Saudi Arabia...

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    dignin said:
    Systemic racism doesn't exist?

Look at the voter purges in Georgia and tell me systemic racism doesn't exist.
    Is that racism or are they targeting Democratic voters....or is assuming they are democratic voters racist to start with?  ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • unsung said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

I've been to Canada... it's as white as a fresh snow fall... funny the % of blacks in Canada wasnt listed

400 years? Wtf does 400 years ago have to do with "blacks are being systematically targeted for demise" in 2018???

True Systemic racism, which this country has definitely had as part of its history, would have never allowed people of color to rise to such positions of power as they have recently... no it doesn't erase 400 years of injustice, no shit sherlock, but it does prove that the systemic racism that this country once had is mostly a thing of the past. Are there still instances of injustice? Of course. Is work still needed? Of course. Is criminal justice reform still needed? Absolutely. But show me the modern day segregation laws? Slaves still running around here like 400 years ago? White/black diners, restrooms, hotels, court rooms? Think a black hip hop star and football star would have been invited to the oval office 100 years ago?

Again, thanks for the 7th grade civics lesson... maybe you should go back and listen to the words of Barack and Michelle on this subject and how far modern America has come. Or keep focusing on the past and projecting it on 2018. 

Also, the data, which again I'm very familiar with, is also flawed in a lot of instances and there us now way I'm trying to break this issue down fully on a rock bands message forum. So how on not providing a thesis and no I'm not having a 30 page debate about this. Mandatory minimum laws skew the sentencing results. Prior convictions usually are not factored into the sentencing disparages. Etc, etc, etc. And I provided FBI arrest data for the last year that was available, sorry it doesn't fit your narrative so you think it's bad data? Lol

I'll be staying out of here a while... it's the same group of people chasing each other around harassing and ganging up on people they disagree with... people have PM'd me to thank me, and the lack of folks coming to your support is telling... I've been watching it a while but now decided to say something... have fun stewing in your own toxicity and biting the head off anyone that disagrees, I'm sure I'll be labeled a racist for my lack of white guilt

Want to talk about racism, let me drop you off in a neighborhood 5 minutes from here and let's see how that data helps you... trust me when I tell you that you would be targeted just because of the color of your skin and would likely have a few issues, if you fucking made it out. You would be the one targeted for demise lol

Anyway, you guys should go into the BLM store andvsupportbtgem by purchasing a coffee mug or baby onesie, I'm not stopping you or judging you. 

Also, keep up the elitist schtick,  call everybody racist, and get shocked again on election day, I don't give AF the country is a joke to me.

See you soon, I'll let you guys get back to following around unsung and harassing him. Peace.

I'll just leave this... the same "data" you're using to prove a systematic conspiracy to target blacks for demise, show HUGE disparity in the same areas between how men & women are treated in the CJ system... so does that prove men are being systematically targeted for demise? Um, of course not. It may show some level of bias, but bias is not the same as "systematic targeting for demise"... anyway, I've already wasted enough of my life going in circles with you guys, take it easy out there in the lilly white suburbs, I'm going to go discuss this with some of my black colleagues who work in the justice system, keep staring at the freshman year data lol
    Triggered.
    Weak.  And usually used by someone that is being a jerk or worse.  I'm not sure which I hate more, snowflake or triggered.

I mean what does triggered really mean?  That you (the general you) were such a jerk and unwilling to listen etc, etc that someone finally got fed up?  I think that says more about the person doing the "triggering" than the person that's "triggered".  

The tea party and Team TrumpTreason demonization of education, scholarship and facts is clearly working. Funny how you haven’t condemned the terms “triggered” and “snowflake” until now. 
    Right, because anybody that disagrees with you or has a different view than you is an idiot, right? You have a strangehold on the truth, anybody that disagrees is uneducated and is oblivious to the facts? 

Get off your high horse, you're nothing but an AMT bully that follows around posters you disagree with and harass and talk down to them. You used to be cool, but that's all you do now, strutting around here like you know everything and your shit doesn't stink. You stifle discussion and debate on here all of the time with your bullshit. In short, stop being such an asshole with people that disagree with you or have a different worldview, you're nothing special. You talk and discuss things in person like you do here? Lol, I sure hope not
    One hundred percent agree, He used to be cool to talk to but that has all changed.  Hell I even wanted to get beers with him but something changed.  He has become the one person he despises the most, he is this boards President Trump.
    To quote Unsung.............................................
    What are you talking about?  How do I get brought up?  Obsessed much?
    Wow, you really are paranoid. Remember your “posting in code?” Get it? Oh, maybe not.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    dignin said:

Is that racism or are they targeting Democratic voters....or is assuming they are democratic voters racist to start with?  ;)
    It is in fact well-established that there has been a demonstrable ongoing suppression of black and other minority voters in several states. Let's not pretend such things aren't going on. That's not helpful. I know you don't like that any more than anyone else.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

It is in fact well-established that there has been a demonstrable ongoing suppression of black and other minority voters in several states. Let's not pretend such things aren't going on. That's not helpful. I know you don't like that any more than anyone else.
    I didn't say it wasn't happening.  Sheesh.
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

Well, I mean, it seems reasonable to think it was what you were hinting as at least being possible with that post... I took it to mean that you were saying perhaps the suppression of minority voters is simply the targeting of democratic voters. While the two do go hand in hand because minorities tend to vote Democrat (it's not like they'd be doing it if they were all voting GOP), it wouldn't be even close to true unless white Democratic voters are also being systematically targeted, and that doesn't seem to be the case, does it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

