PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    JK_Livin said:
    Sorry, I've never been on stage there.
    This is hilarious.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Apparently this is Middleton’s son:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Apparently this is Middleton’s son:

they have set the fan base up to be very disappointed and disheartened if they don't sign one or both.  should be a very interesting week
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    John Clark is the worst thing associated with Philly sports...and you know how I feel about all things Eagles.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited December 2018
    John Clark is the worst thing associated with Philly sports...and you know how I feel about all things Eagles.
    nova fans, howard eskin, and the losing
    I don't mind Johnny Airport as much as I used to. He's a caricature of himself at this point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Everything about him...his shtick, his early 2000's haircut...his GOD AWFUL mismatching suits and patterns...the airport.  His face is so punchable.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Everything about him...his shtick, his early 2000's haircut...his GOD AWFUL mismatching suits and patterns...the airport.  His face is so punchable.
    That's beautiful.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Nats apparently not going to offer more than they did for Harper couple months ago...

LET'S GET STUPID WITH CIGAR MONEY
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Met Mr. Kapler hanging out at SouthHouse today. I wanted to know what the hell he was doing in South Philly. He said they had "business" down at the park, so I asked if that business rhymed with Rice Shmarper. He told me no comment.
    Reclining a seat on a plane: yay or nay?
    JP breaking some news. Nice, man.

Yay to that question. Yay all the way...unless there's a giant behind you and you can tell he (or she) is uncomfortable.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2018
    Unless the seat is empty, fuck no. 

And hold up, Kepler was hanging out at south house?! Doesn’t seem like his kinda place 
    JP breaking some news. Nice, man.

Yay to that question. Yay all the way...unless there's a giant behind you and you can tell he (or she) is uncomfortable.
    You're a monster.

And hold up, Kepler was hanging out at south house?! Doesn’t seem like his kinda place 
    Wasn't hanging out, per se. Seemed like he was there to meet someone on business (this would explain both of them having their ipads out with accompanying keyboards), presuming the same reason I was there for a meeting - you can count on it being completely dead but their drinks and food menu are on point.

Also - not a monster.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    jeebus....watching MLB.....EVERY fucking rumour involves the phillies.

also, every FA pitcher clip shows them striking out some hapless Giant.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    On the seat recline?  Yes.  I fly frequently and have come to accept this.  Also, I fly American and if not in the front, in the first five rows of main cabin.  Even in the "extra" seats the recline is shit.   Can barely use a laptop.
    If there is a tall person behind I may opt out.
    Don't sit in the back where there is no room...one of the benefits of flying all of the time.  Flying back from LA tomorrow and would be up front if it wasn't for wife and four year old.  Wife would kill me if I upgraded without them.

The love he receives is the love that is saved

Eh. I could do without the baseball diamond part, but don't know about the shade of blue change. I wonder if this also means their core colors are going to change on all their unis? They're not a dark blue team.

Eh. I could do without the baseball diamond part, but don't know about the shade of blue change. I wonder if this also means their core colors are going to change on all their unis? They're not a dark blue team.
    Is this real though? I saw this floating around last week and I feel like it would be a bigger deal, no?
    edited December 2018
    Hell  yeah. Love, Cutch

Edit: Oooofff...3 years.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Nice move. Hopefully that's our left fielder and not our right fielder, who shall remain nameless at this time!

Is this real though? I saw this floating around last week and I feel like it would be a bigger deal, no?
    Pretty sure it's real - and I agree, definitely think this would be a bigger deal.
    Don't love the contract at all, but a top of the order Hernandez, Segura, McCutchen, Hoskins and a certain one of two players is pretty solid.  Plus he's an awesome dude.

Pretty sure it's real - and I agree, definitely think this would be a bigger deal.
    Yeah, like the friggen Marlins changed their logo and it was everywhere. This has just kinda been floating around.
    Don't love the contract at all, but a top of the order Hernandez, Segura, McCutchen, Hoskins and a certain one of two players is pretty solid.  Plus he's an awesome dude.
    MLBTR had Cutch at 3/45 so 3/50 isn't terribly off, so it's a meh from me.

I need them to move Hernandez, along with one of these outfielders (Herrera/Williams) and a prospect to land someone - pitcher or 3B, or maybe Realmuto and foil the Yanks' Syndegaard plans?

UGH - option for a 4th year. I'm hoping that's a team option.
    MLBTR had Cutch at 3/45 so 3/50 isn't terribly off, so it's a meh from me.

I need them to move Hernandez, along with one of these outfielders (Herrera/Williams) and a prospect to land someone - pitcher or 3B, or maybe Realmuto and foil the Yanks' Syndegaard plans?

Yeah, I just don't think he's a $15+ mil player over the next 3 years, but he can still put together at bats and has some pop.  I am good with this. Makes much more sense than the similar Santana signing last year...

The Yanks Syndegaard stuff is nonsense.  Not happening.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    god this team is fucking stupid