Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• No. I want to blame the Christian Americans that are frothing at the mouth for the action with their chosen man at the helm.
    Well that’s your interpretation of it. Be it incorrect. 
  • PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Having several hundred trying to bum-rush the border sure doesn't help their cause... and certainly doesn't hurt Trump's message either

Trying to overwhelm and storm through the border by force might even be called an invasion by some 
    nnnnnope.
    Ok bud, tell that to the American public.

Things are a little more complicated than "orange man, bad" 
    they're also a little more complicated than "brown man invasion"
    No doubt, never said any different. 

Canada can hop in and help at any time 
    help with what? y'all out of tear gas? maybe we could give some pointers on how to kick puppies or punch babies until they cry too. 
    from what I've learned here from my canadian friends undocumented immigrants cant get a drivers license, attend school, or get medical care in Canada... even children

Whats that about kicking puppies?

My point is it's easy to Monday Morning QB when it's not your border and not your problem. You think its a bad thing Americans don't want hordes of people just rushing across the border? 

Nobody questions the adults that try to bum-rush the American border by force with children? Its just the evil Americans fault right? What are they supposed to do, high five everybody as they run past them? Lol

A VAST majority of America has no issue with immigration if done legitimately and legally,  but to even discuss it people are quick to label that person as "afraid of the other" or some dumb shit... there is some real Trump Derangement Syndrome going on now, it's either let everyone stampede in or you're a fucking nazi. Ridiculous. 

Keep it up, youre playing right into their hands, and there are more Trumps coming in the future, they will just be better politicians.

Team Trump Treason could have called a cabinet meeting and directed his SOS to work with the OAS and UN to head this off and offer up US aid and assistance.  That’s what a world leader would have done.
    What has the Canadian leader offered?
    They aren't at the Canadian border. :confused:
    They weren’t at the American border either until very recently. I love the arm chair nations telling us how to do it and what we’re doing wrong. 
    I know.

The nerve eh? Telling you that shooting canisters of tear gas at those filthy bastards isn’t cool? Very unchristian of them.
    So you want to blame the border patrol agents for firing tear gas instead of bullets  into people throwing rocks at them attempting to illegally cross the border while using women and children as shields?
    I gotta ask, what would you do if you were in that situation that they border patrol agents were in?
    We'd greet them with Tim Horton's coffee and Timbits of course...
    Oh, they don’t get donuts? You’re doing it wrong. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    It’s a rare thing seeing people speak the truth in that network. When they do, it’s to be commended. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • It’s a rare thing seeing people speak the truth in that network. When they do, it’s to be commended. 
    That's what I'm getting at.  I'm not sure if anything truthful has ever come out of his mouth.

Since you feel that way I will watch this now.
  • It’s a rare thing seeing people speak the truth in that network. When they do, it’s to be commended. 
    Geraldo and the second guy are both spot on. 100% agree.

This whole thing triggers emotions in one way or another.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Having several hundred trying to bum-rush the border sure doesn't help their cause... and certainly doesn't hurt Trump's message either

Trying to overwhelm and storm through the border by force might even be called an invasion by some 
    nnnnnope.

help with what? y'all out of tear gas? maybe we could give some pointers on how to kick puppies or punch babies until they cry too. 
    from what I've learned here from my canadian friends undocumented immigrants cant get a drivers license, attend school, or get medical care in Canada... even children

My point is it's easy to Monday Morning QB when it's not your border and not your problem. You think its a bad thing Americans don't want hordes of people just rushing across the border? 

Nobody questions the adults that try to bum-rush the American border by force with children? Its just the evil Americans fault right? What are they supposed to do, high five everybody as they run past them? Lol

A VAST majority of America has no issue with immigration if done legitimately and legally,  but to even discuss it people are quick to label that person as "afraid of the other" or some dumb shit... there is some real Trump Derangement Syndrome going on now, it's either let everyone stampede in or you're a fucking nazi. Ridiculous. 

Keep it up, youre playing right into their hands, and there are more Trumps coming in the future, they will just be better politicians.

Team Trump Treason could have called a cabinet meeting and directed his SOS to work with the OAS and UN to head this off and offer up US aid and assistance.  That’s what a world leader would have done.
    These guys should maybe sit the next few plays out.

What a stupid argument.
    no, it's not

the central american failed states and ensuing crime is a hemispheric issue, not an American issue... the reason they are coming here is because they know America has generally lax laws and approach to immigration and undocumented immigrants compared to other wealthy nations in the hemisphere... in short, they know social benefits will be available to them and that they and their children can stay if they give birth... that coupled with the presence of a thriving Hispanic culture in America is why they are coming here, but that doesnt mean it should just be America's problem... 

