"The calm before the storm."

Comments

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    I am not a rail bird myself, and have never won the 1/2 row lottery.  I just greatly appreciated how the 2003 and 2005 tours ran in-particular. For the most part I was row 6 to 10 and that was good by me.

The GA thing is crazy.  I saw adults, like old heading for AARP adults trying to fake their way into the GA section of a Dave Matthews concert last night.  I had massive second hand embarrassment for them.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    I speculate tour... no better way to distract us from the lack of a new album then by touring.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    on2legs said:

JA is finally doing stand-up comedy
    Well played :lol:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Same faces seem to be at the front regardless of GA.

right on. time to go back to seniority seating. :lol: I can only hope.

I'm on board with my high # as long as they charge fair prices.

Throw down tiers at $300 $200 and $100 into the draw then winners go in by club number. Even throw in a $400 tier and let's see who really wants to get closer.

Charging FOH and nose bleeds roughly the same is unamerican /s

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:

Throw down tiers at $300 $200 and $100 into the draw then winners go in by club number. Even throw in a $400 tier and let's see who really wants to get closer.

no way, man. let's keep ticket prices "reasonable".

you can throw down your $400 on a flux capacitor and go back to 91 and join the fanclub.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• $130 for a stadium ticket was not cheap this tour, especially if you didn't have a low 10c number.  That was about $35 more than in 2016. If you want $400 tickets, all you'll see are the rich old fans that go to every show and stand still. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    edited December 2018
    $130 for a legendary band like Pearl Jam is way undervalued.  Sorry folks, it's not 1992 anymore.  They could easily make so much more $$ touring with pricing tiers that aligned better with demand.  To be honest, that's probably why they only play baseball stadiums - to reach the most fans and support the business.  If they charged higher pricing tiers, I guarantee the band would tour a lot more arenas like other legacy acts since the additional $ would support the tour and all of the band's employees without having to do huge baseball stadium novelty/ merch heavy shows.  

The truth will set you free.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited December 2018
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:

you can throw down your $400 on a flux capacitor and go back to 91 and join the fanclub.

Totally. I think I'd finally give up on PJ altogether if they started selling $200 and $300 tickets. Fuck that. They're not U2, thank god.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:

Totally. I think I'd finally give up on PJ altogether if they started selling $200 and $300 tickets. Fuck that. They're not U2, thank god.
    Agreed. There is no reason to sell that expensive of a ticket. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited December 2018
    Obviously I prefer arenas to stadiums but if these ballpark shows keep prices relatively low then keep them coming...maybe just play a few more of them! LA? NYC? Toronto? somewhere in Florida and Texas? ...Vancouver? 
    (That last one is selfishly for me).
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:

We say that now...buuuut would we really?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    U2 isn't all that bad.  I kind of got u2'd out on experience tour in 2015.  They spent a large portion of the show playing in some kind of metal cage/walkway where you could barely see them.  Still.  Every tour I'd seen since 2000 had affordable GA floor seats.   Cheap GA floor tickets, pricey seats.   All you have to do is joint the fan club and get the floor tickets.  Plus the annual fan club gifts are timely and pretty awesome :)
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    edited December 2018
    What if it was Wrigley 13 boots? Or Ball park box set? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:

I once got a pair in the 2000 tour for I think it was close to $300 for Jones Beach 3, Mikes side, can remember exact row # need to dig out ticket.  I was not happy to pay that, but at the time I had no kids and was making enough money to pull it off.  I shudder to do the math on what that would equate to today. 

I would not pay that equivalent today.  

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PJ_Soul said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    MayDay10 said:

We say that now...buuuut would we really?
    No way I d pay $300 to see alive in the second set. 
  • I think that them starting to "legacy act"-charge for tickets aren't that far in the future. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I think that them starting to "legacy act"-charge for tickets aren't that far in the future. 
    I think that is where they are going to lose a lot of fans.  Instead of going to 3 or 4 shows I'd only go to one.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think that them starting to "legacy act"-charge for tickets aren't that far in the future. 
    I think that is where they are going to lose a lot of fans.  Instead of going to 3 or 4 shows I'd only go to one.
    Same. I wouldn't be able to travel and pay prices like that.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    This band has always tried their best to keep ticket prices reasonable. Why are people jumping to conclusions that this is going to change. Same thing for no more arena shows. What are you basing this off of? We just had a NA arena tour 2 years ago and had a Europe arena tour this year. Yes they make a lot of money off of the ballpark shows but that is not the norm for touring from these guys. They are making a new album and I fully expect a coast to coast tour in NA and a full tour in Europe right after. 
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I feel like were already there especially these Wrigley and Fenway shows..sure there are some forced, not so quality renditions of some rarities, but for the most part it's a legacy act moving forward. 
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,874
    PJNB said:
    This band has always tried their best to keep ticket prices reasonable. Why are people jumping to conclusions that this is going to change. Same thing for no more arena shows. What are you basing this off of? We just had a NA arena tour 2 years ago and had a Europe arena tour this year. Yes they make a lot of money off of the ballpark shows but that is not the norm for touring from these guys. They are making a new album and I fully expect a coast to coast tour in NA and a full tour in Europe right after. 
    I like your thinking!  :)
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    vedpunk said:
    $130 for a legendary band like Pearl Jam is way undervalued.  Sorry folks, it's not 1992 anymore.  They could easily make so much more $$ touring with pricing tiers that aligned better with demand.  To be honest, that's probably why they only play baseball stadiums - to reach the most fans and support the business.  If they charged higher pricing tiers, I guarantee the band would tour a lot more arenas like other legacy acts since the additional $ would support the tour and all of the band's employees without having to do huge baseball stadium novelty/ merch heavy shows.  

The truth will set you free.

$130 for an obstructed view seat with zero notification at time of purchase is absurd.

That they charged the same price for front row tickets should be investigated by Muellers office as soon as he is done with his current job 
  • Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    I'd prefer they spend as much time as they need on their next album before touring again.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,874
    I think the new album is closer to being done than we think. They didn’t hit the road at all in 2017 which allowed for ample writing and studio time. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    $130 for any ticket to see anyone is a fucking crime.  No concert ticket should be 3 digits. Ever.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    $130 for any ticket to see anyone is a fucking crime.  No concert ticket should be 3 digits. Ever.
    Dats right...dats right...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • $130 for any ticket to see anyone is a fucking crime.  No concert ticket should be 3 digits. Ever.
    This
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• I still remember seeing pearl jam in Dublin  1996. 16 pounds. Different lifetime back then 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    Even in 03, I think my Uniondale ticket was like $38.