Donald Trump

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

H2M... work on your quoting... you high already?

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:
    Nobody has a problem with the canadians participating in the discussion... or my Swedish friend

But, having the same group of Canadians constantly bash, stereotype, and name-call my country and it's people, therefore stereotyping me in the process, gets a little fucking old. 

This is a beautiful country filled with beautiful people, it's frustrating to see people lazily stereotype a country of 325 million people... and it is the same group of canadians, and the swede, who constantly do it. Educate yourself or find a new schtick, uf not dont get your feelings hurt when there is push back. That's all i'm saying
    My feelings aren't hurt. Call me down as much as you want.

From the sounds of this post and several others of yours... it sounds like your feelings are a little hurt though.

Your country elected a f**king moron. Deal with it. Don't sit there and say, "Hey. Just cuz we elected a f**king moron... that doesn't mean we're morons." Because... actually... it does.
    You're basically...proving...his point
      My team plays a game that we lose. I don't say, "Hey. Only some of us lost."

That would be something a loser would say. A winner takes responsibility for their performances.

Somewhere in that list of replies is a stat that only 20% of the country voted for him. And what... 22% voted against him? Own it. Go out and do something about it. Nothing was really done at the midterms compared to what should have been done.

The Presidential election is not a popular vote. It's the electoral college that decides. The electoral college is used to give more weight to states that have less people. So even though more people voted for another candidate, Trump was elected. I ain't owning Trump, sorry.
    I understand this.

But a defence to Trump being your president was only 20% voted for him. The actual stat is 19%. And... 20% voted for Hillary.

Ultimately, 80% of the country is responsible for Trump. That's more than just a generalization.
    People who can't be bothered to vote are lazy & irresponsible. People who didn't vote for him find him disgusting. Feel free to generalize about those who voted for him. 

The real person responsible for Trump, though, is Trump. The asshole COULD have made a half ass attempt at being a below average President that didn't destroy the entire republic. But he and his sycophants have decided to take a shit all over the American Constitution. 

I do not own that and I will never own that. 
    If one never felt threatened enough by him to get off the couch and vote... then own it. 80% of your country is responsible for this idiot one way or another. That's a really really significant total.

And Trump is who he is. You knew what you were getting. If you didn't... well... what do you want me to say?
    I didn't vote for the shit head and I am not capable of making anyone vote if they truly do not want to vote and I cannot make a racist asshole not vote for another racist asshole. 

I have to own every single asshole in this country? So that means that you are the same as every single one of your fellow Canadians?

I hate the fact that Trump is President and you can continue to tell me to own it but since I did not, would not, could not imagine voting for such scum then I will not own it. Sorry. 

But if it makes your Canadian mentality feel better to continue to generalize (your words) then by all means, continue to tell me how vile I am. 

When it comes to the president it sure does.

And I never called you vile. I called Trump vile. I'm saying your country asked for Trump... got Trump... your country deserves Trump so good luck with him.

We have Prime Minister Purple Socks who has proven to be a bit of a moron. I voted for him so I'll definitely own him; however, I won't be voting for him again. I'm not stuck on 'party for life' lines. I go with the most suitable candidate for my value system regardless of part.

You are welcome to your opinion. And you can do with it what you like. 
    my2hands said:

Quoting feature sucks if you backspace. See, I just did the same thing.
  • I am doing with my opinion right now as I like: I'm expressing it.

If you don't like what I'm saying... why don't you tell me to sit down like your president did to the reporters that challenged him yesterday?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:

Quoting feature sucks if you backspace. See, I just did the same thing.
    Yeah, it's awful. It's why I never post from a phone anymore.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • my2hands said:

Stoopit quoting on the phone. And stoopit skrolling two. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    I am doing with my opinion right now as I like: I'm expressing it.

If you don't like what I'm saying... why don't you tell me to sit down like your president did to the reporters that challenged him yesterday?
     I don't agree with what you are saying and you have no desire to see things in any way than the way that you wish to see them. I have just come to a point where I find no fruitful way forward in this particular conversation.

You can sit, you can stand, you can do what you wish.

I am not like Trump in any way. 

