Did you vote, yet?

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    unsung said:
    Nothing is going to change.
    She's up by 122 votes.  Your clairvoyance is impressive.  
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I'm talking about daily life.  And thank you.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    Young Kim isn't there.  Simple mistake, I am sure.
    She hasn't been declared a winner, right?  The race is uncalled, but nice try.  
    I'm sure more votes will be found under the bed like AZ and Florida which all are for Democrats, right?

But every vote must be counted, right?
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    I'm sure more votes will be found under the bed like AZ and Florida which all are for Democrats, right?

You speak like someone who has no idea about the mechanics of an election.  In AZ, on election night, the mail in/drop off ballots had not been counted.  That's why only 75% of the votes were in.  There's a Republican gov and Sec'y of State in AZ and neither has claimed any malfeasance, nor has McSally.  But you know better right...  you just know there's a bunch of Mexicans changing their clothes in their portable adobes and going back into vote.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    unsung said:
    no man...huge conspiracy.  She must be getting indicted
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    I had no idea who Young Kim was.
    So I googled it.
    Note the first response...

And down goes another Republican...  This is another pickup seat.  
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/414309-democrat-defeats-gop-lawmaker-bruce-poliquin-in-maine

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    In Canada we have elections Canada who runs the elections, people vote the same way no matter where they live.  How come the US does not create consistency in how people vote?  Also, we just had municipal elections and I was not registered on the voting list ... I went to the polling station, showed my drivers licence, voted and was gone in less than 5 minutes...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    In Canada we have elections Canada who runs the elections, people vote the same way no matter where they live.  How come the US does not create consistency in how people vote?  Also, we just had municipal elections and I was not registered on the voting list ... I went to the polling station, showed my drivers licence, voted and was gone in less than 5 minutes...
    Yeah, it’s cause it’s left up to the states. States rights and all. Personally I’d be for a federal program...and that’s saying a lot :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, it’s cause it’s left up to the states. States rights and all. Personally I’d be for a federal program...and that’s saying a lot :)
    State elections should be left up to the states. Federal elections should be left up to the feds. That is how it works in Canada. Canada Elections doesn't run provincial elections. In BC, Elections BC runs the elections. Meltdown was only talking about federal elections. But of course, we have a different system of government altogether, so I get what he means. Like, while midterms in the US also involve selecting Governors, which is state level, it also elects federal senate and congress members. So the lines are way more blurred during the midterms than they are in Canadian provincial elections, which are completely separate from anything on the federal level, and then federal and provincial governments just do their best to work with one another. Which, humbly, make way, way, way more sense.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    funny that Ed and the other members of the band have little to no social media presence given the state of our humble country.  I keep hearing Ticketmaster in my head...Help me @RichardMarx
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    State elections should be left up to the states. Federal elections should be left up to the feds. That is how it works in Canada. Canada Elections doesn't run provincial elections. In BC, Elections BC runs the elections. Meltdown was only talking about federal elections. But of course, we have a different system of government altogether, so I get what he means. Like, while midterms in the US also involve selecting Governors, which is state level, it also elects federal senate and congress members. So the lines are way more blurred during the midterms than they are in Canadian provincial elections, which are completely separate from anything on the federal level, and then federal and provincial governments just do their best to work with one another. Which, humbly, make way, way, way more sense.
    That is correct.  I was thinking of federal.  Still might not be a bad idea to somehow have the same rules in every state, oversaw by the federal government.  our elections are different that way, we never vote the same day for 2 different levels of government, or at least in Ontario we don't.  If it wasn't for Wynn moving the provincial election date to earlier in the year, Ford might not be premier...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    That is correct.  I was thinking of federal.  Still might not be a bad idea to somehow have the same rules in every state, oversaw by the federal government.  our elections are different that way, we never vote the same day for 2 different levels of government, or at least in Ontario we don't.  If it wasn't for Wynn moving the provincial election date to earlier in the year, Ford might not be premier...lol
    Just to give you guys two very unique examples of states controlling the federal process, that just cropped this election:

In the Maine congressional, each voter ranks their selection of candidates.  If no one gets 50%+1 voter, the top two candidates receive the #2 ranked votes on the ballots where the top two weren't number one.  Then they move on to number 3 and so on until someone gets over 50%.  So it matters who you rank #2.  The Democratic candidate won the election this week based on the number of #2 votes he received, because no one won 50% in the straight ballot.

