*** Berlin, Germany Fanviews Here 7/5/18 ***

Comments

• The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,345
    ARRRGGGHHHHH! 

Ed saw my sign for In My Tree at all three shows and acknowledged it every time! He saw it last night just before they played it and smiled and pointed to his setlist and then showed me three fingers. Three songs later...

As it started he pointed at me. MY LIFE IS MADE! It was glorious.

Second row between Ed and Jeff. Craziest pit ever. Crowdsurfing galore, all the cardboard flying around during Porch was insane. It felt like a 90s show!

More thoughts when I'm home tomorrow. I'm battered and bruised and it was totally worth it.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,086
    ^ thanks for getting in my tree played. Been chasing that one like crazy
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Wow, what to say at this morning glory? Maybe another big Thank you Pearl Jam
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Hey beautiful people. Go say hi to Danny if you’re still in Berlin this afternoon! 

https://pearljam.com/news/clinch-crates-x-pearl-jam-at-sonos-store-berlin
  • cannotstaylongcannotstaylong Posts: 668
    edited July 2018
    Simply put: that was amazing. As others have said, I didn’t think they would top Kraków, but they decided to go out and blow us away. 

The venue was perfect, and the daytlight performance was really special. The setlist was great from start to finish, with songs that folks had been requesting for this entire three show stretch (In My Tree; Thumbing My Way). Breath, Thin Air and the It’s Ok tag were highlights for sure. And the crowd. Holy hell, man, that crowd. Once Save You hit I knew this was going to be a special crowd. I heard it got a little rough farther back in the pit, but up front it was intense but awesome. The band clearly took the crowd’s energy and poured it back into the performance. The extended jam during Porch was incredible. It was such a cool sight to turn around from the front of the pit and see all the beer trays flying in the air. 

I’m heading back home tomorrow exhausted but tremendously happy. I could not have asked for a better three show stretch. The band was at the very top of their game, and I feel blessed to have seen these shows. I met so many amazing PJ fans from around the world and visited three beautiful cities. 

Thanks, Pearl Jam, for an awesome week in Europe. 
    Post edited by cannotstaylong on
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
  • breakmarysfallbreakmarysfall Posts: 363
    edited July 2018
    Wow! What to say what to say at this morning glory?
    It was such a magic night, the band was on fire and the audience so fully into it, increadible as so intense! ... And they played it‘s ok!!! That meant so much to me, although it might not yet be ok regarding the news, but personally spoken my life is finally ok and I was soo happy to sing it out loud with them! Dunno but PJ always give me so muchHOPE... the positive energy they give through their magic music and all the happy ppl dancing to it... so yeah, we’re gonna make it and I will happily carry on... so Thanks again and again, for another wonderful! night, for the great setlist and all the positive impulses we all shared and also for singing Angie (that was very sweet regarding current German politics :) ) uhhh so Viva Pearl Jam and please keep on rocking ..:. <3 
    Post edited by breakmarysfall on
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    No words. Up there to Amsterdam 2-2012
    Wow.  That”s a strong statement.
  • TGardenTGarden Posts: 56
    Guess I'm not the only one with a red face today. My head is still fucking spinning from the mosh-pit. Damn.
    In general public line at 1330, had some water, red wine and candy, a banana. Got to know some good people. When someone asked me what I expected I kinda said, "Wash to complete 10, Habit because it's fucking hardcore, Breath because it's my favourite song and you know, some good moshing. Like anything like that would ever happen. They never play any of those songs...pearl jam crowds are quite calm, old, lame if you will." Anyways, got inside and the fucking Germans don't take cards haha. Told my brother..ye this is where we might die or we'll just have to rob someone on their bratwurst.
    Then the show began and I got everything I could've ever wish for. My 8th show and by far the best. It was like a fucking slayer concert. I couldn't believe it when Breath started playing! This was my dream pearl jam concert, like one of those from the mid -90s like someone else said. Man, today I'm all busted up, broken bones and nasty cuts haha. Hell of a night! If just someone could sell me one of those posters ;)
    The Rock said:
    ARRRGGGHHHHH! 

Ed saw my sign for In My Tree at all three shows and acknowledged it every time! He saw it last night just before they played it and smiled and pointed to his setlist and then showed me three fingers. Three songs later...

As it started he pointed at me. MY LIFE IS MADE! It was glorious.

Second row between Ed and Jeff. Craziest pit ever. Crowdsurfing galore, all the cardboard flying around during Porch was insane. It felt like a 90s show!