Well, I mean, it seems reasonable to think it was what you were hinting as at least being possible with that post... I took it to mean that you were saying perhaps the suppression of minority voters is simply the targeting of democratic voters. While the two do go hand in hand because minorities tend to vote Democrat (it's not like they'd be doing it if they were all voting GOP), it wouldn't be even close to true unless white Democratic voters are also being systematically targeted, and that doesn't seem to be the case, does it?
    I even added the smiley like I thought you told me to in another thread! :)

hippiemom = goodness
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

Oh, see, I took mr. winky to only apply to the last part, not the first part, lol. I think you need emoji lessons! :lol:;)
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

Oh, see, I took mr. winky to only apply to the last part, not the first part, lol. I think you need emoji lessons! :lol:;)
    At least one of us does...it wouldn't surprise me if it was me. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

At least one of us does...it wouldn't surprise me if it was me. 
    Come on though... that first question was serious, wasn't it?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    my2hands said:
    Won't back down, eh? How brave of you. 

So what part of your posting, in the past couple of pages, shows you to be any different than what you accuse others of? Calling people assholes and making pointed personal insults doesn't qualify you as a "bully"?

"Some bias may exist".

:weary:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:

But it’s against minority’s black Hispanics native Americans ! What would you call it if not racism as plain as daylight and how come you don’t see the GOP do this to the white Democrats ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    What happened to our great administration and Pompeo getting to the bottom of this , the body has been discarded as if it was a bag of trash ..
    yet the fucking prince and the Baffoon get to crap in golden toilets ..
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Wasn’t that journalist a Saudi citizen killed Turkey...if that is the case then this up to Turkey to get to the bottom of.  No country is going to do anything to Saudi Arabia...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Wasn’t that journalist a Saudi citizen killed Turkey...if that is the case then this up to Turkey to get to the bottom of.  No country is going to do anything to Saudi Arabia...
    Well, if we really gave a flying fuck, we would be pressuring the situation and following up, but you know, oil.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Vile and disgusting.

The body of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi was “dissolved” after his murder and dismemberment at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, an adviser to the Turkish president has said.

“We now see that it wasn’t just cut up; [the Saudi suspects] got rid of the body by dissolving it,” Yasin Aktay, an adviser to Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and an official in Turkey’s ruling party, told the newspaper Hurriyet on Friday.

“According to the latest information we have, the reason they cut up the body is it was easier to dissolve it. They aimed to ensure no sign of the body was left,” said Aktay, who was a friend of the dissident Saudi writer. “Killing an innocent person is one crime, the treatment and extent of what was done to the body is another crime and dishonour.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/02/jamal-khashoggi-body-dissolved-acid-erdogan-adviser

It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Well, if we really gave a flying fuck, we would be pressuring the situation and following up, but you know, oil.
    Exactly Oil.  Saudi Arabia can bitch slap the world and will get away with it...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    American resident holds a green card not a citizen but lived here in the greatest country in the world and still a human being so yeah we should be doing everything to get to the bottom of it but since the baffoon & prince are the best of buds this killing will be swept under the rug ...
    American resident holds a green card not a citizen but lived here in the greatest country in the world and still a human being so yeah we should be doing everything to get to the bottom of it but since the baffoon & prince are the best of buds this killing will be swept under the rug ...
    LOL ... The murder did not take place on US soil.  That's the difference.  Does your government intervene every time a US citizen is killed outside of her borders...unlikely?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited November 2018
    LOL ... The murder did not take place on US soil.  That's the difference.  Does your government intervene every time a US citizen is killed outside of her borders...unlikely?
    Who's talking about intervening? The discussion is about reacting, not intervening. It's not like anyone's suggesting someone be arrested by American authorities.
    Intervening means to have stepped in and stopped the killing that’s not what I mean more like calling the price out maybe a sanction or two but I agree as long as we suck on Arabia oil tit it will never happen just like when Israel does something most of the world sees as criminal we will never call them out ...
    Intervening means to have stepped in and stopped the killing that’s not what I mean more like calling the price out maybe a sanction or two but I agree as long as we suck on Arabia oil tit it will never happen just like when Israel does something most of the world sees as criminal we will never call them out ...
    Intervening, as in intervening in the ensuing investigation.  Why not first let Turkey investigate...Turkeys seem plenty pissed off, but can they do anything?  The Saudi embassy is technically is Saudi soil ... or at least that's how I understand most countries view their embassies.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Actually, it’s pretty routine for the government to get involved when a citizen or landed immigrant gets killed in another country, especially when sensitive political issues are involved. We are this reported on all the time. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    https://apple.news/AQczZ36gtQFyQD9YAWs4vug
    Baffoon is running the bootleg for the prince ..
    Baffoon refusing to listen to audio tape of killing lol what an honorable American president ...
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    vaggar99 said:
    He's right, Americans don't care about khassogi. 

That's not what this is about.  This is about an allied government killing a member of the press.  And trump defending it.  

This is a direct assault on Americans news media, freedom of speech and and the 1st amendment.

Question is: Where are all the people who insist they need 2A to protect the other amendments?  Where are all the oath keepers hollering  we need to stand up to our tyrannical leader?  *crickets*
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • CM189191 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    He's right, Americans don't care about khassogi. 

That's not what this is about.  This is about an allied government killing a member of the press.  And trump defending it.  

This is a direct assault on Americans news media, freedom of speech and and the 1st amendment.

Question is: Where are all the people who insist they need 2A to protect the other amendments?  Where are all the oath keepers hollering  we need to stand up to our tyrannical leader?  *crickets*
    They’re chuckling to themselves that if only Khashoggi had a CCP and gun strapped to his waist, another in his shoe and a third one in the small of his back, he’d still be alive.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©