Options

Mollie Tibbetts

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Tibbetts family remains strong despite republican efforts to politicize Molly’s death. Can’t imagine what this they are going through:

Imagine having the strength to keep fighting against the racist tide when you are swamped by grief. 
    So this guy was here illegally but we won't make a big deal.  However in the gun violence thread we have a white male committing mass murder while gaming and now it is a call to ban!  Double standards annoy me.  

A call to ban....... what, exactly? I don't recall any calls to ban. Except for the idea of eSports.
    Oh stop.  You aren't exactly pro 2nd amendment.  You'd love to ban all "assault" weapons and then keep going.  

Stop? Stop what? Stop posting? Why - don't your ideas stand up to discussion?

You said ".....now it is a call to ban!". "Now" generally means something is happening at the current time. I don't recall that I or anyone else in the gun violence thread calling for a ban at that time.

Maybe you can stop, and rephrase what you were trying to say. 

(And for the record, of course I'm not pro 2nd amendment. It's hard to contemplate a more wrong-headed approach to the issue than 2A. It's killing your country and your citizens.)
    Speaking of cigarettes and alcohol...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Tibbetts family remains strong despite republican efforts to politicize Molly’s death. Can’t imagine what this they are going through:

Imagine having the strength to keep fighting against the racist tide when you are swamped by grief. 
    So this guy was here illegally but we won't make a big deal.  However in the gun violence thread we have a white male committing mass murder while gaming and now it is a call to ban!  Double standards annoy me.  

A call to ban....... what, exactly? I don't recall any calls to ban. Except for the idea of eSports.
    Oh stop.  You aren't exactly pro 2nd amendment.  You'd love to ban all "assault" weapons and then keep going.  

Stop? Stop what? Stop posting? Why - don't your ideas stand up to discussion?

You said ".....now it is a call to ban!". "Now" generally means something is happening at the current time. I don't recall that I or anyone else in the gun violence thread calling for a ban at that time.

Maybe you can stop, and rephrase what you were trying to say. 

(And for the record, of course I'm not pro 2nd amendment. It's hard to contemplate a more wrong-headed approach to the issue than 2A. It's killing your country and your citizens.)
    So you totally contradicted yourself based on the last sentence in parenthesis.  (Why put "and for the record" in parenthesis?)  Of course you are not pro 2nd amendment like I said.  This is such trivial back and forth banter.  
    Like I said in some thread, why are you against people rallying against illegal immigration by this murder but ok with people rallying against the 2nd amendment with other murders?  The majority of illegal immigrants and gun owners are way responsible.  The hypocrisy lies in the fact that an illegal immigrant murdered a us citizen yet the majority on this forum rally for the illegal immigrant (hypocrisy in itself) and say, hey illegal immigrants are good people.  yes i agree.  yet the same people lump all gun owners together and want to ban anything everything to "save but one life."  well if that is the case let's build a wall to "save but one life".  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,305
    mcgruff10 said:

I take your posts with grains of salt. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

So which part of my post is not true?  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha. For one, your comparing two murders to mass shootings which have been happening regularly for decades. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Ha. For one, your comparing two murders to mass shootings which have been happening regularly for decades. 

So two murders and mass shootings have been happening for decades?  God damn that is brilliant.  Who knew that two murders and mass shootings have been happening for decades?  Maybe I should somehow tag the new york times so they get this top secret information?  
    And I am not comparing two murders to  mass shootings rather one murder by an illegal immigrant to a mass shooting.  
    Disclaimer: all good and fun on a serious matter.  If we ever meet at a pj show I fully expect you to buy the first 30 rounds since you like to point out the fact that I am a teacher.  ;)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

So two murders and mass shootings have been happening for decades?  God damn that is brilliant.  Who knew that two murders and mass shootings have been happening for decades?  Maybe I should somehow tag the new york times so they get this top secret information?  
    And I am not comparing two murders to  mass shootings rather one murder by an illegal immigrant to a mass shooting.  
    Disclaimer: all good and fun on a serious matter.  If we ever meet at a pj show I fully expect you to buy the first 30 rounds since you like to point out the fact that I am a teacher.  ;)
    Another one that sails over your head. 

