*** London, UK Fanviews Here 7/17/18 ***

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    I'm glad I can't see social media. My partner and daughters are not so small . Many smaller around us . And even men my size . My daughter  is still so upset and in pain . And most of all scared she is 17 not a child. Before anyone says Dont take kids
     She is a woman . 
    Sorry to hear all this, Rob..! 
    Did you fight for your spots or move out the way?
    Hope you were somehow able to enjoy the show anyway.. Setlist sure looks enjoyable
    We had no chance to fight @pdalowsky and his friends  also @WhyNotSweden dis everything to help but the girls were crushed and we all got pulled after 4 songs. Long story but the local security  treated me like an animal  separated me from my daughter and partner. She was sobbing shouting that s my dad. And they would not let me get to her
    (This is after being pulled) as taking us to medical area they were wrestling  me to the ground  in front of all my friends who were rail so they saw all this with their eyes. In the medical area they hold me down when I want to help my distraught daughter  and my partner and daughter . Utterly disgusting.  I am lucky. My friends  ewa  and Keith were with Rob from pj radio
     He came to the medical area and got them to let me see my family.  And I spoke before to Matt the crew  manager  at precious shows
     He came and helped us get a view for a few songs then moved us all the way to the back of the sound desk
    To tell you the truth  they were  great with our daughters  gave them a set list and a drumstick . Me..... I walked off and cried a little stood alone and decided this is not for me anymore.  I could have punched these people and behaved like them...but those who know me. I'm not that man. I'm a soft. Gentle and kind. Love to you who helped and saw the pain in our faces. I knew it was all wrong how I was pulled around by security . All my friends  saw. 
    Jesus Rob, I had no idea until now it gone down like this. This is horrendous. 

Man we tried to stave off the pressure on your daughters, between us I thought we would cover it, as we are both fairly strong lads. But after 6/7 songs it was fruitless, I was using every bit of strength in my legs to try and shield your eldest daughter even just a little bit and get her a little space to breathe but the surge seemed to get more and more intense. In a way mate I'm glad they took the early call to bail out, it was disappointing at the time as it happened so quick, and I could see the anguish on your face, but as the show went on in all honesty they would have really struggled. The pressure intensified, and built up right to the end. Ed was monitoring it the best he could and kept asking his security people to watch certain areas of the crowd, and was quite clearly concerned by a number of sections. A squabble broke out quite close to us, which was so loud that it drowned out Ed talking, but largely centered around a guy pushing the people on the rail - in all honesty it probably wasn't his fault. 

I was so disappointed for you, but even more so now knowing the full story. I hope your daughters still managed to enjoy some of the show, and it hasn't put them off going in the future, and so glad the tenc people took good care of you - that speaks volumes about the crew, their security and the nature that seems to be prevalent within them all. 

I hope by the next tour you decide to get back out to the shows bud, really enjoyed the chat before the show. 

• js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    Obviously not a nice experience,  but what can you expect?  PJ come to the UK once every Fours years and "Fan" demand makes tickets hard to come by.
    There are thousands of passive PJ fans out there,  who will go to a gig if they have a chance,  but they are never going to approach it with the same reverence as someone who has seen them a whole bunch of times.  It's a rock concert,  it's standing and the band are playing hard and fast.  To assume everyone in that crowd shares your philosophy is naive. 

Rather than go through all the drama,  you should have got decent seated tickets and enjoyed the show.  

IMHO

• OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Bella said:
    The worst experiences I’ve had in GA are Leeds and Manchester, last night was ok where we were but think we were lucky by the sounds of it. Give me Euro shows every day of the week.
    Never had any issues at Manchester or Leeds myself. 
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    js261067 said:
    It was an amazing show and highlighted just how bad Ed was at London 1.  Leagues apart.

Highlight was RVM,  the energy on stage and in the crowd,  especially with moving the crowd back,  was magical.
    He still sounded good at the first London show. He just chose his moments to let the crowd take over.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    edited July 2018
    I'm glad I can't see social media. My partner and daughters are not so small . Many smaller around us . And even men my size . My daughter  is still so upset and in pain . And most of all scared she is 17 not a child. Before anyone says Dont take kids
     She is a woman . 
    Sorry to hear all this, Rob..! 
    Did you fight for your spots or move out the way?
    Hope you were somehow able to enjoy the show anyway.. Setlist sure looks enjoyable
    We had no chance to fight @pdalowsky and his friends  also @WhyNotSweden dis everything to help but the girls were crushed and we all got pulled after 4 songs. Long story but the local security  treated me like an animal  separated me from my daughter and partner. She was sobbing shouting that s my dad. And they would not let me get to her
    (This is after being pulled) as taking us to medical area they were wrestling  me to the ground  in front of all my friends who were rail so they saw all this with their eyes. In the medical area they hold me down when I want to help my distraught daughter  and my partner and daughter . Utterly disgusting.  I am lucky. My friends  ewa  and Keith were with Rob from pj radio
     He came to the medical area and got them to let me see my family.  And I spoke before to Matt the crew  manager  at precious shows
     He came and helped us get a view for a few songs then moved us all the way to the back of the sound desk
    To tell you the truth  they were  great with our daughters  gave them a set list and a drumstick . Me..... I walked off and cried a little stood alone and decided this is not for me anymore.  I could have punched these people and behaved like them...but those who know me. I'm not that man. I'm a soft. Gentle and kind. Love to you who helped and saw the pain in our faces. I knew it was all wrong how I was pulled around by security . All my friends  saw. 
    So sorry this happened to you and also to everyone else who had a bad experience. That stinks all around :(

