2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Hey I hear ya on being antifestival. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    chadaw76 said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Not sure why people are against PJ playing Woodstock. Obviously arenas are better, but they are gonna continue to play festivals. So why not this one? RHCP gonna be there!! 

Its very unfair...very unfair....to compare PJ to RHCP, because that band actually tours regularly and gives their fans plenty of opportunity to see them live, even in the good seats, unlike PJ.

Since PJ has decided for many years to tour and record as little as possible, to waste one of their  very few performances at a festival, in front of many non fans, with no seating, under abyssmal standing conditions, while many of their  fans are as old as they are....

Enough reasons?
    So you’re not going to Woodstock then?

Only if you treat with VIP tickets.

I dont begrudge them for not touring, heck they are like a modern day Grateful Dead compared to some bands (looking at you Adam Jones), but...

....if playing a light schedule is the way it is, and it is, then why waste a performance in front of non fans, under brutal conditions, for fans their same age? Certainly more money can be made elsewhere in front of more PJ fans.
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    Just to clarify some info on Woodstock, the 50th celebration would be at Bethel Woods Performing Arts Center, it was built in 2005ish.  This is an actual amphitheater with a lawn.  It is built on the site of the original Woodstock.  The 94 Woodstock was not on the original grounds but instead in Saugerties Ny.  Woodstock 99 was in Rome, NY on an old Air Force base.  I would expect this to be a dramatically different experience than any of the prior Woodstock Festivals.  
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    BB162610 said:
    Just to clarify some info on Woodstock, the 50th celebration would be at Bethel Woods Performing Arts Center, it was built in 2005ish.  This is an actual amphitheater with a lawn.  It is built on the site of the original Woodstock.  The 94 Woodstock was not on the original grounds but instead in Saugerties Ny.  Woodstock 99 was in Rome, NY on an old Air Force base.  I would expect this to be a dramatically different experience than any of the prior Woodstock Festivals.  
    Great info, TY. Id totally do the type of layout you explain..
    RS65573 said:
    BB162610 said:
    Great info, TY. Id totally do the type of layout you explain..
    I saw Uncle Neil there a few years ago and they did a great job with it.  They built this huge museum with 60s exhibits.  The grounds are massive, so they could be planning to setup a huge stage like a traditional festival, but I would hope it is a traditional amphitheater for the main acts and a small stage for newer acts.  
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Looks a little odd with the roof and not really a normal festival type set up. How would they do multiple stages I wonder...

I believe there is plenty of land that would extend past the right hand side of this picture.  I am assuming they would add screens, etc.

This place is in the middle of nowhere, hotels will be a bitch.  I booked a room at the Villa Roma to be safe.  It is refundable but they do charge you one night up front.  I assuming they may offer camping as well.  

Is it too much to ask to get a heads up when the tour is going to be or if there is going to be one before I pick my vacation? My coworkers already hate me enough when it comes to vacation picks because they know when PJ finally announces their tour I will be scrambling for trades!

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    PJNB said:
    Looks a little odd with the roof and not really a normal festival type set up. How would they do multiple stages I wonder...

That's how Alpine Valley was for PJ20 & it worked out just fine.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Which Woodstock are they rumoured to play? Apparently the original Woodstock organizer is planning a different festival for Woodstock 50 lol
    mfc2006 said:
    PJNB said:

For one band or one band after another type of event it looks great. I just expected a 50th anniversary of Woodstock to look a little different. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited December 2018
    Until the Greek speaks, I will believe that all remains quiet with nothing planned 

Like it or not, he’s been on the money over the last few years
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    PJNB said:
    mfc2006 said:
    PJNB said:

For one band or one band after another type of event it looks great. I just expected a 50th anniversary of Woodstock to look a little different. 
    There were multiple stages at PJ20...

But, I see what you're saying. Time will tell!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    They are gonna play this BS Woodstock crap aren’t they?
  • I’d rather them play philly. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Bump in hopes of some news soon!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • I’d rather them play philly. 
    +1!
  • 2019 might be the most open my schedule will ever be again. Anywhere in the US and I could make it work.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I'll be in the outer banks aug 24-31.  Please no shows during that time.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    2019 might be the most open my schedule will ever be again. Anywhere in the US and I could make it work.
    This.  Im retiring in late February and would love there to be a US tour that I can hit a bunch of shows before going back to work. =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    2019 might be the most open my schedule will ever be again. Anywhere in the US and I could make it work.
    This.  Im retiring in late February and would love there to be a US tour that I can hit a bunch of shows before going back to work. =)
    I"m sorry, you are retiring?!  Aren't you around my age? (41)
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Atlanta please!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    on2legs said:
    Umm...seems contradictory, right?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    on2legs said:
    Apparently he has enough saved up to fund one PJ tour.  
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    on2legs said:
    Apparently he has enough saved up to fund one PJ tour.  
    A whole North American tour? 7 shows in, 4 cities, several years....then back to work. :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Little bit older... 47.  My job is offering an early retirement And I’m going to take advantage of it.  Going to take off through the summer and then start another job I have lined up in September (or later if there is a fall tour =) ). 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    Sort of contradictory.  Since my current job is offering an early retirement I’m going to take it and take some time off. My employer gives me a pension and a severance package so I don’t have rush right back to work.  At 47 I’m too young to sit around the house for long.  I have another job lined up that I can pretty much start when I’m ready.  And I’m defining ready as whenever the tour is over.  

on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Little bit older... 47.  My job is offering an early retirement And I’m going to take advantage of it.  Going to take off through the summer and then start another job I have lined up in September (or later if there is a fall tour =) ). 
    Congrats!  That is awesome.  Enjoy your time off bud.
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Thanks, Mike. Like Pearl Jam I’m looking forward to the next chapter. =)

on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Thanks, Mike. Like Pearl Jam I’m looking forward to the next chapter. =)
    You staying in Middletown or looking to make a move?  Howell has some nice size houses for a good price!