this setlist reminds me of live at the garden in 2003
    green disease, I am mine, save you, you are
    crazy mary, breath
    plus baba and ledbetter at the end
    one of my greatest show
    but some rude people at GA kinda ruin the night for me
    There were a few rude people beside us, must be a British thing

Nope. It's an arsehole thing. 
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • BellaBella Posts: 120
    Bella said:
    crazy mary, breath
    one of my greatest show

Spot on. Although it just seems to be at Manchester London and Leeds there’s been arseholes. 
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,827
    60th show, and this has to rank up there as one of the best. What a setlist. This band keeps on giving. Thank you Pearl Jam!!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Darren01Darren01 Posts: 48
    Got great seats in Block 101, second row frow the front at the side of the stage. Fantastic show, my first Oceans, Breath, Satan's Bed, I won't Back Down and Around The Bend. Both posters were on sale for both London shows and grabbed both. I arrived at the venue about 1330 and it was the easiest show I have been to to get merch ( although the event t-shirt in medium was the last one..my lucky day!). Glad I wasn't down in the pit, I'm too old for that now and it looked really lively down there. Show was phenomenal, maybe not as epic as Leeds 2014 but ran it very close. Ed's voice was great and some nice talking moments especially during the encore. I think a lot of people had left the arena but the band came back in true Springsteen fashion way after the goodbye's to play All along the Watchtower ( they also played this in London at the tiny Shepperd's Bush concert I was lucky enough to see ). I look forward to the next tour immensely!
  • simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    edited July 2018
    Bella said:
    Bella said:
    crazy mary, breath
    one of my greatest show

Spot on. Although it just seems to be at Manchester London and Leeds there’s been arseholes. 
    I've seen them in Berlin, Prague, Alpine Valley. Arseholes at each of them. 

A thing I heard once which I think helps: 
    "You're never more than 6 metres from an arsehole. And if you're not, it's because it's you." 

I think it's a good thing to remember we're all going to be someone else's arsehole :) 
    Post edited by simonorton on
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Got a bit heavy around us at points but I delivered a few well placed shoulder charges and it seemed to calm down. Had the same experience at this venue in 2009 though. Hope people's evenings werent ruined by a few arseholes.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    @lastexitlondon Sorry to read your story! Sounds like a nightmare and not what a PJ gig should ever be about. Security was pretty much non-existent around where I was - might send some feedback to the venue about that.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • GilbertoGilberto Posts: 30
    On the Megabus back home to south Wales and still buzzing from an incredible show.

Really sad to hear some of the troubles people had, and did notice some fans going a little OTT with no consideration of those around them (particularly near the pit) BUT also saw many more people just really enjoying the show and loving the music.

Had hoped to hear 6 songs I'd never heard them play before and got 3 of them. Was absolutely elated to have seen oceans, Satan's bed and whipping. Eddie's voice was superb and a massive contrast to night 1 a month ago. Can't wait for them to come back and hopefully next time they'll play Garden so my bro gets to hear it live!

Love this band.
  • kevtickevtic Posts: 133
    My 4000 mile round trip from lanzarote and back was more than worth it. An epic night by the best live band in my universe.  Ed clearly felt he owed us and paid back big style. The extended jam on corduroy was brilliant but so many highlights with the band in top form. My 20th PJ show and in the cold light of day must rank as one of the best. 
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,356
    5 hour drive home after the show has left me absolutely nackered, but I've slept a little and now I can fully appreciate the greatness of last night's show.  Now, let me clarify - the SHOW was phenomenal, the CROWD ranged from lame to terrible from what we could see.

We had seats in block 103, amazing view. My friend and I sang and danced all night and had the time of our lives.  The people around us either stood still, sat down on their phones, or left during Alive!  WTF! I know everyone enjoys shows in different ways, I get that. But half of my section were standing in silence or on their phones all damn night. We saved that block because they were lame as hell. 

The floor looked very rough in certain areas. They responded well after the songs with loud applause/cheering but other than Even Flow/Jeremy/Alive/RVM/Baba they didn't seem to be dancing or moving at all.  The mosh pit circles looked dangerous and we could see people around them struggling.  The concern on the band's faces during RVM was pretty worrying.

HOWEVER, after the first few songs when I got the vibe that the rest of the crowd wasn't going to be up to scratch, I just locked in and enjoyed the show.  And what a show it was!

