Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Forgot to add,
    When my mum mentions my future children I tell her that it won't happen and she gets all sad and scared. 

Having children just because your mother wants grandchildren is one of the worst reasons to have children. They aren't accessories. 
    Words of wisdom.
    Never let bullshit societal norms or the desires of others force you into something you don't truly want for yourself.
    Won't happen.
    What is starting to get to me is people questioning my unemployed status. Is it a societal norm to work? 
    Uh, well no, I wouldn't say that. I mean, yeah, people normally work which makes it normal in society. But people have to work to support themselves, feed themselves, clothe themselves, etc. But FYI, being a full time student is considered a job. It is very very normal for a full time student not to work. That's why student loans are so high, lol. So just tell people that when they ask about your unemployment status. If you stop being a full time student and still don't have a job, then you'll just be someone who doesn't support himself.
    People are like 'well I went through university and held a part time job bla bla"
    Psychology is so competitive that you need a very high GPA to get accepted into postgraduate degrees.
    If that wasn't the case I'd work part time and study full time. I need to dedicate 100% of my time to my current degree to have a chance at postgraduate.
    Ya, well some people are jerks, lol. I actually worked part time all through full time university myself, but man, it sure would have been nice to not have, lol. I chose to move out from my parents' house early so had to work to support myself without screwing myself with too many loans... but that is just one of the legit options. Dude, stop caring so much about what other people think about your choices. I feel like you haven't had the greatest epiphany of adulthood: who cares what other people think???? Fuck 'em!!

Had to work to support your partying ways...lol
    Yeah, and also to pay my rent , tuition and books, bills, for food and transportation, and clothing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Forgot to add,
    When my mum mentions my future children I tell her that it won't happen and she gets all sad and scared. 

Having children just because your mother wants grandchildren is one of the worst reasons to have children. They aren't accessories. 
    Words of wisdom.
    Never let bullshit societal norms or the desires of others force you into something you don't truly want for yourself.
    Won't happen.
    What is starting to get to me is people questioning my unemployed status. Is it a societal norm to work? 
    Uh, well no, I wouldn't say that. I mean, yeah, people normally work which makes it normal in society. But people have to work to support themselves, feed themselves, clothe themselves, etc. But FYI, being a full time student is considered a job. It is very very normal for a full time student not to work. That's why student loans are so high, lol. So just tell people that when they ask about your unemployment status. If you stop being a full time student and still don't have a job, then you'll just be someone who doesn't support himself.
    People are like 'well I went through university and held a part time job bla bla"
    Psychology is so competitive that you need a very high GPA to get accepted into postgraduate degrees.
    If that wasn't the case I'd work part time and study full time. I need to dedicate 100% of my time to my current degree to have a chance at postgraduate.
    Ya, well some people are jerks, lol. I actually worked part time all through full time university myself, but man, it sure would have been nice to not have, lol. I chose to move out from my parents' house early so had to work to support myself without screwing myself with too many loans... but that is just one of the legit options. Dude, stop caring so much about what other people think about your choices. I feel like you haven't had the greatest epiphany of adulthood: who cares what other people think???? Fuck 'em!!

Had to work to support your partying ways...lol
    Yeah, and also to pay my rent , tuition and books, bills, for food and transportation, and clothing.
    Minor inconveniences....lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • No
    1. Being able to forgive
    2. Having a similiar interest in music/movies
    3. Similiar vibes concerning sex
    4. Not eating meat or vote for the unsympathetic and unempathetic right
    5. A pure and magnetic sense of humour

All you need for a succesful relationship
    Maybe you should be the one giving us advice. ;)  
    Yes
    1. Being able to forgive

What SC is mostly incorrect.  The most successful relationship last because you are opposites.  I remember the phrase "opposites attract", I have had therapist say that is correct.  If you are excluding someone because they choose to have a steak once awhile seems shallow...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    1. Being able to forgive

What SC is mostly incorrect.  The most successful relationship last because you are opposites.  I remember the phrase "opposites attract", I have had therapist say that is correct.  If you are excluding someone because they choose to have a steak once awhile seems shallow...

The full quote is 'Opposites attract, in order to destroy'  :lol: 

But I do agree that you need balance in a relationship. One person can be gregarious and the other shy and they even each other out. The problems arise when the gregarious individual is more interested in mingling with others than their partner and when the shy partner refuses to go out at all. A happy medium needs to be struck with all personality traits. 

Forgiveness is essential, but also one must not continually do the same thing over and over with a simple 'I'm sorry' afterwards. 

Similar interests in cultural things is a plus and then the other person also brings to the relationship interests that open the others eyes to new things, or not. As long as there is a willingness to TRY. (as long as the ask is not ridiculous). 

A pure and magnetic sense of humor :lol:  I can understand wanting someone to have a sense of humor, esp about themselves. But 'pure and magnetic' ?  What does that even mean? And are you bringing the same level of humor to the relationship? Seems like quite the high bar. 

