The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I hope it becomes legalised in Australia.
    I want to try it without fearing breaking the law and where I know it's a good strain not mixed with something nasty.
    Plus I have no idea how people buy it here (i.e. how they know who sells it).
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Green Wave in Michigan

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Hi! said:
    Green Wave in Michigan
    Congratulations! B)
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I want to try it without fearing breaking the law and where I know it's a good strain not mixed with something nasty.
    Does Australia have medicinal Cannabis?  Whether its legal or not I was smoking it.  Been smoking for years illegally until I got a script.  But I never smoked where I was at a high risk of ever being pinched by the cops.  Usually smoked in a private residence.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Hi! said:
    Green Wave in Michigan
    Congrats Michigan.  Hopefully, Cannabis retail stores open.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Does Australia have medicinal Cannabis?  Whether its legal or not I was smoking it.  Been smoking for years illegally until I got a script.  But I never smoked where I was at a high risk of ever being pinched by the cops.  Usually smoked in a private residence.
    Not yet. Pushing to have medicinal legalised. Our country is backwards in some regards.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Are you even allowed to grow in your condo if you wanted to? Here renters and stratas are allowed to ban home growing because of the potential damage it can do to the units, and/or because of fire hazards with grow lights.
    Very good points.  Here in Ontario rental companies have been banning smoking and vaping within a rental unit and on their property.  The smoking I understand, the vaping makes no sense.  I'm not even sure about smoking.  
    Yeah, the vaping makes no sense at all. If I lived in a place that banned vaping I'd just vape anyhow though. Nobody would know the difference.
    My own building (owned by a very large rental management company that also owns its buildings, based in Toronto) have banned growing of any kind, but we're still actually allowed to smoke cigs and weed, as long as it's in our own units (including the balcony). We're just not allowed to smoke anything in public/shared areas of the building.
    I can understand banning the growing, indoor growing causes mould problems.  At least your building is not overstepping and allowing smoking of both.  Part of the reason I needed to buy a house as opposed to renting was the banning of smoking indoors.  I'm old school, I still prefer smoking Cannabis.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Thanks to some measures that seem to be passing, we may soon be able to buy cannabis without a doctor's slip at dispensaries in my county instead of having to waste gas to drive 49 miles (one way) to Sacramento.  At least something appears to have gone well here this election in this, the second most conservative county in California. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Are you even allowed to grow in your condo if you wanted to? Here renters and stratas are allowed to ban home growing because of the potential damage it can do to the units, and/or because of fire hazards with grow lights.
    Very good points.  Here in Ontario rental companies have been banning smoking and vaping within a rental unit and on their property.  The smoking I understand, the vaping makes no sense.  I'm not even sure about smoking.  
    Fortunately, we own our place and doubt smoking would ever be banned in our building.  For growing, I've only seen that illegal or hazardous plants aren't allowed, so we're in the clear!  Not sure I'm up for the hassle, cost and now risk (?!) associated with it.
    Growing indoors can cause mould issues.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Proposal 1: Marijuana legalization passes in Michigan
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/06/marijuana-legal-michigan-results/1835274002/

Congrats Michigan.  Hopefully, as more states go legal, eventually the federal government will as well.  Keep the momentum going.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Fortunately, we own our place and doubt smoking would ever be banned in our building.  For growing, I've only seen that illegal or hazardous plants aren't allowed, so we're in the clear!  Not sure I'm up for the hassle, cost and now risk (?!) associated with it.
    On a commercial scale it's an issue, but a personal grow shouldn't have any problems with mold. 
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Bob Mould has issues with indoor grows?

https://youtu.be/8MdhsCeasBQ
    rgambs said:
    hedonist said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    On a commercial scale it's an issue, but a personal grow shouldn't have any problems with mold. 
    I have no doubt what you are saying is correct.  As a user, if I owned rental property I would ban growing.  I’m not risking my investment that amateur growers will do it right as to avoid damage.  I’m fine with people growing on their own properties or in their own home.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    NYS flipped the State Senate Democrat for the 2nd time since WWII.  State assembly retained by Democrats.  Cuomo has a recreational bill due in January.  

Its happening. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    ...looking forward to the annual family vacation in northern MI next year...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Not cool....
    Im gonna look into building my grow room tonight. =)

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Live resin 4 life!!!!

I just read in the Detroit Free Press, it's legal 10 days after the election results are certified.  Does not sound like retail stores till 2020.  But they will no longer arrest and charge people for pot possession...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Michigan will become the 10th state in the nation and the first in the Midwest to legalize marijuana for recreational use, joining California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Colorado, Nevada, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine and Washington, D.C

congrats to michigan !!
    West coast bullsh*t, corrupting the Midwest 
    Wax, wax, wax!!!!!!!

You are opposed to legalization.  Why?  It's far safer than alcohol and tobacco, both legal products.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    You are opposed to legalization.  Why?  It's far safer than alcohol and tobacco, both legal products.
    I do not want children getting a hold of it.  This will definitely make weed more accessible.  I used to steal cigarettes and alcohol from my parents as a teen, didn’t you?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I do not want children getting a hold of it.  This will definitely make weed more accessible.  I used to steal cigarettes and alcohol from my parents as a teen, didn’t you?
    I would MUCH prefer my kids smoke weed than get drunk. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    CM189191 said:
    ...looking forward to the annual family vacation in northern MI next year...
    Just make sure you pick up in the LP before you get there.  The UP made medicinal all but impossible by restricting where you can have dispensaries - I see similar happening with it now being completely legal.  That said, huge win.  Nice to see the tide turning on this.  

Not cool....
    What's not cool about it? 
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    Tonight I will celebrate by smoking a nice bowl of some Tangerine Dream topped with a little piece of cured resin while listening to Sirens on repeat.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I was able to get weed in the late 70s.  When there's a will...

As to your assessment of it being corrupt, so be it.  I know many who see / live it differently, for a variety of reasons.
    I never stole booze from my dad.  It would not be very well tolerated.  Both parents had quit smoking before they had me.  I am in support of kids being prescribed Cannabis if it can help with a condition they might have, like seizures.  Many parents have claimed Cannabis has stopped or reduced seizures in their children.  Listen, everything you have been told or think you know about Cannabis that leads to you wanting it still illegal is false.  I have no kids, but if I did and they were going to use a substance to high, I would hope they choose Cannabis.

Do you still think the government and the FDA have your interest at heart?  The opioid epidemic says no.  That goes the same for my country as well.  The nearest big city to me never had a homeless crisis until so many people got addicted to opioids and ended up unemployable and unable to pay bills.  You may really want to re-think your opposition to Cannabis.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    :lol:

You can't be serious.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?