More thoughts when I'm home tomorrow. I'm battered and bruised and it was totally worth it.
    So happy for you!  IMT is one of my very very favorites.  Thanks for helping make it happen!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    As my friend Deftones said above, we were thinking Krakow was on top, but last night was so awesome..the venue, the crowd, the band, the setlist, all was so sweet..6 new songs for me, tottaly 17 new on 3 shows..Wash, In my tree, Save you, Habbit, Deep, Thumping my way, Breath after long time..i feel so gratefull for doing these leg of tour..so many new friends, many friends who i saw them again..so happy..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    There were lots of remarkable things about this show, the big one being the energy that was as someone said almost like time travel to earlier days.

But the highlight for me was the extended It’s OK.  The most exhilarating part of an exhilarating evening!

After the show in the second level up in the back a group of Danes were singing and leading us in an extended audience conrnuation of the show far about 20 min.  People from all around the stadium were cheering and joining in. Including YL.  It was amazing.
  • saurighisaurighi Posts: 69
    The Rock said:

I'm battered and bruised and it was totally worth it.
    I was right in front of Eddie and 1 meter from the rails. It was Mayhem! 
    I felt 20 again! 
    It's been simply beautiful!
    13/11/96 Milan - 16/06/14 Amsterdam - 25/11/15 Bogota - 29/05/17 EV Amsterdam - 21/03/18 Rio de Janeiro - 12/06/18 Amsterdam - 13/06/18 Amsterdam - 18/06/18 London - 24/06/18 Padova - 05/07/18 Berlin (AMAZING) - 08/08/18 Seattle - 10/08/18 Seattle (Spectacular) - 09/06/19 EV Amsterdam - 10/06/19 EV Amsterdam - 21/06/22 Berlin - 23/06/22 Zurich - 25/06/22 Imola - 25/07/22 Amsterdam - 11/09/22 New York
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 464
    edited July 2018
    Prague > Krakow > Berlin.... amazing trip. They saved the best for last. I have never experienced anything like that Berlin crowd... just amazing.... sat in lower bowl just up from the pit and it was so fun watching the crowd and then the band... back and forth....

the mosh pit, the little girl standing on her Dad's shoulders at the back of the pit clapping along during 'It's OK'.... Eddie saw her and was trying to get the cameraman to turn around and focus on her.... the beer tray insanity during Porch!

Great night... wish it didn't end so quickly... could have watched another 3 hours...

https://youtu.be/9sB5AVMRG7U
    https://youtu.be/yOABvEwwnC0

Post edited by davidos on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    At that show, in that venue, under that wide open sky, in that moment, everything truly was all okay. I’m going to carry that feeling with me. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    edited July 2018
    Post edited by binaural2002 on
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • w8scmaw8scma Berlin Posts: 49
    edited July 2018

Wow! I don’t know what to say, but this concert kind of summed up my whole Pearl Jam experience so far. I missed them during the 90s when I was an overly ambitious, low self-esteem woman who only listened to classical music. I discovered them 2011 when PJ20 came out. Once I got out of the movie theater, I told my husband I would buy myself a guitar! And it changed my life! Now, 7 years and 10 PJ concerts later, I make my own music, I have my own band, and Pearl Jam plays my hometown again. 

And it all comes together: The evening before, we organize a little Pearl Jam pre-concert at Baumhaus Bar. And so many nice and supportive people show up despite the incredible heat. And we get to play our own music and our favorite PJ songs in front of this audience. Check out our version of BLACK: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzWyp6Rju7c&amp;frags=pl%2Cwn

The next day, at Waldbühne we meet these great people at the venue, two totally wonderful crazy guys from L.A. celebrating their 25th and 51st show with friends. A guy who has never heard Pearl Jam live before but starts to like them more and more during the show! A father with his little son who is wearing an „I’m Eddie“ shirt. He is really named after Eddie and rocks out happily during the concert with his big headphones on. And then this incredible crowd! Everybody going crazy and I think, this is a bit, how the 90s must have felt. I was scared at first because of the mosh pit and the crowdsurfing, but it never got out of control (Eddie gave it „5 connoisseur stars“). It was so beautiful when everybody started throwing the cardboard! And I really lost it when they went into this long „It’s ok“-tag. I was weeping, cause suddenly it all seemed to make sense. Oh man, me crying to a Disney song but what the f…

During the whole show, it really felt like 20.000 friends celebrating their favorite band, the music, life, I dunno! Group hugs at the end. Nobody wants to go home. And then later, in the U-Bahn, my husband recognizes one of our guests from the pre-concert sitting right in front of us. And he tells me that since the morning he had a song in his mind. And I go: „Which Pearl Jam song is it?“ And he says: „No, it’s one of your songs from the pre-concert: 200 horses!“ And I’m just crushed! How cool is that!!! 

