Unpopular Opinions

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    This  forum is now begging for Uranus jokes. As a fan on the older side of the spectrum, I cannot be ridden of 14 yr old thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7NiNErP8sM
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    vaggar99 said:
    ^^^^ lately, space exploration has become the fodder of right wing nuts and dooms-day types.  Think Space Force.  We've been getting data from Mars for several decades now.  And based on it, I am willing to bet there are no Martians.  How much more you need?  And, I certainly have no plans to visit.  
    Doesn’t matter if there are no Martians. That’s not really the point. We have oodles of data on exactly one planet - Earth - and a tiny amount of data on any other rocky planets. If we are going to understand anything about planet formation, which helps guide the search for other potentially livable planets, we need to expand our data. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Not wanting to explore space would be like not wanting to explore the oceans 500-600 years ago.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    all i'm sayin is that Mars is a shithole planet.  hope no martians are offended.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2018
    :lol: Well luckily, Mars isn't the ultimate achievement in this long game. Someday, Mars may just serve as the first pit stop on the way to some place that meets your high standards. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    vaggar99 said:
    all i'm sayin is that Mars is a shithole planet.  hope no martians are offended.
    I'd rather go to one of Saturn's moons.
    Eddie should be on Twitter. 
  • ^^nobody should be on twitter. Thats my unpopular opinion
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    ^^nobody should be on twitter. Thats my unpopular opinion
    why not?  twitter can be kind of wasteland, but at times sort of cool.  where else you gonna interact with old friends like @richardmarx
  • Fair enough. Horses for courses.  I'm old fashioned and I have found facebook/Twitter/Instagram just a pointless habit  that wastes time and causes problems and conflict when it's not their in real life. That s just my veiw. Too easy to be upset and to upset others. I'm good without all of it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Twitter is fine
    what i dont get is instagram
    just bunch of insecure people showing off
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
    Fair enough. Horses for courses.  I'm old fashioned and I have found facebook/Twitter/Instagram just a pointless habit  that wastes time and causes problems and conflict when it's not their in real life. That s just my veiw. Too easy to be upset and to upset others. I'm good without all of it
    i definitely get that point of view.  I've had a twitter account for probably 8-9 years and barely used it until this past summer.  The heat here in TX makes it impossible to get outside at that time, so that's a time when I tend to get caught up in this sort of thing.  Like I mentioned earlier, I find the opportunity to interact with people i admire from afar quite fascinating.  On the other hand, the cynicism and vitriol related to politics eventually wears me down and I have to take a break.
    Twitter is fine
    never been on instagram.  always been curious as to why its such a big deal.  
  • Twitter is fine
    Thats a lot of insecure people then. Its a great place to follow sports pages, artists, etc. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2018
    Twitter is fine
    Just stop following High School students then.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Axl Rose has stolen Eddies crown as rock's most politically vocal band leader.  Irony.
    Twitter is fine
    I agree. Twitter and facebook can have a real purpose. Instagram is just purely narcissistic by design.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I use instagram because I like pictures.  I do use twitter, but sparingly.  It's a fucking cess pool.  Facebook can just fuck off the earth for all I care.  Fuckin Russian ass-kissing mother fucker Zuckerburg.
  • We landed on the moon in 1969. 
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
    We landed on the moon in 1969. 
    :lol:
    Without Brendan Obrien, this thread would not exist.
  • ^^that is a great one
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    T-bone, Rib eye and all those thing are overhyped..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    vaggar99 said:
    Without Brendan Obrien, this thread would not exist.
    If Andrew Wood survived his addiction, this thread would not exist.
  • Let the Records Play is better than the entirety of the pre-1996 discography :^)
    My parent's attic - 2018
    My college dorm - 2019
    Let the Records Play is better than the entirety of the pre-1996 discography :^)
    You must have played Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, and Merkinball an awful lot to become THAT sick of them!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I don't know how "unpopular" this opinion is (around here, probably a lot) but to my way of thinking/ hearing, Pearl Jam reached the pinnacle of their career with Riot Act.  In terms of maturity of composition and playing, drive, focus, commitment and balance, to me that album and era is the greatest peak the band has reached. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• True brian
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• brianlux said:
    I don't know how "unpopular" this opinion is (around here, probably a lot) but to my way of thinking/ hearing, Pearl Jam reached the pinnacle of their career with Riot Act.  In terms of maturity of composition and playing, drive, focus, commitment and balance, to me that album and era is the greatest peak the band has reached. 
    100%

I do think I'm colored by not enjoying "the production" of Avocado though. I remember when WWS dropped I loved the song, but felt it was so different from the Pearl Jam I had fallen in love with. Something with the harshness of it and Eddies voice on it. There's just something I can't really explain that makes Avocado something so different from Riot Act to me. Like a new era with a new sound to everything and a different structure to the songs or something. 

Can't explain it really.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Inside job is pretty damn boring. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......