The Proud Boys, The New Republicans?

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Like they say “ once you let the Jeannie out of the bottle “ all these groups have been given the green light by the Orange Baffoon himself ..
    Who gave Antifa the green light? They are the same. I wish the gangs and gang stalkers would  get a life. Do something positive and legal. That’ll keep you busy. 

But but but whatabout....

Antifa is not the same. They are not a hate group.  They are not a terrorist organization.

Antifa's only purpose is to show up and fight fascism wherever it exists.  No fascists, no antifa.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • CM189191 said:
    Like they say “ once you let the Jeannie out of the bottle “ all these groups have been given the green light by the Orange Baffoon himself ..
    Who gave Antifa the green light? They are the same. I wish the gangs and gang stalkers would  get a life. Do something positive and legal. That’ll keep you busy. 

Antifa is not the same. They are not a hate group.  They are not a terrorist organization.

Antifa's only purpose is to show up and fight fascism wherever it exists.  No fascists, no antifa.
    Aha ahahahahahahaha
    You’re not serious right?
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    CM189191 said:

The problem with almost every 'gathering' whether it is meant to be peaceful or if there is perceived confrontation is that Anarchists show up and usually make the liberal/left side of the protest look bad. 

You can spot them easily - hoodie and face covered. They blend in and then out come the anarchy logo with its violence, destruction, looting, etc....  There have been some marches that have prevented them from infiltrating, usually big ones. But they reliably show up year after year, cause after cause, march after march...doesn't matter as long as they can act without care for law, property, safety, etc. They don't believe in government so latch onto any chance to wreak havoc. 

They are usually what is used as the 'violent' argument against a peaceful liberal/left march when they have nothing to do with the cause. They are as annoying AF and that makes them exuberant. 
    njnancy said:
    CM189191 said:

The problem with almost every 'gathering' whether it is meant to be peaceful or if there is perceived confrontation is that Anarchists show up and usually make the liberal/left side of the protest look bad. 

You can spot them easily - hoodie and face covered. They blend in and then out come the anarchy logo with its violence, destruction, looting, etc....  There have been some marches that have prevented them from infiltrating, usually big ones. But they reliably show up year after year, cause after cause, march after march...doesn't matter as long as they can act without care for law, property, safety, etc. They don't believe in government so latch onto any chance to wreak havoc. 

They are usually what is used as the 'violent' argument against a peaceful liberal/left march when they have nothing to do with the cause. They are as annoying AF and that makes them exuberant. 

I'm inclined to agree with most of what you said here...a few bad apples and whatnot.

But that certainly doesn't qualify them as a hate group or terrorist organisation. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:

Aha ahahahahahahaha
    No fascists, no antifa.  Prove me wrong.  
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    CM189191 said:
    njnancy said:
    CM189191 said:

I'm inclined to agree with most of what you said here...a few bad apples and whatnot.

But that certainly doesn't qualify them as a hate group or terrorist organisation. 
    My intention was not to say they were a terrorist or hate organization. I was just making an observation about what happens at demonstrations and how they latch onto liberal groups or groups that are demonstrating against hate groups such as antifah. They are opportunistic and out to raise hell to property and just disruption of civil disobedience. . Is there a mixing of anarchists within antifah? Perhaps, I'm not really sure about that. Doesn't make either of them a hate group. 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    somebody likes f̶a̶k̶e̶ fox news
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    What’s wrong it’s right there on my post as to who gave the green light !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Aha ahahahahahahaha
    **crickets**
  • CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Aha ahahahahahahaha
    **crickets**
    I don't consider people like Ann Coulter and Yiannopolous to be fascists but those two seem to get a rouse out of people.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Aha ahahahahahahaha
    **crickets**
    I don't consider people like Ann Coulter and Yiannopolous to be fascists but those two seem to get a rouse out of people.
    Not fascists...just loved by those those who admire fascists.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • OnWis97 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Aha ahahahahahahaha
    **crickets**
    Not fascists...just loved by those those who admire fascists.
    I like to think that I am well read and woke but then I see comments like yours and I wonder who the hell these people are?

There are people that admire fascists...

Yeah, I need to read more...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Aha ahahahahahahaha
    **crickets**
    They may not be fascists but what they are is publicity seeking trolls who preach a rhetoric based on fear, hate,  ignorance,  jealousy, and lies to those who are simple enough to believe them.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    proud boys.  what a dumb fucking name.
  • vaggar99 said:
    They tattoo it on themselves too.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    vaggar99 said:
    there was a group of 5 of us that were best friends as teens. one of us dubbed us a similar name, equally as stupid. 

but we were teens. not grown ass men. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• vaggar99 said:
    there was a group of 5 of us that were best friends as teens. one of us dubbed us a similar name, equally as stupid. 

Grown?  No.

Arrested development...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    vaggar99 said:

Grown?  No.

