Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    What is everybody else watching for Fredagsmys?
    I'm watching a lawsuit from some bitch who hit me two years ago get scanned and sent to my insurance company . People really suck most of the time. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,797
    Yes
    What is everybody else watching for Fredagsmys?
    Im watching the legend of the Agnes thread grow by the hour.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    njnancy said:
    What? I haven't been reading this thread as closely as I should have been, but who is Maja, and are the prospects looking better than with Agnes?
    Maja - woman friend who has been to SC's home - to play Mario Cart. And apparently spent time with semla and DIY furniture.

Chances are better with anyone if we are using the Agnes scale. But, from what SC has posted, she seems interested. SC needs to embrace her advances. . She DID play Nintendo with him at his home,  so ........ 

We will eat "swedish taco" (remember the "Fredagsmys" texplanation from a few pages ago) tonight or tomorrow too, and watch the fifth episode of True Detective. 

It's Mario Kart btw. Not Mario Cart, or as Maja says "Cartmario".

every time I hear this "Cartmario" business, I can't shake the feeling that the two you are these people:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No
    njnancy said:
    When I quit, after like 3 days, I told everyone I had quit. I did so because the next time I saw them I didn't want to be embarrased if I failed. 

Most looked at me and smirked thinking I wouldn't quit. I showed those fuckers!
    Good for you,man!  :triumph:

Congrats to all the quitters! :)
    Thank you!   =)
    I'm right there with you - been 1 year and 8 months for me and I'm amazed that I finally quit. Proud Quitter. Wish it was sooner, but it happened when it was time to happen. 

Thank you and I am staying strong in solidarity with my fellow quitters. 
    You're awesome! :joy:  I can't wait to have an anniversary like that!

I'm sorry to hear about the lawsuit/insurance stuff you have to deal with, that makes for one suckfest of a Fredagsmys. :(
    Be sure to watch a good movie/show when it's all said and done. Don't let the bitch ruin your whole Fredagsmys.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yes
    njnancy said:
    When I quit, after like 3 days, I told everyone I had quit. I did so because the next time I saw them I didn't want to be embarrased if I failed. 

Thank you!   =)
    I'm right there with you - been 1 year and 8 months for me and I'm amazed that I finally quit. Proud Quitter. Wish it was sooner, but it happened when it was time to happen. 

I'm sorry to hear about the lawsuit/insurance stuff you have to deal with, that makes for one suckfest of a Fredagsmys. :(
    Be sure to watch a good movie/show when it's all said and done. Don't let the bitch ruin your whole Fredagsmys.
    (i.e., not Scarface)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    No
    dankind said:
    njnancy said:

Thank you!   =)

(i.e., not Scarface)
        You know you want that thread bumped.  lol
  • Options
    No
    njnancy said:
    What? I haven't been reading this thread as closely as I should have been, but who is Maja, and are the prospects looking better than with Agnes?
    Maja - woman friend who has been to SC's home - to play Mario Cart. And apparently spent time with semla and DIY furniture.

Chances are better with anyone if we are using the Agnes scale. But, from what SC has posted, she seems interested. SC needs to embrace her advances. . She DID play Nintendo with him at his home,  so ........ 

We will eat "swedish taco" (remember the "Fredagsmys" texplanation from a few pages ago) tonight or tomorrow too, and watch the fifth episode of True Detective. 

every time I hear this "Cartmario" business, I can't shake the feeling that the two you are these people:

You hear that guys? You can find a Shannon Elizabeth look-alike on Tinder. Happy Fredagsmys!  =)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Continued good luck to the quitters!  I still smoke (Cigarillos) and while I've cut down a lot, I'm nowhere near ready to quit.  Got other fish to fry right now before I tackle that one =)
  • Options
    Yes
    njnancy said:

You hear that guys? You can find a Shannon Elizabeth look-alike on Tinder. Happy Fredagsmys!  =)
    Ummpf... that would literally be the best Fredagsmys of my life.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Yes
    hedonist said:
    Continued good luck to the quitters!  I still smoke (Cigarillos) and while I've cut down a lot, I'm nowhere near ready to quit.  Got other fish to fry right now before I tackle that one =)
    One thing at a time!!! You are doing awesome, don't overwhelm yourself. :clap: 
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:
    njnancy said:

Thank you!   =)

(i.e., not Scarface)
        You know you want that thread bumped.  lol
    No, God, Scarface would not help my insane anxiety. 

I need a comfort movie this Fredagsmys -like Good Will Hunting or The Hangover - to go with my homemade Sloppy Joe's. 
  • Options
    Yes
    Good Will Hunting might be worse than Scarface. As a nearly lifelong financial supporter of the psychotherapeutic sciences, the "it's not your fault" scene had me doubled over with laughter in the cinema to the point that I was being shushed by other audience members. It also really pissed me off that Minnie Driver's character was basically treated as a prize to be won. 

