Vault 8 Presale

Comments

• mcgruff10 said:
    Seriously, not all of us have $60+ that we can drop at a moments notice and need a little time to save up. When’s the deadline??
    Bro it is $60, not 6k.  Stop getting pizza delivered for one week and get the vault!
    Cost 75 for me. 

It's steep. 

But you just have to close your eyes and press "buy" :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Seriously, not all of us have $60+ that we can drop at a moments notice and need a little time to save up. When’s the deadline??
    Bro it is $60, not 6k.  Stop getting pizza delivered for one week and get the vault!
    And for the millenials on here stop getting avocado toast and organic quad shot espressos for a week.
    Lol.  So true.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I'm glad we can all poke fun and make shit theories about why some people aren't loaded with money like others.  Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I'm at a point in life right now where $60 just isn't easy to come by. It's gonna be this way for a while. Maybe I'll start a GoFundMe and you all can donate.
  • I'm glad we can all poke fun and make shit theories about why some people aren't loaded with money like others.  Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I'm at a point in life right now where $60 just isn't easy to come by. It's gonna be this way for a while. Maybe I'll start a GoFundMe and you all can donate.
    Did you by all the former vaults?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I'm glad we can all poke fun and make shit theories about why some people aren't loaded with money like others.  Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I'm at a point in life right now where $60 just isn't easy to come by. It's gonna be this way for a while. Maybe I'll start a GoFundMe and you all can donate.
    I got #3 on secondary market but I've purchased all the others from 10C.  Wasn't in a financial bind then.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I totally get the not wanting to drop $60 until closer to the end date.
    My wife has chosen to be a stay at home mom for 4 years now, so we've had almost no extra income. I sold about $900 worth of PJ stuff to pay for my trip to Wrigley.  She is actually starting her first day today at a part time job since having kids (which half of her pay is going straight to child care...), so waiting until her first paycheck would be nice. Especially since they charge the cards now and dont deliver for months.
    I really dont know why they just wouldnt give us a deadline. I can't see a reason not to, and it will only make the fans happy. What gives?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited August 2018
    I got #3 on secondary market but I've purchased all the others from 10C.  Wasn't in a financial bind then.
    When can you pay the 60 back? I can borrow you the money. A complete collection shouldn't get fucked up.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

Side A

MFC
    Save You
    Do The Evolution
    1/2 Full
    Insignificance

Side B

Given To Fly
    Sad
    Even Flow
    Faithfull (Another Brick In The Wall)

Side C

Daughter
    Lukin
    Whipping
    I Got Id
    Nothing As It Seems

Side D

Rearviewmirror
    Small Town
    Sleight Of Hand
    Black

Side E

Glorified G
    Alive
    Bee Girl
    Black Red Yellow

Side F

Better Man
    Porch
    Yellow Ledbetter 

Great to see a complete Vault release with all the songs included on the vinyl.
    Total running time Basecamp MP3: 2 hours 11 minutes 58 seconds.
    Time per vinyl side posted over @ https://pearljam.probitymerch.com/products/pj-vault-missoula-8-29-05-3-vinyl-boxset

Tracklisting:

Side A 18:29

MFC
    Save You
    Do The Evolution
    1/2 Full
    Insignificance

Side B 20:11

Given To Fly
    Sad
    Even Flow
    Faithfull (Another Brick In The Wall)

Side C 19:05

Daughter
    Lukin
    Whipping
    I Got Id
    Nothing As It Seems

Side D 22:12

Rearviewmirror
    Small Town
    Sleight Of Hand
    Black

Side E 15:19

Glorified G
    Alive
    Bee Girl
    Black Red Yellow

Side F 19:11

Better Man
    Porch
    Yellow Ledbetter

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Faithfull into ABITW was an odd choice for the Stooges.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• I'm glad we can all poke fun and make shit theories about why some people aren't loaded with money like others.  Sorry to disappoint everyone, but I'm at a point in life right now where $60 just isn't easy to come by. It's gonna be this way for a while. Maybe I'll start a GoFundMe and you all can donate.
    Sorry to hear. In a scenario like mine, I’m bound by the exchange rate. So if I know the end date I could potentially wait for a better day  in terms of the dollar. It’s a gamble but it’s worth it. 
  • Seriously, not all of us have $60+ that we can drop at a moments notice and need a little time to save up. When’s the deadline??
    No one should poke fun at you. Some have maybe lost touch that not everyone has disposable income at a moments notice. I’ll apologize for the insensitive comment since someone else won’t 
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don’t get pizza delivered. I’m behind on medical bills and don’t have money to pay for prescriptions that need refilled. $60 isn’t something I can just cough up on a whim.
    Oh bud you know I wouldn't bust on you if I knew that.  I was just relating the pizza thread to this one.  If you want me to get it for you I will and you can pay me back later.  Let me know.  
    Mike
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don’t get pizza delivered. I’m behind on medical bills and don’t have money to pay for prescriptions that need refilled. $60 isn’t something I can just cough up on a whim.
    Oh bud you know I wouldn't bust on you if I knew that.  I was just relating the pizza thread to this one.  If you want me to get it for you I will and you can pay me back later.  Let me know.  
    Mike
    I'd be more than happy to help out too!! :)
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Im happy with this vault. Ive never heard the show so its totally new to me.  Great setlist too.  Riot Act touring era.  

