilliantati©
    Beto fading while he's on his sabbatical and dentist appointments.  Biden doing well without announcing.  He'll be tough to beat. 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Beto and Biden both suffer from an incurable form of white dudeness.  No way they are getting the democratic nomination.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Biden has street cred... and the Obamas in his pocket... 

Wouldn't be a surprise