Oceans, NAIS, In Hiding, Green Disease, I Am Mine, Satan's Bed, Mankind, I Won't Back Down, Fatal, Around The Bend, Breath, Crazy Mary, Baba, All Along The Watchtower!! Sooooooo many highlights.

It was hilarious how the crowd had emptied out loads and the band had taken their bow and left the stage bar Eddie.  We know Watchtower was on the setlist but it looked like Ed had forgotten. But when the band came running back on looking for guitars the crowd just went crazy and then it was funny seeing everyone rush back in. 

I can't believe I got a Tom Petty song AND a Dylan song.  Two of my other heroes.  What a night.  6 shows in total, no idea where this will rank but performance-wise it's definitely up there.

I'll never do a UK show again, though. Literally everywhere else in Europe is better for a show.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    kevtic said:
    Suziemay said:
    kevtic said:
    Anyone got a spare ticket stub from last night. Never saw anyone handing tickets out after show. 
    They were very stealth about it. Being handed out on the floor, I ran back in to get one after asking around.
    I don't know why they take them off you in the first place. 
    Not sure why this annoys me so much but it really does.

I asked why at the first London show and was told "It's because we need to count them" which sounds like bullsh*t to me, as if they're going to count them all while the show's going on and then hand them out afterwards.

I asked again last night and was told "because it's policy" which means nothing and I'd like to know WHY this is the 'policy'.

Doesn't every ticket have a bar code which they scan so tickets can't be re-used? So you automatically count them via the scanning process and surely that's done anyway!? Saw Paul Simon at Hyde Park last Sunday; same process there of bag check, body scanner, then ticket scan and... you just keep the whole ticket.

Might just email the O2 to see if I can get some sort of explanation. Or I might not because it's probably their policy not to discuss policies... ;)

Anyway, brilliant show, enjoyed it immensely. Sorry to hear about the trouble further forward but had no problems where we were, Mike's side but a few rows in front of the sound desk so well back from the idiots by the sound of it.

Totally forgot to get a ticket at the end so if anyone has a spare...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    tbergs said:
    That fatal was amazing!
    https://youtu.be/JwJTtIEVVDI
    Thanks for filming and posting this - miles better than my dreadful filming! I seem to be wobbling everywhere having looked back it at!!!

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    alpechliv said:
    23scidoo said:
    Wow, Fatal and Around the bend on the same setlist???..awesome..
    so happy for my friend Alex, ''the guy with the beard''..
    What the f**k just happened yesterday?!?!?! E P I C!
    Sorry to hear people in the front had issues. 10 row back on Mike's side things were pretty good!
    McCready! I'm lovin' it!
    It was the shirt???
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    jrd said:
    kevtic said:
    Suziemay said:
    kevtic said:
    Anyone got a spare ticket stub from last night. Never saw anyone handing tickets out after show. 
    They were very stealth about it. Being handed out on the floor, I ran back in to get one after asking around.
    I don't know why they take them off you in the first place. 
    Not sure why this annoys me so much but it really does.

I asked why at the first London show and was told "It's because we need to count them" which sounds like bullsh*t to me, as if they're going to count them all while the show's going on and then hand them out afterwards.

I asked again last night and was told "because it's policy" which means nothing and I'd like to know WHY this is the 'policy'.

Doesn't every ticket have a bar code which they scan so tickets can't be re-used? So you automatically count them via the scanning process and surely that's done anyway!? Saw Paul Simon at Hyde Park last Sunday; same process there of bag check, body scanner, then ticket scan and... you just keep the whole ticket.

Might just email the O2 to see if I can get some sort of explanation. Or I might not because it's probably their policy not to discuss policies... ;)

Anyway, brilliant show, enjoyed it immensely. Sorry to hear about the trouble further forward but had no problems where we were, Mike's side but a few rows in front of the sound desk so well back from the idiots by the sound of it.

Totally forgot to get a ticket at the end so if anyone has a spare...

I think they take them off the GA so that they can't be given to people in seats to try and get down and in that way, but they're scanned so you'd think not based on that.

I always make sure I find someone to grab one after - and I always get them to give me a 10c stub as well.
  • ParityParity Posts: 18
    edited July 2018
    My third best show ever, probably nudging very close to Leeds and I may promote it once I've had time to digest, and get the bootleg! :) Really strong setlist and performance. It dipped a little at some point for me, probably a few not so favourite tracks in a row or something, but the great bits far outweighed that lull (for me.) Shepherd's Bush Empire still number 1, mainly for the memory of seeing them in such a small (relatively) venue AND it being my first show.

