Making a Murderer (Crime-Docu similar to West Memphis Three case)

12345679»

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    https://www.amazon.com/Indefensible-Missing-Steven-Halbach-Murderer/dp/0786041145

I would highly recommend this book if this case interests you.  I was convinced that Avery was innocent after the first documentary.  Then, once I read this book, convinced of his guilt.

Season 2 raises a lot of questions but one question I have is why doesn't the new attorney address any of the items in this book?  There were key facts that were not addressed in either season 1 or season 2.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    https://www.amazon.com/Indefensible-Missing-Steven-Halbach-Murderer/dp/0786041145

I would highly recommend this book if this case interests you.  I was convinced that Avery was innocent after the first documentary.  Then, once I read this book, convinced of his guilt.

Season 2 raises a lot of questions but one question I have is why doesn't the new attorney address any of the items in this book?  There were key facts that were not addressed in either season 1 or season 2.  
    What are the cliffs notes? I just finished the second season and I think he's got a great shot at getting out if this goes to a retrial. Lots of compelling evidence against him not being the killer...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • https://www.amazon.com/Indefensible-Missing-Steven-Halbach-Murderer/dp/0786041145

What are the cliffs notes? I just finished the second season and I think he's got a great shot at getting out if this goes to a retrial. Lots of compelling evidence against him not being the killer...

Yes. Do tell please!
    "My brain's a good brain!"

A lot of it relates to Dassey's confession.  The documentary didn't provide a real complete story on that...they edit some of his interviews to make it look like he was innocent but the police had interviewed him several times and he confessed.  

I'm pretty sure both Dassey and Avery talked about how they had been cleaning the garage that afternoon.  Dassey had bleach stains on his jeans that his mother noticed and talked about with police.  

Avery had called Halbach two times before she showed up where he blocked the caller ID.  He then called her once around 445pm without using called ID.  Police assume he did this to try and attempt to put out a story that she had never shown up at his house.  He made 14 calls that day and only used called ID block on those two calls.

Avery called AutoTrader on Nov 3 (Halbach was killed Oct 31) and told them that Halbach had never shown up ...he said that she had called him and left a message that she wouldn't be able to make it.  This is before the police found the car on his property, etc.  Just a few hours later, Avery told Colborn (from Sheriff's office) that he saw Halbach take the picture from his window but he never talked to her.  Avery's story changed the next day, he said he did talk to her and that she actually came in his trailer to get payment.

Just a few of the many items discussed in the book

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • https://www.amazon.com/Indefensible-Missing-Steven-Halbach-Murderer/dp/0786041145

A lot of it relates to Dassey's confession.  The documentary didn't provide a real complete story on that...they edit some of his interviews to make it look like he was innocent but the police had interviewed him several times and he confessed.  

I'm pretty sure both Dassey and Avery talked about how they had been cleaning the garage that afternoon.  Dassey had bleach stains on his jeans that his mother noticed and talked about with police.  

Avery had called Halbach two times before she showed up where he blocked the caller ID.  He then called her once around 445pm without using called ID.  Police assume he did this to try and attempt to put out a story that she had never shown up at his house.  He made 14 calls that day and only used called ID block on those two calls.

Avery called AutoTrader on Nov 3 (Halbach was killed Oct 31) and told them that Halbach had never shown up ...he said that she had called him and left a message that she wouldn't be able to make it.  This is before the police found the car on his property, etc.  Just a few hours later, Avery told Colborn (from Sheriff's office) that he saw Halbach take the picture from his window but he never talked to her.  Avery's story changed the next day, he said he did talk to her and that she actually came in his trailer to get payment.

Hmmm.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

Hmmm.
    If this documentary interests you I highly recommend that book.

As I said....I wish Zellner would have addressed those items.  I don't feel like she did.

Hmmm.

As I said....I wish Zellner would have addressed those items.  I don't feel like she did.
    Wouldn't the forensic evidence Zellner uncovered be more relevant than the stuff you mentioned though? 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Hmmm.

Wouldn't the forensic evidence Zellner uncovered be more relevant than the stuff you mentioned though? 
    I think it all has to be considered.  But, as I said, I don't understand why Zellner wouldn't have addressed the items in that book.  

Also....given that the book was written after the first documentary, and points out the omitted evidence that was significant, I am not sure what would have been left out of the second documentary.

Hmmm.

I think it all has to be considered.  But, as I said, I don't understand why Zellner wouldn't have addressed the items in that book.  

Also....given that the book was written after the first documentary, and points out the omitted evidence that was significant, I am not sure what would have been left out of the second documentary.
    Interesting....
    chinese-happy.jpg

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    little late to actually watching this but with the whole quarantine thing going on and no work not much else to do.

I'm halfway through part 2 now. Wow, this is pretty insane. I was about 50/50 he may have done it by the end of part 1 but now i don't think he or his nephew were involved. His new lawyer is really good.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    little late to actually watching this but with the whole quarantine thing going on and no work not much else to do.

I'm halfway through part 2 now. Wow, this is pretty insane. I was about 50/50 he may have done it by the end of part 1 but now i don't think he or his nephew were involved. His new lawyer is really good.

So I finished this last night. Damn!  Branden should have been released (and i don't think he had anything to do with it). Steve most likely is innocent.

Now the question is, who really did it? At first I thought it was the ex-boyfriend, Ryan (and maybe her roommate knew more than what he said). But after watching the last few episodes maybe it was Bobby? And i do think the stepdad was also involved. As well as the police. Why was Teresa's brother the main spokesperson for the family? He seemed kinda shady for some reason. BTW he now works in the Green Bay Packers office.

Well they are both still in prison. Hoping there's a season 3 and also a solid conclusion to this case.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

so....if you have just watched recently and want some more...check out the book I refer to above