*** Berlin, Germany Fanviews Here 7/5/18 ***

124»

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    cutz said:
    The Berlin show was VERY GOOD and the crowd was CRAZY GREAT!!>I've NEVER experienced a crowd like that and i've been going to Concerts for a long time. THANK YOU Berlin and THANK YOU to my European friends for helping me out while i was ther. That 3-run show(Prague, Krakow, & Berlin) is right up ther with the 4-run shows i saw at The Spectrum in Philly.
    It was a pleasure to have you in Europe Jim!!!..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    The crowd in Berlin was like nothing I've ever seen before. I still cannot get over the pure intensity and elation of the audience. I know the band felt it too, because they played their asses off that night. I can't say enough good things about this show; from the setlist through the vibe everything was turned up to 11. Thank you Pearl Jam for a great 3-show bender from this Canadian.

• BellaBella Posts: 120
    Perfect setting.
    Arnhem'06 Paris'06 Wembley'07 Manchester'09 Dublin'10 Belfast '10 Manchester1 '12 Manchester2 '12 Stockholm '12 Vancouver '13
    Vienna Berlin Stockholm Leeds Milton Keynes '14 Philly 2 nights  '16 MSG 2 nights '16 EV Dublin '17 Amsterdam 1 
    Padova Rome Prague Kraków Berlin '18
  • TGardenTGarden Posts: 56
    One of the best pits I've experienced. It was wiiild

• deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    edited July 2018
    The crowd in Berlin was like nothing I've ever seen before. I still cannot get over the pure intensity and elation of the audience. I know the band felt it too, because they played their asses off that night. I can't say enough good things about this show; from the setlist through the vibe everything was turned up to 11. Thank you Pearl Jam for a great 3-show bender from this Canadian.

That's me holding my head at the left of your photo! Unfortunately the panorama messed up a little with it!
    I totally agree about the show, that was from another planet!
    Post edited by deftones on
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • ReikoReiko Posts: 29
    What to say, what to say...back in summer 2003 I met my girl in Germany and felt in love!
    We spent our first week. Then she went for research to Latnjajaure Field Station. Before I hiked through Jämtland and she traveled to the north, I made a soundtrack for my girl. One of two PJ songs was "Thumbing my way".
    Full of love I could not go home from Jämtland and I had to take the train to Abisko. From there I hiked to the Latnjajaure Field Station with this song.
    "Thumbing my way" became our song. 15 years later, we are a family with an teenager and the experienced of 15 PJ shows and 4 EV shows. Last Thursday we got it live first time. What to say: an amazing evening. 
    The Second song was "Smile". Next chance maybe at Wrigley. Thank you Pearl Jam.
    Berlin 1996, 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2012 (1+2), 2014, 2018
    Düsseldorf 2007
    New York (1+2) 2016
    Amsterdam (1+2) 2018
    Prague 2018
    Wrigley (1+2) 2018
    EV-A´dam (2) 2012
    EV-A´dam (1) 2017
    EV-A´dam (1+2) 2019
    EV-Berlin 2017, 2019
    EV-Antwerpen 2017
    EV-Barolo 2019
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Reiko said:
    What to say, what to say...back in summer 2003 I met my girl in Germany and felt in love!
    We spent our first week. Then she went for research to Latnjajaure Field Station. Before I hiked through Jämtland and she traveled to the north, I made a soundtrack for my girl. One of two PJ songs was "Thumbing my way".
    Full of love I could not go home from Jämtland and I had to take the train to Abisko. From there I hiked to the Latnjajaure Field Station with this song.
    "Thumbing my way" became our song. 15 years later, we are a family with an teenager and the experienced of 15 PJ shows and 4 EV shows. Last Thursday we got it live first time. What to say: an amazing evening. 
    Nice story!
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Reiko said:
    Nice story.
    So, I recorded this song for You!
    Thumbing my way recorded in Berlin

Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • w8scmaw8scma Berlin Posts: 49