Arrested development...
    physically, not mentally. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• vaggar99 said:

Grown?  No.

Arrested development...
    physically, not mentally. 
    I was referring to the Lost Boys...
  • lol, people are trolling him hard!  They neighbors are following his podcast now!

Ha

When are people going to realize that if you say something over the web that EVERYONE has access to it?
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    Imagine having righteous indignation over "Hate Has No Home Here" signs.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    edited January 2019
    OnWis97 said:
    I guess if we wants to live in a place where "hate has a home " he'll have to move to a "sundown town".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundown_town

Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism From Maine to California, thousands of communities kept out African Americans (or sometimes Chinese Americans, Jewish Americans, etc.) by force, law, or custom. These communities are sometimes called "sundown towns" because some of them posted signs at their city limits reading, typically, "Nigger, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On You In ___." Some towns are still all white on purpose. Their chilling stories have been joined more recently by the many elite (and some not so elite) suburbs like Grosse Pointe, MI, or Edina, MN, that have excluded nonwhites by "kinder gentler means." When I began this research, I expected to find about 10 sundown towns in Illinois (my home state) and perhaps 50 across the country. Instead, I have found about 507 in Illinois and thousands across the United States. This is their story; it is the first book ever written on the topic. 
        https://sundown.tougaloo.edu/sundowntowns.php
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • OnWis97 said:
    I guess if we wants to live in a place where "hate has a home " he'll have to move to a "sundown town".

Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism From Maine to California, thousands of communities kept out African Americans (or sometimes Chinese Americans, Jewish Americans, etc.) by force, law, or custom. These communities are sometimes called "sundown towns" because some of them posted signs at their city limits reading, typically, "Nigger, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On You In ___." Some towns are still all white on purpose. Their chilling stories have been joined more recently by the many elite (and some not so elite) suburbs like Grosse Pointe, MI, or Edina, MN, that have excluded nonwhites by "kinder gentler means." When I began this research, I expected to find about 10 sundown towns in Illinois (my home state) and perhaps 50 across the country. Instead, I have found about 507 in Illinois and thousands across the United States. This is their story; it is the first book ever written on the topic. 
    Look into Breezy Point in queens.  Same thing just without the flags flying...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    not all republicans are proud boys, but all proud boys are republicans.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    OnWis97 said:

I have never heard that name before, but my Dad grew up in a sundown town in Ohio and I lived there until I was 3, then moved across the Tuscarawas river to a normal town.  It's actually a string of towns along the river...Gnadenhutten, Tusky, Lock 17, and Port Washington.  
    I have some stories!
    Quick version of a fun one... I'm 21, it's 10pm and a 40 yr old family friend shows up off his ass on acid, rolls a fatty, and says "take me to the bar".  Sweet, let's roll. 
    When we head out of town I'm wondering, where the fuck are we going? There's no bars from here to Coshocton!?  Oh well, adventure afoot, who knows where this goofball is headed, as long as he keeps twisting, I'm in.  
    We pull off into Lock 17 (a town of 200-300) knock on a garage door, and, holy shit this is a legit private bar.  Full bar, cash register, juke box, pool tables, darts, pinball...gotta know the guy to get in.
    Playing pool and I suck, the owner says, "boy, don't you be playing n****r ball in my bar", this is a term to describe defensively leaving the cueball behind your own balls.
    Obviously, I'm ready to leave this place, but acid face doesn't seem to notice, and you have to play it cool in a situation like that.
    Few minutes later he asks me if I've got a girlfriend, and Bobby chimes in that she's hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell (she was, and she still is) so he's all, "you seem like a good kid, you can come back sometime and bring your girlfriend, if you want." Plenty creepy, bad enough, and then he drops the, "as long as she isn't black, we don't like n****rs around here and we get rid of them quick."

East Central Ohio

This is why I laugh my ass off when Canadian professors claim to have the real scoop on why Trump won, and what motivates his supporters.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I was floored when my Dad casually said, "they don't let black people live in Tusky" like it was just common knowledge.  I had no idea.  He explained that nobody will sell or rent to black families, and that if they did, they would be harassed and run out of town.  But that wasn't even necessary, because black people aren't just dying to live in Gnadenhutten or Tusky. 
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:
    I was floored when my Dad casually said, "they don't let black people live in Tusky" like it was just common knowledge.  I had no idea.  He explained that nobody will sell or rent to black families, and that if they did, they would be harassed and run out of town.  But that wasn't even necessary, because black people aren't just dying to live in Gnadenhutten or Tusky. 
    We should start a "Where have you witnessed blatant racism" thread.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    rgambs said:
    We should start a "Where have you witnessed blatant racism" thread.
    That would be pretty interesting, particularly given that many people say it doesn’t exist anymore and black (and First Nations) people need to just “get over it”. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • No wonder they can’t get laid.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©