In the Mississippi Senate, they have to do a run off with the top 2 because no one got 50% in the direct.  That's next week I think.  So yeah, there are some unique systems in place, based on the formation of the original gov't. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Just to give you guys two very unique examples of states controlling the federal process, that just cropped this election:

In the Maine congressional, each voter ranks their selection of candidates.  If no one gets 50%+1 voter, the top two candidates receive the #2 ranked votes on the ballots where the top two weren't number one.  Then they move on to number 3 and so on until someone gets over 50%.  So it matters who you rank #2.  The Democratic candidate won the election this week based on the number of #2 votes he received, because no one won 50% in the straight ballot.

In the Mississippi Senate, they have to do a run off with the top 2 because no one got 50% in the direct.  That's next week I think.  So yeah, there are some unique systems in place, based on the formation of the original gov't. 
    As the courts become more political, I would not be surprised to see both of these challenged in federal court given their impact on left wing third party spoilers.

The process has already started in Maine. 
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/11/15/jared-golden-maine-election-993293
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

As the courts become more political, I would not be surprised to see both of these challenged in federal court given their impact on left wing third party spoilers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/11/15/jared-golden-maine-election-993293
    I don't know anything about the Maine state constitution, but I don't understand where in the federal one, this would be illegal.  The article isn't specific enough to identify why he is suing.  Should be interesting.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

You speak like someone who has no idea about the mechanics of an election.  In AZ, on election night, the mail in/drop off ballots had not been counted.  That's why only 75% of the votes were in.  There's a Republican gov and Sec'y of State in AZ and neither has claimed any malfeasance, nor has McSally.  But you know better right...  you just know there's a bunch of Mexicans changing their clothes in their portable adobes and going back into vote.  
    @unsung? Care to respond? A meme, perhaps?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    vaggar99 said:
    funny that Ed and the other members of the band have little to no social media presence given the state of our humble country.  I keep hearing Ticketmaster in my head...Help me @RichardMarx
    What good does a social media presence do? It's a cesspool, they are wise for avoiding the toxic pit
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

Young Kim lost, so she will not be in the picture. She would not appear in a freshman House picture even if she were elected as she was running as the incumbent. 

Orange County - red to blue.
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't know anything about the Maine state constitution, but I don't understand where in the federal one, this would be illegal.  The article isn't specific enough to identify why he is suing.  Should be interesting.  
    My response would be that he is suing because he lost. If he were the second choice of the majority of the voters; or he won with a clear majority I would bet there would be no lawsuit.

I like the idea of third party candidates having a second choice in case there is not a clear winner with over 50% of the vote. I hate to see someone lose by 1,000 votes when there are 20,000 votes that are just thrown away. It would solve the problem of people wanting to run as a third party and the desire for people to vote for people that are not in 'the two party system'. People get to vote their conscious and then have a second choice when that person, most times, loses. 

It's a more structured version of caucuses. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

Young Kim lost, so she will not be in the picture. She would not appear in a freshman House picture even if she were elected as she was running as the incumbent. 

Woohoo!  Keep the blue wave a crashin'!
  • mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

New England, all blue but for one governor and one senator.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

That governor crosses the street against the light and almost got hisself, his wife and their pizza rundover.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

That governor crosses the street against the light and almost got hisself, his wife and their pizza rundover.
    And turned blue?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

And turned blue?
    We all bleed red. Even the pizza. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

And turned blue?
    What about white pizza?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

Stop being positive you fool, it makes you look like an elitist.

Were supposed to be crying in our beer while trying to get into the mind of a Trump supporter. Otherwise Trump wins 2020.

A simulation of what's going on in a Trump supporter's mind...study it...become it.

usa america GIF
    Soooo unseeable.  
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    Soooo unseeable.  
    If I have to study 'that', I guess I'm headin' for the cliff in 2020. 

But hard to unsee, for me. :sick:
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

And turned blue?
    What about white pizza?
    White pizza don’t matter. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    njnancy said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:
    mrussel1 said:
    unsung said:

And turned blue?
    What about white pizza?
    White pizza don’t matter. 
    All pizza matters.