I was honestly shocked to learn from my friends here how tight the Canadian system is compared to us... makes it seem like our sysytem is ripe for abuse and taking advantage of, because frankly it is 

What are the other leaders in the hemisphere doing to help in Central America? What are they doing about the migration crisis? Besides pointing the finger while we do all the heavy lifting, again
    so what is america doing about the immigration issues in Europe right now? 

yeah, makes as much sense. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

What a stupid argument.
    no, it's not

the central american failed states and ensuing crime is a hemispheric issue, not an American issue... the reason they are coming here is because they know America has generally lax laws and approach to immigration and undocumented immigrants compared to other wealthy nations in the hemisphere... in short, they know social benefits will be available to them and that they and their children can stay if they give birth... that coupled with the presence of a thriving Hispanic culture in America is why they are coming here, but that doesnt mean it should just be America's problem... 

I was honestly shocked to learn from my friends here how tight the Canadian system is compared to us... makes it seem like our sysytem is ripe for abuse and taking advantage of, because frankly it is 

What are the other leaders in the hemisphere doing to help in Central America? What are they doing about the migration crisis? Besides pointing the finger while we do all the heavy lifting, again

Different continent in a different hemisphere. You guys are really struggling, because the point is obvious
    Post edited by my2hands on
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

What a stupid argument.
    no, it's not

Different continent in a different hemisphere. You guys are really struggling, because the point is obvious
    how is legally processing a few thousand asylum seekers that difficult, and if the US is so bloody awesome at everything, why do you need canada's help? I thought we were useless little brothers to you folks who need constant protection?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Didn't most of Europe agree to take in thousands of Refugees from Syria?

This doesn't appear to be happening here.
  • Wouldn’t it be great if we could create a gofundme account to help the immigrants fly or boat into Canada to immigrate. All the Canadians here seem to want to help. They have free healthcare there and I’m sure they’re more than willing to accept them considering how they’re talking here. I mean since the horrible US won’t take them. We’ll send you the ones throwing rocks. Then we’ll process the ones truly seeking asylum from violence into the US.
    Didn't most of Europe agree to take in thousands of Refugees from Syria?

so did canada. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

Say's the guy falling for Trump's bullshit.

Anyone with even a basic understanding of this situation knows that Trump's administration caused the events at the border last weekend.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Wouldn’t it be great if we could create a gofundme account to help the immigrants fly or boat into Canada to immigrate. All the Canadians here seem to want to help. They have free healthcare there and I’m sure they’re more than willing to accept them considering how they’re talking here. I mean since the horrible US won’t take them. We’ll send you the ones throwing rocks. Then we’ll process the ones truly seeking asylum from violence into the US.
    That's an interesting assessment. The only one pushing the Canada narrative is a fellow American. Most of the posters from Canada are on the same page with us Americans about how this should be handled. I don't think I've seen anyone suggest those small amounts of immigrants throwing rocks and acting violent be allowed in. Mostly just wondering why the whole "caravan" is being villainized.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Didn't most of Europe agree to take in thousands of Refugees from Syria?

so did canada. 
    You know I just thought of something.  We called the Syrian's "refugees" where as the one in Mexico we call them undocumented looking for asylum.

Weird how we phrase things...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

so did canada. 
    You know I just thought of something.  We called the Syrian's "refugees" where as the one in Mexico we call them undocumented looking for asylum.

I guess, but they mean different things based on their situation. Refugees are typically forced out of their country where as undocumented means they are here illegally, but are claiming asylum because they chose to leave their country. I am more annoyed that we call any human being illegal or alien.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    edited November 2018
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

Anyone with even a basic understanding of this situation knows that Trump's administration caused the events at the border last weekend.
    Lol!! You think that our Border Patrol agents haven’t experienced being assaulted with rocks etc. before. Sorry to inform you, the same thing has happened during previous administrations 
  • Wouldn’t it be great if we could create a gofundme account to help the immigrants fly or boat into Canada to immigrate. All the Canadians here seem to want to help. They have free healthcare there and I’m sure they’re more than willing to accept them considering how they’re talking here. I mean since the horrible US won’t take them. We’ll send you the ones throwing rocks. Then we’ll process the ones truly seeking asylum from violence into the US.
    Good idea! Get it started.

Maybe the church can donate some of the money they typically dedicate to legal costs incurred defending pedophile priests, no? You'd prefer your weekly contributions and your tithe going to such a better cause wouldn't you?

By the way... our health care isn't 'free'. We pay for it with our taxes. We don't mind doing so. We'd hate to see some family suffering because they were saddled with misfortune and couldn't afford medical bills.

