"The calm before the storm."

Comments

• $130 for any ticket to see anyone is a fucking crime.  No concert ticket should be 3 digits. Ever.
    The prices are out of hand. It’s pretty amazing the demand still remains at these price points
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    NHL Seattle Storm.  PJ are the mascots.  Hockey is Canadian.  Canadian is great beer.  They tour Canada to learn trade secrets of being a hockey mascot while getting hammered...at my place😉
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    The demand would remain at $150 and $175.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    vedpunk said:
    The demand would remain at $150 and $175.
    Shhh!!! Don't give them any ideas...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited December 2018
    I am a little surprised the music industry hasn't collapsed or something. PJ is the only band I'd ever pay $100 to see. My wife wants to see terrible shows like Pink and I look at tickets prices and gag. How does Pink fill up an arena at $200 a ticket?
    I still catch some of my old favorites like Better Than Ezra and Weezer because they are still in the $40 range (about $65 after fees though).
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Yea it's been a little disappointing after the ticketmaster thing that pj didnt keep prices low...oh well..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    I really dont think $130 to go see Pearl Jam is off or that bad of a value.  Putting aside the quality and energy and length that make it superior to other musical acts, $130 is less than going out to a mediocre dinner for two.  I think the last time I went to a movie it was $23 a ticket, so for two people to go a borderline fast food restaurant and see a movie is $130.  I remember spending $30 on a ticket for a major arena acts in the 90's too(and a movie was like 7.50), but its not just concerts, everything is super expensive now.  When you compare what your other options are, it sucks but I'd rahter put those $130 towards seeing PJ over most other options.

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    nycrats said:
    I really dont think $130 to go see Pearl Jam is off or that bad of a value.  Putting aside the quality and energy and length that make it superior to other musical acts, $130 is less than going out to a mediocre dinner for two.  I think the last time I went to a movie it was $23 a ticket, so for two people to go a borderline fast food restaurant and see a movie is $130.  I remember spending $30 on a ticket for a major arena acts in the 90's too(and a movie was like 7.50), but its not just concerts, everything is super expensive now.  When you compare what your other options are, it sucks but I'd rahter put those $130 towards seeing PJ over most other options.

Plus none of these guys (or girls) are making as much on album sales like they did in the 1990's. Touring (and merch) is where the $$$$ is at!
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    I dont know, I think the merch machine is generating even more than ticket sales.

The market is insane...if I sold my posters, I could put in a pool.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited December 2018
    Ten night run in Philly :smiley:

Each night a different random album?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    nycrats said:

$130 is less than a mediocre dinner for two? Where the hell are you going out to eat??!!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    nycrats said:

$130 is less than a mediocre dinner for two? Where the hell are you going out to eat??!!
    Yeah that s a lot of money!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    most people don't go see a band multiple times on a tour.  So to pay $99 face for one show is the norm now in the arena/ stadium concert biz.  just like going to see a broadway play or sporting event.  no different.  

Touring/ merch is where bands make their money now.  record sales sucks and streaming doesn't pay the artists enough. 

it could be WAYYY worst.  go look at the Stones prices for football stadiums.  shitty uppers go as high at $210 a tix BEFORE fees!

be happy these guys have kept the prices where they have cause they could make it way more and get it for how they have been touring the states

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    edited December 2018
    The argument I see people making is that $130 isn't "bad considering" this, that, how long they play, & what other bands do in comparison.  That's not the point.  $130 is too much for a concert ticket.  And while I am glad that Pearl Jam hasn't followed the trends of other bands charging $200-400 a seat and have managed to kept prices low (comparatively), overall it's still too high for any artist.  I love going to concerts.  I can't afford to see but 1 or 2 a year anymore.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    nycrats said:

I have never spent close to $23 for a movie ticket. That also puts your math at about $80 for borderline fast food? 
    Is your last name Duggar? Do you have 19 kids you're feeding and said restaurant? Because if it is just my wife and I, for $80 we eat pretty well. 
    You're not doing something right if you drop $80 and all you get is borderline fast food.
    The argument I see people making is that $130 isn't "bad considering" this, that, how long they play, & what other bands do in comparison.  That's not the point.  $130 is too much for a concert ticket.  And while I am glad that Pearl Jam hasn't followed the trends of other bands charging $200-400 a seat and have managed to kept prices low (comparatively), overall it's still too high for any artist.  I love going to concerts.  I can't afford to see but 1 or 2 a year anymore.
    but it's not due to the cost of putting on a show these days in an arena or stadium
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I don't think concert tickets are that bad compared to say, sporting events. Has anyone been to a Ranger game at the Garden lately?
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 703
  • igotid88 said:

Those people are running. Shame on them. Ha.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    igotid88 said:

Thought the same! Nothing like waiting in line with people making friends with them and then have them try and trample over you to get closer to Eddie! 

Still think nothing is brewing here for a tour from these hints. 
    mace1229 said:
    nycrats said:

I have never spent close to $23 for a movie ticket. That also puts your math at about $80 for borderline fast food? 
    Is your last name Duggar? Do you have 19 kids you're feeding and said restaurant? Because if it is just my wife and I, for $80 we eat pretty well. 
    You're not doing something right if you drop $80 and all you get is borderline fast food.
    Imax in NJ like $22
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    That latest pic looks like the Berlin O2 Arena (or Mercedes Benz Arena nowadays)
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    mrk2 said:
    That latest pic looks like the Berlin O2 Arena (or Mercedes Benz Arena nowadays)
    Ya that was the 2012 show for sure. 

Still think we need album news before touring news. Looks like we are getting nothing for the first half of 2019 and the second half maybe the same. 
  • mace1229 said:
    I am a little surprised the music industry hasn't collapsed or something. PJ is the only band I'd ever pay $100 to see. My wife wants to see terrible shows like Pink and I look at tickets prices and gag. How does Pink fill up an arena at $200 a ticket?
    I still catch some of my old favorites like Better Than Ezra and Weezer because they are still in the $40 range (about $65 after fees though).

Better than Ezra . . . so good.  totally underrated.  One of fave college bands.  Couldn't quite break through
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    mace1229 said:
    Friggin' Hootie and the Blowfish are going for $130 + fees for tickets in the GA/front of amphitheater sections. I'll Hold my own Hand at that price.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    hihobibo said:
    mace1229 said:
    Friggin' Hootie and the Blowfish are going for $130 + fees for tickets in the GA/front of amphitheater sections. I'll Hold my own Hand at that price.
    Agreed.  I was looking at Hootie tickets too but passed when I saw the prices.  I'll gladly wait and put that $$ towards PJ instead  =)
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    mcgruff10 said:
    nycrats said:

Yeah that s a lot of money!
    That borderline fast food joint must serve good beer.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    igotid88 said:

Just power walking.
    This weekend we rock Portland