The crowd around me (row 3 on in front of Jeff) was actually not too bad. I was expecting it to be much worse to be honest. Intense energy but I did not fear for my safety in any way, it was just a bit tight so everyone was rubbing up against everyone else lol. And sweaty hair in my face/mouth.

The biggest issue for me was what appeared to be one individual on the rail who went bananas every time the crowd surged forward and pushed aggressively back at the petite woman behind her who also then proceeded to freak out and yell hysterically at the person behind her/in front of me. At least that what it looked like from where I was. And someone freaking out of me when I was trying to find a spot for my arm because they thought I was trying to elbow my way forward. I know the amount of stress that goes into securing those front spots but would be great if everyone could just take a breath and talk to people around before automatically assuming the worst. 

In the end for me, it was the right intensity that I needed to close out the Europe tour and hopefully not too many others had awful experiences. Love to all <3
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    As a guy on my own, having failed to help out Robs family, I was able to deal with the crowd although I would say its the most manic PJ crowd Ive been in, narrowly more intense then the crowd in Berlin 14. The energy down the front was crazy, the excitement could be felt, and outside the usual idiots, there was a good community feel amoungst those around me. 

As for the show, it was nothing short of SENSATIONAL. I drove the 4 hour drive home last night, not feeling any post tour blues, buzzing the whole way, with vivid memories of yet another special show. I already cant wait for the next tour. So many highlights, the combination of London 1 and London 2 - made these a pair of shows that were beyond my wildest dreams. Sometimes things work out perfectly, this wasnt meant to be the tour finale, but having ended up that way - it was a fitting one, they brought it last night - they brought it in spectacular fashion. 
  • alpechlivalpechliv London Posts: 1
    23scidoo said:
    Wow, Fatal and Around the bend on the same setlist???..awesome..
    so happy for my friend Alex, ''the guy with the beard''..
    What the f**k just happened yesterday?!?!?! E P I C!
    Sorry to hear people in the front had issues. 10 row back on Mike's side things were pretty good!
    McCready! I'm lovin' it!
    Athens 2006.
    Berlin 2009.
    Venice 2010.
    Amsterdam 1 2012.
    Milton Keynes 2014. 
    London 1+2 2018.
    EV, London 2012, Florence 2017.

• BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    First time I think I've had a bad crowd experience I think the problem was the show being rescheduled so there were loads of people there who picked up tickets who weren't even casual fans but just went along and knew alive and evenflow 

We had one arsehole next to us shouting at his mate during every song I asked him to shut up but he didn't take it well eventually someone else did more forcibly and he moved away. His mate then actually thanked us.

Anyway not sure 10c pit is the answer we met a young teenage couple from Newcastle at their first show who couldn't have been more enthusiastic they wouldn't have had that opportunity if there was a 10c pit 

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,711
    js261067 said:i
    Obviously not a nice experience,  but what can you expect?  PJ come to the UK once every Fours years and "Fan" demand makes tickets hard to come by.
    There are thousands of passive PJ fans out there,  who will go to a gig if they have a chance,  but they are never going to approach it with the same reverence as someone who has seen them a whole bunch of times.  It's a rock concert,  it's standing and the band are playing hard and fast.  To assume everyone in that crowd shares your philosophy is naive. 

Rather than go through all the drama,  you should have got decent seated tickets and enjoyed the show.  