The Hangover is awesome, though. No one shushed me for laughing at that one.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    No
    I have a question for you, @dankind (my go-to film buff), what film(s) represent real-life couples best? Are there any "love stories" that really resonated with you?
  • Options
    No
    Actually, other people are welcome to answer as well. 
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Yes
    I have a question for you, @dankind (my go-to film buff), what film(s) represent real-life couples best? Are there any "love stories" that really resonated with you?
    Indecent Proposal
    The Break Up
    Showgirls

=) just kidding
  • Options
    No
    Maybe we should just suggest movies and have dankind tell us what is wrong with them. What about Before Sunrise? Would a guy really talk that much to get into Julie Delpy's pants?
  • Options
    No
    Indecent Proposal
    The Break Up
    Showgirls

=) just kidding
    LOL
  • Options
    No
    I've never watched The Odd Couple(so I suck), but I like the gif.
  • Options
    Yes
    I don’t know about representing real-life couples, save the naturalism of Linklater, but below are some of my favorite love stories on film that represent how wonderfully messy the whole damn thing can be. 

Casablanca 

The Before series by Richard Linklater

Wild at Heart

Mulholland Drive

Harold and Maude

True Romance

Inherent Vice

Eyes Wide Shut

Nobody Loves Me

Buffalo ’66

Superbad
    (the couple, in this case, being the boys)

Say Anything...

Almost Famous
    (the beloved in this case being music; and I wasn’t expecting two sappy Cameron Crowe films to show up, but I guess I can be mushy at times)

Grosse Pointe Blank

The Age of Innocence

The House of Mirth 
    (I might have a thing for Ms. Wharton; she wrote enough great stories to make up for that Ethan Frome clunker)

Raising Arizona 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes
    Maybe we should just suggest movies and have dankind tell us what is wrong with them. What about Before Sunrise? Would a guy really talk that much to get into Julie Delpy's pants?
    Ha. I mentioned the Before series in my list. I could watch those films forever. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    I don’t know about representing real-life couples, save the naturalism of Linklater, but below are some of my favorite love stories on film that represent how wonderfully messy the whole damn thing can be. 

Casablanca 

Wild at Heart

Mulholland Drive

Harold and Maude

True Romance

Inherent Vice

Eyes Wide Shut

Nobody Loves Me

Buffalo ’66

Superbad

Say Anything...

Almost Famous
    (the beloved in this case being music; and I wasn’t expecting two sappy Cameron Crowe films to show up, but I guess I can be mushy at times)

Grosse Pointe Blank

The Age of Innocence

The House of Mirth 
    (I might have a thing for Ms. Wharton; she wrote enough great stories to make up for that Ethan Frome clunker)

Raising Arizona 

I LOVE Harold & Maude.  No one else could've portrayed those characters.
  • Options
    Yes
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Casablanca 

Wild at Heart

Mulholland Drive

Harold and Maude

True Romance

Inherent Vice

Eyes Wide Shut

Nobody Loves Me

Buffalo ’66

Superbad

Say Anything...

Almost Famous

Grosse Pointe Blank

The Age of Innocence

The House of Mirth 

Raising Arizona 

Yes!

And I forgot Moonrise Kingdom. A beautiful love story. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Casablanca 

Wild at Heart

Mulholland Drive

Harold and Maude

True Romance

Inherent Vice

Eyes Wide Shut

Nobody Loves Me

Buffalo ’66

Superbad

Say Anything...

Almost Famous

Grosse Pointe Blank

The Age of Innocence

The House of Mirth 

Raising Arizona 

Yes!

And I forgot Moonrise Kingdom. A beautiful love story. 
    Grosse Pointe Blank is in my top 10 favorite movies.

Eyes Wide Shut portraying regular couples??

And you can laugh all you want - I love Good Will Hunting. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,645
    No
    Moonrise was awesome.  Wes rules.

I would (for sure) endure that to get into Julie Delpys panties 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    No
    Sorry, I didn't really phrase the first question the right way. I don't know that anybody would want to sit through 2 hours of real life coupledom. Maybe the better question would be, what films represent real love as you see it? Or would like to see it?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,645
    No
    Juranal Park?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    No
    Hahaha.
    I like Rosario Dawson.  Clerks iI
    Anything that would put me with her would be good

• Options
    No
    I love True Romance and didn't think of it when I was trying to come up with a list. I'm so glad you reminded me, dankind. You have listed a few of my favorites, and there are a few I haven't seen, thank you for the list!

And it's great that friendship stories have been included too.
  • Options
    No
    Moonrise was awesome.  Wes rules.

I would (for sure) endure that to get into Julie Delpys panties 
    Thank you for answering my question.  =)