Fox News

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Just did a google search and found that you can add “cakewalk” and “takes the cake” to the list of everyday sayings with racists origins. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Being a Trump supporter means having to find excuses for racist nonsense on a daily basis...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2018
    Smellyman said:
    He wouldn't last 1 minute in a real interview.  He'd throw a temper tantrum and walk out.

Exactly. This was for his hundredth day in office. Then he did the Lester Holt interview a few weeks later where he basically admitted to obstructing justice and then I don't believe he has done any other non friendly interviews (unless I'm forgetting a GMA one with Stephanopoulus?). Plus he has not given a proper press conference since his second month in office.

They try to make it seem like he is really accessible by having the pool shout questions to him when he's walking to Marine One or something but the reality is he is scared to death of actual journalists.

Someone should ask Sarah Sanders, on a daily basis, what the president is so scare of.

the media in the daily briefings need to band together and start taking this admin to task. 
    I agree in theory, but if they did that, I'm quite sure Trump would just ban them. It's a real catch-22. The press really needs to do this, but if they do, the Trump-anti-media problem would get so much worse. I'm sure some of the press don't do it for more personal, selfish, wimpy reasons. But I think many of them don't do it because they think not doing it just might be in everyone's best interests in the long term.... But at the end of the day, I believe they're wrong not to do it, since not doing it will still lead to the same results, it'll just take longer, and the press will be open to some of the blame.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    what I mean by band together is, if SS refuses to give a real answer to a tough question, the rest of the room should remain silent until she answers it or closes down the briefing. There really is zero substance to these briefings in any meaningful way anyway, and SS has them all by the balls because she knows they all just want more tv time, and they are willing to sell out their colleagues to get it. they aren't getting respect because none of them are commanding it. they are trump's lemmings because they are allowing themselves to be. 

the press used to be about getting to the truth, not getting more air time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I hope Trump enjoyed his round with Sean Hannity yesterday at his golf course.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Poor choice of words for sure. But I don’t think it was racially motivated, at least I have no reason the assume it was. that’s a common phrase that has lost its racial roots long ago. Sort of like “the pot calling the kettle black.” People say it all the time not even realizing the meaning has racial roots. I’ve heard both said many, many times and rarely ever towards anyone black.
    “Pot calling the kettle black” does not have racist roots that I am aware of. 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_valley/2014/12/22/the_pot_calling_the_kettle_black_is_the_idiom_offensive_racist_or_fair_game.html?via=gdpr-consent
    I was always told it did, it implies that being black is bad. But I’ve never looked it up myself. But that doesn’t change my point, cotton oickin mind is a common phrase, and my guess is more likely a lack of judgement that an intentional racial remark.
    Anyone using the phrase "out of your cotton picking mind" without recognizing its racist roots needs to be way more self aware. That term is so blatantly racist. How common it is is irrelevant. That just means that a LOT of people are comfortable using a blatantly racist term, or are at least way too oblivious about the words coming out of their mouths (as was already pointed out, the pot calling the kettle black has no racist overtone whatsoever).
    I get what your saying, but I think it’s completey understandable how and why people don’t think or realize it’s racist. And how common it is plays a big factor. If such phrases are common it’s easy to never even consider the origin. There are hundreds of every day sayings that I’ve never given 2 seconds as to where they came from. Yes, if I stop for a second to think about “cotton pickin” it’s easy to see the racial origins, but there’s so many of these little sayings it is understandable and easy to believe someone doesn’t take the 2 seconds to think about it.
    I was talking to a friend about this earlier today, racist things we say that many don’t know are racist. “ getting gypped” (many spell it jipped because they don’t know it’s about Gypsies), “no can do,” “long time no see” “sold down the river” are all sayings I grew up hearing and didn’t realize they were racist until someone told me they were. My friend also told me where she grew up they called peep holes “Jewholes” and never knew it had anything to do with Jews because she always thought of it as “Joo-hole” until as an adult someone pointed it out to her. How many sayings do you have that you have no idea of the origin? I imagine just like everyone else there’s a lot.
    So I can’t come down on someone too hard for not knowing one if they unintentionally use one.
    i also imagine most here have used one of those examples I just gave not knowing their racial origins.
    Come...the...fuck...on...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Poor choice of words for sure. But I don’t think it was racially motivated, at least I have no reason the assume it was. that’s a common phrase that has lost its racial roots long ago. Sort of like “the pot calling the kettle black.” People say it all the time not even realizing the meaning has racial roots. I’ve heard both said many, many times and rarely ever towards anyone black.
    “Pot calling the kettle black” does not have racist roots that I am aware of. 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_valley/2014/12/22/the_pot_calling_the_kettle_black_is_the_idiom_offensive_racist_or_fair_game.html?via=gdpr-consent
    I was always told it did, it implies that being black is bad. But I’ve never looked it up myself. But that doesn’t change my point, cotton oickin mind is a common phrase, and my guess is more likely a lack of judgement that an intentional racial remark.
    Anyone using the phrase "out of your cotton picking mind" without recognizing its racist roots needs to be way more self aware. That term is so blatantly racist. How common it is is irrelevant. That just means that a LOT of people are comfortable using a blatantly racist term, or are at least way too oblivious about the words coming out of their mouths (as was already pointed out, the pot calling the kettle black has no racist overtone whatsoever).
    I get what your saying, but I think it’s completey understandable how and why people don’t think or realize it’s racist. And how common it is plays a big factor. If such phrases are common it’s easy to never even consider the origin. There are hundreds of every day sayings that I’ve never given 2 seconds as to where they came from. Yes, if I stop for a second to think about “cotton pickin” it’s easy to see the racial origins, but there’s so many of these little sayings it is understandable and easy to believe someone doesn’t take the 2 seconds to think about it.
    I was talking to a friend about this earlier today, racist things we say that many don’t know are racist. “ getting gypped” (many spell it jipped because they don’t know it’s about Gypsies), “no can do,” “long time no see” “sold down the river” are all sayings I grew up hearing and didn’t realize they were racist until someone told me they were. My friend also told me where she grew up they called peep holes “Jewholes” and never knew it had anything to do with Jews because she always thought of it as “Joo-hole” until as an adult someone pointed it out to her. How many sayings do you have that you have no idea of the origin? I imagine just like everyone else there’s a lot.
    So I can’t come down on someone too hard for not knowing one if they unintentionally use one.
    i also imagine most here have used one of those examples I just gave not knowing their racial origins.
    Come...the...fuck...on...
    Good point. You convinced me.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    He apparently didn’t mention Michael Cohen once tonight but was able to find the time for these four segments:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    And they suck it up and cheer
    edited July 2018
    I hope Trump enjoyed his round with Sean Hannity yesterday at his golf course.
    Are there any rules or laws about the POTUS and the news media? I mean.... at what point does Trump's influence get too close to state-run media? Is a state-run media outlet legal? If not, isn't the line already crossed?