IMHO

I knew someone would say this. But it's not ok in any gig to behave like some of these men are behaving to women . And men actually. I don't subscribe  to the "it's a rock show " so well can batter everyone.  Again I haven't had a problem really in 40 G.A  gigs it's not like I'm not sure what happens . Even before the show people were arguing. Pushing and threatening each other In the 2 he wait in the venue. It's just asshole behaviour . Nothing to do with how often they play or what song . So I do not agree about goimg and getting a seat. Because they will do it to whoever is the next 10c standing member to be in my place. I will go alone if I go again. And fight back shall I.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    It's ok to jump. It's ok to sing and clap. It's ok to dance. This band is in their 50s and parents. Ask them what crowd they would prefer. This one mentioned above or the asshole basically fighting through everyone enjoying themselves to upset all around them? 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Rant over. Sorry folks
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    Getting a lot of flashbacks to Milton Keynes 2014 reading this. A similar amount of trouble there, though I thought this was because of the larger venue.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • kevtickevtic Posts: 133
    Anyone got a spare ticket stub from last night. Never saw anyone handing tickets out after show. 
    ^^^just email the 02 they will send you some  :)
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    kevtic said:
    Anyone got a spare ticket stub from last night. Never saw anyone handing tickets out after show. 
    They were very stealth about it. Being handed out on the floor, I ran back in to get one after asking around.
  • RC74272RC74272 Posts: 25
    Great energy from the band and a superb setlist clearly intended to help make up for rescheduling

On crowd issues i was Stone’s side next to the stage so got a good view of the rail. There was a relatively small group of guys (maybe 6 in number) who were intent on circling/moshing the heaver numbers. They were about 10 rows back from the rail i guess.

This was clearly creating some discomfort and pressure to those in front and it peaked during RVM. In fairness to that moshing group they respected the 3 step back request (even though it was that group that caused the need for Ed to make such request in the first place).

At times the rail didnt look a good place to be but it did seem to be monitored by Ed and security.

I always go for seats to avoid being put in an uncomfortable position in GA. I think the band’s energy last night definitely fed into the mindset of that group of individuals.

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,925
    kevtic said:
    I picked up a spare. Let me know if you need it.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • js261067js261067 Posts: 125

IMHO

I knew someone would say this. But it's not ok in any gig to behave like some of these men are behaving to women . And men actually. I don't subscribe  to the "it's a rock show " so well can batter everyone.  Again I haven't had a problem really in 40 G.A  gigs it's not like I'm not sure what happens . Even before the show people were arguing. Pushing and threatening each other In the 2 he wait in the venue. It's just asshole behaviour . Nothing to do with how often they play or what song . So I do not agree about goimg and getting a seat. Because they will do it to whoever is the next 10c standing member to be in my place. I will go alone if I go again. And fight back shall I.
    I didn't say it was acceptable,  but there are people who still think of PJ as being the raucous grunge band of the 90's and want to "experience" that.  You only had to have heard the crowd talking through "ATB" to understand who was at the gig.  Not your fault.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,925
    On the train home, my mind still buzzing after that incredible show. 

Oceans and NAIS to open was incredible and so my highlights followed. Breath was unbelievable, that song means so much to me. From other boots I've always thought it's one of those songs that sounds better on record than live, but man I was so wrong. It was superb. 

It was my 10th show last night and I had 9 PJ songs plus I Won't Back down, Baba and Crazy Mary which I'd never seen live before. The add in Fatal, NAIS, You Are etc etc and it was a great way to round out the tour. 

I hope we don't have to wait another 4 years to see them again in Europe.

2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • MR26603MR26603 Posts: 16
    edited July 2018
    js261067 said:

IMHO

I didn't say it was acceptable,  but there are people who still think of PJ as being the raucous grunge band of the 90's and want to "experience" that.  You only had to have heard the crowd talking through "ATB" to understand who was at the gig.  Not your fault.
    There is much space in the arena. There was a most pit up front ca. 15x15 ft wide. And just at faster songs. If you want a calm place, just avoid this area or go to any show in the Netherlands or Scandinavia. It's that easy.
    Post edited by MR26603 on
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    js261067 said:

I think I understand what you are saying. I feel the same way but I'm getting to old for jumping and mosh pitting the whole show. I'm not at Pinkpop 1992 anymore.. hahahaha.. But it is what Pearl Jam is singing and rocking out. It's nothing less and nothing more then sometimes a punkrock show. Go, Why Go, Mind your Manners, Porch..  Ed's going crazy on Evolution...   But normally when you rock out always take care of your surroundings and don't be a drunk asshole who doesn't give a shit.

The biggest problem is there is no separate area anymore. At least not in Amsterdam in 2014 and 2018.  Also the tickets especially for 10c members was more then ever. The lineup in Amsterdam was crazy. People where in later then the non-Tenc members. It cost us 15 minutes of PJ because they decided to wait for the 10c members outside.

Maybe something to reconsider.  Or divide the GA in 50%.  Then you know it's mostly 10c.

I really don't care if you are a member or not, if you are early and took in time to get in front you have earned your spot. If your are late and push yourself forwards you risk bumping in to the wrong person.

Also extra note, please stop sitting down front row until the show begins. You must stand up for at least the last hour so everybody behind sees it's full upfront. Now if you are 6ft2 and you walk at the back and see a big open space upfront... I would try to go there too!!

