******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Yo juggler how about that MNF game?  70% passes and 10 of the 41 runs were by the QBs.  Yup still gotta have balance :rofl:
    Ah, yes. Because an anomaly shootout featuring two of the best passing offenses in recent history, with zero defense played, is a good way for every team to base their offense on. (emoticon)
    nah best to base them on the 1980s model of football :rock_on:
    The Rams have a 55/45 pass/run ratio this year. But, yeah....better to cherry pick a shootout to boost your argument. That's like Trump congratulating himself on reaching 50% in the latest Rasmussen poll. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Yo juggler how about that MNF game?  70% passes and 10 of the 41 runs were by the QBs.  Yup still gotta have balance :rofl:
    Ah, yes. Because an anomaly shootout featuring two of the best passing offenses in recent history, with zero defense played, is a good way for every team to base their offense on. (emoticon)
    The Rams have a 55/45 pass/run ratio this year. But, yeah....better to cherry pick a shootout to boost your argument. That's like Trump congratulating himself on reaching 50% in the latest Rasmussen poll. 
    yea but how many of their runs come when they are leading and killing the clock?  I imagine when the games are close they're passing is at a much higher percentage. 
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    yea but how many of their runs come when they are leading and killing the clock?  I imagine when the games are close they're passing is at a much higher percentage. 
    They've played 8 games decided by two scores or less. At quick glance, here are the pass/run ratios in those games:
    P/R
    52/48
    64/36
    56/44
    44/64
    54/46
    71/29
    66/34
    72/28

On avg, about a 60/40 split which is right where I've always said good teams end up (and this has been true ever since you suggested the Eagles throw the ball 70%+ of the time with Michael Vick).
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    They've played 8 games decided by two scores or less. At quick glance, here are the pass/run ratios in those games:
    P/R
    52/48
    64/36
    56/44
    44/64
    54/46
    71/29
    66/34
    72/28

On avg, about a 60/40 split which is right where I've always said good teams end up (and this has been true ever since you suggested the Eagles throw the ball 70%+ of the time with Michael Vick).
    without seeing 4th quarter numbers those numbers still might be a lie.  and it was actually 80% :)
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    P/R
    52/48
    64/36
    56/44
    44/64
    54/46
    71/29
    66/34
    72/28

without seeing 4th quarter numbers those numbers still might be a lie.  and it was actually 80% :)
    If you're scoring at home, this marks the 8th year in row hawks has revived this dumb argument of his.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    P/R
    52/48
    64/36
    56/44
    44/64
    54/46
    71/29
    66/34
    72/28

If you're scoring at home, this marks the 8th year in row hawks has revived this dumb argument of his.
    Scoring at home?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Never stand between The Big Donkey and scoring at home
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    P/R
    52/48
    64/36
    56/44
    44/64
    54/46
    71/29
    66/34
    72/28

if you are scoring at home it's the 8th year in a row running the ball in the NFL gets less and less important. 
    edited November 2018
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    P/R
    52/48
    64/36
    56/44
    44/64
    54/46
    71/29
    66/34
    72/28

if you are scoring at home it's the 8th year in a row running the ball in the NFL gets less and less important. 
    And for the 8th straight year, passing the ball 80% of the time with a qb of Michael Vick's stature, still makes about as much sense as it did in 2010. Looking forward year number nine though. Always exciting!

Edit--by the way, the league average this year is 60/40 pass run ratio (55% in 1st qtr, 59% 4th qtr). It was 58/42 last year, and 59/41 in 2016. See you next year. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2018
    Here is the Eagles’ pass run ratio's per quarter last year:
    55/45 in the 1st
    60/40 in the 2nd
    59/41 in the 3rd
    49/51 in the 4th

chinese-happy.jpg
    Are the Eagles going to be able to field a enough players in the secondary tomorrow?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Are the Eagles going to be able to field a enough players in the secondary tomorrow?
    yay.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Still alive, defense turned it around in the second half and the run game showed up. :clap:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    Still alive, defense turned it around in the second half and the run game showed up. :clap:
    Giants suck at stopping the run
    I miss igotid88
    thankfully the Giants stink and are just a bit dumber than the Eagles were today.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I was so close to leaving that game in the 1st half yesterday but I knew that had it the whole time!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited November 2018
    First time they've stuck to the run since the London game (their last win). Thankfully the Giant's abandoned theirs in the second half. Kudo's to Doug for the game plan (and sticking with it) and not letting this team give up.