The next day, at Waldbühne we meet these great people at the venue, two totally wonderful crazy guys from L.A. celebrating their 25th and 51st show with friends. A guy who has never heard Pearl Jam live before but starts to like them more and more during the show! A father with his little son who is wearing an „I’m Eddie“ shirt. He is really named after Eddie and rocks out happily during the concert with his big headphones on. And then this incredible crowd! Everybody going crazy and I think, this is a bit, how the 90s must have felt. I was scared at first because of the mosh pit and the crowdsurfing, but it never got out of control (Eddie gave it „5 connoisseur stars“). It was so beautiful when everybody started throwing the cardboard! And I really lost it when they went into this long „It’s ok“-tag. I was weeping, cause suddenly it all seemed to make sense. Oh man, me crying to a Disney song but what the f…

During the whole show, it really felt like 20.000 friends celebrating their favorite band, the music, life, I dunno! Group hugs at the end. Nobody wants to go home. And then later, in the U-Bahn, my husband recognizes one of our guests from the pre-concert sitting right in front of us. And he tells me that since the morning he had a song in his mind. And I go: „Which Pearl Jam song is it?“ And he says: „No, it’s one of your songs from the pre-concert: 200 horses!“ And I’m just crushed! How cool is that!!! 

And all of these things would have never happened to me without this band! These five graceful people who make music for us! Who stay serious and true and caring without effects or posing. Just making music!  

I am so grateful! Life is good! Life is good!

It was nice to meet you!!! Hello from the 51st show guy..........
    Hey Dustin! So nice to meet you, too! Didn't know you are a writer! I just ordered your new book! Say hello to Darius if you're still in touch  :)
    Prague 2000. Berlin 2006. Berlin 2007. Berlin 2009. Berlin 2010. Philadelphia 2012. Chicago 2013 (Wrigley). Milan 2014. Trieste 2014. Berlin 2014. New York 2016 (MSG). Berlin 2017 (Eddie Vedder Solo). Padova 2018. Rome 2018. Berlin 2018. Berlin 2019 (Eddie Vedder Solo).
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    deftones said:

That's me holding my head at the left of your photo! Unfortunately the panorama messed up a little with it!
    I totally agree about the show, that was from another planet!
    Ah cool, I guess you were moving a little too fast. We were definitely watching this show together. It was great meeting you.
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    So it was a hot day right? I mean it wasn’t just me was it? We some how managed to completely fuck up the directions to the venue and arrived via the U-Barn...walked through a residential area (getting some very funny looks from the locals watering their gardens, probably didn’t help I was wearing a Wu-Tang Method Man t-shirt, not really the done thing in that area I expect) and finally found the edge of the woods. After a while we hit a fence and realised we were at the crew entrance, a security guy waved us away into what a healthy person would describe as a fun nature trail, but I’d describe as some sort of torturous alpine assault course. We went up, we went down, we went up some more all the while desperately following the fence line. We came across another lost soul along the way also struggling in the heat (if you are on here I hope you made it out of the woods and found your friends!!!). After a step climb we finally burst back out into the sunshine, dripping with sweat and ready for an afternoon of queuing to get into the venue we’d become very familiar with during our little hike.

Thankfully the people in the queue found our exploits amusing and we soon became fast friends for the rest of the day, much beer was drunk (maybe too much) and then Pearl Jam in Berlin happened. It was my third time seeing them in at outdoor venue In Berlin and its always unlike anything else, completely magical and absolutely never to be missed! 
    Nature drunk and High
  • w8scmaw8scma Berlin Posts: 49
    Spags said:

Thankfully the people in the queue found our exploits amusing and we soon became fast friends for the rest of the day, much beer was drunk (maybe too much) and then Pearl Jam in Berlin happened. It was my third time seeing them in at outdoor venue In Berlin and its always unlike anything else, completely magical and absolutely never to be missed! 
     =)=)=) 
    Prague 2000. Berlin 2006. Berlin 2007. Berlin 2009. Berlin 2010. Philadelphia 2012. Chicago 2013 (Wrigley). Milan 2014. Trieste 2014. Berlin 2014. New York 2016 (MSG). Berlin 2017 (Eddie Vedder Solo). Padova 2018. Rome 2018. Berlin 2018. Berlin 2019 (Eddie Vedder Solo).
    look the security guys..hahaha..

https://youtu.be/rMCFKl36mAk
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    23scidoo said:
    look the security guys..hahaha..