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • SunshinejarSunshinejar Wales Posts: 53
    Oh man, what a show!!!! What a show!!!!!! We were about 10 rows from the front just in front of Eddie and it was electric! 

Completely agree about the pit, I was in the second row behind the circle and they almost ruined it for me, it was much better after Eddie asked everyone to move back. The circle was so big we were being crushed into the people behind us and at one point someone in the pit shoved another person so hard it took people out like dominoes . Me included. And during even flow my phone got knocked out of my hand and went flying through the air, the video is funny to watch though you can hear me laughing and saying my hero when it’s retreived (so so lucky!) I think the most annoying thing about the pit was people only came running into it when the big songs came on pushing all the 10 club out of the way. 

what a show though guys, trouble or no trouble, I couldn’t get enough and would watch over and over and over!!! And what a delight the other fans were, what a bunch!!! 
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    What exactly happpen with the crowd? Alot complains at social media
    My view . It started with security  checks on the way in. The line wasn't maintained after the body  metal detector. So people  who queued  all day were somehow behind  people  that queue a short while. So then order all mixed. 
    Then whilst waiting the 2hrs in position lots of drunk and angry people getting into space that isn t there.
    Biggest problem  .

I’m living in the UK in the last 2 years
    wonderful country with some of the most nicest and polite people in the world... no kidding
    but
    it all changed when they are drunk
    don’t know why drunk people from other countries are more chill than the british hahaha
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    Should have added the encores were amazing 
    Suziemay said:
    kevtic said:
    They were very stealth about it. Being handed out on the floor, I ran back in to get one after asking around.
    I don't know why they take them off you in the first place. 
  • pashapasamanpashapasaman Posts: 497
    kevtic said:
    Suziemay said:
    kevtic said:
    I don't know why they take them off you in the first place. 
    They want to count it probably lol
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
    What exactly happpen with the crowd? Alot complains at social media
    My view . It started with security  checks on the way in. The line wasn't maintained after the body  metal detector. So people  who queued  all day were somehow behind  people  that queue a short while. So then order all mixed. 
    Then whilst waiting the 2hrs in position lots of drunk and angry people getting into space that isn t there.
    Biggest problem  .

I’m living in the UK in the last 2 years
    wonderful country with some of the most nicest and polite people in the world... no kidding
    but
    it all changed when they are drunk
    don’t know why drunk people from other countries are more chill than the british hahaha
    We had a guy beside who I think was Italian who apparently just did the toilet where he stood, twice.  He also hassled a guy I was talking to saying he couldn't see etc  and the guy eventually moved to let him stand in front of him.  It was done in threatening way but we diffused the situation by taking the rise out of him. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    All this complaining about GA ,in my experience, comes down to one thing. The need to get absolutely shit faced at a concert. It’s what caused me problems at shows. From having some idiot barely able to stand spill his beer on my wife, to some kid who traveled from the UK to NY to see U2 doing lines of coke and screaming into his phone at his girl , to people going in and out and pushing through to get more beer. It’s out of control. People cannot handle their drugs and alcohol or they just over do it. All this coupled with countless other bad experiences that started happening only within the past 3 years has made me swear off GA. And I am always a little apprehensive before any gig now , hoping I won’t be stuck next to or around one one of these types because I do not have patience and the last thing I wanna do is have to hurt someone to protect myself or more importantly , my wife

@lastexitlondon your posts have made me sick, thinking about the excitement leading up to this show and then to go through that is absolutely unacceptable. I’m sorry for you and your family. Yes it’s a rock show but sometimes there’s a line that gets crossed between an energetic pit and disgusting behavior. 
    Thanks for all.the kind words everyone
     All true
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mcbettermanmcbetterman Kent Posts: 12
    The crowd seemed pretty friendly where i was stood last night, just to right of centre (Stones side) and not too far out.  The only time if felt uncomfortable was when Eddie asked us all to take 3 steps back.  We moved back only for everyone behind us not to move.  Not sure the early entry idea works as you get in there nice and early only for people to come in later and try to push through.  Not that happened last night but have experienced it previous.  Would be good to have an enclosed area at the from for 10c members to stop this happening.  My only moan was what happened to all the ticket stubs?  Was told all gone when we left but you can only take 1 ticket stub if you have a standing wristband and loads of people still making there way out after me so not sure how that would be.  Amazing show though.
    2018 - O2 Arena, London x2
    2017 - Hammersmith Apollo, London (Eddie Vedder)
    2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl
    2012 - Manchester Arena
    2010 - Hyde Park, London
    2009 - O2 Arena, London
    2007 - Wembley Arena, London
    2006 - Reading Festival
    2000 - Wembley Arena, London x2