Highly Suspect

Comments

• pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    They certainly at least talk a good game. I'm interested to hear it after that description.
    have you seen them live before?
    Oh no. I've only gone as far as casually checking out their catalogue on Spotify. I only think they're okay from what I've listened to. I find the vocals a bit bland.... Although that means there is room for improvement, lol. There are a couple songs I particularly like.
    Check them out live if you ever get the chance. I think they're the best new band around. IMO.
    Their new album here is going to have to be a lot better than what they've already done (IMO) for me to feel inspired to pay money for tickets TBH. And hey, maybe it will be. :) So far they've only reached "that not a bad song to have turn up in my Discover Weekly playlist" status, haha.
    have you listened to their first album? luckily, tickets are no more than $30..for now anyways
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    They certainly at least talk a good game. I'm interested to hear it after that description.
    have you seen them live before?
    Oh no. I've only gone as far as casually checking out their catalogue on Spotify. I only think they're okay from what I've listened to. I find the vocals a bit bland.... Although that means there is room for improvement, lol. There are a couple songs I particularly like.
    Check them out live if you ever get the chance. I think they're the best new band around. IMO.
    Their new album here is going to have to be a lot better than what they've already done (IMO) for me to feel inspired to pay money for tickets TBH. And hey, maybe it will be. :) So far they've only reached "that not a bad song to have turn up in my Discover Weekly playlist" status, haha.
    have you listened to their first album? luckily, tickets are no more than $30..for now anyways
    Yeah, I gave their stuff a pretty decent listen... Not really doing it for me that much yet - just okay so far, not worth my trip to a venue at this point. But I'll listen to their upcoming album though. Maybe they can change my mind. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,364
    Im still worried about this album. Im assuming this will be their version of Vitalogy. 

On a side note, I have been enjoying Gang Lion more recently
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited August 2018
    Im still worried about this album. Im assuming this will be their version of Vitalogy. 

I’m not worried about it. I was worried about the second album, but they still did a great job.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456

Your assumption makes me wonder why you'd be worried. Wouldn't their version of Vitalogy be a good thing? When I have reason to think an upcoming album from someone will be more experimental, that's when I get more excited.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Your assumption makes me wonder why you'd be worried. Wouldn't their version of Vitalogy be a good thing? When I have reason to think an upcoming album from someone will be more experimental, that's when I get more excited.
    A good thing if you are PJ junior. But possibly a bad thing if your lead singer seems heavily influenced by and loves rap and some odd alternative music. Johnny even had a DJ gig that was supposed to happen and apparently got cancelled? Lack of interest maybe? He is a unique character. The worry doesnt replace the excitement, just runs parallel. 

I still think it will be a good album. Doubt they would just abandon their rock style completely.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited August 2018

Looks like they finally have custom picks :bring_it:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

Looks like they finally have custom picks :bring_it:

Thought you caught one for a second lol
    I’m ready for more bump
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Apparently Johnny had a Lisfranc fracture in his foot and needs surgery. Could be awhile..
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
    pjpitt89 said:
    Apparently Johnny had a Lisfranc fracture in his foot and needs surgery. Could be awhile..
    I know that’s a mother fucker for football players or any athlete really.
  • Tracked one down for my HS collection. Then threw it in a little pick case. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Tracked one down for my HS collection. Then threw it in a little pick case. 

Very nice! Where did you get that pick case?
  • I was looking for options and found a $4 one from ebay. Does the job perfectly
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    I was looking for options and found a $4 one from ebay. Does the job perfectly

Cool. I have a pick I got from an Alice In Chains show. Jerry Cantrell was throwing them into the audience. I hope I didn’t lose the damn thing lol.
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Any news on why Johnny can't come to Canada? I wanna see them so bad but know at this rate I'll have to travel. 
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
    edited January 2019
    Chadplam said:
    Any news on why Johnny can't come to Canada? I wanna see them so bad but know at this rate I'll have to travel. 
    Some sort of legal troubles has always been my understanding. Really looking forward to the next album and even more excited when I saw this in his last post: “May I include that the OFFICIAL starting date for the recording of our 2019 HS album is slated to begin February 25th in Brooklyn, New York.” 

He also said something not too long ago about ~22 songs currently in the works. I don’t know how many songs/works that bands normally enter into the studio with, but 22 sure sounds promising if it will be 10 songs are so that make the cut. Hoping to everything mighty it will still be more rock/alternative than it is alternative/rap. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • The guys are in the studio again! Summer tour too, just watch :bring_it:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

From the other day...
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    New Album and Tour on the way. Fall of this year I think. 
    Seems like it has been forever! Very few dates announced so far and there isn’t even a release date. At least the end of the wait is getting closer. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • AT302834AT302834 San Diego Posts: 39

New album ‘MCID’ drops on November 1st. Pre-orders tonight (including two new songs). Here’s hoping for a good one.

I’m really not sure what to think of the new tunes yet. Have to listen to them more. Happy that it has finally come though!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    AT302834 said:

New album ‘MCID’ drops on November 1st. Pre-orders tonight (including two new songs). Here’s hoping for a good one.

I like both songs. 16 took a few listens to grown on me. Not blown away, but I think it’s a solid start.
    I’m really not sure what to think of the new tunes yet. Have to listen to them more. Happy that it has finally come though!

16 had to grow on me after about 5 listens, though I prefer upperdrugs. I’m pretty excited there is 16 songs on this record.... side note, love the simplicity of the album art.
    https://www.rawmusictv.com/article/amp/2019/Ive-been-doing-hip-hop-longer-than-Ive-been-doing-rock-Highly-Suspects-Johnny-Stevens-Interview?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Interesting read. I bought a VIP meet and greet ticket for the Atlanta show this fall. For $135 it was a no brainer for me. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

16 had to grow on me after about 5 listens, though I prefer upperdrugs. I’m pretty excited there is 16 songs on this record.... side note, love the simplicity of the album art.
    I had a feeling an album would be titled MCID eventually, it makes sense. I also like the simplicity of it. I’m hoping for a limited green vinyl this time around.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • AT302834AT302834 San Diego Posts: 39

Sat with the two new songs this weekend. ‘16’  is not something I find myself leaning into. However, ‘Upperdrugs’ grew on me. Considering MCID is an effort featuring guest artists ranging from Gojia, Young Thug, Tee Grizzley and Nothing But Thieves this thing could be all over the place. At the very least it will be fun to navigate through it. With fourteen tracks left to be discovered; We’ll see. 

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Upperdrugs lacks a strong melody and the lyrics feel mashed into a song they don't fit inside.
    16 is poppy, but it has a strong, memorable melody and is a better song, IMO.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Tokyo Ghoul

Not my style. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016