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2018

Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's kind of a bummer to see people trashing this show/vault choice. :frowning:
    It's a great show, I think the problem is that it's already out there.  There's been a few in the past few years that have already circulated as soundboard bootlegs.   Given all the unreleased shows, it's always better when it's something new, rather then something already out there.
    Was it already officially released then? "Bootlegs" is a confusing term with 10C, lol. If it wasn't officially released as a 10C "bootleg", that I figure it's fair game. 10C shouldn't have to consider unofficial boots circulating, shouldn't they? But if 10C did release it in some way... then yeah, that's dumb and contrary to the point of the Vaults. They already did that once with I think the Aladdin one, right? To fight the illegal vinyl boots, it seemed.
    Anyway, I don't personally care, as I've never heard this, and I want all my music on vinyl anyhow, so don't care if there are digital versions going around. But each vault to be something not officially released before. If they're not, they shouldn't be called vault releases.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited August 2018
    I get it man; I've been there and won't be surprised if I find myself there again - don't let the jokes get to you, as inappropriate as they may be; some obviously just don't understand or don't remember what's it like to be truly hard up for cash. Hopefully this served as a good reminder to them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    derbydave said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mike
    I'd be more than happy to help out too!! :)
    Sweet!  Shoot me a pm and we ll get it worked out.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Cost 75 for me. 

It's steep. 

@Spiritual_Chaos let me know if you want in with @elwayvedder
    mcgruff10 said:
    Cost 75 for me. 

It's steep. 

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    just got mine, i think i skipped the last one or 2 vaults but this one looks too good to pass on
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Cost 75 for me. 

It's steep. 

What?
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    How long does this presales last?

I didn't see a deadline date in which to order by....
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
    edited August 2018
    Everyone - I really do appreciate the effort and generosity on display here. It's truly what makes this forum a great place and feel like a community of friends and family!  I cannot, in good conscience, accept an offer to purchase the Vault for me. It just wouldn't sit right with me. I am in a bind right now - have been for most of this year which isn't an excuse but can explain much of my grumpiness on these boards in recent times.  But there are people in the world who are worse off than me and a vinyl record is the last of their worries. I've been fortunate enough to get a few freebies this year - a weekend VIP pass for DelFest thru our sponsorship at work, free tickets to an Orioles game, a ticket to see Jenny Lewis as a birthday present, & a ticket to see Smashing Pumpkins in exchange for driving.  I am going to see Chris Isaak next week which is the one thing I've treated myself to this year.
    The best thing you can do for me is vote.  Vote for people who will stand up to corporate interests and insurance & pharmaceutical lobbyists who put people like me in these binds by already charging us high-cost premiums then not covering our treatment and making us pay even more out of pocket. You know, the whole point of having insurance in the first fucking place.  Crippling people like me financially while they rake in billions of profit for themselves.  CIGNA and the government can kiss my ass for creating this mess.  The same blood tests & imaging procedures I've had for the last 3 years and never paid a dime for have conveniently (for CIGNA) become "not medically necessary" or "not covered under your plan" since I was hospitalized last fall.  And I'm pretty sure that's by design, not coincidence.
    So, thank you guys!  I truly, sincerely appreciate the thought.  I've decided I'm going to sell off my original press PJ studio vinyl to not only pay for the Vault but help get some bills caught up as well.  I have the reissues and I'm not the type of person to brag about first pressings or first editions & feel elite because I own them, so it doesn't break my heart to part with the originals.  If the music is there, that's all that matters. I'll have a post on Lost Dogs later this evening with all the goodies. Again, thank you!
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Everyone - I really do appreciate the effort and generosity on display here. It's truly what makes this forum a great place and feel like a community of friends and family!  I cannot, in good conscience, accept an offer to purchase the Vault for me. It just wouldn't sit right with me. I am in a bind right now - have been for most of this year which isn't an excuse but can explain much of my grumpiness on these boards in recent times.  But there are people in the world who are worse off than me and a vinyl record is the last of their worries. I've been fortunate enough to get a few freebies this year - a weekend VIP pass for DelFest thru our sponsorship at work, free tickets to an Orioles game, a ticket to see Jenny Lewis as a birthday present, & a ticket to see Smashing Pumpkins in exchange for driving.  I am going to see Chris Isaak next week which is the one thing I've treated myself to this year.
    The best thing you can do for me is vote.  Vote for people who will stand up to corporate interests and insurance & pharmaceutical lobbyists who put people like me in these binds by already charging us high-cost premiums then not covering our treatment and making us pay even more out of pocket. You know, the whole point of having insurance in the first fucking place.  Crippling people like me financially while they rake in billions of profit for themselves.  CIGNA and the government can kiss my ass for creating this mess.  The same blood tests & imaging procedures I've had for the last 3 years and never paid a dime for have conveniently (for CIGNA) become "not medically necessary" or "not covered under your plan" since I was hospitalized last fall.  And I'm pretty sure that's by design, not coincidence.
    So, thank you guys!  I truly, sincerely appreciate the thought.  I've decided I'm going to sell off my original press PJ studio vinyl to not only pay for the Vault but help get some bills caught up as well.  I have the reissues and I'm not the type of person to brag about first pressings or first editions & feel elite because I own them, so it doesn't break my heart to part with the originals.  If the music is there, that's all that matters. I'll have a post on Lost Dogs later this evening with all the goodies. Again, thank you!
    :c:clap:
    I'll be voting, don't you worry.
    Stand up post, this place is awesome.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Florida is now making some strides with a big win recently. Well said @HesCalledDyer Let's all do our part and get out and Vote.
    Right on - I can't help with my vote, but here's to hoping that those who do can elect folks who will end this huge human rights violation, aka the US healthcare system. :prayer:
    It totally sucks our CDN dollar hasn't changed from 77 cents. :/ 

Please 10club, ship these Vault 8 vinyl in the thick cardboard boxes like you used to. Not in the thin white boxes with Kraft paper. 

• StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 440
    Is this the same as the other vaults?  I wouldn't consider the other ones to be a 'boxed set' which this one is labeled as.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I hope they stick with the book format.  A box wouldnt be as cool