2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I think it’ll end up looking like 2013, without the London and Wrigley shows.  
    You're thinking they will go back to touring in October? That really is the wild card right now to be honest. If they do not then I think it is going to be a slower year then expected obviously. Of course this all depends on what is going on with the album as well. 
    I just don’t see them going 3 years in a row without a proper North America tour.... especially with a new album.  Even if they announced something next week, it would be for April at the earliest, and for the 2016 tour we had 2 months worth of solid rumors 
    We pick vacation the first week of January. I get 2 weeks off in the summer which I think will be in August. The other 6 weeks are going to be a mix of September, October, November, and December (Christmas week). Sounds like a lot of time off but still going to be hard to hit the right time with no rumours to go off of. 
    8 weeks vacation?  Teacher?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    You're thinking they will go back to touring in October? That really is the wild card right now to be honest. If they do not then I think it is going to be a slower year then expected obviously. Of course this all depends on what is going on with the album as well. 
    I just don’t see them going 3 years in a row without a proper North America tour.... especially with a new album.  Even if they announced something next week, it would be for April at the earliest, and for the 2016 tour we had 2 months worth of solid rumors 
    We pick vacation the first week of January. I get 2 weeks off in the summer which I think will be in August. The other 6 weeks are going to be a mix of September, October, November, and December (Christmas week). Sounds like a lot of time off but still going to be hard to hit the right time with no rumours to go off of. 
    He is the founder of Uber Canada. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    He is the founder of Uber Canada. 
    lmao. Nah just work shift work and get 18 days off which then gives me 14 days off in a row when I take a full set off. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Get_Right said:
    I think any tour dates will be driven by whichever festival PJ decides to play.  Not 100% sure but it seems like they announce a festival or ball park shows and then a short tour. Id guess EV tour in the spring (which makes sense based on the announced date), some festival summer or fall and then a few PJ dates.  IF they play at all.

You are probably right but it's terrible that a band that spends such few days on the road would waste their effort in front of festival non fans forced to endure 5 hours of horrific mosh pit conditions. Plus they could make a ton more money playing arenas with closer to market value tickets. Plus there is nothing more special than a packed Pearl Jam arena.

Some of us are around Ed n Mike's age, for them to expect fans their age to mosh like that, combined with the limited touring and PJs restricted ticket regulations, that horse just keeps getting more flies.
  • jimfishjimfish Detroit Posts: 51
    Metallica has an interesting approach with a similar age demographic.   How about some in the round shows?   You get to triple the number of GA’s and nobody in the place is far from the stage.   Totally different experience, and would be an amazing experiment for them.   I volunteer Detroit’s Little Caesar’s Arena for a trial.   
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Get_Right said:
    I think any tour dates will be driven by whichever festival PJ decides to play.  Not 100% sure but it seems like they announce a festival or ball park shows and then a short tour. Id guess EV tour in the spring (which makes sense based on the announced date), some festival summer or fall and then a few PJ dates.  IF they play at all.

You are probably right but it's terrible that a band that spends such few days on the road would waste their effort in front of festival non fans forced to endure 5 hours of horrific mosh pit conditions. Plus they could make a ton more money playing arenas with closer to market value tickets. Plus there is nothing more special than a packed Pearl Jam arena.

Some of us are around Ed n Mike's age, for them to expect fans their age to mosh like that, combined with the limited touring and PJs restricted ticket regulations, that horse just keeps getting more flies.
    I have not seen a mosh pit at a PJ show in ages. Festival or otherwise. Of course arenas are preferable.  I just don't understand why so many people do not want to go to a festival or ball park show. Music festivals and the ball park shows are a blast. You are there for live PJ.  What difference does it make if you are far away?  Its still live PJ and a ton of fun.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    edited December 2018
    I thoroughly enjoyed the Pemberton Festival in 2016.  It was like a PJ show without all the usual BS.  No lines to get in, no lines for GA, no lines to buy stuff....  We got as close as we would by lining up 4 hours early, simply by advancing once Noel Gallagher was done his set.  The setlist was amazing, full of great tunes, and an amazing place for a show.    I think it's a top 5 show for me.   Out of anything I've seen since lightning bolt came out, it might be the best.