Sorry to hear of the trouble people had on the floor. Best thing I ever did for PJ shows was give it up and get 10c seats where possible, close as I can non-10c seats otherwise. I gave up the floor after Belfast and Dublin - they were pretty tame (although Belfast RVM was kinda rumbustious where I was) but just too much standing around at my age... and a few arseholes can make a big difference when things get heavier. In seats you don't have that proximity quite so much and you get much better views, if not so close. The lack of atmosphere (aka energy, sweat, heat) in the seated sections is more than made up by the pleasure of being able to soak things in without worrying about what's going on around you. And the band have enough oomph that even in the seats you feel involved. I wouldn't like to have seats outwith the 2 closest side blocks however, as it sounds like the atmosphere really does get lost a bit there.
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Didin't get a ticket at the end. Wondered why the girl next to me in the Q photographed hers before handing it in. I know now.
    If some one could post an image of a 10c GA stub that would be cool.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • My first 10c GA experience, I did 4 shows on this tour and I’ve found it the same that no matter what country you are in people will always push to the front. There’s good and bad everywhere, last night I was row 2 say right in front of Mike and after the initial rush it calmed down. The only negative is people ducking down for guitar picks. 
     What i do wanna say is the overwhelming friendliness of people whilst waiting in 10c queues. And yeah you spend a lot of time queuing just to get in(not so much last night) It’s a real community atmosphere with a wealth of nationalities,experiences and show stories, this is what I will remember most.
    Bandwise my opinion if you mixed the setlist and musicianship of Krakow add the crowd in Barcelona with the visual magic of me being so close last night,you won’t be too far off the perfect show.
    Here’s to the next tour !!!!
  • Except for my first PJ show, this was my absolute favorite and I can’t wait for the bootleg! I am so glad I travelled back to London again from Sweden to see this show, that got cancelled in June. 

I stood with some great people. I have learned to avoid anybody who is super tall, super drunk or just seem to be a troublemaker. As a woman I try to stand with other women and friendly gentlemen and the great people around me made this show something special. When everyone is there for the music, it feels special. Only good energy around!

The band sounded fantastic and they played for 3 hours as it was their last show this Euro tour. Eddie was in great shape and amused us with his lovely sense of humor again and again. 

They ended with Yellow Ledbetter and people started walking out after that, but then PJ changed their minds and ran back on stage for an extra song and everyone rushed back towards the stage ... lol. This was a night that I didn’t want to end.
    Agree, as a women in the pit I’m always careful where I stand, mainly to avoid the super tall people who always seem to stand near me LOL
    Mainly Lovely people around where I was who kept an eye out for me and my pal - good times 
    We are all worms. But I believe that I am a glow-worm - Churchill
  • Magic_JMagic_J Uk Posts: 28
    edited July 2018
    Hi, new here *waves* 
    So at 40 yrs old last night was my first ever PJ gig, and wow I think I lucked out for a first show! It was so much more than I could have hoped for. I just didn’t want it to end. Even from up in the nosebleed 401 block (where we actually had a really good side view). When the resales started coming through I was so tempted to get refunds for our original tickets abd try to get GA instead, but I’m kinda glad I didn’t. I’ve been there done that with the queuing for a good spot,  and at 5’1” unless I’m within a few rows of the rail I just don’t get to see much. Memories of too many gigs in my youth getting elbows to the face and ending either swept up off my feet by the surge (lost both shoes at one gig :D) or getting pushed completely under made me stick with the original tickets. But to be fair I’ve since got a black belt in judo and now play roller derby, so 40yr old me could probably hold her own down the front better than 17yr old me could! So maybe next time eh? I’m still tempted. But last night I was just happy to be able to see it all and take it all in without worrying about queues and dicks who don’t know how to have a good night without ruining everyone else’s. 
    Post edited by Magic_J on
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    Except for my first PJ show, this was my absolute favorite and I can’t wait for the bootleg! I am so glad I travelled back to London again from Sweden to see this show, that got cancelled in June. 

I stood with some great people. I have learned to avoid anybody who is super tall, super drunk or just seem to be a troublemaker. As a woman I try to stand with other women and friendly gentlemen and the great people around me made this show something special. When everyone is there for the music, it feels special. Only good energy around!

The band sounded fantastic and they played for 3 hours as it was their last show this Euro tour. Eddie was in great shape and amused us with his lovely sense of humor again and again. 