If you are going to only date people who eat what you eat, you are getting into judgement territory and that is going to make your pool of possible dates and partners small. 

Yes, being sexually attracted to someone is important. But there has to be more than that. Believe me. 

I can understand politics being a problem in a relationship. It depends on how much the person cares about politics and how much it effects their actions. I could never date a tea party or Trump supporter.  I'm open to any religion, race, background, etc - but that is a line in the sand. 

Didn't mean to pull apart your list SC - but you posted it so in this thread that means it's a free for all. Only trying to help. :smile:
    Yes
    Whatever, discussing anything with some elistist 
    here is a waste of fucking time...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • No
    I personally don't have anything against opposites attracting. I quoted him to spark conversation.
     I eat meat, for the record. 
    Yes
    Whatever, discussing anything with some elistist 
    here is a waste of fucking time...
    Are you referring to me? 
    Yes
    I personally don't have anything against opposites attracting. I quoted him to spark conversation.
    I thought I was posting an opinion. Sheesh. As in conversing.....
  • No
    njnancy said:
    We're all allowed to have our own opinions. Maybe meltdown felt like his opinion was misunderstood? I don't know. I have no idea what just happened, but you didn't do anything wrong njnancy.
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    We're all allowed to have our own opinions. Maybe meltdown felt like his opinion was misunderstood? I don't know. I have no idea what just happened, but you didn't do anything wrong njnancy.
    Thanks. I don't understand how things work around here sometimes. And after almost 5 years, maybe I never will. 

I like your new profile pic. 
  • No
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    Thanks. I don't understand how things work around here sometimes. And after almost 5 years, maybe I never will. 

I like your new profile pic. 
    You're welcome. And I don't think we're meant to ever figure this place out, it's like the fight club. ;)

Thank you very much!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It feels like the bizarro board here on occasion.  How offering asked-for advice equals elitism, I don't know.

Anyway, I thought the above had some wise points, along with many others here.

Horse, you've been led to water - an ocean's full - many times.  It's up to you to take a sip or two, or at least try.
  • She's going on holday to south korea. So now she posponed our friendly beer. 

HOPEFULLY SHE SENDS ME A POSTCARD ATLEAST
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Yes
    She's going on holday to south korea. So now she posponed our friendly beer. 

You should fly to north korea and meet her at the border!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • No
    mcgruff10 said:

I would think he'd at least get a handshake out of that. Right?
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:

That and a kiss on the cheek!
  • No
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

If he's really lucky, she'll skip the cheek and go straight for the forehead! Ooh la la
    Yes
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

If he's really lucky, she'll skip the cheek and go straight for the forehead! Ooh la la
    I don't know if I would fly to North Korea for the most wonderful person in the world. Would they allow him to leave the country???
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited December 2018
    Yes
    We’d send Dennis Rodman for you if things went bad in North Korea, SC.

sidenote:  was looking at a North Korean travel group the other day.  Go skiing at a resort there.  Best case scenario would be a broken leg from a fall.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Yes
    We’d send Dennis Rodman for you if things went bad in North Korea, SC.

sidenote:  was looking at a North Korean travel group the other day.  Go skiing at a resort there.  Best case scenario would be a broken leg from a fall.
    The snowboarding doesn’t look bad at all. And there is literally no one at the resorts from what I ve read. 
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Yes
    I just noticed this thread. Does anyone know if the original poster asked Agnes out on a date, are they going steady, are they getting married now?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    Yes
    I just noticed this thread. Does anyone know if the original poster asked Agnes out on a date, are they going steady, are they getting married now?

Apparently she fled to South Korea. 
    edited December 2018
    Yes

Apparently she fled to South Korea. 
    And spiritual felt more at home north of the 38th parallel.  They plan to meet somewhere along the dmz next week to take engagement photos. 
    Yes

He did ask her out on a date.  She said what kind of date? Eventually she said no.  They planned to get together like normal for drinks and then SC's had surgery for something and so they did not meet up.  Now she is traveling to South Korea when the rescheduled meet up was to occur.  Appears they are solidly in the friend zone. 

In between page 1 and 50 is tons and tons of soul searching and amateur psychology (including my own). 

Yes

He did ask her out on a date.  She said what kind of date? Eventually she said no.  They planned to get together like normal for drinks and then SC's had surgery for something and so they did not meet up.  Now she is traveling to South Korea when the rescheduled meet up was to occur.  Appears they are solidly in the friend zone. 

In between page 1 and 50 is tons and tons of soul searching and amateur psychology (including my own). 

Most importantly - he asked her by text.  And showed her the thread (somehow since they  have not been together since said text). 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Yes
    Trim that fucking merkin beard and you’ve got yourself a lady! Kidding of course but every girl’s crazy for a sharp dressed man right?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited December 2018
    No

You're minimizing the fun we've had. You had fun, right? 
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
    Yes

You're minimizing the fun we've had. You had fun, right? 
    I was being sarcastic. Thread has been fun.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Does she have your mailing address? 
    ELITIST FUK