• njnancy said:

I don't agree with what you are saying and you have no desire to see things in any way than the way that you wish to see them. I have just come to a point where I find no fruitful way forward in this particular conversation.

Speaking of seeing things the way you wish to see them...

I never said you were like Trump. At any point. I'm saying you (you as in your country) asked for him and you got him.
    edited November 2018
    njnancy said:

I never said you were like Trump. At any point. I'm saying you (you as in your country) asked for him and you got him.
    I understand what you're trying to say Thirty.. although I don't see how those who actually specifically worked to keep him out of office anyway they knew how could be included there. Some Americans really did specifically beg America not to ask for him. I do think that some Americans are simply victims in this context. No, that doesn't apply to anyone who didn't want Trump but didn't vote... Nor to those who inexplicably decided to throw their vote away because they were suckers for Trump's extreme anti-Hillary propaganda (not saying people should have love her, but that shit about her being as bad as him and how they couldn't vote against him by voting for her in good conscience is just fucking ridiculous).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    njnancy said:

You told me to tell you to sit down like THE president said to reporters yesterday. I will not do that, I am not like Trump. And I went to college for journalism so I find his attitude towards the press to be disgusting as a matter of civics, manners and professionally. We disagree. I enjoy debate. I do not enjoy beating dead horses. 
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

You told me to tell you to sit down like THE president said to reporters yesterday. I will not do that, I am not like Trump. And I went to college for journalism so I find his attitude towards the press to be disgusting as a matter of civics, manners and professionally. We disagree. I enjoy debate. I do not enjoy beating dead horses. 
    I CAN say that I am embarrassed that he is the President. That I can definitely say.
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

I CAN say that I am embarrassed that he is the President. That I can definitely say.
    Also, I am not a Republican, so I had no say in asking him to be President. As in nominating him for the primaries. 

(Responding to myself is easier than editing)
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

How could you not be? I genuinely feel bad for Americans who are horrified by Trump. It really is a huge embarrassment. If I was American I'd be dying a little bit inside every time he does something horrible and/or ridiculous... so like every fucking day. :frowning:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

How could you not be? I genuinely feel bad for Americans who are horrified by Trump. It really is a huge embarrassment. If I was American I'd be dying a little bit inside every time he does something horrible and/or ridiculous... so like every fucking day. :frowning:
    Several times a day, as he keeps himself in the news constantly. So, yeah, death by a thousand cuts.
  • njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Come on.

That was a little tongue in cheek humour. 

I'm particularly testy today for which I'm sorry. A big mass shooting, a f**king ridiculous press conference, and some really cold weather has me acting like an ass.
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Come on.

I'm particularly testy today for which I'm sorry. A big mass shooting, a f**king ridiculous press conference, and some really cold weather has me acting like an ass.

I'm stuck in another damn quote!!!

ACK! No problem, we all have our days. 

Can we discuss who did his make-up for the press conference?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited November 2018
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Come on.

I can’t even imagine what you crazy ass canucks do all day in your sub zero weather. It was 54 degrees here today and I took a nice joG in shorts and a t shirt. At 54 degrees you guys are probably breaking out the bikinis and sun screen. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    my2hands said:

Dude, seriously.. WTF is wrong with you today?  
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Dude, seriously.. WTF is wrong with you today?  
    I was joking with Halifax, he has had issues quoting lately

Lighten up, Francis ;)
    Post edited by my2hands on
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Come on.

I can’t even imagine what you crazy ass canucks do all day in your sub zero weather. It was 54 degrees here today and I took a nice joG in shorts and a t shirt. At 54 degrees you guys are probably breaking out the bikinis and sun screen. 
    I actually don't know either - I haven't even put on a coat yet this season. Sometimes I feel a little left out of the Canadian experience, having no connection at all to all this complaining about living with freezing cold weather. I actually to have to purposefully go seek it out most of the time, lol.
  • my2hands said:

Ah, he’s just picking on my words. But, so far today, I’ve been told to relax, accused of being high and something else forgettable. Maybe if I were high, I’d be relaxed and I’d remember?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Come on.

