albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Mcgruff  again we disagree. It's all about the lyrics and the soul
    I like the ending but the four minute beginning is just a snooze fest.  The song takes forever to build up.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    Inside Job and Come Back both sound like they were written using some "Babys first rock ballad lyrics" play set.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I hear you guys 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    brianlux said:
    I don't know how "unpopular" this opinion is (around here, probably a lot) but to my way of thinking/ hearing, Pearl Jam reached the pinnacle of their career with Riot Act.  In terms of maturity of composition and playing, drive, focus, commitment and balance, to me that album and era is the greatest peak the band has reached. 
    I certainly don't prefer Riot Act over their six previous albums but I do think they were still pushing forward with it and like it a lot. Most songs are, at the very least, interesting - both lyrically and musically. I feel it happened less and less with the next three.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Backspacer is better than Avocado
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    1. Frustration for a band's choice to not tour or record that often is a form of expression.

2. Fans can love the band, fully understand choices made but wish to vent about  repeated inactivity.

3. Posting comments like this with fear of potention  retribution is not cool.

4. Perhaps specific rules violation can be posted when a decision has been made that rules were violated so fans can learn from their errors.

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    1. Frustration for a band's choice to not tour or record that often is a form of expression.

2. Fans can love the band, fully understand choices made but wish to vent about  repeated inactivity.

4. Perhaps specific rules violation can be posted when a decision has been made that rules were violated so fans can learn from their errors.

what's to fear?  it's not like anyone is gonna close this thread.  that doesn't happen here.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    vaggar99 said:

what's to fear?  it's not like anyone is gonna close this thread.  that doesn't happen here.
    Pretty obvious that threads like this can stay alive as long as everyone is respectful. Also do not complain about the same thing over and over.  ;)
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    PJNB said:
    vaggar99 said:

Pretty obvious that threads like this can stay alive as long as everyone is respectful. Also do not complain about the same thing over and over.  ;)

That guy got a little wild with the f word but wasn't sure other than that what the violation was

Its getting challenging coming with new things to whine about. One of the downsides of limited activity ;-)

It's tough knowing limited touring will only drive up demand more (from the incredible level its always been at here in the northeast),  and with ticket distribution policy, it's becoming impossible for high # 10c procrastinators like me to ever land a decent seat. Oh well. There's always inferior acts to go see up close.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    It should be illegal to put anything except multi-colored lights on a Christmas tree. You’re all-white tree isn’t “elegant” or “classy.” On the contrary, Christmas is supposed to be festive, a celebration, not “elegant” or “classy.” 
  • It should be illegal to put anything except multi-colored lights on a Christmas tree. You’re all-white tree isn’t “elegant” or “classy.” On the contrary, Christmas is supposed to be festive, a celebration, not “elegant” or “classy.” 
    While we're at it we should bring back the pagan rituals and rename it to Yule.
    My parent's attic - 2018
    My college dorm - 2019
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    It should be illegal to put anything except multi-colored lights on a Christmas tree. You’re all-white tree isn’t “elegant” or “classy.” On the contrary, Christmas is supposed to be festive, a celebration, not “elegant” or “classy.” 
    Look at Dyer, going all hard core!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • A Christmas tree is an OCD  nightmare
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mcgruff  again we disagree. It's all about the lyrics and the soul
    I like the ending but the four minute beginning is just a snooze fest.  The song takes forever to build up.
    That is a great opener Mike..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Look at Dyer, going all hard core!
    Damn straight! And apparently it’s an unpopular opinion bc every single person I know hates colored lights and they all have an all white fucking tree & all say the same shit. “It just looks prettier.”  No, it looks fucking plain & boring. 
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    To me it’s coloured lights for interior or exterior trees / decorating, but I stand alone in my family on that topic.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    I'm with you.  All-white is lame.  It was a trend maybe 5 to 10 years ago...we're moving back to color, but some folks still have white lights lingering.  You can go all red, all yellow, all blue, only two colors, etc.  But no all-white.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    OnWis97 said:
    I'm with you.  All-white is lame.  It was a trend maybe 5 to 10 years ago...we're moving back to color, but some folks still have white lights lingering.  You can go all red, all yellow, all blue, only two colors, etc.  But no all-white.
    We have all-white lights and it sucks. Sooo boring.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    Tacky as hell to have all the colors and shit. 

Keep Christmas classy.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    agree with this. all white is terrible.

Inside Job live is great

it's time for Pearl Jam to make a great Christmas song.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2018
    OnWis97 said:
    I have never and will never ever put anything but white lights on a Christmas tree, lol. And not modern blue-white ones. Just the nice warm white. I think it looks so nice, and is timeless, not trendy (or untrendy). I don't care if it's elegant or classy. I simply think it's prettiest and makes me feel best when I look at it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Keep Christmas classy.

what would fucking KISS think, man???????????

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• lolobugg said:

Keep Christmas classy.

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited December 2018
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rummy said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I like ice cubes in my red wine. 
    No you don't. That's crazy talk. Please don't tell us that you also refrigerate your red wines!
    You are actually supposed to chill your red in a fridge before opening. 
    It seems that you are correct: https://vinepair.com/wine-101/right-temperature-serve-every-type-wine/

(Although my father-in-law, who was born in rural Italy, would disagree.)
    "ice cold" is 50-60 degrees?
    And the article says most people are wrong in thinking that red wine is served room temperature, it should be 60-70 degrees. Well, isnt room temperature usually about 70 (for me its usually about 65 year round, except in the summer its about 70)?
    So based off this, most people are correct to serve red wine at room temp.
    *just saw others posted the same comments! sorry.

And then there is my sister’s tree. I’m sorry, is this Christmas or are we at a fucking wedding? Thought I taught her better than this. :i_dunno:
    lolobugg said:

Keep Christmas classy.

Kiss are multi-colored fans, HA!

• And then there is my sister’s tree. I’m sorry, is this Christmas or are we at a fucking wedding? Thought I taught her better than this. :i_dunno:
    Why would you use a band like that... and a bow on the top. Haha. Still better than a multicolored chaos though.
    edited December 2018

And then there is my sister’s tree. I’m sorry, is this Christmas or are we at a fucking wedding? Thought I taught her better than this. :i_dunno:
    Why would you use a band like that... and a bow on the top. Haha. Still better than a multicolored chaos though.
    Do you not use garland - or a similar band of decorative trim - in Sweden? It’s common in the US. 
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on