Oh yeah... and the ones throwing rocks we don't want either. We'll take the mother and her children that you tear gassed for sure though!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

Lol!! You think that our Border Patrol agents haven’t experienced being assaulted with rocks etc. before. Sorry to inform you, the same thing has happened during previous administrations 
    Educate yourself, you don't even have to read...it will be so easy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/podcasts/the-daily/trump-asylum.html?action=click&module=audio-series-bar&region=header&pgtype=Article
  • dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

Just because Trump has an asshole for a mouth doesn’t mean he hasn’t been trying t to fix the mess that’s become of our immigration system. A caravan of illegal aliens telling him they’re going to jump the line in front of the people that have been going through the process correctly isn’t the way to go for them. They’ll only be met with resistance. Start asking the people who’ve gone through the legal process of immigrating legally. they’re the ones who have a right to an opinion. 
  • tbergs said:

so did canada. 

I guess, but they mean different things based on their situation. Refugees are typically forced out of their country where as undocumented means they are here illegally, but are claiming asylum because they chose to leave their country. I am more annoyed that we call any human being illegal or alien.
    I've heard and used the term illegal alien since I was in grade school.  That is what I heard on the news and in school 35 years ago.  I am trying not to use it but it is a hard habit to break.

Aren't these people "forced" to leave out of fear?  That would count towards asylum I would think?

• dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

Just because Trump has an asshole for a mouth doesn’t mean he hasn’t been trying t to fix the mess that’s become of our immigration system. A caravan of illegal aliens telling him they’re going to jump the line in front of the people that have been going through the process correctly isn’t the way to go for them. They’ll only be met with resistance. Start asking the people who’ve gone through the legal process of immigrating legally. they’re the ones who have a right to an opinion. 
    Maybe Team Trump Treason should be harping on the repub Congress to send him an immigration reform bill that addresses all of the current immigration issues rather than stomping his feet and threatening to shut down the government over funding a wall? You know, show some leadership and act like an adult?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

Maybe Team Trump Treason should be harping on the repub Congress to send him an immigration reform bill that addresses all of the current immigration issues rather than stomping his feet and threatening to shut down the government over funding a wall? You know, show some leadership and act like an adult?

You make it sound so easy. The problem is when you fix one issue, it can create another worse issue. I said it before, I wish we could get rid of all the corruption that’s caused tightening security at our borders. It would be great to have virtually open borders. Think about how great it would be if the US, Mexico, Central, South America and Canada could combine our resources. 
  • dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

You make it sound so easy. The problem is when you fix one issue, it can create another worse issue. I said it before, I wish we could get rid of all the corruption that’s caused tightening security at our borders. It would be great to have virtually open borders. Think about how great it would be if the US, Mexico, Central, South America and Canada could combine our resources. 
    Europe tried that.  I think it was called the EU?
  • dignin said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

I never said it was “easy.” The Dems had a DACA deal with repubs and Team Trump Treason. Until he walked away and decided to use the issue to scare his base leading up to the midterms. It’s a US issue that an adult president showing leadership should be able to resolve, whether through a same party congress or other world leaders. But you know, Team Trump Treason and his cluelessness.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

What a stupid argument.
    no, it's not

how is legally processing a few thousand asylum seekers that difficult, and if the US is so bloody awesome at everything, why do you need canada's help? I thought we were useless little brothers to you folks who need constant protection?
    The issue is a few thousand all at once in a single location. There aren't enough staff to process them, or places to shelter them while they wait. So then what happens? Either we let them in while we process them, most to never been properly processed after that, or make them wait weeks outside the boarder while we go through the thousands. Everything that TJ's mayor is complaining about is exactly what the problem would be wherever this caravan lands.
    We do process thousands without issue, but that is spread over 2500 miles and a few weeks.
    mace1229 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

What a stupid argument.
    no, it's not

The issue is a few thousand all at once in a single location. There aren't enough staff to process them, or places to shelter them while they wait. So then what happens? Either we let them in while we process them, most to never been properly processed after that, or make them wait weeks outside the boarder while we go through the thousands. Everything that TJ's mayor is complaining about is exactly what the problem would be wherever this caravan lands.
    We do process thousands without issue, but that is spread over 2500 miles and a few weeks.
    the US had weeks to prepare. Trump did nothing but stoke fears of an invasion. and then sent the military in (some say illegally). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mace1229 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

What a stupid argument.
    no, it's not

the US had weeks to prepare. Trump did nothing but stoke fears of an invasion. and then sent the military in (some say illegally). 
    Here’s some Canadian info complete with a picture of what it looks like immigrating illegally.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/06/08/canada-warns-immigrants-u-s-heading-north-border/683297002/
    mace1229 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

What a stupid argument.
    no, it's not

Here’s some Canadian info complete with a picture of what it looks like immigrating illegally.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/06/08/canada-warns-immigrants-u-s-heading-north-border/683297002/
    that article pretty much sums up what we're all stating: the US president is fucking this up big time and other countries are actually doing something to try to contain and help the issue. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD