Kaepernick

Comments

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    You're goddam right... Go Brownies!!  

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    my2hands said:
    Oh shit, he went there
    too soon?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:
    Come on man, you could at least consider deleting the post, unsung.  
    Making too much of it.
    I've moved on.  Steal softly through sunshine, steal softly through snow.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    unsung said:

To prevent deleting I'm going to quote it and be brief that I worked close enough  to the Pentagon  to feel for and hear the explosion as the plane crashed  into the building and a few minutes later as I evacuated my building to drive by and see the smoke, the flames, the first responders. 
    This is not a day for those who live a sad life of fear, hate, and ignorance to put out their unfounded conspiracy  theories. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    unsung said:

To prevent deleting I'm going to quote it and be brief that I worked close enough  to the Pentagon  to feel for and hear the explosion as the plane crashed  into the building and a few minutes later as I evacuated my building to drive by and see the smoke, the flames, the first responders. 
    This is not a day for those who live a sad life of fear, hate, and ignorance to put out their unfounded conspiracy  theories. 
    I imagine it to be a very sad life, indeed.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I wasn't going to delete it.  It's been 17 years, waiting 17 years and a day should not make a difference.  Sure, let's discuss why the official report is BS...tomorrow.  

Meanwhile for everyone else...

unsung said:
    I wasn't going to delete it.  It's been 17 years, waiting 17 years and a day should not make a difference.  Sure, let's discuss why the official report is BS...tomorrow.  

Meanwhile for everyone else...

I'm sure we must have a mile-long 9/11 conspiracy theory thread somewhere.  In any case, my take is- bad timing (unless you just like pissing people off) and wrong thread.  HTF did we go from taking a knee to... never mind- pointless question. 

AMT business as usual.   I should laugh.

OK, I'll laugh.

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

On that note isn't bending the knee considered more subservient than standing?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    unsung said:
    Or more respectful, which is why he chose kneeling rather than sitting, to demonstrate he wasn’t  being disrespectful to the flag, the anthem, or the military, but was still protesting police brutality. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    unsung said:
    Or more respectful, which is why he chose kneeling rather than sitting, to demonstrate he wasn’t  being disrespectful to the flag, the anthem, or the military, but was still protesting police brutality. 
    Don't  forget that it was a military veteran who suggested he take a knee.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:
    you'll never hear a MAGAT admit to this. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:
    you'll never hear a MAGAT admit to this. 
    Quite an unusual insult.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    my2hands said:
    I actually dont have a problem with it... challenging the status quo causes a conversation, which is a healthy thing in my opinion 

Serious question: nobody has questions about the Pentagon and 9/11? No curiosity? No intrigue? No need to challenge the official narrative? No video? The damage site and lack of debris? 19 assholes with boxcutters supposedly turn the world upside down and nobody is supposed to question it?

No tin foil hat here, just wondering? 
    There is a video from a surveillance camera outside the Pentagon.  I saw it on one the 9-11 documentaries I watched last night.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    KC138045 said:
    my2hands said:
    I actually dont have a problem with it... challenging the status quo causes a conversation, which is a healthy thing in my opinion 

Serious question: nobody has questions about the Pentagon and 9/11? No curiosity? No intrigue? No need to challenge the official narrative? No video? The damage site and lack of debris? 19 assholes with boxcutters supposedly turn the world upside down and nobody is supposed to question it?

There is a video from a surveillance camera outside the Pentagon.  I saw it on one the 9-11 documentaries I watched last night.
    I've seen it, you could see a plane on that? I couldnt make anything out. That video is actually part of my problem, that's the best they've got? Washington DC, one of the more important and secure buildings in the world, and we dont have any video of this better than that?
    my2hands said:
    KC138045 said:
    my2hands said:

I've seen it, you could see a plane on that? I couldnt make anything out. That video is actually part of my problem, that's the best they've got? Washington DC, one of the more important and secure buildings in the world, and we dont have any video of this better than that?
    What do you think happened?  Someone mistakenly dropped a grenade in their foot locker on 9/11 and the Pentagon found terrorism as a useful excuse?
    edited September 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    KC138045 said:
    my2hands said:

What do you think happened?  Someone mistakenly dropped a grenade in their foot locker on 9/11 and the Pentagon found terrorism as a useful excuse?
    No, I dont think that happened lol. 

The Pentagon and Shanksville just never looked like the result of a plane crash to me,  you?. That doesnt mean i'm saying it was an inside job, I'm just saying I think there are some head scratchers still

Pentagon crash site, Shanksville, and WTC7 still have some issues that tickle the mind, that's all. Oh, and NORAD running simulated drills that day involving hijacked airliners, interesting coincidence. (Same coincidence happened with the London tube bombings of 2005)

People assume there aren't people evil enough on our side to do something like that, I do not make the same assumption. It is widely assumed in the West, by myself included, that Putin oversaw the apartment bombings in September 1999 as a false flag attack to strengthen his leadership and drum up support for war. Why should we assume there aren't dark forces within the halls of power and influence in the USA willing to do the same? How much dark money is spent by "intelligence" agencies and the military? Seems foolish to dismiss people that may not buy the official narrative as gospel. When has the official narrative ever been the accurate narrative? 

Google Operation Northwoods if you dont think dark forces exist in powerful positions in this country. The Joint Chiefs signed off on a false flag and presented it to Kennedy, who rightfully refused to move forward with it. BUT, it made it to the desk of the POTUS with full approval by the top military leadership of this country. This we know, is a fact. Now what DON'T we know? 
    Post edited by my2hands on
    I suppose anything is possible, but I lived near DC at the time and I saw the damage at the Pentagon.  You couldn't really see it from 395, you had to get off at Pentagon City and loop around to get a look.  It was bad. Plus, there were two people that lived on my street, who I knew well, that were in the Pentagon that day.  One was a Lt. Colonel.  Sure he could have been in on the whole thing, if you want to take it that far, but he described it to me in pretty graphic detail.  
    No offense, but the false flag here is as likely as Sandy Hook being a false flag as well.  
    mrussel1 said:
    I suppose anything is possible, but I lived near DC at the time and I saw the damage at the Pentagon.  You couldn't really see it from 395, you had to get off at Pentagon City and loop around to get a look.  It was bad. Plus, there were two people that lived on my street, who I knew well, that were in the Pentagon that day.  One was a Lt. Colonel.  Sure he could have been in on the whole thing, if you want to take it that far, but he described it to me in pretty graphic detail.  
    No offense, but the false flag here is as likely as Sandy Hook being a false flag as well.  
    I dont disagree, but I do think there are more questions and reasons to question the events of 9/11 than the Sandy Hook goofballs attacking those poor families. 

PNAC
    Operation Northwoods
    WTC7
    Lack of debris at crash sites
    Clear phone calls from 30,000 feet
    NORAD drills
    Iraq Invasion

I see motive. I see past plans presented committing similar false flag attacks. I see ONAC suggesting such an attack was necessary. I see interesting questions surrounding the events that day. I dont know what happened, it was a horrific day no matter what happened, but I will likely always wonder.

But of course simple common sense should come into play as well, how many people would have to be in on it and how they hell would you keep everyone quiet. That's the #1 problem with a large conspiracy, how the hell would it not be out by now? So yeah,I'm not claiming it's an inside job, just think it's fine to continue to look at it and wonder

Yeah, I dont see 9/11 and Sandy Hook as anywhere near the same class. I think the SH folks are kooks, and should be strung up by their toenails if they harass those poor families in anyway. 

And remember, as a result the administration in power had no problem blatantly lying to us, the un, and the world to justify an invasion and resulting slaughter of a few hundred thousand people. So they were willing to lie, knowing an invasion would result in countless deaths, to achieve their goal. What's the difference, you think American citizens would actually matter to monsters like that? "Smoking gun mushroom cloud" Did I mention most of those guys were a major part of PNAC and subscribers to the ideas it brought to the table? 

Yeah, I will always wonder. 
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I dont disagree, but I do think there are more questions and reasons to question the events of 9/11 than the Sandy Hook goofballs attacking those poor families. 

PNAC
    Operation Northwoods
    WTC7
    Lack of debris at crash sites
    Clear phone calls from 30,000 feet
    NORAD drills
    Iraq Invasion

I see motive. I see past plans presented committing similar false flag attacks. I see ONAC suggesting such an attack was necessary. I see interesting questions surrounding the events that day. I dont know what happened, it was a horrific day no matter what happened, but I will likely always wonder.

But of course simple common sense should come into play as well, how many people would have to be in on it and how they hell would you keep everyone quiet. That's the #1 problem with a large conspiracy, how the hell would it not be out by now? So yeah,I'm not claiming it's an inside job, just think it's fine to continue to look at it and wonder

Yeah, I dont see 9/11 and Sandy Hook as anywhere near the same class. I think the SH folks are kooks, and should be strung up by their toenails if they harass those poor families in anyway. 

And remember, as a result the administration in power had no problem blatantly lying to us, the un, and the world to justify an invasion and resulting slaughter of a few hundred thousand people. So they were willing to lie, knowing an invasion would result in countless deaths, to achieve their goal. What's the difference, you think American citizens would actually matter to monsters like that? "Smoking gun mushroom cloud" Did I mention most of those guys were a major part of PNAC and subscribers to the ideas it brought to the table? 

Yeah, I will always wonder. 
    Yes I know they are all PNAC and they advocated a proactive war with Iraq to protect Israel.  But I also believe in Occam's Razor and this is a good example.  They spun the legitimate attack by Bin Laden into a broader war against Iraq, to achieve the purposes lined out in the Clinton open letter.  But I don't believe they orchestrated it.  That's a whole different level.  Now if you told me that did not act aggressively to stop an attack that they knew to be imminent (but probably not the scale of it), I could also believe that.  But I don't believe they would have let what happened, happen had they known the consequences.  It's pretty accepted that FDR knew an attack was coming in December but let it happen because he was ready to go to war, but Congress was not.  
    I should finish my thought... because of the FDR example, I can believe that we would let something like this happen.  
    There are many that that have happened throughout our history that don't come out until much later (if at all).  This book is full of them and I highly recommend it. (The NY Times made an open invitation for any historian to come forward with proof of anything in this book as being false.  To my knowledge, no one had been able to do that.)

my2hands said:
    KC138045 said:
    my2hands said:

just when I see you speak of imaginary border lines you go and say this...and completely redeem yourself!
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:
    KC138045 said:
    my2hands said:

just when I see you speak of imaginary border lines you go and say this...and completely redeem yourself!
    I call it how I see it brother
    brianlux said:
    There are many that that have happened throughout our history that don't come out until much later (if at all).  This book is full of them and I highly recommend it. (The NY Times made an open invitation for any historian to come forward with proof of anything in this book as being false.  To my knowledge, no one had been able to do that.)

I'm going to pick this up!

edited September 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    I should finish my thought... because of the FDR example, I can believe that we would let something like this happen.  
    Making it happen or letting it happen, what's the difference? I see both scenarios as evil

And if people are capable of letting it happen, I assume they're capable of making it happen. You have to be a monster either way
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Jason P said:
    Nike stock drops have cost them $3 billion loss this morning.  I was low in my estimate.  

Politics aside, doesn’t the whole ad agency at Nike that went forward with this campaign get shit canned immediately?   
    Any updates on Nike’s stock?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:
    Nike stock drops have cost them $3 billion loss this morning.  I was low in my estimate.  

Politics aside, doesn’t the whole ad agency at Nike that went forward with this campaign get shit canned immediately?   
    Any updates on Nike’s stock?
    Didn't online sales jump somethig like 30%?

I wasn't in this thread when JP gave his hot take, but I would have jumped on it if I had.
    It's foolish to think that Nike didn't weigh this decision down to the gram.  They ABSOLUTELY knew they were going to take an immediate hit and were prepared to accept that, any other thought is naïve. 
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?