BTW, "time to shut down universities"??! Wow, that sounds kind of familiar. :pensive:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited July 2018
    The host here.... is this news out of China or 30's italy? 

She interrupts to stop the guy when he says something unfavorable about Trump, and she presents Don JRs "story" about the meeting as FACT to discredit Cohen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HswRW7XDXAQ
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    I had a good laugh over the bit I saw on the local news where Giuliani was ranting about how nobody could believe Cohen because he's a big liar.... One thing I know for sure: Trump is the biggest liar of them all. I really wonder if Giuliani and his ilk really believe what they're saying? Like, does Giuliani seriously not realize through delusion that Trump lies constantly to the entire world? Or does he just not care at all that comments like the one he made on this comes across as so completely ridiculous and hypocritical? I don't know if I'll ever be able to fully comprehend where these people's heads are truly at.
    Suddenly collusion seems to not be that big a deal at Fox

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    NO COLLUSION FOLKS, NO COLLUSION.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    No collusion! No collusion! Well, okay, I’ll have a little bit, thanks. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Leading questions to get some answer that makes  impeachment look like the right thing VS BUY MY BOOK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfJWn8bGciU
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    PJ_Soul said:
    I had a good laugh over the bit I saw on the local news where Giuliani was ranting about how nobody could believe Cohen because he's a big liar.... One thing I know for sure: Trump is the biggest liar of them all. I really wonder if Giuliani and his ilk really believe what they're saying? Like, does Giuliani seriously not realize through delusion that Trump lies constantly to the entire world? Or does he just not care at all that comments like the one he made on this comes across as so completely ridiculous and hypocritical? I don't know if I'll ever be able to fully comprehend where these people's heads are truly at.

It's intentional:

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It's intentional:

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief.
    MOTHERFUCKING INGRID BERGMAN

edited July 2018
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It's intentional:

Yes, I am aware of gaslighting (I know that Trump's anti-media propaganda is 100% intentional in the way, for example), but I don't know if we can just assume every time it is done is intentional. I think that plenty of the folks doing this have simply picked up the line, the beginning of which was intentional, but as you work your way through the ranks, the intentional beginning becomes an actual genuinely held belief. That is how loyalty within the ranks is established. That is why I wonder about Giuliani here. Be may have drank the Kool-Aid here, and is not simply being intentionally manipulative, i.e. believes what he's saying. If he doesn't, then as I said, I really can't fully comprehend where these people's heads are at when they use this tactic, not caring at all that such comments come across as so completely ridiculous and hypocritical.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

It's intentional:

Yes, I am aware of gaslighting (I know that Trump's anti-media propaganda is 100% intentional in the way, for example), but I don't know if we can just assume every time it is done is intentional. I think that plenty of the folks doing this have simply picked up the line, the beginning of which was intentional, but as you work your way through the ranks, the intentional beginning becomes an actual genuinely held belief. That is how loyalty within the ranks is established. That is why I wonder about Giuliani here. Be may have drank the Kool-Aid here, and is not simply being intentionally manipulative, i.e. believes what he's saying. If he doesn't, then as I said, I really can't fully comprehend where these people's heads are at when they use this tactic, not caring at all that such comments come across as so completely ridiculous and hypocritical.
    Power corrupts absolutely. Rudy was a washed up former presidential candidate and mayor of NYC. Now he's in the White House. He'll say and do anything to remain there. What else is that POS going to do at his age? Cheat on his wife?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And yet no condemnation from repubes regarding Sunday? Lindsey? Mitchy baby? Spineless Ryan? Any of them?

Brilliantati©
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Yeah if you find David Duke agreeing with you on a race issue.....you might be on the wrong side.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    Giuliani actually also said in May that Cohen was a stand up guy. He knows he's spouting bullshit. it's their entire purpose. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    Giuliani actually also said in May that Cohen was a stand up guy. He knows he's spouting bullshit. it's their entire purpose. 
    I know it's very purposeful for some... but you don't think any of them are just deluded a lot of the time, just like so many of their supporters are?