They ended with Yellow Ledbetter and people started walking out after that, but then PJ changed their minds and ran back on stage for an extra song and everyone rushed back towards the stage ... lol. This was a night that I didn’t want to end.
    Agree, as a women in the pit I’m always careful where I stand, mainly to avoid the super tall people who always seem to stand near me LOL
    Mainly Lovely people around where I was who kept an eye out for me and my pal - good times 
    Yorkshire Lass, 
    Are you the girl from Leeds who was on the rail with your Scottish friend? If so hat’s off to you both, I was directly behind you and was massively impressed with your attitude and understanding that I wasn’t solely responsible for the crush and that he had something to do with the crowd behind me pushing forward.  You made a great concert even better by not arguing and getting annoyed with all those around you through no fault of their own.

lastexitlondon, Rob, was absolutely gutted for you mate when I saw your girls go over the barrier. We had had a good chat in the line and I know how much you were all looking forward to the gig and how much time you put into queueing.  A real pleasure to meet you and yours and it would be a real shame not to see you at future concerts.
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    Was a brilliant show. Easily one of the best, if not the best, time I have seen them. There have been a few fan request threads on here and Facebook that I posted on and they played a few of the songs I and others wanted (Oceans, Fatal, Breath, Baba O’Reilly). I thought it had a great balance of rarities, fan favourites and their mainstream hits, to please us fans and those who only occasionally listen to them.

I was seated so wasn’t aware of the issues with the general admission. But not surprised as every time I have seen them in the UK (eg Milton Keynes etc) Eddie had to ask the crowd to take 3 steps back. So unfortunately this was to be half expected.

Can’t wait for them to come back.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,704
    CB254133 said:
    Except for my first PJ show, this was my absolute favorite and I can’t wait for the bootleg! I am so glad I travelled back to London again from Sweden to see this show, that got cancelled in June. 

Yorkshire Lass, 
    Are you the girl from Leeds who was on the rail with your Scottish friend? If so hat’s off to you both, I was directly behind you and was massively impressed with your attitude and understanding that I wasn’t solely responsible for the crush and that he had something to do with the crowd behind me pushing forward.  You made a great concert even better by not arguing and getting annoyed with all those around you through no fault of their own.

lastexitlondon, Rob, was absolutely gutted for you mate when I saw your girls go over the barrier. We had had a good chat in the line and I know how much you were all looking forward to the gig and how much time you put into queueing.  A real pleasure to meet you and yours and it would be a real shame not to see you at future concerts.
    Thanks so much you are a gentleman.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Technically this was a 34 song show if you include 'Happy Birthday'. I only say this because 'Happy Birthday' is listed as a separate song on the Oklahoma City bootleg CD from 2003!
  • xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 187
    15th show for me. Band sounded great. I understand where people are coming from with the roughness of crowd, it was like that in 2000 first time I saw them at Wembley. Unfortunately there are wankers wherever you go, I’ve seen it as shows in Europe and the US. I last did GA in Europe in 2009 because I much prefer to not have to spend all gig fighting to stand up. Tenclub seats are always good, and it’s nice when you are stood with likeminded people. It was a bit weird last night, the tenclub seats were great location but only 6 or so out of the row of 16 were actually taken. Guess they didn’t resell them? Thoroughly enjoyed both nights, hope it isn’t 4 years until we see them again. Maybe in time for the Euro’s like Eddie said!
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
    love this Eddie moment when talking about great Donald Trump quotes " I'd call him a c*** but he lacks depth and warmth"  =)
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,704
    ^^I like this too. I've never heard ed say that word.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    ^^I like this too. I've never heard ed say that word.
    Now that Ed’s used the c bomb would it be OK to use it on this forum to describe some of lasts nights crowd?
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    I’d totally forgotten about Ed blinding Stone with the birthday cake, a candle in each eye. 
    Nature drunk and High
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    It was my 13th PJ show, 7th on this tour, and the best one since my first show which was Amsterdam 2 2012.
    I was at the rail, Stone side, and the experience was just perfect. People were into the song but everyone was very careful and respectful.
    I even had the opportunity to hold Eddie’s hand and I tried to transfer as much positive energy as I could.
    I’m sorry for all the ones that had a bad experience.
    I struggled in the pit in Milan 2014 and Berlin 2014 and I know that it is not easy to get back into the show once you have faced rough people.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    edited July 2018
    @lastexitlondon thanks for helping me selling my spare ticket. Much appreciated.
    I am relieved that you have been able to get back in the venue...when I saw the security guys holding you, they were so agressive that I had thought that they had kicked you out of the venue ...
    Post edited by aurelgugus on
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?