The Proud Boys, The New Republicans?

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Well look, someone got a lawyer!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Well look, someone got a lawyer!
    He looks angrier without his 'scraggly beard'.  Good to know whose inspecting the steel at the WTC. :confounded:
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Click on the pic and go to the twitter thread (or whatever they call them on Twitter). Some pretty funny comments there. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited October 2018
    Click on the pic and go to the twitter thread (or whatever they call them on Twitter). Some pretty funny comments there. 
    Oh, ty, that was one hysterical rabbit hole I fell down. :rofl:

(And it's the comments section)
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Oh, this is WAY too entertaining!!!!!

Please, stop, I cant breathe!!! 
    I would love if you would explain. Because I'm finding it a little difficult to figure out where you stand overall, just because you're focusing on stuff like Hillary and GW, which makes little sense to me. :confused:
    Here's my take on my2hands for what it is worth, based on observations over the years. M2H is a liberal. He is a progressive. He does not support Trump. He did not vote for Trump. He's also not necessarily a party guy, but certainly isn't a Repub, nor is he a conservative.
     What he is doing, although many see it as trolling (and it may very well be), is pushing back against the standard Dem or liberal response here on the AMT. He's challenging Dems to get past making fun of Trump and/or belittling Trump supporters, and be more introspective. Dems will not win a national election by ignoring the electorate. Dems will not win a national election by being scholarly and elitist. Dems need to be more grassroots (as Bernie demonstrated), and get their supporters engaged and excited. Dems need to listen to people who reside between the 2 coasts. Dems need to be inclusive, rather than alienating. As long as Dems continue the theme of the past couple of years, they will have trouble reaching critical mass in elections. 

M2H, if I'm misrepresenting, I'm sure you'll correct me. Maybe this is all me projecting. But I do believe that the Dems need to change the way they campaign and talk to voters if they have any hope of winning a national election. Trump demonstrated that you can be clueless on policy, can have a tenuous grasp on reality, and can be a racist, misogynistic boor, but still win the country if you say the right things to the right groups of voters. Had Hillary spent any time with her constituency in the middle of the country, had she displayed any sort of human emotion, had she merely set foot in certain key states, she would have been a shoe-in. Instead, because her campaign and the DNC didn't understand the importance of the populists in the rust belt, here we are. And if the Dems don't learn any lessons from 2016 they're doomed to repeat their failures in 2020.
    pay the man

Me, a trump supporter, because I point out that blindly labeling 60 million people as racists, sexist, morons is not only wrong, but the exact reason they lost in the first fucking place... its blatant elitism, and is only getting worse... not just here, everywhere 

If you've got someone more progressive than me I'd like to sit down and talk to them... Brian Lux is likely... but not many others

My enemy, he looks just like me........
    Why or where do you get the 60 million Team Trump Treason supporters/voters are racists (as so called by the elistist liberals)? Again, you're the only one saying that.
    That's all I ever hear.  Racists biggots, assholes.  Take your pick...
  • my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

I would love if you would explain. Because I'm finding it a little difficult to figure out where you stand overall, just because you're focusing on stuff like Hillary and GW, which makes little sense to me. :confused:
    Here's my take on my2hands for what it is worth, based on observations over the years. M2H is a liberal. He is a progressive. He does not support Trump. He did not vote for Trump. He's also not necessarily a party guy, but certainly isn't a Repub, nor is he a conservative.
     What he is doing, although many see it as trolling (and it may very well be), is pushing back against the standard Dem or liberal response here on the AMT. He's challenging Dems to get past making fun of Trump and/or belittling Trump supporters, and be more introspective. Dems will not win a national election by ignoring the electorate. Dems will not win a national election by being scholarly and elitist. Dems need to be more grassroots (as Bernie demonstrated), and get their supporters engaged and excited. Dems need to listen to people who reside between the 2 coasts. Dems need to be inclusive, rather than alienating. As long as Dems continue the theme of the past couple of years, they will have trouble reaching critical mass in elections. 

M2H, if I'm misrepresenting, I'm sure you'll correct me. Maybe this is all me projecting. But I do believe that the Dems need to change the way they campaign and talk to voters if they have any hope of winning a national election. Trump demonstrated that you can be clueless on policy, can have a tenuous grasp on reality, and can be a racist, misogynistic boor, but still win the country if you say the right things to the right groups of voters. Had Hillary spent any time with her constituency in the middle of the country, had she displayed any sort of human emotion, had she merely set foot in certain key states, she would have been a shoe-in. Instead, because her campaign and the DNC didn't understand the importance of the populists in the rust belt, here we are. And if the Dems don't learn any lessons from 2016 they're doomed to repeat their failures in 2020.
    pay the man

Me, a trump supporter, because I point out that blindly labeling 60 million people as racists, sexist, morons is not only wrong, but the exact reason they lost in the first fucking place... its blatant elitism, and is only getting worse... not just here, everywhere 

If you've got someone more progressive than me I'd like to sit down and talk to them... Brian Lux is likely... but not many others

Why or where do you get the 60 million Team Trump Treason supporters/voters are racists (as so called by the elistist liberals)? Again, you're the only one saying that.
    I don’t think all 60 million Team Trump Treason voters are racists, bigots and misogynists but a surprising percentage are clearly that. I think that’s the 37% that make up his base. I also don’t hear much about dem candidates running around and campaigning on that or impeachment. They’re running on the issues and associating their opponents with Team Trump Treason’s draconian policies and treatment of people. There are a lot of Team Trump Treason voters with regrets, moderated repubs and butt hurt Bernie bros mostly. Listen to Kasich. Listen to former Bush Administration folks. And looming in the background is Team Mueller’s indictments.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

pay the man

I don’t think all 60 million Team Trump Treason voters are racists, bigots and misogynists but a surprising percentage are clearly that. I think that’s the 37% that make up his base. I also don’t hear much about dem candidates running around and campaigning on that or impeachment. They’re running on the issues and associating their opponents with Team Trump Treason’s draconian policies and treatment of people. There are a lot of Team Trump Treason voters with regrets, moderated repubs and butt hurt Bernie bros mostly. Listen to Kasich. Listen to former Bush Administration folks. And looming in the background is Team Mueller’s indictments.
    Kasich should have won the Rep platform but the US wanted something different...

But again, all I read and hear is what a typical Trump supporter is.  You only have to read a few of these pages and it's there.

This was supposed to be about The Proud Boys and the new look Republicans, lol.  

Oh well, at least people are talking.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

pay the man

Is anybody listening to the man? He's speaking the truth here
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

pay the man

Kasich should have won the Rep platform but the US wanted something different...

But again, all I read and hear is what a typical Trump supporter is.  You only have to read a few of these pages and it's there.

You live in a major east cost metro, don't you?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:
    my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

pay the man

You live in a major east cost metro, don't you?
    Correct.

I'm waiting for the second part now...
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm quite certain neither you, nor my2hands has lived between the Rockies and the Appalachians.
    If you did, you'd have an entirely different take on it.

This past year, I had to cancel a tree trim and a roof repair because I discovered that the owners/purveyors were harcore racists.
    I turned the tree trimmers away when they pulled in with large Confederate flags painted on their company trucks, even the chipper had one.
    The guy I met at the gym who re-shingled my roof turned out to be a full white supremacist covered in AB tattoos.  Really regret giving him a few thousand dollars.
    America is full of millions of racist bigots who were just dying for a man like Trump to get them back out to the polls.  If you want to hide your head in the sand and pretend it isn't so because you think that will win coming elections, I'm the elitist here to tell your also elitist asses that you are dead wrong.
    The silent(ly racist) majority has been awoken and pretending they don't exist will not beat them.  We have to awaken our own silent majority of minorities and youth to beat them, and making them confront the reality of this highly racist and stupid country is the only way to get it done.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

pay the man

When you support a racist or a racist agenda in any way, shape, or form that makes you a racist as well.

When you support evil you are evil as well

Namaste'
  • rgambs said:
    I'm quite certain neither you, nor my2hands has lived between the Rockies and the Appalachians.

This past year, I had to cancel a tree trim and a roof repair because I discovered that the owners/purveyors were harcore racists.
    I turned the tree trimmers away when they pulled in with large Confederate flags painted on their company trucks, even the chipper had one.
    The guy I met at the gym who re-shingled my roof turned out to be a full white supremacist covered in AB tattoos.  Really regret giving him a few thousand dollars.
    America is full of millions of racist bigots who were just dying for a man like Trump to get them back out to the polls.  If you want to hide your head in the sand and pretend it isn't so because you think that will win coming elections, I'm the elitist here to tell your also elitist asses that you are dead wrong.
    The silent(ly racist) majority has been awoken and pretending they don't exist will not beat them.  We have to awaken our own silent majority of minorities and youth to beat them, and making them confront the reality of this highly racist and stupid country is the only way to get it done.

You said what I believe and I see it all the time as well. But I was trying to be nice and give a wee little bit of the benefit of the doubt. Bully.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    rgambs said:

You said what I believe and I see it all the time as well. But I was trying to be nice and give a wee little bit of the benefit of the doubt. Bully.
    Yup the east coast is so enlightened and it’s the Midwest / south that are full of racists.

you can’t walk 1 block where I am without encountering a racist!!!  Wait...you can.  But it’s true these people exist and likely exist in areas where they haven’t had as much interaction with another race, religion, etc.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

pay the man

When you support a racist or a racist agenda in any way, shape, or form that makes you a racist as well.

When you support evil you are evil as well

Namaste'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xMyecoZerM

• rgambs said:

Yup the east coast is so enlightened and it’s the Midwest / south that are full of racists.

you can’t walk 1 block where I am without encountering a racist!!!  Wait...you can.  But it’s true these people exist and likely exist in areas where they haven’t had as much interaction with another race, religion, etc.  
    Whoever claimed the east coast doesn’t have racists. At least I’m aware enough to know that the Klan is very active in CT and MA. Ever been to NH? They’re everywhere and I’ll bet most voted and continue to support Team Trump Treason.

Care to define “enlightened?” Seeing how you’re using it as a knock?

#standuptostupid because Stupid is what’s dragging this country down.

Brilliantati©
  • rgambs said:

I have lived in Pennington Gap Va,  Uniontown PA, Burlington Iowa, Lubbock Tx to name a few, so Yes I have.   I can ramble off another dozen in those areas if you'd like then I'll give you my back story to explain all the moves...

I have met all kinds of people.  Hippies, Rural, inner city, backwoods, cornfed, liberal, conservative, free minded, racist, religous, demonic, ex-cons, you name it.  I've met them all living here in the US.  Not everyone was a certain type.  Everyone was different.  I'm sorry that you have such shitty luck and running into racist people.  Maybe you should move as it sounds like the area you are in is infested.

That being said I have heard and read, so I will agree with you, that Trump becoming President has "awakened" the supremacist voices, but I hate painting the republicans with a broad stroke and labeling them all racist.  That is just wrong.
    rgambs said:

I have lived in Pennington Gap Va,  Uniontown PA, Burlington Iowa, Lubbock Tx to name a few, so Yes I have.   I can ramble off another dozen in those areas if you'd like then I'll give you my back story to explain all the moves...

I have met all kinds of people.  Hippies, Rural, inner city, backwoods, cornfed, liberal, conservative, free minded, racist, religous, demonic, ex-cons, you name it.  I've met them all living here in the US.  Not everyone was a certain type.  Everyone was different.  I'm sorry that you have such shitty luck and running into racist people.  Maybe you should move as it sounds like the area you are in is infested.

That being said I have heard and read, so I will agree with you, that Trump becoming President has "awakened" the supremacist voices, but I hate painting the republicans with a broad stroke and labeling them all racist.  That is just wrong.
    I don't think of Trump supporters as Republicans. They are almost a party (cult) unto themselves. I knew all about Trump because of where I live, have even crossed paths with him pre-birther era. Not personally, just passing because of the nature of working in NYC. Anyway, he  isn't even a Republican and a lot of the people who voted for him only knew of him from his tv show and rallies & had a different take on him than people from the NY/NJ area who have heard stories about him for decades. At least that's what I think. I never liked him but I never thought of him as being so divisive until he embraced the birther movement. I was repulsed by him from that point on.

There are a lot of excellent human beings who are Republicans and some of them are the strongest opponents of Trump because of his disregard for the Office of President and his takeover of their party. Decent human beings are decent human beings - their political background does not a racist make. 

Racists live everywhere and Trump has absolutely awoken white supremacists and misogynists. I don't associate a political party to racists. 

My only problem is with Republicans who still enthusiastically support him - the base - even though he forsakes a lot of the Republican Party platform. And they give him a pass or root him on when he acts in a divisive, boorish manner. In a manner that is a danger to the fabric of our democracy. And I even have to qualify that because the base is made up of people who are of many different political backgrounds.

I do hold the Republican Party that is in power and remains silent in the face of the denigration of democratic values responsible. Power to get their agenda through and pack the courts is more important than the country being torn apart. The cowardice that is shown by most, but not all, of Republican office holders during the Trump era is revolting and they will pay a price for it at some point; either morally, personally or professionally. 

The events of the past couple of days have been a glaring example of how Republicans in power and the base of the Trump cult do not care about a Pro-Trumper sending bombs to people the President has childishly/dangerously attacked in his rallies and twitter feed. There has been no acceptance that the toxic stew Trump has created can nudge a nut job to possibly assassinate everyone that Trump makes fun of. He calls for political violence, fake news, lock her up - it is disgusting. He embraced a 'false flag' cause for the bombing attempts even though he was informed of who the bomber was yesterday. And there is no outcry from the Republicans in power. They might as well be Proud Boys. 

Those people, not every person who is a registered Republican, are culpable for the backwards direction this country has taken. The bar has been lowered to allow behavior that is abhorrent. A lot of Republicans do not recognize their own party. Trump has opened the door to hate of all kinds to become mainstream. 

Rant over...

njnancy said:
    rgambs said:

I don't think of Trump supporters as Republicans. They are almost a party (cult) unto themselves. I knew all about Trump because of where I live, have even crossed paths with him pre-birther era. Not personally, just passing because of the nature of working in NYC. Anyway, he  isn't even a Republican and a lot of the people who voted for him only knew of him from his tv show and rallies & had a different take on him than people from the NY/NJ area who have heard stories about him for decades. At least that's what I think. I never liked him but I never thought of him as being so divisive until he embraced the birther movement. I was repulsed by him from that point on.

There are a lot of excellent human beings who are Republicans and some of them are the strongest opponents of Trump because of his disregard for the Office of President and his takeover of their party. Decent human beings are decent human beings - their political background does not a racist make. 

Racists live everywhere and Trump has absolutely awoken white supremacists and misogynists. I don't associate a political party to racists. 

My only problem is with Republicans who still enthusiastically support him - the base - even though he forsakes a lot of the Republican Party platform. And they give him a pass or root him on when he acts in a divisive, boorish manner. In a manner that is a danger to the fabric of our democracy. And I even have to qualify that because the base is made up of people who are of many different political backgrounds.

I do hold the Republican Party that is in power and remains silent in the face of the denigration of democratic values responsible. Power to get their agenda through and pack the courts is more important than the country being torn apart. The cowardice that is shown by most, but not all, of Republican office holders during the Trump era is revolting and they will pay a price for it at some point; either morally, personally or professionally. 

The events of the past couple of days have been a glaring example of how Republicans in power and the base of the Trump cult do not care about a Pro-Trumper sending bombs to people the President has childishly/dangerously attacked in his rallies and twitter feed. There has been no acceptance that the toxic stew Trump has created can nudge a nut job to possibly assassinate everyone that Trump makes fun of. He calls for political violence, fake news, lock her up - it is disgusting. He embraced a 'false flag' cause for the bombing attempts even though he was informed of who the bomber was yesterday. And there is no outcry from the Republicans in power. They might as well be Proud Boys. 