https://youtu.be/rMCFKl36mAk
    I was watching the main security guy and Eddie during this onslaught of cardboard and it was pretty comical. 
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Any rumors about a 10c Berlin poster sale?
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,216
    Sea said:
    Pearl Jam
    Waldebüne
    Berlin, DE
    July 05, 2018
    Set List

Band Onstage: 7:57
    Band Offstage: 10:31
    Walk On Music: Metamorphosis #2-Phillip Glass

01. Wash
    02. Sometimes
    03. Corduroy
    04. Why Go
    05. Save You
    06. Given To Fly
    (Ed says it is very nice to be able to see the audience since they are playing in daylight.  He addresses them in German and asks the band when they have been here before.  Mike, Jeff and Stone had been here with Neil Young.  Ed introduces the band and special guest Danny Clinch. He says the next song is called “Blue Eyed Frog”.)
    07. Red Mosquito w/ Danny Clinch on harmonica
    08. In My Tree (Up here in my tree / Newspapers matter not to me Fuck Trump!)
    (“I hear J. Mascis from the great Dinosaur Jr. is here tonight.  J. I am looking for you while it is still light out.  This is dedicated to J. Mascis”)
    09. Even Flow
    10. Wishlist (I wish I was as fortunate as Mike McCready)
    11. Habit (“Speaking as a man who despises racism in any form” instead of the normal spoken part).  
    12. Angie-(Jagger / Richards) Partial cover about 1:20 seconds
    13. Daughter / It's OK-(Cole) - (cover lasts 4 min (I need all of you on this. I need all the girls, I need all the women.  I need all the people that love their girls and women.  Help me sing it)
    14. Deep (During the “doesn’t like the view” section lays on his back with his head hanging upside down over the monitors.)
    15. Mind Your Manners
    16. Unthought Known
    (Ed gives the audience in the pit 5 stars.  He says they are gonna play a slow song they can get romantic and he says they won’t play a Ramones song tonight but he wants people to check out the Ramones museum.  He continues talking about the Ramones and the audience starts to chant “Hey Ho-Let’s Go”.  Okay, I’m gonna play a quiet one.)
    17. Lukin
    18. Porch-(During instrumental part the audience are throwing around what I think are pieces of flat cardboard that look to hold six beers.  A few make it onto the stage.  Ed watches.  Jeff gets one and uses it to play his bass.  Ed climbs down to the barricade for the end of the song)

Encore Break 1
    (Referring to all the beer caddy’s the audience was throwing around he says he knew the crowd was drinking but he didn’t realize how much they had been drinking.  He compares them to Seattle or Seattle to them.
    He relates a story from a guy in Prague who was adamant that Ed reads his note.  The note says I went to the show with a neighbor I left with a wife.  This song is for you and neighbor. )
    19. Thin Air
    20. Thumbing My Way
    (Dedicated to someone who is here tonight and they lived in Seattle for awhile.  His band never took off.  They had a hit in Belgium.  So if you are out there tonight Cliff Poncier, this one is for you.-Reference to a character in the Singles film that fronted a band portrayed by members of Pearl Jam.)
    21. Breath
    22. Do The Evolution
    23. Black / Time Heals-(Rundgren) 20 second tag
    24. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2
    (Because of the curfew I want to introduce the next song quickly…my daughters went to the Berlin Wall and we want to dedicate this to Roger Waters and to thank him for educating us)
    25. Comfortably Numb-(Gilmour, Waters)
    26. Alive
    27. Rockin' In The Free World-(Young) w/ J. Mascis
    (Ed thanks the audience and the crew.  He thanks the promoter who has worked with them for years.)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

I saw many shows from different bands in the past but this was the BEST SHOW EVER!!!!

Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    3 months from today, on my top-3 shows..

https://youtu.be/JXupS7UxS08
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,355
    I need that 'Better Than Nothing Videos' guy on YouTube to create a full DVD of this one with the bootleg audio.  I need a good quality video of In My Tree! :)
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    edited June 2020
    I guess they're just dropping random proshots these days.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAoh-B8Q3F4
    Post edited by opsopcopolis on
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
    edited June 2020
    double post....
    Listening to this show today and noticed how good Ed sounds on the second half of Deep. He has a pretty bad voice crack about halfway through, seems to get pissed and then really push his voice for the second half. Sounds really forceful