I actually don't know either - I haven't even put on a coat yet this season. Sometimes I feel a little left out of the Canadian experience, having no connection at all to all this complaining about living with freezing cold weather. I actually to have to purposefully go seek it out most of the time, lol.
    Forgive for asking since I am a teacher and should everything and anything about the world but Vancouver winters are pretty mild?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Come on.

Forgive for asking since I am a teacher and should everything and anything about the world but Vancouver winters are pretty mild?
    It's pretty damn cold in my neck of NJ today. I have to go turn the heat up. 

So...Vancouver...
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Come on.

Yes. It's quite an event if it snows, and even just a couple centimetres of snow causes chaos on the roads. If we get a really rare heavier snowfall, like more than a few inches, shit gets hairy. Public transit ceases to adequately function, people get stranded on the roads, etc. :lol: We are complete idiots when it comes to winter driving because we never have to do it normally, and most people don't bother investing in winter tires because there isn't enough snow and ice to justify the cost and bother. I'd say that we get snow perhaps a few times a winter, but it usually melts pretty fast. It is actually fairly rare for the temperatures to go below freezing during the day - the average temps in the winter are more like 4C - 8C (39F - 45F). Of course we get the rare cold snap - like clear and sunny and -5C or whatever, but it's considered abnormal whenever it happens, and it's kind of a big deal. I remember one year, maybe in 2007, that this one night when I went to a Canucks game it was -19C with the wind chill!!! That's the coldest it's even been here in my lifetime, and we almost died going home. :lol:
    Some people don't mind their entire country getting stereotyped as moronic racists in here every day... some people call that bullshit out,  because i sure as fuck am not a moronic racist and neither are the people i know, including the Trump voters i know

Name calling, demonization, stereotyping, and elitism have run rampant in here since November 2016, myself included... newsflash folks, union households didn't flee Obama for Trump in the midwest because of racism... they left because the Democrats abandoned the working class and embraced neoliberalism and the coastal elites... and people are still trying to figure out what happened?  racism! sexism! morons!... keep telling yourself that

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-18/obama-goes-from-white-house-to-wall-street-in-less-than-one-year

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/09/18/after-failing-prosecute-bankers-obama-cashes-wall-street-speeches

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/barack-obama-speeches-fee-wall-street-latest-a7954156.html

https://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/obamas-recent-speeches-include-administration-connected-private-equity-firm

my2hands said:

Ah, he’s just picking on my words. But, so far today, I’ve been told to relax, accused of being high and something else forgettable. Maybe if I were high, I’d be relaxed and I’d remember?
    I was not commenting on your words, you have been failing at quoting, that is all. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Accused you of being high? Dude, it was a  joke.
    my2hands said:
    Some people don't mind their entire country getting stereotyped as moronic racists in here every day... some people call that bullshit out,  because i sure as fuck am not a moronic racist and neither are the people i know, including the Trump voters i know

Name calling, demonization, stereotyping, and elitism have run rampant in here since November 2016, myself included... newsflash folks, union households didn't flee Obama for Trump in the midwest because of racism... they left because the Democrats abandoned the working class and embraced neoliberalism and the coastal elites... and people are still trying to figure out what happened?  racism! sexism! morons!... keep telling yourself that

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-18/obama-goes-from-white-house-to-wall-street-in-less-than-one-year

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/09/18/after-failing-prosecute-bankers-obama-cashes-wall-street-speeches

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/barack-obama-speeches-fee-wall-street-latest-a7954156.html

https://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/obamas-recent-speeches-include-administration-connected-private-equity-firm

I agree that generalization should not be used. You should consider not using the term coastal elites as it portrays everyone who lives on the east or west coast as a monolith and that is not true.
  • my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

I was not commenting on your words, you have been failing at quoting, that is all. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Accused you of being high? Dude, it was a  joke.
    Bro, I know. And the quote feature and scrolling on the phone is horrendous.

Brilliantati©
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:

Omg, you're just ignoring everyone, and have invented your own narrative. You may as well be talking to yourself at this point. And you seriously don't even care what anyone actually thinks. You've basically stuck your fingers in your ears and are yelling "I can't hear you!"
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    my2hands said:

Bitch, be cool...
This discussion has been closed.