Post grade: 3 grains of salt. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Another one that sails over your head. 

Post grade: 3 grains of salt. 
    Explain it to me.  Enlighten me. Educate me. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,832
    still believe his status is in question as to legally here as migrant worker or not....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    still believe his status is in question as to legally here as migrant worker or not....
    I honestly don’t think it would matter to a certain segment of our population. They will believe what they want to believe. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Have illegal immigrant murders and crime also not been happening for decades?

Mostly what these threads have come down to lately is snarky one liners to belittle someone who we think we're superior to intellectually.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

That's a false equivalence. That has nothing to do with double standards.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Have illegal immigrant murders and crime also not been happening for decades?

Mostly what these threads have come down to lately is snarky one liners to belittle someone who we think we're superior to intellectually.
    Okay, excuse the snark then. The point is Mollie Tibbitts and Kate Steinle are the rallying cry for people on this side of the debate. Two attractive white women who were brutally murdered. Both are horrible tragedies. But the rallying cry for gun control advocates are the thousands of people victimized by mass shootings which happen on a weekly basis. One problem is a much larger issue than the other. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to ham sandwiches. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,114
    Both are broken systems and bad laws.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    One resulting in 10,000+ deaths per year

How many deaths per year are caused by undocumented immigration?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,114
    my2hands said:

Dunno. But I’m still not certain why the hell you can’t fix more than 1 thing at a time.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:

Dunno. But I’m still not certain why the hell you can’t fix more than 1 thing at a time.
    No beef there, just pointing out these issues are nowhere near equal as far as actual impact on American quality of life 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    my2hands said:

Sure, you could, absolutely; but since they are not going to, if you have to only fix one thing, it should be the thing that's way more problematic and causes far more deaths, injuries, and trauma. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,307
    my2hands said:

You give this government to much credit they can’t chew gum and walk at the same time ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,552

Mollie Tibbetts' funeral doused outrage with compassion, and fiery voices stayed mum

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/huppke/ct-met-mollie-tibbetts-huppke-20180827-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,552

“The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans,” said Mollie Tibbetts' father. “As far as I’m concerned, they’re Iowans with better food.” https://t.co/T1xFYhI8GV

• Options
    edited August 2018

“The Hispanic community are Iowans. They have the same values as Iowans,” said Mollie Tibbetts' father. “As far as I’m concerned, they’re Iowans with better food.” https://t.co/T1xFYhI8GV

Directly from the father. No grains of salt needed.

This family is beautiful. God bless all of them...including 2nd cousins. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

They do have awesome food.

I've said it elsewhere on these forums: we are going to the Gorge this weekend for DMB. I will be getting my fill of Mexican food while doing so. There are so many mom and pop outfits in northern Washington with hard working, family oriented people serving the public. Prices are very fair and portions are very generous.

We have our favourites and will be revisiting.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

I've said it elsewhere on these forums: we are going to the Gorge this weekend for DMB. I will be getting my fill of Mexican food while doing so. There are so many mom and pop outfits in northern Washington with hard working, family oriented people serving the public. Prices are very fair and portions are very generous.

just don't park near his bus. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I know what you are referring to (I think).

Obviously... the band likes Mexican food too lol!
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,633

Or follow it up to Grand Coulee
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

While I did a boat tour of Chicago last week our tour guide told a rather interesting story about one of dmb s tour busses. Is that what you are talking about?

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

While I did a boat tour of Chicago last week our tour guide told a rather interesting story about one of dmb s tour busses. Is that what you are talking about?

Yup.

And you've given me an idea for a kids' book: Scruffy Goes to Chicago.

It'll be if the pop up variety. I'll think about the plot later when I'm biking, but the tour you went on will comprise some of the rising action... Lou's will serve as a foreshadowing event... you crapping your pants will be the height of the action... Eddie giving you a hug while you eat cotton candy in your new Russell sweats will be the sweet and pleasant ending!

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mcgruff10 said:

yes, the driver of one of their tour buses emptied 800 pounds of human waste into the chicago river. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245
    mcgruff10 said:

yes, the driver of one of their tour buses emptied 800 pounds of human waste into the chicago river. 
    Is that the gross weight of the band with or without Dave?
    It's a hopeless situation...