The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    fife said:
    rw160510 said:
    Literally anything that they bring over. Knowing them they will make a late call on what they are taking because they are very into getting beer to places ASAP and in peak condition. They are focused on fresh juicy ipas, pales and dipas (usually in the new England style) although their barrel aged stuff is good too. Everything is unfiltered and they never (almost) rebrew the same beer. It's always variations based on the the season, yeasts and hops. Their dipas are very highly regarded over here. They were ratebeers 3rd best brewery in the world last year ibelieve. And you are correct, they're from Manchester which is my home town although I don't live there anymore.
    thanks, I wish that there were ways where people can get beer delivered from all over the world.  I get beer deliver now from some breweries in Ontario Canada but would be great to get some from everywhere
    I
     know what you mean. I am quite lucky in that there are a couple of really good bottle shops near me and they do get good beers from all round the world but a lot of the stuff posted here I will never really get the chance to try. I get jealous everytime someone mentions zombie dust :bawling:
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    fife said:
    in case anyone here is planning on coming to Toronto this September Bellwoods brewery is having their Witchstock 2018.  great craft beers from all over the world.

I am looking forward to trying Other Half.  i have heard nothing but good things about them. 

here are some of the other brewers coming.

Other half is my favorite brewery. So much so that I keep track of there beers I’ve tried on my phone and I’m at 97 unique beers right now. I’ll hit 100 this weekend when I visit the brewery again (I go once a month). Hope you enjoy! 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    This thread can’t be on the second page. Another very good beer by Hop Butcher. I’m really digging their beers.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    ^^^APA - Amarillo - Simcoe - checking a lot of my like boxes there.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    This thread can’t be on the second page. Another very good beer by Hop Butcher. I’m really digging their beers.

They are so good.....all of their beers are top notch.  Hopefully they get their own brewery with a taproom at some point.  Them and Mikerphone are my 2 favorite breweries in Chicago right now...
    ^ Im really eager to get to Mikerphone based on your recommendation and others as well. I hear nothing but great things. I might stop in for one next Saturday before I head to Wrigley. Noon Whistle is near the top of my list too for local brews.
    I just read Bells and Founders were named the top two breweries in a recent poll. Both MI breweries. Also, Bells Two Hearted was named the best beer overall. I’d have to agree they’re two damn good breweries. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    bbiggs said:
    I just read Bells and Founders were named the top two breweries in a recent poll. Both MI breweries. Also, Bells Two Hearted was named the best beer overall. I’d have to agree they’re two damn good breweries. 
    No arguments here.  Two Hearted and All Day are two IPA's I could drink on a consistent basis.  I recently had Founders Rubaeus on nitro and it was incredible. I've had it in the can before but the nitro pour really smoothed it out and made it like dessert.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Keg number two in The Juggler Garage Kegerator will be Ommegang’s Hennepin.

Arriving this evening. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited August 2018
    Having a "Space Force Pale Ale" at the local brewery. At least I know this space force was a success :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Sitting outside Wrigley waiting for the show to kick off!

• rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Drinking a het uiltje me myself and ipa in Amsterdam. Very happy at the moment.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Anti hero ipa. Sooo good. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Welcome to Chicago, Mike! Enjoy! 
    Lush!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    Anti hero ipa. Sooo good. 

Good stuff right there!
    I fucking love Chicago.  Another great ipa. 

Did  I mention I love Chicago? 
    Zombie Dust at Murphy's! Guessing they read my message here months ago.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    awesomeness.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    So I think I am about to start some shit but here we go: obviously I just got back from Chicago and was very impressed by their beers.  My question is, what state in the midwest has the best beers?!  I have had spectacular beers in Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin.  Tell me your opinion midwesterners.
    Well aren't you trying to start some shit! Just start it up and sit back and watch the show.

My belief:

Michigan 
    Indiana
    Illinois
    Wisconsin 
    Well aren't you trying to start some shit! Just start it up and sit back and watch the show.

My belief:

Michigan 
    Indiana
    Illinois
    Wisconsin 
    Greenbush brewery has some amazing beers!  I have to head back to Sawyer soon.  Any standouts from the other midwest states?  Ohio, Minnesota, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska?
    Nothing that I'm overly aware of. Some people really like Great Lakes out of Cleveland, but I'm not a fan.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mcgruff10 said:
    So I think I am about to start some shit but here we go: obviously I just got back from Chicago and was very impressed by their beers.  My question is, what state in the midwest has the best beers?!  I have had spectacular beers in Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, and Wisconsin.  Tell me your opinion midwesterners.

shit stirrer.

I would never do that.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    edited August 2018
    Finally ready to have a few beers again after the wrigley shows....took a few days to recover!  Some really good stuff from Toppling Goliath

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mcgruff10 said:

My belief:

Michigan 
    Indiana
    Illinois
    Wisconsin 
    Greenbush brewery has some amazing beers!  I have to head back to Sawyer soon.  Any standouts from the other midwest states?  Ohio, Minnesota, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska?
    From Iowa I'd recommend Toppling Goliath.
    From Minnesota I'd recommend Surly
    From. Nebraska I'd recommend nothing.
    Michigan beats them all
    Finally ready to have a few beers again after the wrigley shows....took a few days to recover!  Some really good stuff from Toppling Goliath

Toppling Goliath has such good beer. Pseudo Sue is a staple in my beer buying rotation. 
    For Midwest beers, I’d have to say MI, IL, IN and WI in that order.