And all of these things would have never happened to me without this band! These five graceful people who make music for us! Who stay serious and true and caring without effects or posing. Just making music!  

I am so grateful! Life is good! Life is good!

Just look at the cardboard rain...

https://youtu.be/JyghDUX0hJE

Post edited by w8scma on
    Prague 2000. Berlin 2006. Berlin 2007. Berlin 2009. Berlin 2010. Philadelphia 2012. Chicago 2013 (Wrigley). Milan 2014. Trieste 2014. Berlin 2014. New York 2016 (MSG). Berlin 2017 (Eddie Vedder Solo). Padova 2018. Rome 2018. Berlin 2018. Berlin 2019 (Eddie Vedder Solo).
  • TGardenTGarden Posts: 56
    Breath and A scream! My favourite pj-tune folks. So happy. Cam work coulda been a bit better^^

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    At that show, in that venue, under that wide open sky, in that moment, everything truly was all okay. I’m going to carry that feeling with me. 
    Exactky. We sit on those benches after the show and all felt so perfect 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • At that show, in that venue, under that wide open sky, in that moment, everything truly was all okay. I’m going to carry that feeling with me. 

• breakmarysfallbreakmarysfall Posts: 363
    edited July 2018
    I double that... perfectly said :) smiling still all over on my way back, carrying it with me as well :) a wave of peace& love ...
    Post edited by breakmarysfall on
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,459
    edited July 2018
    https://instagram.com/p/Bk3nj17hMRgbgfL8par2zE8erxbW_-VbZlG1Fg0/

^^^a clip of my video of RVM and the cardboard throwing

edit: if the link doesn’t work find me on a Instagram @instaweej
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,020
    edited July 2018
    Is it just me or did habit sound like a complete mess? Someone was playing wrong chords and the timing seemed off

other than that an amazing show. Was sitting a couple of rows in front of the mixing desk, sound was perfect. This section was held for guests. But they started letting others in close to showtime. We moved there as soon as we saw what was happening.
    Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • KobboiKobboi Posts: 12
    mrk2 said:
    Is it just me or did habit sound like a complete mess? Someone was playing wrong chords and the timing seemed off
    Oh, so it wasn't just me :)
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,086
    Yeah, habit was fucked up. Still fun though!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Absolutely one of the best PJ shows I have attended. But beside this it was a blast to meet so many people from around the world. First in the 10C line (my brain for names is not existing): Bucky from Colorado with the guy from Munich and Ka... from NJ and the pair from Dublin and inside my new friends who gave me the Pearl Jam Canada Sticker after the show. If any of you is in this forum, please contactme via PM. Thanks
  • BeetypeBeetype Sweden Posts: 8
    A fantastic band, a fantastic venue and a fantastic  crowd made this one of the best pj-experiences i’ve ever had (wuhlheide 2009 still in top). I didn’t watch the big screens very much but what saw was tremendous and would make a great concertfilm. Hope it got recorded and will be shared soon.
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    mrk2 said:
    Oh yeah, but I was loving it. Glad it was played, wanted to see it for ages and finally got it. It's great when it's utterly ramshackle
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • dadesdades Posts: 321
    First and foremost, thank you Berlin. And as for Pearl Jam words cannot do you justice.
    The venue, the crowd, the atmosphere during the whole show. Fuck, the 3.5hours waiting for a fucking poster in blazing heat, then the waiting, again, still in that sun to access the venue.I would do it all again in a heartbeat for a show like last night.It really was THAT good. I count myself lucky that I have seen some awesome, legendary shows from PJ. This is right there in the top 3.
    When these guys walk onto the stage, expectations are always high. Every show is so different and unique, there is always the possibility that you will walk out of the venue knowing you have just witnessed something special that will stay with you forever. 
    I love this band, love every show, have met so many people from all over the world, travelled to places I wouldn't have thought to have gone and had a fucking great time.
     All because of a wee band out of Seattle that I first saw singing  a song called Alive, on a UK TV show, 'The Power Hour' one Saturday morning.
    Who new that a 3-4 min music video would have such an impact on your life.
    This band means the world to me, long may it continue. 
    See you in London
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    I was three or four rows back on Stones side, this was such a great show. I thought Prague was amazing but this could well have beaten it, I'm so lucky and grateful to be able to travel around these beautiful cities and witness these shows. Wow! 
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........