Ugly, ugly, ugly.....but, hey- You win next week and they could find themselves in a three way tie for first in this poop division. Go Birds

ps---leave it to Eli to force an interception at a crucial time against this secondary! Oh, how I love thee, Eli Manning. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    First time they've stuck to the run since the London game (their last win). Thankfully the Giant's abandoned theirs in the second half. Kudo's to Doug for the game plan (and sticking with it) and not letting this team give up.

Ugly, ugly, ugly.....but, hey- You win next week and they could find themselves in a three way tie for first in this poop division. Go Birds

ps---leave it to Eli to force an interception at a crucial time against this secondary! Oh, how I love thee, Eli Manning. 
    Nope.  No tie this week.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Cowboys win last night is devastating to the Eagles.  With the Rams and Texans on the schedule along with the Division games it's looking highly unlikely the Eagles can get enough wins to win this division.  hard to believe harry
    edited December 2018
    Yeah. It's not impossible but.... the odds aren't the best. 
    Birds schedule:
    Skins
    @Cowboys
    @Rams
    Texans
    @Skins
    Assuming a loss to the Rams, they have to win the rest. Texans are not world beaters plus it's at home. Just stick to what works, Doug, and let the chips fall where they may. 

Cowboys schedule:
    Eagles
    @Colts
    Bucs
    @Giants

They need to lose to the Colts. And I am not just giving them the Giants game. They always play each other tough and it could be the going away party for Eli so I can see that team being more up than usual. Dallas D is quite good right now though....

chinese-happy.jpg
    Also---FUCK THIS WEATHER. First warm day in weeks on a Sunday the Eagles aren't playing and it's soggy as hell outside.

Denied from golfing yet again. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    think the Birds win big tonight.  34-17.  
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    pjhawks said:
    think the Birds win big tonight.  34-17.  
    i need ertz to have a huge game (for my fantasy teams :wink: )
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Blowout 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Blowout 

1 point blowout at halftime.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    well it's a win and keeps them alive.  Man Ertz is good. Good to see Tate makes some plays as well.

i know it makes the run the ball clowns happy but taking your best player off the field and handing off to an undrafted rookie on 4th and goal is fucking dumb.  can we stop with trying Adams up the middle on 4th and short. it hasn't worked yet.  just stubborn stupid football.  and don't even get me started on giving the ball to Sproles on 3rd and 4. 

I usually like Pederson's aggressiveness but didn't really like going for 2 up 7. I think at times that isn't a bad play but not against a team that has Mark Sanchez as their QB. Make them score 8 to tie.

Schwartz lining his defense up across the 1st down marker on 3rd and long has cost this team at times this year.  he let the Redskins get about 12 yards to setup a field goal for their 1st score.  It also hurts field position doing that all the time.  I think there are times it is effective but I think he is going to that too much.

someone please tell Jason Whitten if you are going to use tired 60 year old cliches at least get it fucking right.  We didn't boo santa we threw snow balls at him.

Balanced offense = another win. 

Loved having Wentz under center more as it opened up more play action opportunities. They had him roll out a lot more too and he’s always so effective on the move. Wasn’t pretty but they’re starting to get into a rhythm again... 

Stick with what works, Doug. 

GO BIRDS. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I wish I knew how to imbed a video from twitter but Jeff Lurie playing cornhole overhand is something to be seen. Actually made it in the hole too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I wish I knew how to imbed a video from twitter but Jeff Lurie playing cornhole overhand is something to be seen. Actually made it in the hole too
    It is like staring at a unicorn.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Will the Birds be in the superbowl this season?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014