The Official XFL Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    2001 teams: Memphis Maniacs. Orlando Rage. Chicago Enforcers. New York/New Jersey Hitmen. Birmingham Thunderbolts. Los Angeles Xtreme. San Fancisco Demons. Las Vegas Outlaws. 
    I do remember LA Xtreme winning the whole thing

Apparently Vince wants Johnny Football as the face of the XFL.
    He said no one with a criminal background
    He just means black guys who kneel during the national anthem are not allowed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    He Hate Me...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Man I hope this thing fails quickly. Why did we have to get stuck with a team? What a fucking clown show.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    It will still be better than the CFL...so its got that going for it...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    jeffbr said:
    Man I hope this thing fails quickly. Why did we have to get stuck with a team? What a fucking clown show.
    it's not going to be like before
    I miss igotid88
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited December 2018
    Its stupid.

AAF is so much better run, with a much more realistic mission.  

Putting teams in the 8 largest markets possible was foolish.  Trying to be "big league" is foolish at this point.  Going into the largest NFL markets, offering absolutely nothing that the NFL doesn't offer with 4th rate talent, and lack of broadcasting 'infrastructure' the NFL enjoys. 

Is anyone in NYC going to fill Met Life Stadium to support their XFL team, quarterbacked by former Eastern Michigan standout Guy Smiley?  
    They would be better off in mid-sized cities that have room to grow in the realm of pro sports and will come out, flock to the stadium and support a team that puts them on the map.  In New York City and LA, it is a grain of sand on a beach that nobody will care about.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
    Exactly right, MayDay. Put the teams in mid-market cities without NFL teams, but with a solid sports fan base and it might have a shot. Put the teams in NFL cities to compete for fans, and forget about it. It will be weird to root for both teams to lose when I watch a game. lol. Seattle has the Seahawks. We don't need another pro football team here. I'll be rooting for the Seattle XFL team to lose every game, so that they don't extend their short season into the playoffs and potentially conflict with the start of the Sounders season. Even though Sounders have scheduling priority, I don't want that team of football scrubs, has-beens, and almost-made-its to be tearing up the turf. If they have to have a northwest team, put them in Spokane or Portland. 
    This is going to be a summer league. They're not competing with the NFL
    I miss igotid88
    edited December 2018
    He said he wants to compete with the NFL when he started this thing.  The city choices shows that he is deluded that this can and will be 'big time'. 

Cant wait to see all these superstar players willing to put their bodies at risk for that $75,000 salary.

make a regional league in markets that have a hunger for sports (like the AAF did), and work on selling out 8-20K seat venues with enthusiastic crowds, and also provide something that is unique and desireable.  Plant the seeds and grow.  10,000 people is a great crowd for this.  At Met Life it will get swallowed up and be dull, and soon will be a 2,000 person crowd.

I guarantee McMahon saw all these people lying, saying they are done with the NFL because kneeling saw an opportunity to come in and steal serious market share with a league that "respects the flag".  He is wrong.  There isn't any market share remaining.  The AAF is going to fill in fine, is starting sooner, and is in complement and beneficiary to the bottomless infrastructure of the NFL and NCAA.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
    I'd love for it to become a viable competitor of the NFL.  Who wouldn't?  The NFL needs some competition.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I'd love for it to become a viable competitor of the NFL.  Who wouldn't?  The NFL needs some competition.  
    it does have competition: Marriage
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

not in direct competition
    I miss igotid88
    I wouldn't.  Especially given a sleazebag like Vince McMahon's outfit.

The NFL does as well as it can TBH.  More leagues and teams would water down the talent and it would be diminishing returns.  Any actual competitor would just be absorbed into the NFL like the AFL did.  However, the way economics currently are, I do not think there is any possible way for an AFL situation to happen again like it did in 1960.  And this is one rich man who is greedy enough to own all the teams, while the AFL was made up of several millionaires and influential men on par with NFL ownership.

The viable competitor for the NFL will most likely be the NBA.  
    the XFL will fail miserably just like it did the first time. he is a genius rasslin' promoter, but without the bombast and scripted nature of the programming, he is simply out of his element. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

:lol:

What?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    MayDay10 said:
    I wouldn't.  Especially given a sleazebag like Vince McMahon's outfit.

The NFL does as well as it can TBH.  More leagues and teams would water down the talent and it would be diminishing returns.  Any actual competitor would just be absorbed into the NFL like the AFL did.  However, the way economics currently are, I do not think there is any possible way for an AFL situation to happen again like it did in 1960.  And this is one rich man who is greedy enough to own all the teams, while the AFL was made up of several millionaires and influential men on par with NFL ownership.

The viable competitor for the NFL will most likely be the NBA.  
    I do not see the NFL absorbing any of these teams.  When I say compete, I mean more in the sense that the NFL brings about the changes needed to make their game better.  But I get what you are saying.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    What?
    no way I'm explaining this joke with females around. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

What?
    no way I'm explaining this joke with females around. 
    I gotta.  I tried the marriage thing, maybe I shouldn't have watched football all day on Sunday...LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Oliver Luck is the fucking commissioner of this farce?  Jesus Christ.

I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    This is exciting news, guys.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Kevin Gilbride will be the new head coach of the New York XFL team
    I miss igotid88
    think we see a championship game?
    Team names and logos announced tomorrow
    I miss igotid88
    Dallas Junkyard Dogs
    Houston Heels
    Los Angeles Hulksters
    New York Big Shows
    St. Louis Stone Colds
    Seattle Macho Men
    Tampa Bay Warriors 
    Washington Wrasslers
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Dallas Junkyard Dogs
    Houston Heels
    Los Angeles Hulksters
    New York Big Shows
    St. Louis Stone Colds
    Seattle Macho Men
    Tampa Bay Warriors 
    Washington Wrasslers
    Tampa Bay should be the Hulksters since that is where he is from.
    I would have New York maybe keep the Hitmen but Houston Hitmen sounds better So New York gets Degenerates :tongue:

here are the rest of mine:
    Dallas Stone Cold Stunners
    Seattle Shield
    Houston Hitmen
    Washington Warriors
    St. Louis Flairs
    Los Angeles Rocks
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA