NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    Big fan of Bojack Horseman 
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Norm Macdonald's show looks good. Comes out Friday. 

Other than Ozark and Narcos, which I'm kind of on hiatus with at the moment, I find myself watching a bunch of Office returns. Those first five seasons were so well done. 
    The Office is amazing.

I recently watched all 4 seasons of Highway to Heaven. :lol: It was actually pretty good! Nostalgic.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    PJ_Soul said:
    Norm Macdonald's show looks good. Comes out Friday. 

Other than Ozark and Narcos, which I'm kind of on hiatus with at the moment, I find myself watching a bunch of Office returns. Those first five seasons were so well done. 
    The Office is amazing.

I recently watched all 4 seasons of Highway to Heaven. :lol: It was actually pretty good! Nostalgic.

Threat Level What?!

My mom used to watch that back in the 80's. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Okay, this is on Amazon, but has anyone watched The Marvelous Mrs Maisel?  It is amazing.  So frakkin funny.  I didn’t recognise the name of the main character, Mrs Maisel, nor the guy who plays her husband, but the majority of the other characters are all prodigious character actors.  On the surface, it’s about a female comedienne in 1950s NYC, but there is a lot more than that to unpack over the eight episodes of season one.  Highly recommend.  The jokes still land!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    MMM is indeed very funny
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    23scidoo said:

I second this.
    Highly entertaining and strange.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Chefs Table has new episodes...love this show
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    The first season was incredible.  But everyone knows that they're both still in jail so I'm not really dying to watch the 2nd season.
    Watched the first episode of The Haunting of Hill House. It was excellent. Great cast.
    Big fan of the director, Mike Flanagan.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Watched the first episode of The Haunting of Hill House. It was excellent. Great cast.

Watched the first two. I like the little references to the book. Good stuff. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Watched the first two. I like the little references to the book. Good stuff. 
    I never read the book. Wow, episode 3 is absolutely fantastic.
    I finished The Haunting of Hill House last night. Yeah, great show. The end is maybe a bit rushed, but still...
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Took me a minute at first to realize the dude from Treme is in this.

I'm hooked!  Just started the sixth episode; this is not a daytime / bright light watch for me.  Gotta set the mood and all.
    Thru 7 episodes of The Haunting of Hill House and its prob the best thing I've watched in a long time. Episode 6 is a master class in directing/cinematography. The long complex extended shots and acting were phenomenal. 
    This show has it all. Deep characters mixed with horror and genuine sadness at times. The story telling is fantastic.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    My son wanted to watch with me but it kind of freaked me out (not big on horror films, love horror novels - go figure). He didn't give me time to think about it and is fully engrossed in it. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    i need to get on this.  everyone says it's great.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    i need to get on this.  everyone says it's great.
    Me too..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    edited October 2018
    Watched 'FAT' last night.  Loved it.  Informative, and absolutely beautiful w/locations/filming.
    SALT FAT ACID HEAT

edited October 2018
    Evil Genius - documentary about the people involved with the incident of the pizza guy who died with an elaborate bomb around his neck, watched a Dateline show last night that spoke with his family members and I never realized how much more was involved so I'll be watching this.

Making of A Murderer 2 started streaming last night. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • With Anthony Perkins. Feels like Star Trek Episode.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    The first season was incredible.  But everyone knows that they're both still in jail so I'm not really dying to watch the 2nd season.
    I wound up watching the entire second season yesterday. It's a roller coaster and leaves me with even more questions. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Binged on Haunting of Hill House this weekend.
    It was great, and I agree with many other posts. The first 5 episodes were my favorite, still very good after that. My only disapointment was the last episode. Some said it was rushed, I didnt think so. It was more like answering questions I didn't even had. Still really good, but I compare it to the director's cut of Lord Of The Rings. You think everything is wrapping up, but that movie still went on for another hour and half. That's how I felt, could have done a little less of the side story in the finale.
    mace1229 said:
    It was great, and I agree with many other posts. The first 5 episodes were my favorite, still very good after that. My only disapointment was the last episode. Some said it was rushed, I didnt think so. It was more like answering questions I didn't even had. Still really good, but I compare it to the director's cut of Lord Of The Rings. You think everything is wrapping up, but that movie still went on for another hour and half. That's how I felt, could have done a little less of the side story in the finale.
    I love the reviews of this shared here...ordered the book and want to read that before watching.
    mace1229 said:
    I kind of agree with this. I think they hand fed you a little too much where leaving some to your imagination would have worked a little better. Still an excellent production, with great directing and excellent acting.
    In episode 6, I several of those long scenes were over 15 minutes, 1 take and no edits. Amazing stuff.
    edited October 2018
    I'm one of the people who said the ending was rushed. And I think so because I thought it needed more for what you, mace, called the side story in the finale. I was actually interested in that, and wanted more detail there, which is why I thought it was rushed, lol. They could have added another full episode or two and dealt with it all properly instead of trying to cram it in there the way they did.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Powerpuff Girls meets RuPaul's Drag Race

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited October 2018
    Watched Being Human - never knew they had produced a  fourth season, not sure if it was aired separate from Netflix. Very happy that I caught it on Netflix cause so much was unresolved after season 3. Love the show, wish they could have gone on but it had come full circle.  

Watched a couple episodes of Schitt's Creek and I surprisingly find it interesting. I don't usually find comedies I like but this is absurd enough to work for me. About 4 episodes into season 1. Anyone else see this?