Those people, not every person who is a registered Republican, are culpable for the backwards direction this country has taken. The bar has been lowered to allow behavior that is abhorrent. A lot of Republicans do not recognize their own party. Trump has opened the door to hate of all kinds to become mainstream. 

Rant over...

Oh, Burning Man is on my bucket list and since I have lived in the same town for almost my entire life - I could use someone like you if I ever get to BM, tempo. 
    He forsakes a lot of the Republican platform?

Tax Cuts
    Deregulation
    Conservative SCOTUS x2
    Borders & Immigration
    Military Spending 
    Etc...

He is the GOP's wet dream.... and will have the support of most Republicans moving forward in 2018 and 2020
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    my2hands said:
    He forsakes a lot of the Republican platform?

Tax Cuts
    Deregulation
    Conservative SCOTUS x2
    Borders & Immigration
    Military Spending 
    Etc...

He is the GOP's wet dream.... and will have the support of most Republicans moving forward in 2018 and 2020
    As long as the economy is stable & growing I’d say yes his support will grow to make it a slam dunk in 2020 , every thing else that he does is irrelevant to his supporters & good portion of Americans...
    He has been proven correct whe he stated he could get away with anything! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited October 2018
    my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

pay the man

Let's not pretend it's not a large percentage of his base. I don't think it's as high as 37% but I would venture to guess it's 25-30%. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    It's more than the economy...

While everyone is screaming and yelling he has been able to succesfully advance the GOP/Conservative political platform as noted above... 

He clearly has not forsaken the GOP platform, he has embraced and successfully implemented it actually
  • my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

pay the man

Let's not pretend it's not a large percentage of his base. I don't think it's as high as 37% but I would venture to guess it's 25-30%. 

That's 12-15 million people! 12,000,000.

That's a lot of racists and didn't think there was that many of them.  If that is truly the case then we as a nation have a lot more evolving to do...
    my2hands said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

pay the man

That's 12-15 million people! 12,000,000.

That's a lot of racists and didn't think there was that many of them.  If that is truly the case then we as a nation have a lot more evolving to do...
    I think those numbers are fairly accurate. It's not 60,000,000 like some have said on here. But 15M is a lot of people...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    edited October 2018
    OnWis97 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

That's a shame.  Because while I don't know who the nominee's going to be, I do know that that person will be labeled "elitist" and successfully accused of ignoring the real America.

It's true that they can't just get on a podium and say "Trump's a piece of shit" and win.  They can't even win by pointing out all the things we waste our time pointing out here.  America has proven that it's OK with these.  What they need most of all is their next Obama.  Someone without 25 years of being hated, someone with few skeletons in their closet, and someone with the personality to pull people off the couch on election day.  And I have NO idea who that is.  It's not Joe Biden.  As much as I'd enjoy seeing surly Joe run up the score against that clown in the debates, I think his personality rubs people the wrong way. Obama came across as positive, not cynical.  Maybe the Dems are further along than I think...because there's no value to hinting at it for a while.  Whoever it is will instantly become Public Enemy Number 1 for nearly half the country.  And might even get locked up after the election.  The Dems would be smart (quite a change) to not have a lot of time for that vilification to build up.
    nearly half the registered voters in this country are independent or unaffiliated. only 25% each or so are either repub or dem. this isnt to say that a good portion of independents wouldnt feel that way about soneone like biden, but it isnt half the fucking country.

important to also note 43% of the registered voters chose not to exercise that right last time. Some 90 million people.......
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited October 2018
    I think Biden would have a chance and can make a compelling argument if he runs and vows to only serve one term...which I think he would do considering his age. 

Barring impeachment (!), after this current dope who has never stopped running for president, that will be a welcomed change.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Like they say “ once you let the Jeannie out of the bottle “ all these groups have been given the green light by the Orange Baffoon himself ..
    Who gave Antifa the green light? They are the same. I wish the gangs and gang stalkers would  get a life. Do something positive and legal. That’ll keep you busy.