I also enjoyed the crap out of Virgin Fest (Calgary 09).

Many PJ festival shows are amazing.    Ballpark shows are great if you have GA and show up around 4pm to get a half decent spot on the floor :)

edit: I don't need to be up close, but concerts are even more amazing when your towards the front in the thick of everything :)  Concert experiences in nosebleeds vs front section of floor aren't equal :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    I don't need to be close. I have a blast no matter where I am.  Its a big party with friends and PJ is the house band. That is my take on festivals and stadium shows. Festivals are a bonus because you get to see other music you probably would not bother to go see. 
  • All I want for Christmas is a rumor.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    kst said:
    All I want for Christmas is a rumor.
    Me too. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    kst said:
    All I want for Christmas is a rumor.
    Me too. 
    Same here
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    I just got excited bc there were 3 new posts in this thread since I last visited.  Sigh
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Hopefully the new year will lead to some new rumors!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Is it time to close this down and start the 2020 rumor thread?
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Pearl who? They still make records and tour?  Nah.....
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    We’re planning on getting tix to bottlerock again this year....lineup announcement January 7th and I’m hoping for a sweet surprise!!!!  
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Either nothing is happening, or PJ staff is super good at keeping secrets this time around....

Thoughts on Woodstock rumors?
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
    DSTRUB said:
    Either nothing is happening, or PJ staff is super good at keeping secrets this time around....

Please for the love of god no Woodstock. 
  • DSTRUB said:

Eddie said they wouldn't be together again until the studio.

There are no rumors and nothing on the calendar other than the one solo appearance.

I bet we get something similar to 2013...new music in the spring/summer and a tour with more touring into 2020.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • The actual Woodstock 50th Anniversary festival was confirmed by Livenation yesterday
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    edited January 2020
    Not sure
    Post edited by Mikemzl91 on
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Not sure why people are against PJ playing Woodstock. Obviously arenas are better, but they are gonna continue to play festivals. So why not this one? RHCP gonna be there!! 

Its very unfair...very unfair....to compare PJ to RHCP, because that band actually tours regularly and gives their fans plenty of opportunity to see them live, even in the good seats, unlike PJ.

Since PJ has decided for many years to tour and record as little as possible, to waste one of their  very few performances at a festival, in front of many non fans, with no seating, under abyssmal standing conditions, while many of their  fans are as old as they are....

Enough reasons?
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Not sure why people are against PJ playing Woodstock. Obviously arenas are better, but they are gonna continue to play festivals. So why not this one? RHCP gonna be there!! 

Its very unfair...very unfair....to compare PJ to RHCP, because that band actually tours regularly and gives their fans plenty of opportunity to see them live, even in the good seats, unlike PJ.

Since PJ has decided for many years to tour and record as little as possible, to waste one of their  very few performances at a festival, in front of many non fans, with no seating, under abyssmal standing conditions, while many of their  fans are as old as they are....

Enough reasons?
    Always staying on brand
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    One thing I don't do is loathe Pearl Jam for not touring heavily.   I find myself pretty lucky that the favourite band from my youth was the energizer bunny.  They kept going and going while others dropped off the rails.  They might only tour 20 - 30 shows a year, but I'm happy they're still out there kicking ass.  It's better than the alternative.
    Mikemzl91 said:

Enough reasons?
    100% agree.  
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    Mikemzl91 said:

Enough reasons?
    So you’re not going to Woodstock then?
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
    chadaw76 said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

Enough reasons?
    So you’re not going to Woodstock then?
    Hell no.  Seeing pearl jam 300 yards away has zero appeal to me.  I'll save my money and fly somewhere to see them.
  • zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    I heard the Woodstock rumors this morning; PJ, Coldpla, Mumford, Foo, Chance The Rapper.......Confirmation soon
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    If they’re going to do a festival I’d prefer Coachella. That one doesn’t seem to be gaining any traction though. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    If this is true, they'd likely hit the east coast before or after...maybe a couple garden shows...sweet.